Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
By my count JSS is giving 39 court days for the retrial (excluding above dates and Fridays).

This is supposed to be her fourth hair donation, and JM could (I hope) easily debunk this nonsense by pointing out how very odd it is that, until last month, her hair's been almost exactly the same length, month in, month out, for the last past six years.

As he's presumably seen her in court at various points in time, he could probably testify to that himself.

Hair grows an average of 6" a year. Every site I've come across for hair donations, including "Locks of Love", have a 12" length minimum.
So..........the jury is supposed to believe she donated 4 feet of her hair over a 6 year period...:facepalm: or is CMJA's middle name "Rapunzel"? :floorlaugh:

This is a "re-trial" of the penalty phase, the jurors are making the decision whether to give CMJA the DP or LWOP.
This is NOT a rehash of the evidence, it's all about whether CMJA has any redeeming values that make her life worth sparing.
Phase 1 and 2 of the trial found her guilty of murder and eligible for the Death penalty.

Anyone who is not aware of how Arizona courts handle Death Penalty cases might want to do some research before the penalty re-trial starts.

What I'm reading is a lot of non-issues that are more fodder for an appeal, which I highly doubt will ever see the light of day.

It all comes down to whether the jury gives her Life or Death, not any evidence or witnesses presented in the 1st and 2nd phases.

I do believe seeing as this is a retrial, that a lot of the evidence will need to be gone over again, including new evidence we thought we were done with. Just because this is a retrial thread doesn't mean we can't discuss anything that came before it or any of the evidence. My two pennies. I totally understand where you're coming from though. I know where the frustration stems from.

I am on break. Any news on cameras today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like no cameras. That's probably better for me. It'll help me not to sit around watching the trial all day annoying my family lol.

None yet, and in a reply to a tweet Jen said she didn't think we would know today. I wasn't sure where that 'Tuesday' was coming from, all the real time tweets I saw yesterday said the judge said she'd issue her runing by week's end.

None yet, and in a reply to a tweet Jen said she didn't think we would know today. I wasn't sure where that 'Tuesday' was coming from, all the real time tweets I saw yesterday said the judge said she'd issue her runing by week's end.

Oh, I think I misread. Again. Jesus, I'm a mess. Sorry guys.

I do believe seeing as this is a retrial, that a lot of the evidence will need to be gone over again, including new evidence we thought we were done with. Just because this is a retrial thread doesn't mean we can't discuss anything that came before it or any of the evidence. My two pennies. I totally understand where you're coming from though. I know where the frustration stems from.

It's all good, MeeBee!:wink:

Maybe JSS does use runes to arrive at rulings. hahaha

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 32s

Heading back home

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 16s

@*advertiser censored* no cameras
--

(In response to a question if this hearing was being streamed)

:gaah: :tantrum::tantrum:

:gaah: :tantrum::tantrum:

:gaah: I was so looking forward to seeing Juan back in action !

:juanettes::juanettes::juanettes::juanettes:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 16s

Trial for #jodiarias is expected to last until Dec 12th

:eek: December 12 ?

JMO but I bet it will go past Christmas ... and New Year's Day ...

:moo:

By my count JSS is giving 39 court days for the retrial (excluding above dates and Fridays).

Well, 39 days makes a lot more sense than two and a half months, but still -- are they *advertiser censored******ng kidding?! Even if 14 of those days are spent picking a jury, that's 25 days of witness testimony. So every witness is expected to be a Samuels or a LaViolette and spend 10 days on the stand?! Unbelievable.

Well, 39 days makes a lot more sense than two and a half months, but still -- are they *advertiser censored******ng kidding?! Even if 14 of those days are spent picking a jury, that's 25 days of witness testimony. So every witness is expected to be a Samuels or a LaViolette and spend 10 days on the stand?! Unbelievable.

I would imagine a sentencing phase of a capital case to be lengthy --- how long it took last time? I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487