Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 12/04 In recess Computer Exp Hearing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How much ya wanna bet the majority of those 14 witnesses are totally irrelevant? Like her 2nd grade school teacher recalling how Jodi shared a box of crayons once upon a time?

Oh, 14 witnesses. For some reason I thought that there will be 14 character witnesses. 14 witnesses = trying to stall this trial and force a mistrial due to inadequate jurors. We'll be lucky if this trial is complete by June 2015. And I'm being conservative! :gaah:

I just feel uncomfortable with beating up on the Judge. I know that I'm in the minority, but I trust her and understand that this is a DP case, so she wants to make sure that the Defense, no matter how goofy it seems, has a fair trial. She probably is disgusted as the rest of us. Just my Opinion

I agree with you - I think she is exhausted and sick of it. However I do think she should insist on basic respect from all parties and proper courtroom decorum. My DH had jury duty today and ended up on a jury for a criminal trial. He told me the judge gave the jury very specific instructions such as all men's shirts had to be tucked in, phones off, etc. (But they could bring coffee to the jury box - lol.) I think that is how a courtroom should be run.

Thing that bothers me is that this is a hearing on a defense motion to dismiss charges/DP due to prosecutorial misconduct. How in the world can the defense try and keep discovery from the person they are accusing of misconduct?

JSS made a good call on this. I have a feeling that the defense still will stall about turning it over. Did anyone tweet WHEN it has to be turned over?

BTW, during this, I managed to put together a quick salad and broiled shrimp for dinner. Ate it at my desk instead of with DH. Luckily, he understands.

Um. Yeah. But this is the same judge who allowed a defense expert to begin telling the jury why 'their side' should be believed.

After that, her boogeying on the bench in a leopard print robe using her gavel as a makeshift mic, wouldn't surprise me.

I even gave her a pass on that one. But allowing a paid fool to accuse the State of misconduct and to refuse to turn over evidence is just way way too far into craycray to understand or defend.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Moore arguing about the copied image. Stephens orders defense to provide it. Martinez will have expert review it.

I'll believe it when I see it!

He's been ordered to turn it over for what, three times now.

14 witnesses, he only has problems with 3 and yet he made a motion to dismiss the DP because he couldn't put on a full mitigation case???
STALL, STALL, STALL, Nurmi and Willmet are getting very rich from this trial while the taxpayers are losing big time!

Sandra webber, Jason, george, aunt sue, mom, dad, sister, ex boyfriend, the girl she worked with at dennys. Thats 9.

Fine. They will ALL still have to be cross examined by Juan. Bring it on Nurmi.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago
Moore arguing about the copied image. Stephens orders defense to provide it. Martinez will have expert review it.
Stephens ordered BN to provide it by Wednesday,yesterday and he didn't. Why should we believe she is serious now?

14 witnesses??? I can see it coming. Grannie on the stand speaking about what a shiny baby Jodi was. Her Art teacher from grade 9 talking about her advanced tracing and plagiarism skills. I'm having SP flashbacks as I type LOL!!

Why is he just now (after the order) saying it's encrypted after all the drama we went through!? And why would they encrypt it!??

Actually, that's not so uncommon. I frequently encrypt working papers, but his adamancy at not wanting to turn it over, as it's evidence in a DP sentencing, is troubling for me.

I'll believe it when I see it!

He's been ordered to turn it over for what, three times now.

Why isn'the facing some kind of punishment for ignoring her orders??

There is if her conviction gets overturned by JSS because of some technicality. :facepalm:

JSS can't overturn the conviction, only an appeals court can do that. And they don't seem to be nearly as patient as JSS is.

Thing that bothers me is that this is a hearing on a defense motion to dismiss charges/DP due to prosecutorial misconduct. How in the world can the defense try and keep discovery from the person they are accusing of misconduct?

JSS made a good call on this. I have a feeling that the defense still will stall about turning it over. Did anyone tweet WHEN it has to be turned over?

BTW, during this, I managed to put together a quick salad and broiled shrimp for dinner. Ate it at my desk instead of with DH. Luckily, he understands.

I really feel sorry for Travis' family and everyone else watching this trial. It does take it toll on body and mind. Exhausting.

My god people, quit with the "she's going to get off Scott free" and the "the judge will let her off on a technicality" posts.

I agree, this is taking longer than we hoped. But let's use our common sense, JA isn't going anywhere.

She's a convicted murderess, there is no scott free for her. :)[/QUOTE

I understand that she is guilty but not convicted until sentenced. We will see.

AZlawyer might be a better one to answer this. AFAIK, you are correct. Until sentenced, there is no conviction. Were the convicted killer to die prior to sentencing, the conviction would be expunged. I know this happened in another trial I watched or heard of. So... JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member