Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - 2/13 thru 2/18 - Break

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing..... With at least a year of knowledge of PPL, why didn't JA have at least some inkling of who to contact for some advice in the month between the crime and the arrest? Out of all that time and apparent CSI shows she watched, JA would have known about any attorney/client privilege.

I'm still trying to figure out her teeth. In pre-arrest photos, they looked fairly even, but ever since, they're quite uneven, with her two front teeth seeming far too large in comparison to her other teeth. Was she using some kind of dental prosthetic?

Most of those pre-arrest "glam" photos of Jodi have come from Jodi. It's about how she's smiling combined with the fact that since her arrest she is no longer in control of which photos get published.

Good point about those trips being some more of JAs lies and embellishments. Seems like if they were, it could be proven with his credit card statements. They drove everywhere. Even if she could get by with saying he paid cash for gas/food, hotels require credit cards as a back up.

JA gives all kinds of detail not germane to stall testimony, but none for the trips she and Travis supposedly took. Nothing like the cute little hotel/cafe and what was ordered. No details of conversations during the hours in the car or specifics of the sites they supposedly visited. No other Mormon couples they ran into and had interesting conversations.

I always thought that was weird, but assumed it was just ME.

She gives details in her journals fwiw. For example they ate lamb testicles on one trip

I think if the trips were fabrications she made up and manipulated via photoshop that Juan would have busted her on it.
IMO the trips were one way Travis could sleep with her without being seen around Mesa.

What would he testify to??? I've never heRd his name before?

Nicole@LadyJustice2188

James Aiken, the witness #JodiArias plans to call is testifying for #BryanHulsey

He was on their witness list. He testified in the Bryan Husley trial as well and was cross examined by JM. I believe he even talked about botched executions.

That makes sense. Jodi got a murder indictment for her 28th birthday July 9, 2008
:Happybirthday:

Tit for Tat, with the psychopath- hence the letter to Travis family on HIS birthday... I will not say more for fear of band camp.

Another thing..... With at least a year of knowledge of PPL, why didn't JA have at least some inkling of who to contact for some advice in the month between the crime and the arrest? Out of all that time and apparent CSI shows she watched, JA would have known about any attorney/client privilege.
Well, If the way that PPL bigwig and "ring earner" Gus Searcy behaved when asked about an attorney- when he was on the stand... by the Judge, I think we may have the answer. None of them seem to!

Nicole@LadyJustice2188

James Aiken, the witness #JodiArias plans to call is testifying for #BryanHulsey

He was on their witness list. He testified in the Bryan Husley trial as well and was cross examined by JM. I believe he even talked about botched executions.

Ahhh, I see. Personally, I think a botched execution is too good for the murderess.

Harsh I know, but if there could have been an especially cruel option based on how she's trashed Travis, girl would have gotten it a heartbeat.

IMO

Good morning fellow Sleuthers!

I watched the crime scene reenactment videos posted by a talented new Websleuther Gray Huze, and wow... very impressive, interesting and devastating. Poor, poor Travis.

I also watched the video posted (sorry can't remember by who) with the retired FBI profiler/ex prosecutor and I have to admit, once and for all- I absolutely do not want her to get the death penalty.

Before you all throw tomatoes at me and I am certain most of you are very good aims- I don't want her name in the spotlight and news for the next 10-20 year- period. Of anyone she absolutely deserves it- I believe that with every fiber of my being- but it IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. The ridiculousness of that alone is... well, ridiculous.

I know, I know she will be in solitary and have little interaction with others, but along with that- this will drag on and on for years and years.

If you haven't watched the video posted earlier, I recommend you do. He says she will get another set of top rate attorneys and the appeals will go on for at least a decade- most likely TWO- and I absolutely DO NOT WANT FOR THE ALEXANDERS.

I am sorry- they have every right to want what they want -but in my opinion only- they cannot see the forest through the trees- and by then with years and years more of Jodi in the spotlight and headlines- it probable WILL destroy some of them.

With this new information (posted above) on the 9th circuit- I feel even stronger- I DO NOT WANT HER TO EVER GET OUT ON A TECHNICALITY OR APPEAL ISSUE, and it seems this could be a strong possibility. Can any of you imagine that?

This is show I feel, and I have to say, it isn't changing. I am sorry, and I know I am letting this amazing and wonderful group down.

I feel a very real and new sense of freedom, because whatever happens now, I am good with. That alone was worth it.

ETA The FBI profiler unequivocally states that Jodi IS a psychopath - that is so interesting to me that it has never been said in court. To this very day that baffles me.

Courtesy of TexMex- thanks Tex:
http://thelip.tv/episode/jodi-arias-pleads-for-life/

Yucky. Been on a cruise lately? Feel better

I wish I had,it would make this a little worthwhile.

My 6 year old had sickness,4 year old had diarreah and lucky me I've had both...yuck! [emoji40]

Hope I feel better by Wednesday,don't want to let myself down and miss a day of trial after all this time

Trying to catch up,has anything happened since Thursday/Friday?

I have norovirus so been doing nothing but sleep and be ill

Awww Josie, I'm so sorry to hear that, hope you get better real soon. We're still waiting on the release of the transcript from the sealed hearing where JSS agreed to JA's secret testimony, as far as I know nothing has happened otherwise.

I watched the crime scene reenactment videos posted by a talented new Websleuther Gray Huze, and wow... very impressive, interesting and devastating. Poor, poor Travis.

I also watched the video posted (sorry can't remember by who) with the retired FBI profiler/ex prosecutor and I have to admit, once and for all- I absolutely do not want her to get the death penalty.

Before you all throw tomatoes at me and I am certain most of you are very good aims- I don't want her name in the spotlight and news for the next 10-20 year- period. Of anyone she absolutely deserves it- I believe that with every fiber of my being- but it IS NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN. The ridiculousness of that alone is... well, ridiculous.

I know, I know she will be in solitary and have little interaction with others, but along with that- this will drag on and on for years and years.

If you haven't watched the video posted earlier, I recommend you do. He says she will get another set of top rate attorneys and the appeals will go on for at least a decade- most likely TWO- and I absolutely DO NOT WANT FOR THE ALEXANDERS.

I am sorry- they have every right to want what they want -but in my opinion only- they cannot see the forest through the trees- and by then with years and years more of Jodi in the spotlight and headlines- it probable WILL destroy some of them.

With this new information (posted above) on the 9th circuit- I feel even stronger- I DO NOT WANT HER TO EVER GET OUT ON A TECHNICALITY OR APPEAL ISSUE, and it seems this could be a strong possibility. Can any of you imagine that?

This is show I feel, and I have to say, it isn't changing. I am sorry, and I know I am letting this amazing and wonderful group down.

I feel a very real and new sense of freedom, because whatever happens now, I am good with. That alone was worth it.

ETA The FBI profiler unequivocally states that Jodi IS a psychopath - that is so interesting to me that it has never been said in court. To this very day that baffles me.

oh i hear you. my friend and i (we've followed from the beginning) have said this many times. If she gets LWOP she effectively goes away. the DP guarantees one appeal, and that is one too many in my book. she will retain the spotlight until every conceivable option runs out, and as we know from experience, that could take up to 20 years.

I've been wavering back and forth for some time now, and i've strongly felt that LWOP would be best for many reason, especially for the Alexander's sanity.

btw, do you have that profiler link handy? when it was posted the other day, i was on my phone and forgot about watching it :)

GEEVEE Do you have a link to those photos? I would love to see which six you say we're photoshopped!
I am a firm believer that most of their photos were altered.

Here you go, click on any photo in the stream then click on 'Show EXIF' below the camera type:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27308599@N07

It used to show the upload time and date of each photo but I can't find that since Flickr did a little redesigning last year. IIRC All of these were uploaded June 2nd or 3rd between midnight and 2:00-something a.m.

ETA: It also used to show the date the Flickr stream was opened, I believe it was before midnight on the 2nd and the pics were uploaded between then and 2:00 a.m. of the 3rd.

Frigga, iirc, Dr DeMarte could not say in court Jodi is a psychopath because her tests scores were too low for psychopathy. Between the defense mudding the waters and Juan bringing in Dworkin, I am certain the jury will vote for life in prison, not the dp. However, I cannot imagine any topnotch litigators fighting too hard to help Jodi avoid the dp once they have to deal with her. It's possible they won't have much contact at all with Jodi and their only concern will be saving a life from the dp. If that's the case then yeah, they may win. But I still believe Juan will fight to the end to send her to death row. She really is a stalker, an obsessive monster and a cruel cold blooded killer. She will kill again if anyone crosses her. I don't think that killing bothered her at all. I think she is rather proud. She is certainly a psychopath.
IMO, the 9th circuit has always had a reputation for stupidity in all areas. Hope I don't offend anyone but it's true.

Snipped

I think its interesting that DeMarte was able to say Marissa devault is a psychopath in open court, but could not or would not say that about JA, when she is clearly one.

I'm wondering if JSS deemed it too prejudicial, like many other things, and it was kept out.

ETA nevermind. Curious in Indiana already answered why it was kept out. I thought her score for psychopathic deviancy was high, but honestly, that part of the trial is a blur to me.

I think it's unfair to presume that the Alexander family "can't see the forest through the trees"....they are the ones living this. They know a lot more about this case than anyone here. JM knows what he is doing. Of all the reasons hoping JA doesn't receive the DP....saying the Alexanders don't know what they're asking for is really insensitive.

Snipped

I think its interesting that DeMarte was able to say Marissa devault is a psychopath in open court, but could not or would not say that about JA, when she is clearly one.

I'm wondering if JSS deemed it too prejudicial, like many other things, and it was kept out.

ETA nevermind. Curious in Indiana already answered why it was kept out. I thought her score for psychopathic deviancy was high, but honestly, that part of the trial is a blur to me.

she could only testify to what the tests revealed.

You needn't worry. She'll get appeals for years no matter what, but she'll remain out of public view (thankfully) because the appeals just get argued by lawyers before COA or SC justices in very brief sessions. It's not a public spectacle like jury trials are.

The only way she'd be out in public again is if her verdict was overturned and a new trial ordered. The defense has been grasping at straws for that all along, but the good side of all the defense time-wasting is that they've left no stone unturned and there's nothing of any substance left to complain about. They may have a slim argument here or there about the DP but not about the original guilty verdict.

If she gets the DP the 9th Circuit will look for any excuse to overturn the sentence, but the conviction seems rock solid.

oh i hear you. my friend and i (we've followed from the beginning) have said this many times. If she gets LWOP she effectively goes away. the DP guarantees one appeal, and that is one too many in my book. she will retain the spotlight until every conceivable option runs out, and as we know from experience, that could take up to 20 years.

I've been wavering back and forth for some time now, and i've strongly felt that LWOP would be best for many reason, especially for the Alexander's sanity.

btw, do you have that profiler link handy? when it was posted the other day, i was on my phone and forgot about watching it :)

I'll go find it bettybaby- be right back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966