Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This [bad word] again? The judge better not let this [bad word] in! I am getting pissed off.

I can't see the judge allowing something this sketchy in. Just letting the attorneys duke it out in court over their legitimacy is not what this retrial is about. Jodi can present any evidence she feels is relevant to her mitigation, but not if it doesn't appear to be legitimate and if it's going to mislead the jury. The emails between Travis and the Hughes' are legitimate. Hearsay, but legitimate. But there's no evidence whatsoever where these letters came from or that Travis wrote them and Jodi has never explained it exactly either. Again, just can't see judge letting in something that doesn't appear to have a legitimate origin.

I can't see the judge allowing something this sketchy in. Just letting the attorneys duke it out in court over their legitimacy is not what this retrial is about. Jodi can present any evidence she feels is relevant to her mitigation, but not if it doesn't appear to be legitimate and if it's going to mislead the jury. The emails between Travis and the Hughes' are legitimate. Hearsay, but legitimate. But there's no evidence whatsoever where these letters came from or that Travis wrote them and Jodi has never explained it exactly either. Again, just can't see judge letting in something that doesn't appear to have a legitimate origin.

Why is she even hearing arguments regarding the letters? Has she not already ruled on it? Argh.

It makes no sense to me, either, but the good Judge seems to bend over backwards to accommodate this convicted murderer...just don't get it.

These are the same letters refused by the tabloids when Sandy Arias shopped them around. What does that tell us (& the court) ? Plenty!

Judge Stephens is making a mockery out of the court system she works in...........................she is the one that should be precluded.

These are the same letters refused by the tabloids when Sandy Arias shopped them around. What does that tell us (& the court) ? Plenty!

Reason I don't feel much (if any) sympathy for that lot. Standing by a loved one, even when they did something horrible is one thing. Trashing the victim and hurting is family after your daughter murdered him is lower than low.

Why is she even hearing arguments regarding the letters? Has she not already ruled on it? Argh.

She never precluded them before, the defense simply pulled them.

Apparently, the defense is trying to re-introduce them and Juan was arguing, once again, that he has an expert that he says can they were forged. I think the judge will preclude them due to their highly suspicious mature.

She never precluded them before, the defense simply pulled them.

Apparently, the defense is trying to re-introduce them and Juan was arguing, once again, that he has an expert that he says can they were forged. I think the judge will preclude them due to their highly suspicious mature.

Oh I didn't know this thank you. Why the last minute attempt to re-introduce these letters when they were the ones to pull them? Such suspect and sneaky behaviour! I hope you're right and she does preclude them.

Well, at least JSS hasn't delayed the whole thing... yet.

Oh I didn't know this thank you. Why the last minute attempt to re-introduce these letters when they were the ones to pull them? Such suspect and sneaky behaviour! I hope you're right and she does preclude them.

I'm not sure on this but here's what it looks like happened:

Jodi tried to introduce the letters last time she was her own attorney and after arguing in court over their legitimacy, Jodi reinstated her lawyers and they pulled them soon after.

It seems the same thing happened here. Jodi became her own lawyer so she could get these letters in, the lawyers will go to battle over them, Juan will produce some pretty convincing evidence they're forged, like last time. And like last time, the DT will pull them realizing they're more harmful than helpful.

I don't know what will happen here. If the DT will give it up again or if the judge will say no to them. But I have a strong feeling they won't come in.

Dave Erickson getting a bit "snarky" at being told he got JSS's agreement with the DT wrong. He could just, ya know, admit he was wrong.

I bet we'll see a lot more instances where the various reporters' Tweets do not jive. There's not much time for fact-checking for these live bloggers. I'm glad that Twitter people are asking questions and the reporters are, more often than not, replying and explaining when they can.

Reason I don't feel much (if any) sympathy for that lot. Standing by a loved one, even when they did something horrible is one thing. Trashing the victim and hurting is family after your daughter murdered him is lower than low.

The sister has openly slandered Travis "She was not under oath when she spoke on TV and yes, she lied," Angela Arias wrote on Facebook after The Huffington Post sent her a request for comment. "But, it was because she was so in love with that man she did not want people to know what a monster he really was. She wanted everyone to believe that he was as amazing as they thought he was." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

The mother tried to sell those phony letters to the tabloid. I also remember that the mother and/or the aunt mocked one of Travis' sisters when she was crying. I don't remember where I heard the last part but I sure remember it. All in all a real classy family, eh? The only person that is okay is the father. Of course, Arias claims he abused her.

I'm not sure on this but here's what it looks like happened:

Jodi tried to introduce the letters last time she was her own attorney and after arguing in court over their legitimacy, Jodi reinstated her lawyers and they pulled them soon after.

It seems the same thing happened here. Jodi became her own lawyer so she could get these letters in, the lawyers will go to battle over them, Juan will produce some pretty convincing evidence they're forged, like last time. And like last time, the DT will pull them realizing they're more harmful than helpful.

I don't know what will happen here. If the DT will give it up again or if the judge will say no to them. But I have a strong feeling they won't come in.

This article says "Less than a week later, Arias' request to have Alexander's alleged letters admitted into evidence was denied." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

A small clip of a Nancy Grace interview with Mike Walker (National Enquirer) regarding those forged letters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qO0vrHgrg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1174274.html

This article says "Less than a week later, Arias' request to have Alexander's alleged letters admitted into evidence was denied." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

A small clip of a Nancy Grace interview with Mike Walker (National Enquirer) regarding those forged letters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6qO0vrHgrg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1174274.html

Thanks rose. I'm actually really fuzzy on what exactly happened here. I though the judge precluded them too but then I also remember reading that the DT pulled the letters themselves so I don't know exactly what happened. If that is what happened then I don't expect it to be any different now.

Thanks rose. I'm actually really fuzzy on what exactly happened here. I though the judge precluded them too but then I also remember reading that the DT pulled the letters themselves so I don't know exactly what happened. If that is what happened then I don't expect it to be any different now.

I'm still not convinced that the Judge denied it, MeeBee. :thinking: It's so difficult to keep up with all the crazy antics and motions in this trial.

Throws a chicken wing.......? I'm trying to get a visual of that.............nope, ain't working.

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/the-wationary/

Chicken Wing: When Jodi Arias’ defense attorney Kirk Nurmi is up to question a witness he does a gesture with his arm that resembles the motion a chicken would make with it’s wing. Think of the chicken dance, this is where the term “chicken wing” came from. Nurmi wears a rather large watch and I think he does this unique manuever to position the watch down at his wrist when it has ridden up on his arm.

@TrialDiariesJ: Jury will be sworn in Tuesday at 10am #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: Nurmi says he won't be ready for Tuesday because his computer expert needs time to go over evidence #jodiarias

@TrialDiariesJ: A hearing is going to be held at Mon 1:30pm regarding these issues #jodiarias

:banghead: ENOUGH already

The sister has openly slandered Travis "She was not under oath when she spoke on TV and yes, she lied," Angela Arias wrote on Facebook after The Huffington Post sent her a request for comment. "But, it was because she was so in love with that man she did not want people to know what a monster he really was. She wanted everyone to believe that he was as amazing as they thought he was." http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/29/jodi-arias_n_1174274.html

The mother tried to sell those phony letters to the tabloid. I also remember that the mother and/or the aunt mocked one of Travis' sisters when she was crying. I don't remember where I heard the last part but I sure remember it. All in all a real classy family, eh? The only person that is okay is the father. Of course, Arias claims he abused her.
BBM - The convict's mom and aunt were rolling their eyes when Travis' family was sobbing in court when his autopsy photos were being shown. They are as messed up in the head as the convict. :crazy:

http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/the-wationary/

Chicken Wing: When Jodi Arias’ defense attorney Kirk Nurmi is up to question a witness he does a gesture with his arm that resembles the motion a chicken would make with it’s wing. Think of the chicken dance, this is where the term “chicken wing” came from. Nurmi wears a rather large watch and I think he does this unique manuever to position the watch down at his wrist when it has ridden up on his arm.
Now I have the chicken dance stuck in my head. Every time I read the chicken wing comment, I'll be picturing Nurmi doing the chicken dance (which sort of sums up today's proceedings, lol).:happydance:

I suffer from mental illness, bi-polar, and I didn't read the post in the light that all BPDs become killers. I read it as more of an insight into JA. I have an ugly BPD family tree, and much of what Tuba described I see in certain family members. It's true, we can't paint all sufferers in same hue, and I didn't get that from the post.

OK, let me clarify: I was referring to my own posts on the subject of BPD when I spoke of painting all with the same brush. I realized some sounded like I was saying all BPD persons do this, or that, or whatever, when in fact most disorders can manifest quite differently from one individual to another. There are of course specific symptoms identified but each person may exhibit them to a different degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734