Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Women can actually be other women's biggest critics. More likely to see other women's faults than a man would, IMO.

I totally agree. Men can get too wishy washy. My SO said he would have voted not guilty because he did not like Juan (forgetting the fact the the killer is a murderer) and my dad felt sympathy for the killer because she had felt like she was cheated on . WTF. Excuse me but a man was murdered 3 times over.

RBBM

I'm a bit fuzzy due to a new medication I am trying. I apologize in advance if my post seems a bit dim.
If I understand the BBM portion correctly; JSS is not going to permit Martinez to include this evidence in his opening statement?
Why?
I'm concerned that the jury won't be able to hear testimony or evidence clearly showing her lack of remorse.
At the time of this post I'm not even certain if Juan has completed his OS.
TIA for any clarification.

I share your concern. It's amazing (sadly so) how many facts are not allowed in court while supposition and false claims are OK. Go figure.

Absolutely right! And the verified facts in this case are more than damning regarding her actions. I just don't see the need to add exaggerations and extras.

I really don't think what I said was an exaggeration though. When did Travis ever visit her at home? Even when she lived in AZ in her own stories she always ended up in his home. Travis just didn't seem to be in any hurry to go see her ever.

So I'm sticking to what I said. He NEVER went to her.

I'm glad to hear that the Alexanders are in Court Room. I'm hating this not being televised...boohoo!! I want so bad to see what's going on. I watched the whole trial last time and I want to watch it again :(

I really don't think what I said was an exaggeration though. When did Travis ever visit her at home? Even when she lived in AZ in her own stories she always ended up in his home. Travis just didn't seem to be in any hurry to go see her ever.

There was one time he was in town and went to see her. He was with a friend. If I am remembering correctly...

I'm not sure it was ever verified that JA met TA at a motel in AZ. That was her story but I can't remember if there was proof that it ever happened.

I totally agree. Men can get too wishy washy. My SO said he would have voted not guilty because he did not like Juan (forgetting the fact the the killer is a murderer) and my dad felt sympathy for the killer because she had felt like she was cheated on . WTF. Excuse me but a man was murdered 3 times over.
Which is so weird to me. A lot of the men I talked to are your typical single young to young-ish man and they said they had no problems with finding her guilty....probably thinking in their minds of past women they dealt with and grateful they didn't run into someone like her in their wild-oat sowing past or present. Men are so strange...lol

But I'm between laughing and choking while reading Juan's opening; He is jaw dropping amazing/amusing/serious/informative all at once. What a package, if he ever goes into private practice and I am in need......wow

Welcome to WS! Glad ya joined us, we really are a pretty good group looking for justice for Travis.

Ok, I don't want to quibble. I think the jist of what I was saying came across. Obviously, Travis must have gone to see her in one or two instances we know about. I'm not trying to be exact. The point I was making is Travis never just picked up and went to see her. The clip and way it was done is vast. Jodi would pick up in the middle of work and drive 1,000 miles to see him. She moved to his city after they broke up. What I'm saying is, when we're talking about abuse and stalking, where does the arrow point? It's just evidence and it's very, very telling to me.

And I'm done with this because I just don't see the point in arguing over pedantry or making literal tallies.

@TrialDiariesJ: Back in the courtroom #jodiarias

We seem to agree that she is a proven vicious murderer... and that's going to have to be sufficient, I suppose. I don't like her one bit and hope she receives all of the punishment that is due.

There was also the supposed front porch story where Travis came to JA for her to service him and he tossed her that candy bar afterwards. However, I find that one more than a little difficult to 'swallow'.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
Back in the courtroom #jodiarias

He still feels the same because he is anti-DP and he was not honest about that up front. To be honest, with him on the jury I breathed a huge sigh of relief that she was even found guilty.

In general, juries scare me. Too many people want to speak their mind via their vote instead of apply the law.

I agree. We are lucky that he even voted guilty. Because he backtracked and now claims that he doesn't believe it was premeditated. So he bought the self defense claim the defense trumped up.

There was one time he was in town and went to see her. He was with a friend. If I am remembering correctly...

That might have been to attend her baptism, as I seem to remember that he attended that. Other than that, I don't think he went to see her any other time, and if she says that, I don't believe her because everything she's said is a huge lie.

@TrialDiariesJ: #JodiArias has made her way back into the courtroom #3TVArias

@monicalindstrom: 16 minutes late but JSS is starting now #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 21s 21 seconds ago
#JodiArias has made her way back into the courtroom #3TVArias

Pretending they actually had a 'relationship' that wasn't really only about 5 months total... As the defense tells it, if they want you to believe that JA was Travis's "Dirty Little Secret" than they should stick to him not coming to her 'place', but looking at it practically, she was either living with her ex-boyfriend who had a son, or her grandparents, why would he want to go to her place... He was the one who had a home, and a real job, why would he stay with her?

I hope Juan can talk about the stalking, christmas tree, watching him with Deanna, etc. because that tells a lot about who really wanted to see who.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez