Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 31s32 seconds ago

Nurmi says Martinez is claiming he never had a chance to analyze the recording

@ericksonvision: One of the #JodiArias jurors isn't at the court yet. For all we know, they woke up, thought about it, & said "screw this." Who'd blame them?

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · now

Nurmi is still arguing for a mistrial about a telephone call that Juan wants to use. It was from 4/28. #JodiArias

---------

From DGC: They'll be putting the needle in CMJA's arm and Nurmi will still be arguing for a mistrial . . . :gaah:

Nicole ‏@LadyJustice2188 33s34 seconds ago

Judge Stephens just denied the defense motion to block Horn's testimony on the sequence of fatal wounds

Beth

9:48 Nurmi says Mesa PD had the opportunity to analyze the Helio phone which was disclosed to them in 2010. “For whatever reason, they didn’t analyze it.” Nurmi: If cautionary instructions are not provided and a mistrial is denied, then we want to call Martinez to the stand to ask him questions about it. Martinez: I take no issue with the recording. The telephone was never turned over to Mesa PD. They’ve had it all along and they have no duty to turn it over to us.

Same as yesterday. I cannot understand why Nurmi is making a stink about something Juan has never said? It's weird.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 1m 1 minute ago

Nurmi says "what counsel for the state is telling you just isn't accurate" He wants Juan on the stand. #JodiArias

---------

From DGC: Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!

William Pitts ‏@william_pitts 22s22 seconds ago

Nurmi is again saying he would call Martinez as a witness to prove he had opportunity to examine the phone and conversation

@ericksonvision: They made it. Jury is now in the court. #JodiArias

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 50s 51 seconds ago

Nurmi has a cd of the call and will be allowed to review it at the break. Juan says there is also a 4/20 call. #JodiArias

Mike Watkiss ‏@mikewatkiss3tv now3 seconds ago Phoenix, AZ
Out of sight of jury-angry face-off between Martinez and Nurmi over evidence-Nurmi once again asking for mistrial #JodiArias #3TVArias

WHAT CAN BE HEARD ON THESE CALLS!

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 7s 7 seconds ago

Jury is here. Juan is calling a witness out of order. Counsel is at the bench. #JodiArias

Beth

9:52 Martinez says they need to whole conversation before resolving this. JURORS are here–entering now.

@ericksonvision: Half the #JodiArias jury just picked up the water pitchers. If they're lucky, they're filled with vodka.

Michael Kiefer ‏@michaelbkiefer 55s55 seconds ago

As soon as Stephens says they will call a witness out of order, Jennifer Willmott asks for a sidebar.

To I just don't know: the last thread closed before I could reply to you. You said you didn't believe she deliberately causes people pain because her focus is entirely upon herself.

Those two things aren't contradictory, though, IMO
I believe she inflicts pain because it gives her pleasure to do so. The pleasure of having power over others. The pleasure of revenge, because in her mind, Travis' family is responsible for her being in trial.

I agree. I think she blames Travis' family for her current situation and that if it were not for them she would be sitting in jail with the chance at parole in 25 years.

Jodi absolutely enjoys causing his family pain.

Wild About Trial ‏@WildAboutTrial now4 seconds ago
#JodiArias sits at desk twiddling fingers. She glanced at the jury and smiled at one of them.

CAN SHE NOT!

@NancyGraceHLN: #JodiArias is wearing the same clear/pink glasses as yesterday

Beth
9:53 Sidebar. Just before Willmott asked to go to sidebar, Martinez said he’s calling the medical examiner, Kevin Horn, out of order

Jodi's been in this jail for @ 5 years. She knows the ropes and is familiar with the pecking order. When this trial is over in a few weeks, she'll be going to a hard core prison for murderers and many unrepentant violent crime perps. Can't help but giggle at the prospect. Incarceration to this point has been a spa visit compared to what's in Jodi's very near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay