Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Next will be the testimony of the Bishop stating they had a Sears catalog with pictures of scantily clad women at the house. It arrived by mail and the Bishop didn't notify the Feds of this serious *advertiser censored* being shipped via USPS out to households across America. Those poor young Mormon men and women who were subjected to such trash sent from the store that promoted such horrific acts of selling boxers, whitey tidy's (tighties?), bras, girdles and underoos!

It's funny you mention that because whenever I hear about JA's "testimony" of pictures of young boys (okay at first it was one pic but somehow it's morphed into a collection spread across the bed :waitasec:) I automatically think of the Sears catalogue and what I believe was the elimination of children modelling underwear for the catalogue quite some time ago. So where does one find "pictures" of young boys in underwear if no longer in catalogues?

Well other than the one he held dear of himself and his father that was prominently displayed in his walk in closet I believe. Where JA probably spent lots of time "cleaning" apparently.

MOO

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 1m1 minute ago
Nurmi: Can a sinner be baptized in the church? Bishop: I guess if they lie their way through #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15
Uhm.....we are ALL sinners regardless if we repent so of course sinners can baptize people. The Bishop himself said he was a sinner. Not a good answer from the Bishop on that question IMO.

KN has established that JA can't be held to Mormon standards since a sinner like TA couldn't baptize her.

So he deserved to be murdered. Or something.

And Mormon bishops are liars. Yeah there's that.

Hello jury!

Is that so? Every juror and alternate (!!!) I listened to said that they made the right decision.

The very fact that I live in the same county as these people disgusts me. Anytime I run into some idiot in my daily life I cannot help but wonder if it was one of those jurors (I moved here after the trial and really don't know anything about who was actually on the jury).

Anyway, I am hopeful that Juan can clear up some of the inconsistencies in the Bishop's testimony.

IIRC, one (maybe more?) of CA's juror's said after the fact that he wished he had stood his ground on guilty of killing Caylee; if not first degree murder then one of the possible lesser charges.

It is not uncommon for jurors to have regrets after the fact--once they get to hear the evidence that was kept from them.

Actually the jury in CA's case weren't given the option for lesser offenses. That was the problem facing the jury.....it was all or nothing. IIRC

Just checked for Tweets from the courtroom ... none YET, but here's one from yesterday:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · Feb 1

B8x-tzgIgAAjzkf.png:large

:dunno: I don't remember, but did he really say this -- or -- is this another JA lie ?

Actually the jury in CA's case weren't given the option for lesser offenses. That was the problem facing the jury.....it was all or nothing. IIRC

Murder One was not the only option in that case.

To be so nasty to the Bishop, Nurmi must have been frightened by a popup in his early years.

evil jack.jpg

Sorry,for just jumping in. Does anyone think Nurmi scored any points today?

:seeya: Posting the photo for ya, Elle !

B83Mdg5CEAADgCy.jpg

Tammy Rose@News20Chopper

#SkyHughes sporting a new look walks out of court with Legal Expert @BethKaras. #JodiArias

Wearing royal blue on purpose no doubt!

Is there something wrong with our judicial system to allow this to happen? ..for jurors to have regrets about their decision because they didn't have enough evidence to convict? Maybe they should get rid of the "sequestering" process, as well as alliw jurors to do their own investigations on the internet etc. so they cn feel comfortable that they were well informed to make a decision.

Wearing royal blue on purpose no doubt!

Wow, I had no idea who that was with Beth Karas! Skye looks completely different. I would NEVER have known that was SH if you guys hadn't told me.

B
KN has established that JA can't be held to Mormon standards since a sinner like TA couldn't baptize her.

So he deserved to be murdered. Or something.

And Mormon bishops are liars. Yeah there's that.

Hello jury!

JA was lied to about what was sex. So when she was baptized she really wasn't baptised. If that excuse does not fly, then she was baptised by someone who was lying to the church, so it did not count. Therefore, she could have any kind of sex she wanted because she would not be violating the Laws of Chastity. Therefore she is innocent of any wrongdoing and should be set free. NOT

AZL: Witnesses are entitled to having lawyers present, are they not? Would JSS have advised the jury of that and that no inference is to be made by Bishop Parker's lawyer being there?

Sure, they are entitled to have lawyers present. I don't think there's any rule that prevents you from asking the witness why they need a lawyer, but IMO in this case it was a poor decision as the answer was so obvious.

No, they had lots of lesser offense options.

Is there something wrong with our judicial system to allow this to happen? ..for jurors to have regrets about their decision because they didn't have enough evidence to convict? Maybe they should get rid of the "sequestering" process, as well as alliw jurors to do their own investigations on the internet etc. so they cn feel comfortable that they were well informed to make a decision.

Yes, much is wrong, and often juries find themselves with regrets after all is said and done. I could say more but this is not the appropriate thread for it.

As far as this trial goes I do not think this jury will have regrets. Had JA not been found guilty of Especially Cruel Premeditated Murder way back when...that jury would no doubt be physically ill with regrets today.

Sorry,for just jumping in. Does anyone think Nurmi scored any points today?

Nope. Nurmi still has not proved TA looked at child *advertiser censored* at BVP's house on the "communal" computer.

Give the guy a break, this was over 13 years ago! This also never once came to light in the first trial, so it's brought up now because they have nothing else? Jodi has murdered Travis 3 times over and we are discussing "pop-ups on scantily clad women" on his computer? :gaah:

IMO, if I were a juror I would be bored out of mind and may have to smoke something on my lunch break.

Boy, I actually forgot about this trial this morning, especially after the Super Bowl. Anyway...

I see nothing has changed. And as some here have commented....what happened to child *advertiser censored*, does Nurmi think jurors are that dumb???

B

JA was lied to about what was sex. So when she was baptized she really wasn't baptised. If that excuse does not fly, then she was baptised by someone who was lying to the church, so it did not count. Therefore, she could have any kind of sex she wanted because she would not be violating the Laws of Chastity. Therefore she is innocent of any wrongdoing and should be set free. NOT

IIRC...this jury has not heard evidence from Jodi about the BJs just after she became Mormon. The "defense shrinks" might have said something...but that was all hearsay. What now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtbag