Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks AZL. I don't understand what this means:

"If Arias is sentenced to death in her current penalty phase retrial but this joint motion is successful, you can count on the State appealing. If the State is unsuccessful, her sentence would convert to Life."

http://www.courtchatter.com/2015/02/jodi-arias-court-minutes-from-omnibus.html

It means that if the omnibus motion is successful and there is an order entered that none of these defendants can be sentenced to death, then the State will appeal. If the State appeals and wins, then the DP is back on the table for all the defendants. If the State appeals and loses, then none of the defendants could be sentenced to death.

BBM

First of all, JSS is unlikely to enter a final sentencing order while the omnibus motion is pending. Second, Nurmi is 100% likely to file a bunch of motions right after Jodi is sentenced that will keep jurisdiction in the trial court for months. Third, even if Jodi is somehow sentenced and all post-trial motions resolved and the appeal time runs before the omnibus motion hearing, the appeal court will just revest jurisdiction back in the trial court for Jodi to participate in that hearing.

This is a non-issue, in other words.

I am so confused. Are you saying AZL that it is a non-issue if she gets DP as in "it will never actually be a DP for Arias. Or are you saying that the fact she is in the group of petitioners for the omnibus hearing is moot because her ultimate fate rests with the trial court jurisdiction?

I am sorry. What do you mean by non-issue? Do you mean that Jodi can get outof being sentenced to death by the Omnibus ruling? This is still very confusing.

OK, let me try again lol. :) The short version of what I mean is that it makes no difference whether this phase ends before or after the omnibus motion is decided, and it makes no difference really whether Jodi is sentenced before or after the omnibus motion is decided. One way or another, she will be allowed to participate in that motion. If the motion wins, she will not be sentenced to death, and if she's already been sentenced to death it will be reversed. If the motion loses, she will be sentenced to death if that's what the jury decided, and if she's already been sentenced to death nothing will change. So there is no need for the defense team to "stretch this out" to make sure the omnibus motion is decided before this mitigation phase is over. Jodi will be part of that motion regardless of the timing.

IF JM wasn't objecting to most of what Nurmi was spewing at the bishop, then I have a problem with JM! I've been told that Sherry can't say a peep....isn't her job....it's up to Juan to see that there is decorum in the courtroom and if Nurmi/Wilma gets out of control, it's his job to bring it to the attention of Sherry. Was he and Sherry was ignoring/over ruling his objections?

Imagine how exhausting this is for the family. For Juan. I can't even imagine.

I don't think Nurmi did any damage today either, loved the jury questions. Loved the 2 main points the bishop made, no child *advertiser censored*, no *advertiser censored* whatsoever. And no confessions ever about ANY *advertiser censored*. The jury will remember that.

Many more witnesses for rebuttal? I will believe it when I see it. He might be the only other person in the world as full of crap as jodi. I call your bluff Nurmi. At best, he will call some other paid schlump to read a few more emails and texts but won't diagnose anyone because that's not what they are there for. They are only paid to give their opinions. He didn't have any witnesses in mitigation last trial, he didn't have any reputable ones in this trial (so far) and I can't see anyone else worth anything coming out of the wood work.

It's really a shame that Travis didn't realize at some point that even sex w/Jodi wasn't worth dealing with all the aggravation that went along with it.

Maybe he did, but it was just too late. One thing is clear to me now... as far as spurned ex-girlfriends go, Jodi is among the worst of the worst.

When I read her journal entries it was an eye opener to her obsessiveness. She was the type where
1 date = We are in love
2 dates = We are in love, and getting married
3 dates = We are in love, getting married, and planning to have kids together and travel the world together

About the time where Travis is having second thoughts if he even wants Jodi as a girlfriend and tells her this, Jodi begins planning her divorce from him but no simple divorce will do. She has to take him off the face of the earth.

Yeah, she doesnt accept rejection very well. She would not accept it. She had to have final control of even that.

It's really a shame that Travis didn't realize at some point that even sex w/Jodi wasn't worth dealing with all the aggravation that went along with it.

Maybe he did, but it was just too late. One thing is clear to me now... as far as spurned ex-girlfriends go, Jodi is among the worst of the worst.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Shame Travis had to find that with Jodi that was true ..

:gaah:

Here's the latest Tweet from JA regarding the Bishop:

Jodi Arias Updates @JodiAnnArias · 1h 1 hour ago

Poor Brother Parker. Must be hard 2 be torn between conscience & protecting the Church. His conscience lost.

It means that if the omnibus motion is successful and there is an order entered that none of these defendants can be sentenced to death, then the State will appeal. If the State appeals and wins, then the DP is back on the table for all the defendants. If the State appeals and loses, then none of the defendants could be sentenced to death.

OK, let me try again lol. :) The short version of what I mean is that it makes no difference whether this phase ends before or after the omnibus motion is decided, and it makes no difference really whether Jodi is sentenced before or after the omnibus motion is decided. One way or another, she will be allowed to participate in that motion. If the motion wins, she will not be sentenced to death, and if she's already been sentenced to death it will be reversed. If the motion loses, she will be sentenced to death if that's what the jury decided, and if she's already been sentenced to death nothing will change. So there is no need for the defense team to "stretch this out" to make sure the omnibus motion is decided before this mitigation phase is over. Jodi will be part of that motion regardless of the timing.

Thanks. Beth Karas should get the facts before reporting on stuff like this.

IF JM wasn't objecting to most of what Nurmi was spewing at the bishop, then I have a problem with JM! I've been told that Sherry can't say a peep....isn't her job....it's up to Juan to see that there is decorum in the courtroom and if Nurmi/Wilma gets out of control, it's his job to bring it to the attention of Sherry. Was he and Sherry was ignoring/over ruling his objections?

According to the tweeters, he was objecting quite a lot and JSS was sustaining (granting) most of his objections.

I know. Jodi is evil to her rotten core. God was with Travis as he was being butchered. God didn't forsake him, even though Travis's murderer wanted him to believe it. I've found great comfort in reading Betty J. Eadie's book, Embraced by the Light. She writes about her near death experience. She wrote of when someone is being murdered, God will mercifully take their soul from their bodies. The person can appear to still be alive to their murderer, even though their soul is already safely in God's hands. I believe this is true. I really do. Travis's soul was already safely in God's hands. Jodi has to answer to God now.

This post reminds me of a poem that was given to my Mom when my brother lost his life in a car accident. One verse that sticks in my mind, and my heart is "When I cried out in pain that night, and the moment that I died, he gently lifted me up, and called me to his side" The poem is He Only Took My Hand and I am not sure of the author. All I know is, it helped my Mom a little. Sorry for being O/T.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 31s 32 seconds ago
Juan is fighting hard to protect the Bishop. Gosh I don't agree with attacking this man the way Nurmi is #jodiarias #3tvarias

this is probably the 1 living person nurmi shouldn't have attacked in this whole thing

I disagree. If Travis' beloved grandma were still alive, Nurmi would probably be attacking HER on the stand.

Katie Conner ‏@KatieJConner · 10s11 seconds ago
Nurmi: Did you report him? Bishop: No. Nurmi: You had a duty to report, right? Bishop: It was a pop-up #JodiArias #TravisAlexander #abc15

A duty to report what to whom? Is he suggesting that BP should have the Riverside PD that someone look at scantily clad women on his pc? Should he have contacted Jake's Mommy about it?

:gaah:

Poor Brother Parker. Must be hard 2 be torn between conscience & protecting the Church. His conscience lost.

OMG. She's delusional.

Imagine how exhausting this is for the family. For Juan. I can't even imagine.

I don't think Nurmi did any damage today either, loved the jury questions. Loved the 2 main points the bishop made, no child *advertiser censored*, no *advertiser censored* whatsoever. And no confessions ever about ANY *advertiser censored*. The jury will remember that.

Many more witnesses for rebuttal? I will believe it when I see it. He might be the only other person in the world as full of crap as jodi. I call your bluff Nurmi. At best, he will call some other paid schlump to read a few more emails and texts but won't diagnose anyone because that's not what they are there for. They are only paid to give their opinions. He didn't have any witnesses in mitigation last trial, he didn't have any reputable ones in this trial (so far) and I can't see anyone else worth anything coming out of the wood work.

Exactly. Nurmi won't get anymore witnesses. Heck, JA won't even go back on the stand.

If he's rested his case, can he still call in witnesses? Is he going to hunt down TAs Bishop in Mesa? Come on, this is just beyond ridiculous.

Never thought I'd say this, especially so close to the end, but I'm done with this trial. Can't and won't immerse myself anymore in the unrelenting ugliness of it all.

I pray this jury gives her the DP she deserves and the Alexanders want her to have. I've appreciated all the good souls and sleuthers here.......

Nah, Let me go for a while and you stay. You are an interesting read daily. Me, my thanks button is wonkers so what good am I? lol

Today reading, I'm not sure if Nurmi got the fact proven about TA and MM's wife living at the Bishops house at the same time or not.

Get her sentenced. Many in the state of AZ will be happy if that happens anytime in this month or next one...Come on, the family needs this to be over for Travis. venting

Stay Hope4More. If not, I wish you well. dk

Is the current situation such that once Nurmi et al. interviewed the state's Det. Smith they decided they needed to find witnesses to rebut whatever the detective plans to testify about? Could that be why he may have told the court he will be calling new witnesses? If so, JSS will allow the new witnesses, probably even if they have not been named or even secured by Nurmi yet.

I do not know the procedure on this but I would bet if new witnesses are coming, that is why, and Nurmi will be given all kinds of time to get this set up. Delay after delay, that's the name of his game. I wish JSS would stop playing already. I mean, even if she is required to let him have more witnesses she must still have authority to set some time limits. Yes or no?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jodi sounds a lot like Baghdad Bob:

"No I am not scared and neither should you be!"

"________ is not worth an old shoe."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads