Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I think the chest stab came first is because it HAD to of been a stab wound that would have put him off guard and rendered him unable to fight back. It also was probably enough as PP stated to puncture a lung and gurgling up blood. I also do not purchase into the theory he didnt know she was taking pictures. I do think that he knew she was there and taking pics of him. She may have grabbed the knife she hid in the bathroom in a hamper, a drawer or under a towel when he had his eyes closed, she grabbed it in that second so when he opened his eyes (The very last photo that he looks SERIOUSLY concerned) and she POUNCED and stabbed him right in the chest. But, I am sure we will never know. She loves that she is the only person living on this earth that does know.
bbm: the blood spray in the sink is what did it for me. But also just the forensics in general. No other scenario ever fit for me given the spatter patterns and esp the blood spray in the sink and around the sink/mirror area. :twocents: I will see if I can dig up the sequence of events thread we had going on this. It really has some good posts in it. brb :escape:

Above quote regarding JA's need to go back to Yreka after picking up the rental in Redding. Genius thought! Of course! Time and privacy to hide the weapons in the car.... No cameras on her while she did this. This gets more devious by the minute......

It's interesting that we don't seem to have heard the prosecution addressing this piece of the time line.

I thought the gun in the second rental was found in the compartment with the spare tire...... Wasn't it the Helio phone that was found in the engine compartment of the aunt's car? [This is not to be argumentative, but just so we don't head down the wrong lane with this detail.]

No the gun was found taped to the engine compartment on the rental car, and the Helio was found in her aunts truck under the seat when they went for take out? But was like two years later

On the going back to Yreka , maybe it was to get the money from that guy that said Jodi asked him because she was desperate to get to Travis.

I'm thinking she met the guy who gave her money in a bar in Monterey or thereabouts. "******** Jodi" must have had to do a return "favor"?

Re: the stab wound in the chest. IIRC, it was at a slightly upward angle.

When I learned that, I wondered how she could have done that when he was sitting in the shower.

I'm thinking she met the guy who gave her money in a bar in Monterey or thereabouts. "******** Jodi" must have had to do a return "favor"?

I think it was man she worked/dated Abe? If she was making some side money she sure didn't charge much or that was all a man was willing to pay.

One of the reporters commented on Aunt Sue not being in court this time, and someone else suggested maybe she is going to be a witness. Was she the one that 'found' the Helio phone in the grandmother's car? Also re: that phone, I read that JM was saying the state did not get a chance to examine the phone itself, because it was never in state's custody and there is nothing requiring the defense to 'share' it. Apparently the state received the copy of the sex tape as discovery, but not the phone itself.

This is Where there is no logic. Why keep trying to say shot came first? Guilt phase is over.

The defense is trying to claim that Travis wouldn't have suffered as much if he was shot first, but...that doesn't explain how he crawled down the hallway, and more importantly the bulleet casing landed on top of the already pooled blood. That couldn't happen if he had been shot first!

When I learned that, I wondered how she could have done that when he was sitting in the shower.

Travis was 5ft 9 in, Jodi 5ft 4in. Now I am 4ft 9in my husband is 5ft 10 in. If I were to hypothetically plunge a knife into his chest it would be at an upward angle, as it would be in Jodis case. JMO

I work at a gun range and you would def hear a .25 cal gun.

ETA - we have an indoor range that's built with cinder blocks and sound proofed, and I still hear them in the store part.

I believe that it is because it was in the day and most people where not home at the time.

I think she was on her knees in front of him. Also, she is left handed. She could lean in and stab VERY easily.

jmo, moo etc

And thanks to poster Hatfield for giving info on what a .25 looks like, I hadnt really researched what it was. I had assumed maybe a small beretta style gun? Wow, this thing is sleath. Just like her murderous plot!

Agreed. I think it is as obvious to them as it is to us that he suffered. The jury had to accept that the verdict was guilty of 1st degree murder and that it was cruel IIRC. Truthfully, the suffering part is a no brainier IMO.

Riddle me this? What the hell is the defense purpose for this? that I am sitting on my butt all day reading tweets an re~ do of the trial. Juan seems to keeping it short, but nurmi and wilcott wanna take the killer to mentally ill. I resent that. GET THEM JUAN! No sun makes her ugly, she's getting so grey. She's aging fast. Does slaughting 3 times someone you "loved" make you age faster or trying to save your *advertiser censored*? Nurmi looks like she aged him 20 yrs. I bet in 5 yrs he sues the for PTSD for having to represent that witch. lol

I think she was on her knees in front of him. Also, she is left handed. She could lean in and stab VERY easily.

jmo, moo etc

I work in the nursing field. If she is sitting on her knees on a wet floor from the shower running and was able to plunge a knife into a chest bone nearly 6 inches? She wouldnt have been able to exert enough force to make that kind of infliction in that scenario. JMO. Also, shes 5ft 4 inches, her arm length isnt freakishly long either.

About the gun shot not being heard, could it be possible someone heard the sound and thought it was some type of fire cracker going off? And just didn't think anything of it? We hear this a lot here, regardless of the time of year. Or time of day.

But does she plagerize? Like in the music world when one artist takes a significant portion of notes from a song by someone and then changes it up a bit to use in a new song, that is not legally considered plagiarism. If I, using a photo of the Mona Lisa, then did a drawing of the Mona Lisa based on the picture I saw, I'm not plagiarizing the Mona Lisa. No one would ever be fooled into thinking my drawing is the Mona Lisa and by not signing it with the original artist's signature (Da Vinci), nor am I attempting to pass it off as anything but my own drawing. I see the same here.
IMO her drawings are not creepy at all. What would be creepy is if she decided to draw graphically violent and disturbing pictures, like of a death scene, as one example. THAT would be creepy. Her drawings are benign. Some are quite good. I think she is talented and it's a shame that instead of pursuing art she decided to murder.
BBM. Not true, it's copyright violation. That's what's going on right now in the Led Zeppelin Stairway to Heaven case.(We have a thread on it). They did use parts of the band Spirit's song and they significantly changed it up for the better, but when you hear the original, it's clear they stole some of the riffs.

One of the reporters commented on Aunt Sue not being in court this time, and someone else suggested maybe she is going to be a witness. Was she the one that 'found' the Helio phone in the grandmother's car? Also re: that phone, I read that JM was saying the state did not get a chance to examine the phone itself, because it was never in state's custody and there is nothing requiring the defense to 'share' it. Apparently the state received the copy of the sex tape as discovery, but not the phone itself.

Maybe she will be speak to the phone, but I can't help wondering if she is going to speak about the suppose abuse the convicted murderer suffered from her parents.

I don't trust the DT at all and can just see them presenting some kind of scenario where the aunt was an eye witness.

JMHO

Travis was 5ft 9 in, Jodi 5ft 4in. Now I am 4ft 9in my husband is 5ft 10 in. If I were to hypothetically plunge a knife into his chest it would be at an upward angle, as it would be in Jodis case. JMO

Jodi is taller that Juan Martinez. She is listed as 5'4 to 5'6. She's not tiny. She towers over Wilmont.

jmo, moo etc

There are several, and the defense had an expert come ,that swore they can see Jodi standing and pointing the camera and maybe something else in her hands, in Travis's eyes.

About the gun shot not being heard, could it be possible someone heard the sound and thought it was some type of fire cracker going off? And just didn't think anything of it? We hear this a lot here, regardless of the time of year. Or time of day.

How is it that no one heard Travis screaming for dear life considering how thin the walls were? I can't imagine Arias being quiet either while stabbing Travis over and over and over again.

I work at a gun range and you would def hear a .25 cal gun.

ETA - we have an indoor range that's built with cinder blocks and sound proofed, and I still hear them in the store part.

I believe that it is because it was in the day and most people where not home at the time.

That, plus weather was quite warn so windows were all closed and everyone's air conditioners were on, probably.

And heard under those circumstances from a distance might not register what it was, maybe not even enough to question what it was. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay