Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up myself. Sounds like it was a good morning for the jury with DR. JD testimony - heard JA took her glasses off in court, gasp. Don't think for one second the jury isn't being affected in some way by the DT's constant appearance of scrambling to exclude damning evidence against their client. They know what's up.

I think all these objections and sidebars are hurting the defense, the jury has to be wondering why Nurmi can't just let the evidence be admitted without a big meeting at the bench. It makes them look super slimy.

I'd get annoyed with Nurmi and start disliking him. Which might make me less receptive to what he has to say when it's his turn, to be honest.

Nope, I would think not--how can the results of a standardized, objective test given to JA be anymore or less prejudicial than the PTSD tests given--maybe AZL can answer that from a legal standpoint.

On another note, during the guilt phase I talked about the other scales being "clinically significant" but JW, nor JM, ever really delved into this. IIRC, I do believe the PD scale, as well as one or two others, were very telling--and wondered why JM didn't go into them with Dr. D. Maybe there will be more in depth testimony regarding scales, versus the overall profile--at least I hope so

Perhaps Juan thought he had enough to convict her (which he did) and was waiting till the sentencing phase for the heavy character artillery. He likes to keep things simple for the jurors, IMO.

Just catching up myself. Sounds like it was a good morning for the jury with DR. JD testimony - heard JA took her glasses off in court, gasp. Don't think for one second the jury isn't being affected in some way by the DT's constant appearance of scrambling to exclude damning evidence against their client. They know what's up.

Ziggy. You ruined the tweets for me. I was used to dealing with the tweets that barely contained any useful information. After your reporting yesterday, they just don't cut it lol.

Looks like a certain reporter is trying to interrupt us reading twitter feeds with all these pics he's retweeting from the last couple of days...

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Travis said he didn't want to see Jodi anymore and Jodi was very upset by this

DeMarte says this is more intrusive behaviors #jodiarias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
TA told her that he dated Jodi for a few months. Jodi hacked into his facebook, emails, being in his home uninvited #jodiarias #3tvarias

Taylor Surley Interview:#jodiarias #3tvarias

WAT' here for the afternoon session:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 6m 6 minutes ago

#JodiArias Back from lunch. Defense requests approach upon Juan attempting to enter transcript interview w/Taylor S.

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 2m 2 minutes ago

Exhibit 904: TS of #JodiArias "She has been behaving very erratically, hacking TA's facebook, breaking in to his house/taking things..."

Can I just say "ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" this is so refreshing!!!! After all this time, I can only think how exuberant Travis' family must be feeling right now. Get it out, get it all out. This is what justice looks like.

This is what common sense looks like. This is the Law of Anti-Attraction, AKA Truth. See how well it flows and doesn't need to be explained? See how well it fits in the box labeled "Murderer"? Doesn't this "truth" make sense?

It's a duck. It quacks, walks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. Only replace "duck" with "murderer".

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 · 44s45 seconds ago
14 #jodiarias

I think the evidence has shown she has no remorse because she is not remorseful and feels justified in murdering Travis. I believe she is remorseless because she felt entitled to murder a man that no longer wanted her. That's totally different than being unable to have remorse.

I would see her as someone who has no redeeming qualities and her attitude would weigh heavy. The BPD would not weigh into my decision. It is a disorder which many people have and most do not resort to murder.

Death row has many inmates that are psychopaths or have BPD or another personality disorder of some kind.

I don't think one juror is sitting there looking at JA for months who thinks she is mentally ill. Imo, they know she was very cognizant of everything she did and why she did it.

IMO

Imagine this. You are a juror. You ask DM, is she capable of feeling remorse? Or does her BPD mean she quite literally cannot feel remorse?

DM replies, BPD means she cannot feel remorse. (How can you hold her accountable for what she can't feel?

DM replies: yes, she is capable of feeling remorse. then, it seems to me, you say....her BPD is irrelevant because she is NOT remorseful now, no matter what role BPD played at the time.

I just took a quick look over at Jodiland, to see what they are thinking about this testimony. They say the reason she told some shrinks that her family was never abusive nor did drugs was because she was PROTECTIVE of them. :giggle:

They also said that if 'totdoc' keeps saying how secretive JA is, it is going to backfire on Juan. Because surely the jury will figure out that her being secretive means that's why she never told anyone about the horrible abuse she received from her abuser. JodiLand--:no:

That's not too out there.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 24s 25 seconds ago

Dr. D discusses Sky Hughes catching #JodiArias waiting outside of the bathroom door as well as his bedroom door on phone w/ex gf.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 22s 23 seconds ago
DeMarte interviewed Sky Hughes- #jodiarias #3tvarias

Already it's obvious Geffner's puzzle was the one with wooden knobs for 1 yr. olds, while JM is methodically recreating the Sistine Chapel.

LOL...and the Gefff puzzle is of a big 'ol smiley face!!!

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Travis said he didn't want to see Jodi anymore and Jodi was very upset by this

DeMarte says this is more intrusive behaviors #jodiarias

TA told her that he dated Jodi for a few months. Jodi hacked into his facebook, emails, being in his home uninvited #jodiarias #3tvarias

Taylor Surley Interview:#jodiarias #3tvarias

BBM. Does this mean she lied about the breakup being mutual?

Thanks, great article and I get the impression the writer has BPD.

It says they can feel guilt just like everyone else can.

But when they are hurting someone at the time they do not feel guilt.
I thought she was diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, not Bipolar? Unless I missed it.
TIA

Oh, yes. You are not required to be ignorant to be a juror.

Where does it cross the line (or can it ever?) of a computer person or an MD or a PhD or whoever claiming they can interpret / translate / expand on / contradict / whatever the expert testimony in a case? I'm a computer person - a programmer, not a repair person - and I can certainly say that Spybot Search & Destroy was a lifesaver for me when I had Windows PCs. That seems fair. But is there some point where I could go out of bounds during jury discussions about the computer testimony? It could be one of those things where a particular phrase or two causes problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UnicornAmalthea