Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What?? He had to spend time on it! He was accused of prosecutorial misconduct!! And, Sherry decided to allow the jury hear all of it! He had to defend himself against vile accusations in front of the jury. Can't believe Beth is clueless about that!

Plus many moons ago when Juan was bringing in the truth at the first phase he did mention all of those things BK insists he did not.

I had a feeling that BK may throw her on personal opinions in the mix instead of just reporting what has really been said in the courtroom so I decided not to sign up on her site.

Now I am glad I didn't.

Here is the link to Dirk Derstine after Verdict. As it should be. Trust me in that trial there was more than mud slinging that could have been played on for months. Derstine did not go there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39sSHE_EFpw

Mention of "Dirk" reminded me of the Dr. Dirk Greineder murder trial in Wellesley, MA, live on Court TV years ago The attorneys, the judge, the witnesses, and the jurors all carried out their duties in a stellar manner. That's so rare imo.

I hope someone can grab Tammy Rose and MK's tweets, I'll be back and forth today and not able to keep up consistently.

:seeya: I can do MK if no one else wants to ... lol !

Of course, I will cover WAT even though it is NOT the "original WAT" but Kinsey filling in.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 14s 15 seconds ago
Jury is in and now we are looking at the Daps test #jodiarias #3tvarias

This whole case really disturbs me. From what she did to how she still seems to be getting her sick revenge... By tormenting TA's name. Maybe I was shielded as a child but it shouldn't be allowed that a victim becomes the one in question. She is very evil and very manipulative, for her penalty even to be in question. Nasty, evil woman! I hope she gets what she deserves!

Tammy Rose @News20Chopper · 1m 1 minute ago
#JodiArias was smiling a lot this morning. She looks really happy.

From News20:

Tammy Rose ‏@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago

:gaah: I just hope and :please::please::please::please::please::please: that she gets the DP !

What?? He had to spend time on it! He was accused of prosecutorial misconduct!! And, Sherry decided to allow the jury hear all of it! He had to defend himself against vile accusations in front of the jury. Can't believe Beth is clueless about that!

She is not clueless. Neither am I. (And as Hope reminded me, Flores brought in the needed evidence.)
Which is most important in this trial, getting the sentence he is asking for or worrying about clearing his name? Obviously, he had to clear his name but I don't believe that was even as issue for JSS. We all know he is ethical. Besides, JSS should have handled this early on with the defense. She made it harder for the prosecution.

:seeya:

I have a fantasy.

Imagine the Arias courtroom this morning.

"All rise for Judge Roland Steinle."

"Good morning. Be advised that I am now the presiding judge of the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial. My docket has been cleared to hear only this trial and bring it to its long overdue conclusion. Therefore, court will commence at 9 a.m. each day, with one hour for lunch. Meals will be brought in for the jury; counsel may wish to brown bag it. There will be no continuances for any reason, other than at the behest of a juror.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you may expect to commence your deliberations on Wednesday, February 25th, at 9 a.m. sharp.

Mr. Nurmi: all existing motions before this court have been denied. If you cannot resist the urge to put pen to paper again, be sure to address your pleadings to the Court of Appeal. You have, I understand, three witnesses to take the stand after Dr. Geffner. Please advise Mr. John Smith that he will be required to testify under his own name. Each of your witnesses will be allowed one half-day to complete their testimony - the afternoon allotted to cross examination.

Miss Arias: You realise, of course, that if your fragility prevents you from continuing your testimony in open court, the same precedent will apply to allocution.

Henceforth, there will be no secrets; no sidebars; and no in chamber meetings.

You may proceed."

LOVE>>>>>>>>LOVE<>><<IT!

Now only if that could really happen.......... Applause!!!!

Meanwhile back to reality with JSS on the bench.:(

Tweets:

Michael Kiefer &#8207;@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

Back in Courtroom 5C with Dr. Robert Geffner still under direct examination by Jennifer Willmott for #jodiarias.

:gaah:

Wild About Trial 2 &#8207;@WildaboutTrial2 · 57s58 seconds ago

#JodiArias wearing purple.
Domestic Violence Awareness is often acknowledged by wearing purple.
What are you wearing?

:gaah:

I have a fantasy.

"Good morning. Be advised that I am now the presiding judge of the State of Arizona vs. Jodi Arias re-sentencing trial. My docket has been cleared to hear only this trial and bring it to its long overdue conclusion. Therefore, court will commence at 9 a.m. each day, with one hour for lunch. Meals will be brought in for the jury; counsel may wish to brown bag it. There will be no continuances for any reason, other than at the behest of a juror.

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, you may expect to commence your deliberations on Wednesday, February 25th, at 9 a.m. sharp.

Mr. Nurmi: all existing motions before this court have been denied. If you cannot resist the urge to put pen to paper again, be sure to address your pleadings to the Court of Appeal. You have, I understand, three witnesses to take the stand after Dr. Geffner. Please advise Mr. John Smith that he will be required to testify under his own name. Each of your witnesses will be allowed one half-day to complete their testimony - the afternoon allotted to cross examination.

Miss Arias: You realise, of course, that if your fragility prevents you from continuing your testimony in open court, the same precedent will apply to allocution.

You may proceed."

:happydance::loveyou::drumroll::great::dance::cheer::woohoo:

She is not clueless. Neither am I. (And as Hope reminded me, Flores brought in the needed evidence.)
Which is most important in this trial, getting the sentence he is asking for or worrying about clearing his name? Obviously, he had to clear his name but I don't believe that was even as issue for JSS. We all know he is ethical. Besides, JSS should have handled this early on with the defense. She made it harder for the prosecution.

BBM

Unfortunately for Juan he has had to do both.

I have been taken aback somewhat by BKs attitude concerning this case.

I don't know where she has been but he did cover all of those things in the aggravation phase with Det. Flores.

He will also bring them out again in his closing.

Yes. Thank you. I forgot. Guess all I can remember is all the *advertiser censored* that really wasn't. And the Bishop. Oh and witness number one, who is a coward. :).

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 2m 2 minutes ago
#jodiarias is here in a short sleeve purple shirt, hair down, smiling away #3tvarias

Purple, lavender, white, black, but never orange for JA. Perryville Pumpkin 24/7 forevermore is waiting impatiently in the wings.

From MK:

Michael Kiefer &#8207;@michaelbkiefer · 1m1 minute ago

And Geffner is still talking about the two tests administered to #jodiarias to assess trauma
and why Dr. Janeen DeMarte didn't understand.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 48s 48 seconds ago
Geff says Dr. D had a hard time with the Daps test as he explains how it works and how he had JA think back 2 what led to murder. #jodiarias

I have a fantasy.

You may proceed."

Priceless!!!

From News20:

Tammy Rose &#8207;@News20Chopper · 1m1 minute ago

:gaah: I just hope and :please::please::please::please::please::please: that she gets the DP !

Let her keep smiling and looking like she doesn't have a care in the world. Believe me the jury is watching her behavior closely and none of it shows a remorseful defendant.

IMO

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 57s 57 seconds ago
Geff says he administered this "not in a standard way" because they had a lot of info & it gave them a feel. It wasn't used diagnostically

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammiwinks