Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Haven't posted for awhile, but still following the excellent posts by all. Thanks for keeping me informed!!

Can someone clear up some confusion for me? Juan was not allowed to play testimony of Darryl Brewer so then why is Nurmi allowed to play Desiree Freeman's testimony now?

Hi All,

Haven't posted for awhile, but still following the excellent posts by all. Thanks for keeping me informed!!

Can someone clear up some confusion for me? Juan was not allowed to play testimony of Darryl Brewer so then why is Nurmi allowed to play Desiree Freeman's testimony now?

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Expert- Travis didn't want to be abusive but he was. Not to the level of his mother but he was #jodiarias #3TVARIAS
Uh huh. Abuse is primarily about control. So where is the evidence of Travis controlling anyone? Did JA and exes have their own bank account? Car? Cell phone? Apartment? Did he restrict them from seeing friends, family? Did he bar them from working or tamper with their cars so they couldn't leave when and if they wanted to? Did he threaten suicide when they didn't behave as he wished them to? Or threaten to hurt them? Or reported to their friends and family members how they were misbehaving? Did he spy on them?

Again, an abusive personality and abusive behaviours (which many of us could be guilty of) are worlds apart. It's unfair, disingenuous and I'd even venture dangerous to lump them into the same category.

Desiree Freeman was 12 years old. That does make a difference as to what she says and observed....

I wonder how these jurors are going to feel when this trial is over and they have access to all the ugliness that is Jodi Arias. Tire-slashing, stalking, peeping, fake pedophilia letters, her 18 day testimony, her job history (lack of anything meaningful or consistent), ninja story, the police interviews where she giggles, sings and does handstands. I cannot imagine how angry I would feel at being manipulated by the massaging of the truth by this defense team. I would be furious and would feel that I had been lied to.

Hi All,

I've been wondering the very same thing, I hope AZL will clue us in on this apparent double standard.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 27s 28 seconds ago

Dr. F's opinion on these emails is based on the writing of the Hughes.

They gives hist. perspective on TA and how he treats women #JodiArias

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 14s 14 seconds ago

She is not basing her opinion on things that #JodiArias had said.

It was based on a historical account from the Hughes.

Oh, yes, the snippets of emails she was given to read before they knew the real killer. Makes me ill!

I've been wondering the very same thing, I hope AZL will clue us in on this apparent double standard.

Since all discussion and rulings seem to be sealed, we can only guess. But my guess at the time was that Juan was trying to use the media video instead of the crappy "official" court video and/or Juan had failed to inform the defense ahead of time that he would be using video and exactly where the edits would be so that any objections could be resolved and the edited video marked as an exhibit for purposes of the record on appeal.

My uneducated guess would be because he is the witness from CA that will be testifying later so can be asked directly?

Photo below of the camping trip:

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/mesa/2014/10/21/jodi-arias-trial-twitter-updates/17660021/

B2V5d4sIIAAyatl.png

My uneducated guess would be because he is the witness from CA that will be testifying later so can be asked directly?

Juan was allowed to use the transcript in place of the video, so IMO it had something to do with the video itself rather than the fact of informing the jury of his testimony.

I've been reading the minute-to-minute postings of Beth K. (btw, excellent job Beth!!).

One thing that strikes me is the obsession of TA and his circle of friends on the marriage schedule.
I know this is partly driven by deadlines imposed by the Mormon faith.
But, it's a little much, and leads to a crappy life for all involved.
If only they could have relaxed more about their relationships and enjoyed life.

Hey, marriage isn't all it's cracked up to be, and often sucks.
If this pressure would not have existed on these people, it might have been an easier time.
And, this pressure fueled JA into a frenzy. Crazy.

Mod note: Please stop bashing, (whether through visual graphics, derogatory terms or name variations, etc) case players and posters on other sites. As an aside, I have seen some sexual innuendo and jokes, on the other thread, and it needs to cease.

ssig_thankyou_100-100_zpse2c12ec4.gif

Bumping this up in case you missed it...
Also, be sure to include a
spc_sign_link_100-100_zpsd603ba19.gif
for the sources of photos- even attached thumbnails.

That doesn't seem fair. Juan was told not to play testimony from Darryl Brewer but Nurmi can play testimony front Desiree?

Hi MeeBee :wave:

I think Nurmi didn't want DB's video played because he was afraid some of the jurors might get a good look at his hands and fingernails ~ That IRONICALLY matched the hand and nails on the willie wonka picture. Even KN knows that was NOT Travis.'

I think that the young adults went from the singles group to the family group (at least some older group) when they turned 31. That's why Travis was trying so hard to find a wife (Lisa and Mimi). Jodi is the type of person who smothers the person with whom he/she is with. It looks like Travis took part in all the activities (dancing, singing, etc.). Jodi just watched. She definitely wasn't a people person. Travis seemed to be friends with everyone.

Sigh. This retrial is so annoying and nerve-wrecking. I don't like all these new evidentiary rules.

I hope the atrocity and obscenity of what's been allowed in this trial becomes so perverse and so loud and so neon that it becomes some kind of turning point. I'm gonna keep shouting it and see where it lands. Esp the $$$ part where, politically, is really all that counts sadly.

BRAVO. Amen sister, amen!!! May it also shine a light on, and bring awareness to, women who stalk, manipulate through sex and lies, emotionally abuse, and perpetrate violence upon MEN. I pray for a day where Male victims of abuse and violence are just as important and recognized as women.

Furthermore, I await the day that abuse is no longer a go to defense for killing or violating others. The damage that ALV did to real victims of abuse and violence, both women and men, was frightening and unforgivable imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l