Retrial for Sentencing of Jodi Arias - Day 9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 2m2 minutes ago
Several jurors taking notes. About half look as if they could take a nap. #JodiArias listening to witness talk.

From WAT:

Wild About Trial @WildAboutTrial · 37s 38 seconds ago

It's quiet in here as we watch a video of the attorneys sizzle-bar'ing. #JodiArias

I wonder why they kept the sidebars in. Wouldn't it be better to once the video goes to sidebar, fast forward through that? I think they serve no purpose since the jury can't hear what's going on in the sidebar; it may only bore the jurors to have to sit through that white noise so it's weird they are making them do that.

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette · 7s 7 seconds ago
#JodiArias Dr F says hand holding is sexual behavior it's sexuous

William Pitts @william_pitts ·
Fonseca just came up with "sexitive" to describe an action. #JodiArias:giggle:

Expert is saying Travis not wanting to show #jodiarias off hurt her self esteem #3TVARIAS

Ladies, if a man treats you like that, you don't date him. It's not going to get better.

Steve Krafft ‏@SKrafftFox10 58s58 seconds ago
After two tedious hours of testimony and re-runs of first trial, #jodiarias expert declares Travis considered Jodi a booty call.

Why would the Freemans think that Travis would have brought Lisa on the trip when Mormons didn't approve of two unmarried young people going on overnight trips alone? (They actually weren't alone; Dan and Desiree were with them.) If they knew both Jodi and Lisa, they would have known which one of the two had probably slept with dozens of people and which one was probably a virgin.

The defense is acting as if sex before marriage between Mormons is more wrong than sex between Protestants or people of other religions. (I'm Baptist.) You know it's pretty bad when I watch the one memorial video with Travis and the three young girls riding in the car and my biggest concern is whether Travis is drinking water or some sinful drink like a Coke or Pepsi from Wendy's.

This day has been like a trial version of Inception.We've had two timelines and objections about one timeline from the OTHER time.:crazy:

OT...what a great movie!!!!! Back to piping down. :)

The Gold Patrol™ ‏@thegoldpatrol 1m1 minute ago
Someone’s phone went off playing a video. Sidebar. #JodiArias

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 45s 45 seconds ago
Dan says Jodi was silent and then emotional #jodiarias #3TVARIAS

It took her a moment to think up how to pretend to be a person who was sad to have lost a friend.

Jen's Trial Diaries @TrialDiariesJ · 1m 1 minute ago
Expert- The low self esteem can be magnified when it's just a physical relationship #jodiarias #3tvarias

Nicole Goodman Esq @msesquirette · 27s 27 seconds ago
#JodiArias spectator phone goes off and all hell breaks loose. Now Nurmi thinks we are recording. ..sidebar evil looks all around

LONG sidebar. #JodiArias

Coming out of the shadows to say....

I think it is essential that JM really, really walks the jury through the timeline of the relationship. An outsider peeking into defense testimony would come away with the impression that JA & TA had a ten year live-in relationship where he controlled her and she fell "victim" to his evil ways. Even though the jury knows better, the way in which the defense crawls along and makes such a big deal out of every single word TA ever uttered can imprint in a jurors mind and get them feeling as if the relationship was longer than it actually was. I mean geez, the time that they were "officially a couple" was only a handful of months. Look at all the photo's that SHE took with his friends so clearly he wasn't shunning her, he just wasn't telling the full extent of the physical relationship.

So anyway, I think Juan really needs to work to overcome the subliminal idea that the relationship was longer and more formal that it ever was.

:seeya: Hello and :welcome:

Great points !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads