Revisiting Haleigh's home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
they made a big deal out of Misty using the other bathroom, I don't find that odd at all, she prolly did that so as not to wake the kids. If she rolled out of that bed she would be right in front of the door and then sail right out to the living room and her body would be turned toward the door not necessarily looking at the little pile where Hayleigh was sleeping.

I feel like the person who did this knew the layout of the trailer ( perhaps it's identical to most trailers in the area?) Also I think that they knew where the children were sleeping and they definatley went in there looking for a child to take.

now a man in black? maybe a robbery gone bad, it's possible they wanted to take that tv out the back door, but there are no signs that that was even attempted. Someone def knew that Ron was not at home.

I think they went there specifically for the child, and likely it had been planned out.

is there a location map of the supposed place the cinder block was taken from? And do the neighbors have any cinder blocks on their property?

Thank you. That is one of the things I first pointed out when this case broke. That has always bothered me. When you're leaving a room where kids are sleeping, don't you check them as you're leaving to make sure you don't wake them up? Last night many thought she may have used the other bathroom because she didn't want to wake the kids. I just can't see her not peeking at them first then, before she left the room. It has also bothered me that she said she saw the door open and went to check on the kids. If she woke up around 3 something, wouldn't she at first think it must be RC and go check out front to see if his car is there? Maybe she just didn't explain herself well enough, but those things have always bothered me.

If you have a kid sleeping in the floor, wouldn't you look to see where they were so you didn't step on them?

Was there a computer there? And what type of electonics and or flat screen tv in the living room?

BB, here is what I remember from NG. I intend to rewatch the video's of her show today.

If you are standing in the doorway of the bedroom that connect to the livingroom and facing the Master Bath doorway that is at the other end of the room...you see to your left...immediately to your left against the wall is the nightstand on the other side of the night stand is the queen bed which meets is also along the outer wall.

Keep scanning left up that outer wall and there is a window, there was a pair of what appeared to possibly be RC's work boots on the floor (not mid center of the window but slightly off to the right as you are scanning your eyes) then immediately you see a corner computer desk.

The computer desk has honey colored oak shelving on the middle shelf is the computer moniter, on the upper shelf it looks to be a printer possibly. There looks to be a chair in front of that computer desk (an old dining room type chair)

Continue scanning your eyes from left to right in the room and after you see the computer desk you see the doorway for the Masterbath.

To the right of the masterbath doorway (midpoint in the other side of the room) you are scanning your eyes back down the room towards youself standing in the doorway that leads to the livingroom.

You see a small portion of wall to the right of that masterbath doorway just wide enough to see a small chest of drawers that has a TV on top.

Haleighs toddler mattress is a few feet towards you from that TV, and laying against the right hand side of the wall of the bedroom.

Look at the head of Haleigh's bed and the door of the doorway in which you are standing is within a foot or so of that edge of that opened door.

IIRC, that is what the room looks like. I do have to go back later today and review again.

I do have a question. Does anyone remember if the white building that we saw as we were looking out of the side door (referred to as the back door by family) has been identifed? It has a white picket fence gate.

TIA for anyone that can share exactly what that is!

That looks like the side door of the trailer next door. The white plastic webbing is a way to make a porch/type area.

I have had one big question since the very beginning of this case and so far have not seen anyone discuss it (if it has been, point me to the right thread and I will go read). Ron has said clearly that he knew something was wrong when he drove up because he saw Misty in the front doorway. NOW..here is my question...if you woke up and found a child gone and one light was on in the kitchen already, wouldn't the next thing you would do is to turn on EVERY light in the house and outside? How can you look for a child in the dark? I would turn on all the lights and LEAVE THEM ON because I would never take the time to bother to shut any back off. I would have cared less if the light woke up the other child because I would have already done that to ask him where his sister was and if he saw her get up.

SO....why did Ron not say I knew something was wrong because as soon as I turned down the street I saw all the lights on in the middle of the night????? Unless, there weren't any lights on which means Misty did NOT look for Haleigh because she KNEW she was not there anywhere.

I have had one big question since the very beginning of this case and so far have not seen anyone discuss it (if it has been, point me to the right thread and I will go read). Ron has said clearly that he knew something was wrong when he drove up because he saw Misty in the front doorway. NOW..here is my question...if you woke up and found a child gone and one light was on in the kitchen already, wouldn't the next thing you would do is to turn on EVERY light in the house and outside? How can you look for a child in the dark? I would turn on all the lights and LEAVE THEM ON because I would never take the time to bother to shut any back off. I would have cared less if the light woke up the other child because I would have already done that to ask him where his sister was and if he saw her get up.

SO....why did Ron not say I knew something was wrong because as soon as I turned down the street I saw all the lights on in the middle of the night????? Unless, there weren't any lights on which means Misty did NOT look for Haleigh because she KNEW she was not there anywhere.

Excellent point about the lights, raeann. I'd also like to know about the timing of Misty's call to Ron and his actual arrival at home. A call at that hour would have tipped him off that something was wrong.

That's a good question. I would have turned on every single light, too. Just to rule out Haleigh wasn't hiding in a closet or something.
Misty probably didn't usually wait in the doorway for Ron. Maybe she was usually asleep when he got home.

IF this was staged by Ron or Misty, or both, why stage it THIS way?

If you were trying to set up a believable scenario for an intruder/break-in/abduction, why make the whole thing so....disjointed?

Why draw attention to the light being on and why use the side door? Why not break the lock on the door or a window? Better yet, why not just say that you weren't sure if you left the door unlocked or a window open? Why be so adamant that the door, with no signs of forced entry, was locked? Why not leave the house dark and the front door open? Why not say that you got up for a glass of water, and immediately observed that Haleigh was not in her bed?

Why have such a confusing and distracted version of events if it was an intentionally deceiving, planned(possibly rehearsed) call to 911? Wouldn't your objective in that call, and subsequent staging, be to make it look like a clear-cut break in?

If it was staged, every clue that was provided by Misty, would have to have been an attempt to lead the attention away from her or Ron and point to an intruder. Was this logical in any way?

Curious to hear your thoughts...

LOL......I see most of us have the same questions after seeing the walk-thru of the trailer on NG last night......With Misty's changing stories my BS meter has been in the red for awhile....OR.....this is a very LUCKY perp that broke in that night.

First off this LUCKY perp 'finds' a cinder block thats both tall & heavy enough to prop the screen door on a slanting ramp......

Second, the perp pops the inside door lock (leaves no traces) & *somehow knows this door also needs to be propped & LUCKY for him there is laundry right there to do so.....

Third, this LUCKY perp makes his way into the dark kitchen & then LUCKILY find the light switch.....& LUCKY for him, turning the light on, awakes no one.

He then proceeds to a (darK ??) bedroon where LUCKILY 2 kids are also sleeping, squats down & easily (& quietly) picks up a 40lb little girl.......

(no wonder Misty continue to be questioned.....)

Just a tad too much luck, IMO! Misty better hope that her finger or thumb print was not the last print on the kitchen light switch!

Also, I watched N.G. twice last night to be sure, but it did not look as if the tower to the computer was there with the computer and printer on that desk or even underneath on the bottom shelf. Maybe LE has it. I wonder how much Misty was on that computer and when.

I would like to know if there were any of Haleigh's clothes dropped off by the great grandmother (or whomever it was) that night. If there was, are the clean clothes still there, or are they missing?

As for whatever TN was meaning that should be in the house for Haleigh, it could have been medication, asthma inhaler, or nebulizer. I just do not think Haleigh was abducted. What intruder would take time to find things Haleigh might need and how would he/she even know about it?

IMO, Ronald and Misty know what happened to Haleigh. I think this was planned and there is usually always some little detail that is overlooked in that plan. Just my opinion, as always!

***Sorry to have used your post as a jumping off point, tx_Dot!

I do have a question. Does anyone remember if the white building that we saw as we were looking out of the side door (referred to as the back door by family) has been identifed? It has a white picket fence gate.

TIA for anyone that can share exactly what that is!

That is the trailer next-door......they have used that white lattice to enclose their porch/carport area......

I've been asking about these neighbors since day one, yet have heard nothing.....don't even know IF anyone lives there.

If you were trying to set up a believable scenario for an intruder/break-in/abduction, why make the whole thing so....disjointed?

Why draw attention to the light being on and why use the side door? Why not break the lock on the door or a window? Better yet, why not just say that you weren't sure if you left the door unlocked or a window open? Why be so adamant that the door, with no signs of forced entry, was locked? Why not leave the house dark and the front door open? Why not say that you got up for a glass of water, and immediately observed that Haleigh was not in her bed?

Why have such a confusing and distracted version of events if it was an intentionally deceiving, planned(possibly rehearsed) call to 911? Wouldn't your objective in that call, and subsequent staging, be to make it look like a clear-cut break in?

If it was staged, every clue that was provided by Misty, would have to have been an attempt to lead the attention away from her or Ron and point to an intruder. Was this logical in any way?

Without getting into detail about other cases, this curious detail of staging while simultaneously "unstaging" has come up before.

The best theory I can give as to why anyone would stage-- by pointing to and away at the same time-- is that nobody knows what evidence LE will come up with. And for this very reason all options need to be left open.

BTW: I believe that Misty did give that story about the glass of water and not seeing Haleigh in the bed in one of her versions of the story. (I'll go check)

First because if you're attempting to claim that an adult or caregiver was there present w children when in fact there was not, then you need to explain how an intruder was able to somehow silently enter the home w/out waking up Misty. Thus you wouldn't stage a noisy break-in but maybe you would suggest some other mysterious means of entering the home. Maybe gf is just thinking on her feet and hadn't time to stage, but reluctant to admit she had been gone and left door unlocked. Or maybe they're insistent upon the point of rear door being locked from inside because they might otherwise be asked to produce keys proving rear door could be locked from outside... Ok now I'm starting to get mixed up lol :crazy: Indigo's right tho, if covering up there are so many possible questions and factors to try to anticipate, that you are simultaneously staging, and unstaging. JMO

:parrot:

I can point out a lot of "lucky" perps who were so brazen and bold in many cases. Some eventually had their luck run out while others are still running free. It does happen.

I was wondering the same thing re why all lights weren't reported to be on; why no dirty laundry or any other items were reported to be propping inswinging rear door open (since both gf and dad state it was "wide open"); and why gf was not reported in sleep attire, etc etc. Sorry but I think we're all gonna have to smoke a whole lotta somethin to get in their heads and solve this one... lol. Praying for Haleigh, and for Jr. JMO

*just a creative exercise*

I appreciate your answers. I'd like more feedback on the door being the point of entry now that we know the layout of the house.

I'm really trying to get to a "frame of mind" type place to get to the line of thinking. Because staging would involve forethought, right? What would you(the reader), if you were the one staging in this situation, be thinking when choosing the door/locked route over the other options?

What was the plan with the door? Why insist the door was locked? It's not like they were going to be arrested for not double-checking a door that was not used frequently? Many children have been abducted in the past because of a door or window being left unlocked.

Looking at the interior layout and exterior setting- What is the benefit of using the side-door as opposed to the front door (I guess this question could be asked in a staging or real abduction scenario)? For example, more likely the side door is obscured from a neighbors view... The front door had a chain lock..ect. I don't think it is an issue of covering for not hearing anything, because she is claiming Haleigh was taken from the very room she(Misty) was in.

Just tryin' to get those creative juices flowin'! I desperately wish I could just let my brain focus in one direction:crazy: Was this a staged crime scene, or was this an authentic account of an abduction?

UGH! I'm developing ADD from this case and I think I'm coming down with a terrible case of Turret's.....

I was wondering the same thing re why all lights weren't reported to be on; why no dirty laundry or any other items were reported to be propping inswinging rear door open (since both gf and dad state it was "wide open"); and why gf was not reported in sleep attire, etc etc. Sorry but I think we're all gonna have to smoke a whole lotta somethin to get in their heads and solve this one... lol. Praying for Haleigh, and for Jr. JMO

Excellent post- IIRC in the 911 call Misti says that there is a rock on the floor. At the time I thought she was confused about the cinder block holding open the screen door but now that we know something needed to also be propping open the interior door- is there a second door holder we know nothing of??

sorry for all the posts, but just had another thought pop in. Maybe the more seasoned posters can answer this...

after typing this part-
"It's not like they were going to be arrested for not double-checking a door that was not used frequently? Many children have been abducted in the past because of a door or window being left unlocked."

I'm wondering if in the genuine abductions we know about (Smart case), the parents are more likely to admit to some fault on their part, real or not. It seems natural to express guilt over not checking a door or on a sleeping child (Vandam's mother just said this in a recent interview). However irrational, it seems they usually accept some type of responsibility for their child's situation. As opposed to the cases with parents or caretakers being the perpetrator- are they more likely to distance themselves from ANY admission of negligence on their part? Is this an observed pattern that profilers look for?
Okay, I'll stop wondering out loud now....

If Misty did something to Haleigh and the last person who saw Haleigh was at 7 pm why would Misty not just say Haleigh was on the porch playing I was doing dishes and I went to check and she was gone, or Haleigh was in the yard riding her bike and I ran in to get the phone came out and she was gone. It just doesnt make sense to make up a story that you were sleeping in the same room and someone grabbed her and I didnt hear a thing.

IIRC in the 911 call she said the door was wide open and there was a brick on the floor. I do not think I would of taken the time on the 911 call to explain that the storm door was propped open with a brick and the inside door was propped open with laundry or what lights were on.

I am sure LE knows if the lights were on, what Misty was wearing, the placement of the doors etc thus the reason they have questioned Misty several times to get every little detail however, LE is not telling the public anything so we can not just assume Misty is hiding things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back