Robyn Adams, Benhaida, and Derkovic Jail Calls

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with that - she says in her letters to her friend she is going crazy missing her kids.
Part of what makes me hesitate is that cons just don't come out and have truthful conversations on the phone. And the other thing is Robyn did not step up to the plate and start hollering YooHoo to the LE - lookee what I've got for you. Now I'll give you this if you give me that.
I saw some real avoidance from Robyn and her lawyer, who didn't voluntarily give up even the letters.
Call me a doubter, but there you have it. Biggest reason? That Casey just will not shut up - blah blah blah.....These tapes had better be good!

You say her lawyer, you mean the first lawyer corrections officer corrections officer Silvia Hernandez referred her to, Andrea Armas, the finger pointing former Seminole County public defender, or the second lawyer, William Bryan, the Yale graduate former United States Prosecutor from Miami who knows how to obtain a Rule 35(b) Motion for Reduction of Sentence.

Go read the FDLE report closer and you will understand what I am talking about.

Conveniently, the only inmate corrections officer Silvia Hernandez allowed Casey Anthony to have contact with.

Conveniently, the only inmate corrections officer Silvia Hernandez continued to communicate with after she was moved to federal prison.

Conveniently, the only inmate who would benefit from a Federal Rule 35(b) Motion to Reduce Sentence.

Conveniently, Hornsby believes nobody but Hornsby.

Conveniently Logicalgirl believes Mr Hornsby is a respected Criminal DEFENSE Lawyer - LOL

Yuri? C'mon

It appeared as though the heart shaped sticker was placed there purposefully. (it wasn't even residue, it was an image)
It appeared as though the duct tape was placed there purposefully.
It appeared as though the bags "were" inside the laundry bags.
Only certain investigators and medical examiners knew about the blanket.( Heck, sounds like half the county knew about the blanket. )

I see things for what they are. I am not sure what he is seeing, or what he is trying to get you to believe, but I think he believes it himself. Ym may just simply be wrong about this whole case. IMO

As in Caylee isn't really dead or what?

I am not saying that Casey is not a liar (she is) or that Robyn is completely lying. I only think Robyn is exaggerating, embellishing, or lying about specific issues to make her story more believable so she can get that Rule 35 reduction down the road.

How much of a reduction of her sentence would Robyn get?
Do you know Richard?

No, let us be clear. She DID set up Casey Anthony; AND Casey Anthony did slip up.

But I don't believe that Casey Anthony slipped up to the extent Robyn Adams needed, thus the miraculous testimony about their conversations which just happen to be unverifiable by anyone but Robyn...

I'm sure we all have our own opinions of where Casey did slip up, I know I do, but I'd like to specifically hear yours if you will, please?

Look up a Rule 35(b) motion and you will understand localgirlson.

Rule 35. Reducing a Sentence

(b) Reducing a Sentence for Substantial Assistance.

(1) In General.

Upon the government's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person.

(2) Later Motion.

Upon the government's motion made more than one year after sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant's substantial assistance involved:

(A) information not known to the defendant until one year or more after sentencing;

(B) information provided by the defendant to the government within one year of sentencing, but which did not become useful to the government until more than one year after sentencing; or

(C) information the usefulness of which could not reasonably have been anticipated by the defendant until more than one year after sentencing and which was promptly provided to the government after its usefulness was reasonably apparent to the defendant.

(3) Evaluating Substantial Assistance.

In evaluating whether the defendant has provided substantial assistance, the court may consider the defendant's presentence assistance.

(4) Below Statutory Minimum.

When acting under Rule 35(b), the court may reduce the sentence to a level below the minimum sentence established by statute.

I do not think that this is what Robyn was going for, she had already discussed it with her attorney and her attorney already said no it wouldn't help.

In the second call on the MyFox website (before but close to Christmas 2008), Robyn's dad asks her if she is able to actually talk to Casey "physically" and she says no.

I heard that on Fox 35, and my first impression was (she hesitated slightly before answering) - she was lying to her father. As she knows that these calls are recorded, and that being found physically talking to Casey would get her in a boatload of trouble, she lied to her father.

And didn't Slivia corrobate that the two did talk, just not for the lengths of time that Robin claims she did?

I think it's important to keep in mind that the girls might not have been absolutely straight in these calls, knowing they're recorded, and that certain things stated could get them in trouble, on the inside, and have privileges taken away.

Yuri? C'mon

It appeared as though the heart shaped sticker was placed there purposefully. (it wasn't even residue, it was an image)
Only certain investigators and medical examiners knew about the blanket.( Heck, sounds like half the county knew about the blanket. )

I see things for what they are. I am not sure what he is seeing, or what he is trying to get you to believe, but I think he believes it himself. Ym may just simply be wrong about this whole case. IMO

Only certain investigators and medical examiners knew about the blanket WHEN they found Caylee's remains.

EVERYONE knew about the blanket WHEN Robyn spilled her Rule 35(b) guts.

Anyone can fill in facts after the fact.

Adams calls are so voluminous and portray a desperate mother who wants nothing more than to get out of jail - that is ALL she talks about. From the get go she is talking to her dad in code about the letters of Casey Anthony - totally trying to set her up. PLUS, her father meets with Maya Derkovic - WTF?

Benhaida is in jail and blames her sister, Crystal for being the triue perpetrator for the crime that Benhaida is doing time for. Plus Benhaida is on a bunch of anti-psychotic drugs.

Maya Derkovic's jail calls are all in a language I do not recognize. So I hope someone recognizes that language and summarizes what she says.

TRUST NOBODY (but Hornsby to give it to you straight)!

So?!?! So am I (and MILLIONS of other people) - what's that make her.. mentally ill maybe? Anti psychotics mean it's probably Bipolar or some type of psychotic disorder. Good for her she is getting treatment!! If she WASN'T taking them everyone would be all "She's Bipolar and won't stay on her meds!". Really, you make it hard to "trust you" when you say that kind of stuff. I'm sorry but I'm a "give it to ya straight" type myself and to judge her like that is wrong.

As I like to say tongue-in-cheek, my clients don't go to jail...

A huh, well that is a good slogan for your billboard. :)

Are you ever going to spill on Yuri? Cos, it sounds somewhat personal. I'm guessing you have come into contact with him around the traps.

You say her lawyer, you mean the first lawyer corrections officer corrections officer Silvia Hernandez referred her to, Andrea Armas, the finger pointing former Seminole County public defender, or the second lawyer, William Bryan, the Yale graduate former United States Prosecutor from Miami who knows how to obtain a Rule 35(b) Motion for Reduction of Sentence.

In one of KC's letters to Robyn she mentions that Jose Baez hooked her up with Michael and Michelle Walsh to help with her case. Wonder what help they delivered. They were also helping with KC's case.

But, they did, to an extent. The investigator who dictated the FDLE report opined that he found Robyn to be truthful.

Look, I want this as bad as anybody, BUT, I certainly don't want for Yuri Melich to be discredited at the last minute when he is on the stand. I'd rather find out NOW if using Robyn Adams testimony is a terrible strategy.

Good heavens! I just had a horrible OJ Simpson trial flashback!

Heaven forbid! That's why the SA shouldn't put RA on the stand unless her testimony was rock-solid and her credibility will hold up on cross. Besides, the more the SA throws in that's unnecessary the more messy their case will become. Then we will have another OJ on our hands. I'm quaking in my boots just thinking about it.

Look up a Rule 35(b) motion and you will understand localgirlson.

So the theory is that Adams, Hernandez and Derkovic orchestrated all of this so Adams could benefit from a reduced sentence?

Was Benhaida theoretically in on this too-- or what's the significance of the Adams, Derkovic and Benhaida calls being simultaneously released at this time?

Rule 35. Reducing a Sentence

(b) Reducing a Sentence for Substantial Assistance.

(1) In General.

Upon the government's motion made within one year of sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant, after sentencing, provided substantial assistance in investigating or prosecuting another person.

(2) Later Motion.

Upon the government's motion made more than one year after sentencing, the court may reduce a sentence if the defendant's substantial assistance involved:

(A) information not known to the defendant until one year or more after sentencing;

(B) information provided by the defendant to the government within one year of sentencing, but which did not become useful to the government until more than one year after sentencing; or

(C) information the usefulness of which could not reasonably have been anticipated by the defendant until more than one year after sentencing and which was promptly provided to the government after its usefulness was reasonably apparent to the defendant.

(3) Evaluating Substantial Assistance.

In evaluating whether the defendant has provided substantial assistance, the court may consider the defendant's presentence assistance.

(4) Below Statutory Minimum.

When acting under Rule 35(b), the court may reduce the sentence to a level below the minimum sentence established by statute.

I do not think that this is what Robyn was going for, she had already discussed it with her attorney and her attorney already said no it wouldn't help.

Which attorney? Andrea Armas, the former Seminole County Public Defender who graduated from St. Thomas University or William Bryan, the former Assistant United States Attorney who graduated from Yale.

Check that FDLE report a little closer and then ask yourself, if I was in a jam, who would I listen to: a former Seminole County Public Defender who graduated from St. Thomas University or a former Assistant United States Attorney who graduated from Yale.

Do the math...

--emphasis mine

I take it you are not looking to chum up and be Mr. Bryan's BFF after this, huh? :D

So the theory is that Adams, Hernandez and Derkovic orchestrated all of this so Adams could benefit from a reduced sentence?

Was Benhaida theoretically in on this too-- or what's the significance of the Adams, Derkovic and Benhaida calls being simultaneously released at this time?

Actually, I think they are all "romantically" interested in each other. But that is a working hypothesis and I am not to be held to that by anyone.

Yuri? C'mon

I'll rely on Yuri's years and years and years of criminal education, experience and knowledge as the truth of what happened in this case, over an internet poster's view of what simply "appears to be", but thanks all the same.

Don't be dissin' LE. :gavel:

Will do - but I can see you're standing on one side of the tracks saying the train is going that way for accidental - and I'm on the other side of the tracks saying no - the train is going that way to the big house for LWOP. One more nail in the tracks to help that train, even if its from a jail house snitch is just fine with me. Albeit a reluctant jail house snitch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member