Ron Jr.'s Fate

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Florida Social Services should remove Ron Jr. from his father Ron Sr?

• Yes

Votes: 140 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.9%
  • Put him in Foster Care

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Let him live with stable family members!

Votes: 80 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My prayer for Rj is his parents learn to put his best interests first in spite of everything else. I pray he knows he is loved by his entire family and knows his sister will always be part of that family. I also pray he continues to be with Ronald in the comfort of the people he has grown up with surrounding him. This is the only "home" he knows and where he should be since his life has been turned upside down by losing his sister. Bless his heart. He shouldn't have to lose everything because of what happened to her since losing her was too much already.

Yup, every summer all the boys around here sport shaved heads. Like the day after the last school day they all go bald.

Yup, every summer all the boys around here sport shaved heads. Like the day after the last school day they all go bald.

My curly rescued terrier mix breed would certainly appreciate the same! :)

In all fairness, Jr hasn't had anything close to stable living conditions in the past year. He's had at least 4 separate residences: Living with TN and Ronald, moving into the first home which was too small, moving into the second MH where Haleigh disappeared, and now living with GGM. I would not consider all that constant upheaval as "comfort."

My son is African-American and we shave his head like that all of the time!....:)

He likes it!

I was just asking because Jr's head appears like it was shaved with a razor and I am not used to seeing young boys with razor cut bald heads. We in the South love a young boy's or a man's buzz cut...just not flat out razor cut bald heads. Just not what I have seen before.

In all fairness, Jr hasn't had anything close to stable living conditions in the past year. He's had at least 4 separate residences: Living with TN and Ronald, moving into the first home which was too small, moving into the second MH where Haleigh disappeared, and now living with GGM. I would not consider all that constant upheaval as "comfort."
Military, construction, and other families are often uprooted several times and sometimes during a one year span. Should we take away their children because we deem them to be unstable? No. Are their children comforted by having their families by their side during those moves? Yes.

I see nothing wrong with moving into a place and upgrading. I also understand the desire to move Rj and the family in with other family because of the situation. This in no way constitutes an unstable environment for Rj. They are not living out of a bus and moving from town to town. They are not motel hopping. They have been consistent in his care and his surroundings.

IMO, having multiple "almost mommies" is also disruptive. Yesterday, my dear neighbor shared the story of her growing up after her mom died. Her father married 2 additional times, neither worked out. But each time, my neighbor truely loved the woman her father brought into her life. Between step mommies, she lived with an aunt. Everytime there was a new mommy, she had to leave the aunt. My sweet neighbor lost not one but multiple mommies (and, after the divorces, the extended families that came with two of those mommies.) Maybe Jr is too young to remember anyother GFs as "almost mommies". Probably he is. And, I have to tell you that my neighbor turned out more than fine - she is a wonderful mother, a wonderful friend, a wonderful person. But, if I could've done anything to spare her the hurt she expressed......

I hope for JR's sake that both sides of the families can work together and the hostility can stop. I do believe uprooting him from RC at this time would be very harmful to JR, as RC has been the one constant thing in his life. He has already lost his sissy, though I pray that they will be reunited any day now, I just don't think he should be put thru losing his daddy and the environment he is accustomed to.

I hope for JR's sake that both sides of the families can work together and the hostility can stop. I do believe uprooting him from RC at this time would be very harmful to JR, as RC has been the one constant thing in his life. He has already lost his sissy, though I pray that they will be reunited any day now, I just don't think he should be put thru losing his daddy and the environment he is accustomed to.

I don't think Jr is going anywhere. DCF has had enough time to look in the Ron and Misty, and run down all the "tips", bogus or real, that they received, 3 and a half months now. Kim has had plenty of time to file for custody and I don't think a judge would take Jr away from his primary care giver since he was a baby. Just my opinion.

I would be interested to know what thought prcess was behind the shaving of little butterbean's head? Anyone have insight?

Why does it matter?

Maybe he gets a shaved head at the beginning of summer. Many boys get "scalped" at the beginning of summer.

Maybe it's more of a southern thing. I would love to buzz my hair off in the summer, sure would be much cooler. :crazy:

No doubt that Ron was Jr's custodial parent, but I'm not sure about primary care-taker. IIRC, they lived with his mother, his grandmother and/or various GFs. Unless we were there, we really don't know who actually cared for the children.

I agree Shaymus, for some reason, it is difficult for me to see RC as a "caregiver".

In all honesty...a parent of a child has moments when they don't always make the right choices or decisions. Crystal and Ronald both have a past history of questionable acts. In the 30 before Haleigh went missing it seemed as though they were both trying to make better choices. I see them both as capable of providing a good home to RJ. God forbid any of us were put into this position. Would you like explaining your past? DCF should have concluded their investigation...I could be wrong. But, we should be focusing on Haleigh missing not a custody battle, not past drug use, not Crystal and Ronalds partners, each will come up insufficient in areas. This drama is one of the reasons a missing child investigation went off track. In my opinion.

Why does it matter?

Maybe he gets a shaved head at the beginning of summer. Many boys get "scalped" at the beginning of summer.

Scalping with a buzz cut is a totally different thing than a parent sitting a child down and actually shaving his head with a razor or straight edge. There is a difference.

No doubt that Ron was Jr's custodial parent, but I'm not sure about primary care-taker. IIRC, they lived with his mother, his grandmother and/or various GFs. Unless we were there, we really don't know who actually cared for the children.
In our family, we all play a large part in raising the grands, especially ones with special needs, which includes the grandparents, aunts, great aunts, parents, and great grandparents. I have always thought it is what families are supposed to do! It is a good thing Haleigh and Rj have the loving support of everyone surrounding them.

Scalping with a buzz cut is a totally different thing than a parent sitting a child down and actually shaving his head with a razor or straight edge. There is a difference.
Yes...it is great if you have a grooming set with an electric hair trimmer! Not everyone can afford such a luxury item used once a year or so. My guess is they used an electric face razor.

What difference does it make? How, when, or how often Rj gets a haircut is really not any of our business, imo.

I can't quote the post but are you saying RC could NOT afford a clipper set? He has a flat screen tv, computers, cell phones and a pretty nice truck. He has multiple expensive tats...how would a 29.95 product set him back?

I can't quote your post but are you saying RC could NOT afford a clipper set? He has a flat screen tv, computers, cell phones and a pretty nice truck. He has multiple expensice tats...how would a 29.95 product or as you say, "luxury item", set him back?
He sure didn't appear to be living "high on the hog" to me. Is it wrong a man saved money to buy a flat screen television? Do you know if he bought the computer or if it perhaps was a gift to the family? Telephones are an essential. Last time I checked...so were vehicles.

We do know the last tat he got was a gift. I don't believe it is wrong for a man to spend his money on something which he feels is "spiritual" to him since he earned it himself while he was working.

Again...what makes how Rj got his haircut our business?!

Bringing up how a childs hair is cut, or buzzed more than borders on the petty side, good grief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot