Ron Jr.'s Fate

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think Florida Social Services should remove Ron Jr. from his father Ron Sr?

• Yes

Votes: 140 47.1%
  • No

Votes: 68 22.9%
  • Put him in Foster Care

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • Let him live with stable family members!

Votes: 80 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad and my grandmother used to let me drive like that a lot, too.

People used to do a lot of things in the "good old days" but today we know they aren't safe. Once again we have the "double standard". Crystal is holding JR in the picture and that's horrible, yet Ron lets Haleigh sit on his lap and "drive" and that's a family togetherness. Go figure. Guess it depends which side the coin lands on - heads, Ron wins, tails, Crystal loses.

My opinion only

Having Junior out of his carseat while it was moving (if it was, which, IMO, it was) is against the law. Which, we all know, but here it is from the FL DMV's website:

Summary of Mandatory Seat Belt Laws
Seat belt laws apply to all cars, pickup trucks, and vans operated on Florida roads.

All passengers in the front seat must wear a seat belt.

All passengers under 18 must wear a seat belt

Florida Child Restraint Requirements
Children 3 and younger must be secured in a federally approved child-restraint seat.

Children 4 through 5 must be secured by either a federally approved child restraint seat or safety belt.
http://www.dmvflorida.org/seat-belt-laws.shtml

Junior was 4 in April, so the bolded part is what applies in this situation.

Was Haleigh sitting in a car seat when Ron had her in his lap "driving"? That's against the law too, ain't it?

I must have missed the interview where Ronald said that, if someone can post the link please, TIA.

Was Haleigh sitting in a car seat when Ron had her in his lap "driving"? That's against the law too, ain't it?

Seems most people don't believe that Ron picked her up at the bus stop. They believe Misty was the one that picked her up.

Do you believe Ron picked her up at the bus stop, Blackwatch? ;)

ETA - I didn't see Mish's post when I wrote mine.

It is not within the realm of logical reasoning to excuse 'driving the car' and condemn holding a child in the backseat while a car is moving. It doesn't matter if she "drove" 50 yards or 5 blocks....it was EXTREMELY dangerous and completely illegal. A sudden stop could crush a small child between the adult and the steering wheel with very little speed. It happens dozens of times each year with children riding in this manner on go carts and three/four wheelers at low speeds that adults THINK are safe. In fact, the possibility of Haleigh receiving internal injuries by riding in the car in this way is something that should be seriously considered in her "disappearance".

People used to do a lot of things in the "good old days" but today we know they aren't safe. Once again we have the "double standard". Crystal is holding JR in the picture and that's horrible, yet Ron lets Haleigh sit on his lap and "drive" and that's a family togetherness. Go figure. Guess it depends which side the coin lands on - heads, Ron wins, tails, Crystal loses.

My opinion only
There is a HUGE difference of a little girl sitting on her daddy's lap steering down the street of a mh park with zero traffic on it and holding a child while going 60 mph in a car on a highway.

There is a HUGE difference of a little girl sitting on her daddy's lap steering down the street of a mh park with zero traffic on it and holding a child while going 60 mph in a car on a highway.

Yeppers ;)

Not really. What if the child grabs the wheel in excitement and steers into a tree? If someone were to back out of their drive-way and into a car traveling to their own drive-way, wouldn't the air bag inflate? How would that work out for a child on an adult's lap? An accident can happen anywhere.

Couple things, until someone can tell me what F-stop and exposure setting were being used there's no way to determine if the car is moving except it's an opinion.

F stops and exposure settings are often used to make the subject clear and background blurred. Also they can be used to make things in the foreground and background clear.

Look at the photo again, you can tell it was taken from someone in the front seat to CS in the rear passenger seat. So far everything I've seen is just someones IMO.

Do I have to prove the pictures of subject and background blurs?

I know nothing about F stops and exposure settings, but the pic was taken with a blackberry if that helps.

Couple things, until someone can tell me what F-stop and exposure setting were being used there's no way to determine if the car is moving except it's an opinion.

F stops and exposure settings are often used to make the subject clear and background blurred. Also they can be used to make things in the foreground and background clear.

Look at the photo again, you can tell it was taken from someone in the front seat to CS in the rear passenger seat. So far everything I've seen is just someones IMO.

Do I have to prove the pictures of subject and background blurs?

I know nothing about F stops and exposure settings, but the pic was taken with a blackberry if that helps.

Well not really, that would be a point and shoot. Perhaps someone with a blackberry could create a look alike picture with it though. Only thing I can say from the pic is she's in the rear seat, ty.

There is NO excuse for anyone to let a child (or an adult for that matter) to sit in a moving car not restrained with a seatbelt or an adequate child seat. Not for Ron, not for Crystal, not for you, not for me. Now I did survive a childhood of sitting in the backseat of a car with no seatbelts on the backseat but that was just because we never had an accident.

http://www.scienceperspectives.com/Sir-Isaac-and-Seat-Belts.htm

Some interesting quotes:

Throwing Your Arm Out
Many parents mistakenly believe they can restrain an unbelted child in a sudden stop simply by throwing their arm in front of the child. Newton's second law explains why this won't work. Newton discovered that the faster an object moves, the greater the force required to change its motion. Stopping an unbelted 50 lb child in a 45 mph crash by throwing an arm in front of the child would be like trying to stop a 1000 lb steer from trotting past you at 10 mph with an extended arm. Both feats require the same amount of energy!

Infant in the Lap
One of the most dangerous places for an infant to ride in a car is in the lap of an unbelted mother. In a crash, the infant has little chance for survival. Imagine a 120 lb woman holding a baby in her lap in a car that crashes into a stationary object at a mere 30 mph. When the car stops, the baby and mother keep traveling forward at 30 mph. The baby smashes into the dashboard at that speed but the worse is yet to come. At 30 mph, the mother then smashes the baby into the dashboard from behind with a force of over 1,200 lbs! Even if the mother is belted in, she will not be strong enough to hold the baby in her arms. In a 30 mph crash, a twenty pound infant will pull away with a force of over 200 pounds.

Most crash deaths occur within 25 miles of home at speeds under 40 mph. Seat belts should be used on every trip, no matter how short.

Crushing between the steering wheel and the adult in whose lap the child is sitting does a good bit of damage too, not to mention an airbag.

There is NO excuse for anyone to let a child (or an adult for that matter) to sit in a moving car not restrained with a seatbelt or an adequate child seat. Not for Ron, not for Crystal, not for you, not for me. Now I did survive a childhood of sitting in the backseat of a car with no seatbelts on the backseat but that was just because we never had an accident.

Some interesting quotes:

Crushing between the steering wheel and the adult in whose lap the child is sitting does a good bit of damage too, not to mention an airbag.

Air bags can KILL children - that's why they must be in the back seat until they're a certain ht/wt. The more we discuss this, the more dangerous and irresponsible Ron's act becomes. I wonder if he was that casual in other areas of the children's lives?

My opinion only

Some interesting quotes:

Agreed. And lest anyone think that driving close to home is some sort of safety buffer, the majority of all accidents occur close to home, 23% under one mile away. (http://www.caraccessories.com/articles/Accidents-Close-To-Home.asp)

not that i think it is a big deal about JR's hair, personally living here in FL i can say my 7 year olds head looks the same. It is easier to cut and to keep up, and keep the head clean. i have to cut it about every 2 1/2- 3 months. as far as the vehicle, i feel CS is in the back seat of a surburban type vehicle, as you can see behind her, there are no seals where the door would be. I can say though i do feel the vehicle is moving b/c look at the window shot, it is blurry.

i think JR has been through enough trama to last him a life time, and for that simple fact, i feel he should be left in the care of his father. Should some sort of incriminating information be revealed then, i might change my mind. i think at this point, if JR were to be removed from RC, it is going to effect him emotionally, in a very bad way. He has already lost his sissy.

IT seems that there is one standard for RC...he can break every law ever written and some will defend him....for God only knows what reason. Crystal can do something...and there is rioting and calls for stringing her up. Oh and in case you need clarification...that was meant figuratively.

It is not within the realm of logical reasoning to excuse 'driving the car' and condemn holding a child in the backseat while a car is moving. It doesn't matter if she "drove" 50 yards or 5 blocks....it was EXTREMELY dangerous and completely illegal. A sudden stop could crush a small child between the adult and the steering wheel with very little speed. It happens dozens of times each year with children riding in this manner on go carts and three/four wheelers at low speeds that adults THINK are safe. In fact, the possibility of Haleigh receiving internal injuries by riding in the car in this way is something that should be seriously considered in her "disappearance".

But see RC is the one who did that...and he is given extra-legal status...if he does it, it's not bad, 'kay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader