Ronald proposes to Misty

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greta V just reported that they plan to get married later this week

Greta just said "the couple plans to get married later this week."

Later on when this story is no longer in the news and Ron and Misty are married and IF Haleigh is never found, or if she is found dead, will Ron start blaming Misty for the loss of his child? Will he become abusive, if he is not already? Might this be dangerous to her? I don't think at this time either one of them can make a rational decision. They are under extreme stress. I wish they would wait a little longer. I fear this decison will not turn out well. Too many life stressors.

OMGosh! Ok, now this is just my opinion...but...it seems as though somebody in the knowledge of law could have enlightened RC as to the ramifications of everything brought to light. While it may seem irrational for anyone closely involved in this case to become engaged, for RC it may have been a smart move. I'd probably bet that several people have complained to LE that RC hasn't been charged with an offense relating to MC's age. In my eyes, this might have been a smart move by RC, even strategic maybe...but then again, who are we to judge. He would not have to testify against MC (if it ever came down to that), and it would emancipate MC from any wrong doing (in regards to their relationship) when in comparison to their ages. Wow! I feel so bad for them, all of them. I sure hope their relationship ends up well, and we're all worrying about nothing. For some reason, though, I'm not thinking that to be the case...and it's worrisome. Maybe they're just latching onto each other b/c that's where they find the most comfort...could that explain it? Man, I feel so bad for these young people. There's small children involved, even if Haleigh is never found, and I wonder how this will impact them. I think of Ron Jr. and how this will effect him when compiled on top of his sister being abducted or missing. I just hope and pray that it all ends up well...and with good intentions behind everything.
Yes, me, too. I think it's a good thing. These types of losses could drive a couple apart. I think they are very close. Some 17 years olds are very mature. I was, I'd already raised my siblings when I married at 17.

With regard to how Haleigh would have wanted this marriage to take place:

I'm going out on a limb and will say that Haleigh no doubt would have rather had awakened the next day in her own bed, wet or dry, and gone off to school. Right at this minute, I doubt she'd be dreaming of how happy Misty is that Ron has asked her to marry him.

I have a hard time imagining that a 5 year old would care if dad married his girlfriend.

All right, I had to just get up out of bed when I heard this proposal news on Greta. I'm probably rehashing what many of you have said but I had to say something. This is one of the most bizarre things I've heard of. They are getting married this week? My first instinct says they are getting married because of spousal privilege in court dealings. If they are in on this disappearance and both know what happened, they would not have to talk or testify against one another now, would they?

And proposing at a Chile's restaurant less a month after your child disappears? IMO, tacky, oddly timed and just plain weird.

What's the rush with the marriage? There is something too strange about this...

In my opinion Ron does not have good decision making skills. Marrying a 17 year old in the middle of his daughters unsolved disappearance only serves to reinforce that opinion.

Greta just said "the couple plans to get married later this week."

Is she pregnant?

I personally don't care one iota about them sleeping together and in no way believe he would face charges, that is unless she is pregnant. Those are the cases the state can pursue without family cooperation (you cannot prove they are sleeping together at this point, not at a legal level).

Getting married this week seems urgent.

I have a hard time imagining that a 5 year old would care if dad married his girlfriend.
Maybe if Crystal was involved at all, but not when Haleigh has a mother whom I am sure she loves.

Thanks for the clarification, SWAG1959. I've been wondering about the timing on this for a long time. If that's the case, I don't even find it odd.

Sorry OT, but this sound like CSI Mami show tonight:confused:

Is she pregnant?

I personally don't care one iota about them sleeping together and in no way believe he would face charges, that is unless she is pregnant. Those are the cases the state can pursue without family cooperation (you cannot prove they are sleeping together at this point, not at a legal level).

Getting married this week seems urgent.

I really think it has a lot to do with all the bashing and people saying he should be arrested and go to jail. I have seen those posts on every forum/mb I have read. If they were already planning a wedding next year might as well move it up. I even read one poster brag about it already being in the works for his arrest ( she has a friend in government) This is just my opinion

I don't know what to think about this. It doesn't look good at all.
Why would they do this while Haleigh has been missing a month. Not wait a couple years.
I don't know what I am saying because I don't know what to think.
My first thought was I guess we can stop looking at SO. JMO

Getting married this week? They aren't wasting any time! I guess I was right in my post down under earlier...next week we'll be hearing about their honeymoon.

IMO, all of this is very selfish AND sickening on both Ron and Misty's part.

My first thought was hmmmm... guess Ron is doing the one thing (asking her to marry him) to MAKE MC realllllly think he is on her side!! (But I think it may be a plan to convince her he whole-heartedly believes/trusts her, then wait for her to confess!!) Just saying....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hatchpower