S0, is JB looking for a plea deal now

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please also remember there is a third variable here. Judge S has to sign off on any plea deal, if one were to come across his bench. I have heard of cases where the Judge doesn't agree with the sentence or some portion of the terms of the plea and has thrown it out.

The other interesting variable is that generally the prosecution must confer with the victims family and their thoughts on a plea deal. In this case, the A family doesn't want her to be punished.

But I really really don't see the SA offering any sort of deal. Or at least one that KC would take.

I saw JB with his good buddy Geraldo last night and I was floored when I heard JB say that a plea deal was not out of the question.
My question is, Hey JB you told us approx 659 times that your licorice lovin' client is innocent.............what could she possibly plea TO?

Excellent observation. Are JB and the Anthony's having a contest as to who can screw Casey the most?

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009...adStoriesAreaMain;cbsnewsLeadStoriesSecondary

On "The Early Show", co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez asked Macaluso and fellow Casey Anthony defense attorney Jose Baez how they will "explain the fact that Casey did not report her daughter missing for a month, that she was out partying when Caylee was supposedly missing, and that she lied to investigators trying to help her find Caylee?"

Baez responded, "We feel that Casey has a very compelling reason for her actions, and we plan on laying them out at trial. That's the proper place for us to lay out a defense."

A compelling reason? She has a freakin' "compelling reason" for not reporting her daughter missing for 31 days?! O please let this go to trial. I just gotta hear the "compelling reason."

Compelling reason? Did anyone see a gun to her head while she was bumping and grinding at Fusion? Me neither, so anything less than that is not going to be compelling in my mind. JMO.

JB/Geraldo said last night if a plea was accepted it would most likely be 15 years.

Well JMHO of course but they are fantasizing if they think after everything KC did NOT do, the SA would just be hunky dorey with 15 years, I think NOT!!!!!
30 years, if not more, or go to trial. Again JMHO.

Please also remember there is a third variable here. Judge S has to sign off on any plea deal, if one were to come across his bench. I have heard of cases where the Judge doesn't agree with the sentence or some portion of the terms of the plea and has thrown it out.

The other interesting variable is that generally the prosecution must confer with the victims family and their thoughts on a plea deal. In this case, the A family doesn't want her to be punished.

But I really really don't see the SA offering any sort of deal. Or at least one that KC would take.

Now there's a twist- ask the Anthonys what they think would be appropriate punishment! :banghead: Let me guess- leniency?

Compelling reason? Did anyone see a gun to her head while she was bumping and grinding at Fusion? Me neither, so anything less than that is not going to be compelling in my mind. JMO.

Yes, we have seen some of her compulsions. Lies, promiscuity, theft,to name but a few.

I saw JB with his good buddy Geraldo last night and I was floored when I heard JB say that a plea deal was not out of the question.
My question is, Hey JB you told us approx 659 times that your licorice lovin' client is innocent.............what could she possibly plea TO?
JB and family will continue to declare her innocence,but will claim KC would never get a fair trial,that she's already been found guilty in the court of public opinion and he just can't risk her life.

JB and family will continue to declare her innocence,but will claim KC would never get a fair trial,that she's already been found guilty in the court of public opinion and he just can't risk her life.

Oh, good one, Miss James. That way they could exit and he could 'save face' .

The plea ship sailed a LONG, LONG time ago. No way in hell is one going to be offered. The state KNOWS that the perp viciously murdered her own sweet little daughter. They know she tossed her little body out like it rubbish. They know she waltzed in and out of the A home (while G&C were out) without a care in the world, all the while KNOWING that her baby was rotting away just around the corner. They have rock solid proof that she partied, tattoed, and slept her way around orlando while Caylee was wrapped up in duct tape and garbage bags in a swamp.

The state will NEVER accept nor offer "accident" as a valid explaination of this evidence.

JB may be trying to pave the way for it but its not going to happen. Ever.

JMHO of course :)

I agree with all of what you said but I'm of the firm belief that it's almost never too late to plea out if the State gets what they feel is just punishment. They may have put the DP back on just hoping to get a plea of LWOP or life with possible parole after so many years. They may feel she deserves to die and want to see it happen but they also have to think of the expense, hung jury, aquittal, appeals etc. A handful of taxpaying Floridians saying they want to see their tax money spent on a trial as apposed to a plea isn't going to be the deciding factor. In the end prosecutors and judges have a responsibility to see justice served and they may feel that a plea is the most assured way of doing that.

Most of us want to see her fry for the reasons you mentioned but in the end the most important thing is assurance that she'll pay for her crimes to whatever extent the State feels is just. You don't get that assurance in a trial.

I would send a few dollars if it would help...

Now there's a twist- ask the Anthonys what they think would be appropriate punishment! :banghead: Let me guess- leniency?

Forgiveness.
Isn't that what KC said that CA and GA should tell the kidnappers, "They forgive them"?. That is what CA/GA would prolly think appropriate punishment for KC, forgiveness, promise and pinkie swear she'll never do it again.

If she were to take a plea deal (if one was ever offered) then she would not be required to make a confession. Unless it was a condition of the plea deal. In my opinion, no way would KC take a plea deal where she had to admit out loud what she did to Caylee. No way ...

Then I say, "No deal, Howie!"

Forgiveness.
Isn't that what KC said that CA and GA should tell the kidnappers, "They forgive them"?. That is what CA/GA would prolly think appropriate punishment for KC, forgiveness, promise and pinkie swear she'll never do it again.

Yes, Cindy does come across as being the forgiving type doesn't she? :sick:

Keep in mind, Casey can plea right up until the case is handed over to the jury for deliberation. What if they take this right down to the wire? Go full on with the trial, then finally plea at the last possible second?

Sobering thought.

If you take a plea deal, don't you have to say what you did in front of the judge?

Forgive for today so she can get access to you to punish you for the rest of your days. Payback x 10.

What's worse, LWOP or Life With CA? KC is safer with LWOP IMHO.

She's not particularly forgiving of 'whannabe' bloggers like us.

Keeps me up at night, it does. :crazy:

This plea business may be looming a little more prominently considering:

After seeing Casey at the last motions hearing, I agree with those who say she looks like reality is sinking in, ( or her attorneys are hopefully knocking it into her head) Personally, I think the Defense has had some "come to Jesus" sessions with each other, if not with the prisoner, and there is just no way that they are going to be able to avoid the
1) 31 days,
2) ugly coping at Fusion
3) dumping of the body near home &
4) finally the duct tape,

I agree with those who have discussed the fact that this "team" is likely dysfunctional, at best, and the cold hard cash is likely a phantom AND public opinion is so strongly against not only the cold hearted murderer, but them as well. Perhaps the idea of negative notoriety is better than no notoriety isn't all that palatable anymore.

My guess that we have not heard much from Henry Lee, & even Mr Dr Badden is that even they know the forensics are deadly for the defense. (Badden mistakenly blabbing on Gretta way back when, about the chloroform in the hair) Bet he slept on the couch that night

ETA; And God knows, if any of them read here ( or anywhere on the forums about this case) the scales of justice are standing strong,there are probably 5 people in the world who question whether Casey could be innocent, and everyone wants justice for that baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member