S0, is JB looking for a plea deal now

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reasons to have a trial, no plea deals:
#1 - The People demand justice for Caylee!!!
#2 - Reveal the truth in a court of law - the evidence speaks volumes
#3 - KC wants to 'go to a neutral place'. A courtroom is a neutral place. All the mounds of evidence at hand (since she won't share the truth with LE) can be weighed on the scales of justice, and she can seize the opportunity to speak the truth (but won't) before she gets locked away and silenced forever
#4 - Allow the KC Dream Team an opportunity to disprove ALL the evidence in a court of law instead of the court of the major networks and be done with it. After all, they insist the truth will be told at trial.
#5- CA/GA must be made to speak and hear the facts and be silenced of their enabling lies forever
#6 - Permit LA to use his subpoena to its fullest and finally answer to all that he knows
#7 - Allow LE, TES et al an opportunity to speak to the facts/truth/evidence in a court of law

July 22/08 video of CA saying she is a 'Nurse of Decomposition': [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRNmm7fN1xU"]YouTube - Cindy Anthony 7/22/08[/ame]

I really hope CBS' ratings are good enough, they can call in for some pizzas for the A's while they're doing taping. And...that the place is timely...you know how that decomp smell gets going when pizza sits around for a while. I hate that. Psst...I didn't know there's an actual job titled "decomp nurse".

On LA, I'm hoping he's finally changed his spots - according to Luka and it seemed like he screamed it when it came out CA and Get-A-Set were being paid for stuff...LA has received several unsolicited offers and has flat out said no. He's also been missing in court and I'm crossing my fingers, toes, eyes that he's finally decided it's caylee's turn since what should have been her turn was cut SHORT. Mish

#3 - KC wants to 'go to a neutral place'. A courtroom is a neutral place. All the mounds of evidence at hand (since she won't share the truth with LE) can be weighed on the scales of justice, and she can seize the opportunity to speak the truth (but won't) before she gets locked away and silenced forever
#4 - Allow the KC Dream Team an opportunity to disprove ALL the evidence in a court of law instead of the court of the major networks and be done with it. After all, they insist the truth will be told at trial.
#5- CA/GA must be made to speak and hear the facts and be silenced of their enabling lies forever
#6 - Permit LA to use his subpoena to its fullest and finally answer to all that he knows
#7 - Allow LE, TES et al an opportunity to speak to the facts/truth/evidence in a court of law

July 22/08 video of CA saying she is a 'Nurse of Decomposition': YouTube - Cindy Anthony 7/22/08

It's my conviction that the public's disgust for KC and, in my case...the whole fam...is not largely due to what JB refers to as "leaks" tainting her image.

Here's my opinion... I think we're a compassionate nation (if you want, nations...since this case is international) and for me at least, my disgust was close to I'm gonna snap even before we knew anything about the investigation. That's 25% of the disgust factor for me. The other 75% of the disgust in my opinion comes from a public that's watched a child's family gravitate so far from standing up for, and honoring her. If KC is not the killer, we never even heard her stand up for her. Her other family has never screamed from the rooftops "find the person who murdered my child!"

What I'm suggesting is maybe others share my perspective or thoughts - I'm broken and enraged because...what if Caylee's looking down watching, asking do you miss me or think about me. Why didn't you look for me or why aren't you trying to find the person who did this to me. We are protective of Caylee because no one else that should be and she deserves to be, has. Whether KC did this or not, most of my anger comes from no one in that family doing anything for Caylee.

I hear ya! I cringe every time I see CA flashing her Caylee bling, when I hear it clinking against the lode of other bling she dons, all while she's distorting facts in her mean, vile glare, denying Caylee's truth in life (or should I say 'that child') by covering up for KC. They poured money, time and energy in KC's defense. The only effort for Caylee was in pointing fingers at KC's friends or at LE by claiming they weren't doing enough and worst of all, still looking for an alive Caylee while she wears her very ashes. It enrages me and makes me cry at the same time. I tune off any show that makes a comment that 'understandably, they are grieving and in denial'. Media tours, book deals, compensation for Caylee photos...Shame on them!!!

Did you see this commentary by one of NG's regular guests? It reads more like a rant on many of the players but very telling in so many ways...

http://www.halifaxareanewswatch.com/dominic-casey-why-arent-i-on-your-hit-list/

snipped.....

Remember the night last fall… when Casey was out on bail provided by Mr. Padilla… authorities found a handgun in the spare tire well of his Chevrolet HHR.

Let me set you straight on this detail… It seems George got Cindy out of the house to do a bit of shopping. His plan was to retrieve the weapon… find Casey… blow her brains out and then turn the gun on himself.

Dominic Casey doesn’t talk about that… nor do the Anthony’s.

KC's lives by the words..."Everyone Lies Everyone Dies" She will take her lies to her grave before she admits to killing Caylee. It's a matter of principal with KC if she doesn't tell the truth in her sick mind she wins.

That KCs so smooth with her every1 lies, every1 dies. She's tough. I hope that what they say about others prisoners reception of baby killers is true and she ends up getting the dp after a few years in gen pop - the downside to the DP for me...with her is I don't think they put them with gen pop and I'd like them to have a little alone time.

On CA and Get-A-Set A...I'd prefer the state spend money (tax payers - sorry florida friends) on a full trial vs letting her cop a plea - to me, she shouldn't even have a chance for a trial. On the criminality of the other A's - I think LE will just save their money and not bother bringing em up on any charges...no point, someone will prob exact their own justice on them. Not that I'm threatening that in any way...just saying...people are VERY protective of Caylee now - perfect strangers who are broken that the ones who should be invested aren't. Can you imagine how sad it will be when no one is sitting behind the prosecutors for CAYLEE. I just got laid off, at this rate with the pathetic land of opportunity (not) job market, I'll be I won't even be working even if the trials in 2014 - I'll ride my 10-speed from CT if I can't afford to get there any other way to be there for caylee.

WOW - thanks for posted this. It was great to read and comes from someone who may potentially be able to get the inside scoop on Get-A-Sets great idea for stuff to do while CA's shopping. On the other hand, he got annoying when it was announced by nancy and him that he was playing on the defense side so maybe he takes the side that pays and changes or distorts facts for a payoff. Love to hear Get-A-Set being asked about this with a jury listening in.

Did you see this commentary by one of NG's regular guests? It reads more like a rant on many of the players but very telling in so many ways...

snipped.....

Remember the night last fall… when Casey was out on bail provided by Mr. Padilla… authorities found a handgun in the spare tire well of his Chevrolet HHR.

Let me set you straight on this detail… It seems George got Cindy out of the house to do a bit of shopping. His plan was to retrieve the weapon… find Casey… blow her brains out and then turn the gun on himself.

snipped.....

Now, isn't that a beautiful thought. Almost makes me have a shred of respect for the guy(GA).

snipped.....

When I read..

this story has everything… sex…. lies… video tape… and Casey Anthony who “bangs like a screen door in a hurricane!!”

My Oat Meal almost went through my nose.

The problem with a plea is that it allows CA & gang to continue to preach KC's innocence-They'll just say she plead because she was scared or some other crazy excuse.
I don't expect recognition from them that she did something bad, and that it's a little scary when you consider she could be only 40 years old or so when she walks the street again. I would prefer KC be the free woman that took responsibility and thus is less likely to ever do anything illegal again, versus KC being the free martyred woman who continues to scheme and lie, and will be a publicity whoo-a.

The problem with a plea is that it allows CA & gang to continue to preach KC's innocence-They'll just say she plead because she was scared or some other crazy excuse.
I don't expect recognition from them that she did something bad, and that it's a little scary when you consider she could be only 40 years old or so when she walks the street again. I would prefer KC be the free woman that took responsibility and thus is less likely to ever do anything illegal again, versus KC being the free martyred woman who continues to scheme and lie, and will be a publicity whoo-a.

The public doesn't buy it. It would be smarter for the family if they just refused to talk to the media about it. So it would all die down.

Seriously, when they would cry innocent, then that would just be the que to bring out the story of the 31 days, the partying, the remains found with 3 pieces of duck tape covering the mouth and nose, etc..

Which would pretty much ensure that this case is never forgotten.

CBS loves controversy.
Controversy = viewer curiosity= ratings = $$$.
In the absence of talented writers who can produce compelling viewing, they have to produce 'reality shows' where the incompatibilities of the group featured is what they consider entertainment. I'm not going to pay to watch people melt down, and I would never consider watching any interview with the Anthonys by one of these
'Crime Mystery' programs, the mistakes they make and the gullibility of the interviewers who are too lazy to check facts before speaking is too irritating.

As a Floridian, I would never put a price tag on our judicial system seeking justice for anyone that has been murdered. Yes, it would be a HUGE financial strain on the State of Florida for this case to make it all the way to trial only for it to end with an abrupt plea bargain... but, like I said, there is not price tag on seeking justice for those who have been murdered... especially our most innocent... our children.

I've seen cases that last up to ten years...one just as recently as this year here in Fort Myers, Florida and I waited years for this man to pay for murdering his baby only to finally see it happen. I remember clear as day when that babies body was found. I will also remember the day when her father was finally convicted of her murder.

LWOP is the only plea I would want to see for Casey... anything else is a WASTE... A HUGE WASTE.

I too am a FL resident and have been for most of my life. I have had the unfortunate circumstance of also having been part of a plea bargain, but as the victim of a crime. Unlike Caylee, I survived my duct tape. My perp was facing 6 LWOP for rape, 2 LWOP kidnapping, 1 LWOP armed robbery, burglary,2 escape 15 years each and a misdemeanor for killing my dog. He plea bargained down only the rape charges to 1 LWOP because the 6 different times he raped me with 6 different thing including using a gun and knife, he felt that since it happened all at one time (2 hours of torture) it should only be one charge. The SA told me that because of his other LWOP charges and the other charges running one after another he would never get out. With KC even with 1 LWOP charge if her check charges would run after she serves her LWOP then hopefully she will not be eligible for parole. I hate to say it but during the plea deal process it feels like the criminal is in the drivers seat when it comes to negotiating. I also think that FL has changed its laws as far as serving a mandatory sentence of 75% even with gain time. But she will never have to tell or explain anything about the crime. In my instance, I had so many questions that in my mind I needed answered. But to no avail, the perp is now in a FL prison where he has been able to become a licensed dental technician and continuing his education. So once KC becomes comfortable in her new environment who knows she could get a free education and become licensed event planner. All I want is justice for Caylee and KC to truly serve LWOP.:twocents:

I could see Cindy explaining away Casey taking a plea as "she's just protecting the family." Like she is not only "mother of the year" but "daughter and sister of the century."

:sick:

July 22/08 video of CA saying she is a 'Nurse of Decomposition': YouTube - Cindy Anthony 7/22/08

This is what I have never understood about what CA says in this clip (ok, the whole clip is nuts). At one point she starts talking about how she realized she gave LE the wrong date for the last time she saw Caylee, and she says "and I wasn't under duress". OK what??? How the heck would a grandmother, who has a missing grand daughter and a daughter who will tell her nothing but lies, and a death smelling daughter's car-----how could she consider herself NOT under duress? I just don't get it.

IDK, the attorneys(with exception of JB) may be smart enough to see that a plea deal is in KC's best interest but I just can't see KC's ego letting her go that route. And to be honest, I hope she doesn't b/c Caylee deserves HER day in court.

:cow:

IF the state does entertain a plea deal, I am afraid it will disappoint a lot of people, especially here. The defense would not consider LWOP a 'deal' as they probably think they could get this at trial - I would have to agree too. DP is a nice thought, but I just don't see it happening. Please don't jump on me, it is just my opinion. I don't like the fact that I don't think the DP will happen, but I am trying very hard to be realistic. As to what the State would offer - I am pretty sure it would be something along the lines of '25 years to life' with the possibility of parole. I DO think the state would consider a plea deal, just from the standpoint of what a trial would entail - change of venue, length of trial, costs, people involved, complexity of evidence, etc.

When it comes to a plea deal, both sides work to come up with a deal that is agreeable to both sides. How we, the public feel, may be taken into consideration (especially in a high profile case like this) but not always. I think we all need to brace ourselves for the possibility of a '25 years to life' deal, IF any deal is worked out. I can see KC waiting until the very last moment (during trial) to ask for a deal - but that would not be to her advantage. I think that would be the only time the state would suggest a LWOP deal. I guess we will all just have to wait and see, won't we?

Now that I think about it, I think this latest move goes hand in hand with the motion to suppress the family visit videotapes. Perhaps AL has been trying to convince KC to take a plea deal - and maybe she wanted to talk to Mommie Dearest first......................

IMHO, the state won't offer a plea. The case is too solid; they've worked too hard.

And, above all, KC is too dangerous.

That said, I think that if the state DID agree to a plea, it would be LWOP.

I too am a FL resident and have been for most of my life. I have had the unfortunate circumstance of also having been part of a plea bargain, but as the victim of a crime. Unlike Caylee, I survived my duct tape. My perp was facing 6 LWOP for rape, 2 LWOP kidnapping, 1 LWOP armed robbery, burglary,2 escape 15 years each and a misdemeanor for killing my dog. He plea bargained down only the rape charges to 1 LWOP because the 6 different times he raped me with 6 different thing including using a gun and knife, he felt that since it happened all at one time (2 hours of torture) it should only be one charge. The SA told me that because of his other LWOP charges and the other charges running one after another he would never get out. With KC even with 1 LWOP charge if her check charges would run after she serves her LWOP then hopefully she will not be eligible for parole. I hate to say it but during the plea deal process it feels like the criminal is in the drivers seat when it comes to negotiating. I also think that FL has changed its laws as far as serving a mandatory sentence of 75% even with gain time. But she will never have to tell or explain anything about the crime. In my instance, I had so many questions that in my mind I needed answered. But to no avail, the perp is now in a FL prison where he has been able to become a licensed dental technician and continuing his education. So once KC becomes comfortable in her new environment who knows she could get a free education and become licensed event planner. All I want is justice for Caylee and KC to truly serve LWOP.:twocents:

your experience is why I am not a proponent of LWOP as opposed to the DP. I don't agree with the free educational ride and all the outher perks that go to these vermin when decent people , including the victims, have to pay for their education, if they can even get it.

I want to see KC put to death, never to benefit in any way for her erasure of an innocent. And in the case of your assailant, justice was not served. I hate the idea that the honest hard earned sweat of any one is supporting this animal AND educationg him. He should have been put down like one would euthanize a vicious dog. JMO. Bless you ma'am. My heart speaks for you in prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme