Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I thought of this too last night but was on my way to bed and figured I'd bring it up this morning...you mentioned the age range given of the suspect here...1) a 12-14 yo might tend to overestimate age on someone like that. Describing someone as 'late 30’s or early 40’s' could be that they were only in late 20's, possibly even a 'rough looking mid -20's' person, just because to them they were 'older' and you know, to a 12-14 yo, 40 is ancient. and 2) I have to keep reminding myself, because I am guilty of it too, we are all assuming these "POI" are younger. My mind has been tuned into that thought too. However, no where is there any statement from LE that really pinpoints that - and I admit I tend to think it ONLY because of that one statement that was made along the lines of 'these people who claim to be MEN need to be a MAN and come forward with information' (paraphrasing there) - just conjures up in my mind one of those cocky kids who turn 18 and suddenly the "I'm a man." mentality takes over. But again, we really dont have anything solid to tell us the age range of the POI's.

Sea - Yes, that is the left side of the parking lot. There is a divider in the middle and the right side is beside BWR with a small alley separation. I believe it's the same on the left side of this parking lot with the next hotel.

Yes, he was very lucky he wasn't captured somewhere along the way by surveillance. Especially because some places have cams in their elevators.

Thanks for the 'sister resort' info!

(O/T: Fish & Possum...they would have made quite a pair!)

Sea - Yes, that is the left side of the parking lot. There is a divider in the middle and the right side is beside BWR with a small alley separation. I believe it's the same on the left side of this parking lot with the next hotel.

Yes, he was very lucky he wasn't captured somewhere along the way by surveillance. Especially because some places have cams in their elevators.

Thanks for the 'sister resort' info!

(O/T: Fish & Possum...they would have made quite a pair!)

Yeah, I 'walked' the area right there to just south of BWR. This spot - I dont even know the term to use, will just say 'interests' me. Looks secluded...right at the edge of the building at BWR coming to the parking lot of HRP.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q....42&ll=33.66976,-78.905746&spn=0,0.15398&z=13

"Especially because some places have cams in their elevators."
Yep...Somehow he felt very safe where he was and what he was doing.

*** dumb question___ whats the diff between murder and homicie?
Sorry if this has already been answered. There are only 4 classifications of death in the law: natural, accidental, self-inflicted and homicide. Homicide is basically defined as the death at the hands of someone else (i.e. when a suspect dies in police cusody of a heart attack after a foot pursuit and a struggle with police, it is labeled as a homicide.

Once it is determined it is a homicide, the police gather evidence to determine what crime the person at fault should be charged with, if charged at all. Let's use this example. Gunshots ring out in a house. Police arrive and find the owner of the house standing over a dead body with a pistol in his hand. The dead person was killed with the pistol. This will be investigated as a homicide and the property owner could be charged with numberous crimes, if any at all. If it was an intruder that was threatening, no crime, but still a homicide. If the dead body was a friend and the evidence reveals negligent behavior, negligent homicide. If the dead body was his wife's lover that he caught with his wife, 2nd degree murder, or crime of passion. If the dead body was his busines partner on whom he had recent troubles with and had a life insurance policy and lured him over to kill him--first degree murder.

Basically, all investigations into deaths are treated as homicides, until the facts dictate what crime should be charged, if any at all.

Sorry if this has already been answered. There are only 4 classifications of death in the law: natural, accidental, self-inflicted and homicide. Homicide is basically defined as the death at the hands of someone else (i.e. when a suspect dies in police cusody of a heart attack after a foot pursuit and a struggle with police, it is labeled as a homicide.

Once it is determined it is a homicide, the police gather evidence to determine what crime the person at fault should be charged with, if charged at all. Let's use this example. Gunshots ring out in a house. Police arrive and find the owner of the house standing over a dead body with a pistol in his hand. The dead person was killed with the pistol. This will be investigated as a homicide and the property owner could be charged with numberous crimes, if any at all. If it was an intruder that was threatening, no crime, but still a homicide. If the dead body was a friend and the evidence reveals negligent behavior, negligent homicide. If the dead body was his wife's lover that he caught with his wife, 2nd degree murder, or crime of passion. If the dead body was his busines partner on whom he had recent troubles with and had a life insurance policy and lured him over to kill him--first degree murder.

Basically, all investigations into deaths are treated as homicides, until the facts dictate what crime should be charged, if any at all.

Thanks ,now all that does make sense, thanks for explaining it,,,

I hope we get more info soon, this is starting to cool off.

This has been a question on alot of different cases. Thanks for explaining.

Bump.

Can't stand having to search for Britt after the first page. She doesn't deserve it.
I always look for her first :)

Sorry I have not been to active lately --- I have been lurking though... I am glad y'all are still brainstorming, theorizing, discussing. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.. Not a day goes by that I don't think about this poor girl and what may have happened to her. I am SO ready for some answers, some peace for her family, and justice for those who may have harmed Brittanee...

Who wants to help me plan my next area of interest drive around? I know a lot of you are better with these maps than I ... make some suggestions, some places I may have missed.

Have a nice weekend every1 ! ! ! (I am going out of town for search/poster distribution for Sunday Blombergh in Georgia - wish me luck)

:crazy:

Who wants to help me plan my next area of interest drive around? I know a lot of you are better with these maps than I ... make some suggestions, some places I may have missed.

Have a nice weekend every1 ! ! ! (I am going out of town for search/poster distribution for Sunday Blombergh in Georgia - wish me luck)

Good luck with Sunday's search....Gosh I hope we hear something out of that case soon. Her poor daughter...ugh.

Anyway, I don't care where you go, but I REALLY want you to stop by Santee Delta West and find the LE marker for where the glasses were found. I want to know if they were ACTUALLY too far inland to have travelled downstream, or if it's possible that they could have come from upstream, near the corner loop rd community/area.

Sorry I have not been to active lately --- I have been lurking though... I am glad y'all are still brainstorming, theorizing, discussing. I enjoy reading everyone's thoughts.. Not a day goes by that I don't think about this poor girl and what may have happened to her. I am SO ready for some answers, some peace for her family, and justice for those who may have harmed Brittanee...

Just had to pop up for a sec to say this:
Matt, you are the man! Keep up your great work on behalf of these girls!

Anyone have any contacts for the GT times or any local newspapers? I keep e-mailing them and they won't write back?

Anyone have any contacts for the GT times or any local newspapers? I keep e-mailing them and they won't write back?

Doc,
they dont reply back to us locals,
i do know tho that in anymore news articles ,we wont be hearing from Lt.Johnson, we have new man now that do all talking briefings on any case with news media,,,

Doc,
they dont reply back to us locals,
i do know tho that in anymore news articles ,we wont be hearing from Lt.Johnson, we have new man now that do all talking briefings on any case with news media,,,

Thanks for the info Rose, I guess I will have to go a different route then. That is odd about Johnson, wonder if they are bringing in a "pro" or someone more experienced to speak.

this just been breaking news (few hrs ago) not on BD but seems our troubles at beach are starting

Attempted abduction reported at beach access
Posted: May 14, 2010 1:18 PM EDT
Updated: May 14, 2010 2:04 PM EDT

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police are investigating a report of someone trying to abduct one or two children at a beach access area on Friday.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=12483380

Thanks for the info Rose, I guess I will have to go a different route then. That is odd about Johnson, wonder if they are bringing in a "pro" or someone more experienced to speak.

Doc, not sure why,, he didnt lose his job, says he had to many duties and ,so they picked another police office to do all media reporting in news on cases etc,, it was post in Gtown Times paper here link you can read about it!!

http://www.gtowntimes.com/local/Sheriff-s-Office-has-a-new-spokesman2010-05-12T09-52-59

on this piece i just posted on aduction in MB ,i can say from posts on the news site people in MB still know about BD ,several ask if it wasnt seem area that BD went missing from,im try copy there comments here::

WMBF News
Attempted abduction reported at beach access
www.wmbfnews.com
MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police are investigating after they received a report of someone trying to abduct one or two children at a beach access area on Friday.
about an hour ago · :Comment ·LikeUnlike · Share

Jeffrey Allender:: Scary. That is why everyone needs to watch their children very closely this summer!!!!

Jeffrey Allender: There are sick dimented people in this world!

:paula Marinko: I pray they catch this person..Just shows us, none of our children are really safe.

Debbie Evans Smithey: its that about the same place Brittany drexel was last seen? sicko....in the world...every parent needs to teach there children to scream "stranger danger 911" ( loud and over and over)......most kids get took from public places and people think its the parents taking the child out the store...i have tought my kids this when they were small... have them practice it...its funny to watch them ....i made it a game what do you do when a stranger ------?

Nick Vargo: I'm shocked that a member of the media finally decided to give a decent description of the guy. Half the time, the Sun News will leave out the person's skin color.

Kate Martin: Drexel was last seen way farther south.
This makes my stomach hurt though! My husband thinks I'm crazy because I won't take go to the beach alone. This is why!:

:Tammy Lynn Henderson: I never take my kids to the park or beach by myself. I have 3 kids...so they scatter in different directions...I may be over protective, but Im ok with that!

:Jackie Fries Broussard:: BRAVO to the witness and Dunes Village manager for reporting the incident and getting a description of the man and his vehicle. I hope it helps to find him.

Erica Ferdinand :Everyone should always be extra vigilant at the beach and really everywhere. About a month ago, I was at the beach with my daughter and caught a guy taking pictures of her. I confronted him and saw the pics on his camera and there were TONS of kids' pictures on his camera. Reported him to the police immediately. Sick sick people in the world nowadays......

Heather Sibley Clark: Sick! I hope they find this person!

Good luck in Georgia. Thanks for all the leg work you have done for Britt you rock!!!!

http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=140306

Sunday the medical examiner's office determined the remains are that of a white female, late teens to early twenties, approximately five feet tall.

Have been trying to determine if the remains of this "young white female" were ever identified. It is like it never happened or at least they are not mentioning it anymore. It has seemed strange to me that the LE in that area where this body was found stated they are checking with LE within about a 100 mile radius. Do they not think this poor girl may have been from somewhere really a lot further than just 100 miles??? I know someone on WS did a google map of where she was found in Guilford County, NC in relationship to MB and we discussed it a little. I think our concensus was it was probably not BD, but it still bugs me about the 100 mile radius statement. There was enough evidence there to match with dental records, DNA, and of course fingerprints if they will just branch out and contact any and all jurisdictions with a missing girl that could fit this description; i.e. white female, late teens to early 20's, approximately 5 ft. Just wondering why more information has not come out. Does it take this long to get DNA and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove