Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had this thought tonight when reading about the missing UVA student. I don't think I'm that old but maybe I am. I went to college in the mid 90's and spent a LOT of Thursday nights out at the bars with my friends and sorority sisters. We always looked out for one another. We knew who rode with whom and kept our eye out for our friends. I remember more than once seeing an intoxicated friend meander toward the exit alone. And EVERY time one of us would grab that person (s). We never let one out alone and we never left a person behind. At the end of the night, we knew who each girl was riding with back to school. Every girl was accounted for. So on that...it amazes me that Brittanee's friends were okay with her walking the strip alone...even if they weren't getting on well with her, it just boggles my mind. How was that alright?

Wvredhead.........it's not. But then again they were self absorbed little twerps, imo. I went to MB every spring break and my girlfriends and I never walked alone on the strip.........even during the day! We always had a buddy system!

Just throwing this out there...does anyone think there is a connection to Brittanee's disappearance and Heather Elvis'? I know there has been an arrest in HE's case. Could the same people be responsible for BD's disappearance?

Granted, I don't know much about either case. All I know about Brittanee's case I got from her Disappeared episode. And I just started reading the Heather Elvis threads. I just saw that Heather went missing from Myrtle Beach as did Brittanee. So I put 2 and 2 together and went :waitasec:

Just throwing this out there...does anyone think there is a connection to Brittanee's disappearance and Heather Elvis'? I know there has been an arrest in HE's case. Could the same people be responsible for BD's disappearance?

Granted, I don't know much about either case. All I know about Brittanee's case I got from her Disappeared episode. And I just started reading the Heather Elvis threads. I just saw that Heather went missing from Myrtle Beach as did Brittanee. So I put 2 and 2 together and went :waitasec:

Most likely the two cases are not related. Heather was involved with a married man (SM) who along with his wife have been charged with her murder. If Brittanee wasn't killed by the people in the group she was travelling with, she was most likely the victim of a stranger abduction.

Most likely the two cases are not related. Heather was involved with a married man (SM) who along with his wife have been charged with her murder. If Brittanee wasn't killed by the people in the group she was travelling with, she was most likely the victim of a stranger abduction.

:tyou:
I kinda figured they weren't related, but you just never know.
I didn't know that Heather and SM were involved with each other. I just thought SM and his wife randomly abducted and killed Heather.

Really wish LE would just round everyone up again and rattle the trees and see if anything shakes loose. The friends. MB and other RSO's. Guy in Illinois or Indiana or wherever. Everyone.

Anyone think there could be a connection with Brittanee and Jesse Matthew?
I wondered since he was arrested in Houston...could he had been at spring break at Mrtyle Beach

Is there a detailed primer on this case somewhere. I heard about it on the ID show, and it doesn't make sense to me.

Did they say she walked over a mile to see PB at his hotel? Then one her friends rang her and wanted the shorts she had borrowed back? That part sounds bizarre. Who related this information? Do they have text records of this?

The think about PB doesn't sound as weird to me. If she was willing to walk a mile to see him, I can see him not feeling obligated to help her find transportation back, esp if her stated reason was she had to return the clothes she was wearing. If I were PB I would probably think she just doesn't want to see me b/c she got a call from someone she fancied more at some other hotel.

I don't understand why he and his party left at 1am on Sunday. I guess it's so they could be back by late Sunday night in time for the next school week. It seems like they would have been more likely to check out at check out time on Saturday morning and get back home in the middle of the night rather than pay for another day they hardly used. But maybe they were hungover on Sat morning and decided to stay and leave in the middle of the night to maximize their time there.

People are saying her friends refused to take calls from her mother. Were they afraid they'd get in trouble with their parents or perhaps be blamed for some minor mischief they did in SC?

My thought is some random criminal got her, either offering her a ride or pulling her into a vehicle, BUT the part with the shorts doesn't ring true at all. I'd think if she were close enough with someone to borrow clothes she'd get the details squared away before walking a mile in the clothes. And who wants her clothes back after someone else has walked two miles in them. I don't know what it means, but that fact sounds weird. The rest of it sounds like normal teenage drama.

Brittanee sure seemed glued to her phone based on her texting habits and the video with the strange young man from IN. (I am running on memory but IIRC it was IN)
Do you have a link about the guy from IN? I hadn't heard of him.
And why was Brittanee wearing flip flops in the photo entering the guys hotel when the reason for her walking there was to pic up flip flops she left behind earlier in the day.
Might it have been an excuse to see the guys? It doesn't make sense she had extra flipflops but had to borrow shorts.
Why were the young women so full of contempt towards Britt? It sounds like she spent more time with the men than the women to me.
I wonder if she was tagging along with the women as a favor or request of one of the guys and they were jealous of Britt.
Here is pure conjecture based only on seeing the ID show. It sounds like they were supposed to be her friends. She was a little troubled by her parents' divorce, and sometimes she dealt with it by acting promiscuous. This made her friends jealous and contemptuous of her.

Anyone think there could be a connection with Brittanee and Jesse Matthew?
I wondered since he was arrested in Houston...could he had been at spring break at Mrtyle Beach

She does have a resemblance to both Hannah Graham and Morgan Harrington, but I can't think of anything else to connect the cases. It does make you wonder though.

If she were "snatched and grabbed", it's inexplicable that her phone stays on traveling with the vehicle. One of the last things you would want is your location being tracked (as a perp).
The perp may not have been that smart. He may have thought the phone only communicated when a call was placed. Crime stories involving cell phone evidence were newer back then.

If it was someone she knew or just a stranger that introduced himself and offered her a ride, the perp might have continued the ruse of being a kindly stranger until they got to a secuded spot. He wouldn't immediately overpower her and turn off her phone.

Someone posted a video of her taken by a stranger she met on the road. Clearly she was open to meeting strangers on the road and hanging out with them. It didn't have to be someone she already knew.

Oh I don't doubt that they talk to a lot of people about crimes/potential crimes without lawyers. My point was that if you have the means to do so, it is advisable to always retain a lawyer before being questioned. It doesn't mean you're not going to cooperate. I'll put it this way. If it's my kid...first call I'm making is to a lawyer friend and having them go down to there with my son and me in tow.
I would too. I would probably not get just an attorney friend but would sign a legal services agreement with an attorney who specializes in that area. I would encourage my kid to cooperate but I would use the lawyer as protection to keep the police from wrongly blaming my kid. It's not that I think they're bad. They're human. They may have a psychological desire to solve the crime and may fit facts into a narrative rather than collecting facts in an unbiased way. We all do it. That's why science requires blinded tests. I would hire an attorney for these reasons.

Never know who JM is linked to at this point...wonder if FBI is checking for DNA matches with all these missing young ladies?

Is there a detailed primer on this case somewhere. I heard about it on the ID show, and it doesn't make sense to me.

Did they say she walked over a mile to see PB at his hotel? Then one her friends rang her and wanted the shorts she had borrowed back? That part sounds bizarre. Who related this information? Do they have text records of this?

The think about PB doesn't sound as weird to me. If she was willing to walk a mile to see him, I can see him not feeling obligated to help her find transportation back, esp if her stated reason was she had to return the clothes she was wearing. If I were PB I would probably think she just doesn't want to see me b/c she got a call from someone she fancied more at some other hotel.

I don't understand why he and his party left at 1am on Sunday. I guess it's so they could be back by late Sunday night in time for the next school week. It seems like they would have been more likely to check out at check out time on Saturday morning and get back home in the middle of the night rather than pay for another day they hardly used. But maybe they were hungover on Sat morning and decided to stay and leave in the middle of the night to maximize their time there.

People are saying her friends refused to take calls from her mother. Were they afraid they'd get in trouble with their parents or perhaps be blamed for some minor mischief they did in SC?

My thought is some random criminal got her, either offering her a ride or pulling her into a vehicle, BUT the part with the shorts doesn't ring true at all. I'd think if she were close enough with someone to borrow clothes she'd get the details squared away before walking a mile in the clothes. And who wants her clothes back after someone else has walked two miles in them. I don't know what it means, but that fact sounds weird. The rest of it sounds like normal teenage drama.

BBM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV1ukinNaFo

I think her friends behaved too hinkely starting from the night she went missing. You don't leave someone behind in Myrtle Beach if they came with you. Normal people would refuse to leave before finding her. Instead it appears everyone was going to hightail it out of town without saying a word and leaving stuff behind.
I'd like to know more about their dodgy behavior. At age 39, I wouldn't think of leaving on a trip immediately after a companion disappeared under mysterious circumstances. But 20 years ago at age 19, I might have immediately wanted to be in the safety of my parents' home.

Also, I just so happen to be on a business trip in a foreign country. Some of my colleagues from home went out and I told them I'd meet them downstairs for a beer when they return. Suppose they came back and one of them had disappeared under mysterious circumstances. I would wonder if maybe he was playing a joke, got caught up talking to some foreign girl, or something else. I would think foul play last. The next day we would figure out whom you report such things to here and report it. I have a return flight scheduled for three days. I think I would be on it. I'm not sure how long it would make sense for me to hang out in a foreign city searching for my colleague. I imagine that is the 39 y/o equivalent of what those 19 y/o's might have felt.

I'd like to know more about their dodgy behavior. At age 39, I wouldn't think of leaving on a trip immediately after a companion disappeared under mysterious circumstances. But 20 years ago at age 19, I might have immediately wanted to be in the safety of my parents' home.

Also, I just so happen to be on a business trip in a foreign country. Some of my colleagues from home went out and I told them I'd meet them downstairs for a beer when they return. Suppose they came back and one of them had disappeared under mysterious circumstances. I would wonder if maybe he was playing a joke, got caught up talking to some foreign girl, or something else. I would think foul play last. The next day we would figure out whom you report such things to here and report it. I have a return flight scheduled for three days. I think I would be on it. I'm not sure how long it would make sense for me to hang out in a foreign city searching for my colleague. I imagine that is the 39 y/o equivalent of what those 19 y/o's might have felt.

I would have reported her missing, unless I had reason not to. On drugs, have drugs, know what happened and are afraid, was involved in what happened. I don't know for sure how I would have reacted, but I wouldn't have felt good about leaving someone behind. JMO

Never know who JM is linked to at this point...wonder if FBI is checking for DNA matches with all these missing young ladies?

JM's DNA will be put in a national data base and it will be automatically checked against DNA from every other crime in the database.

Of course one of the hidden scandals of law enforcement is how tens of thousands (or more) rape kits and other crime DNA is just sitting around waiting to be processed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bannosusan5