Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last thread or two some folks were looking into that and found several photos of BD with her phone and concluded she had the phone pictured below with a pink plastic cover. I think the cell phone carrier might have even been discussed but I do not remember who it was. I might have to go back into the previous threads and see if I can find it.

qwerty2_zpsdb8abb71.jpg

I did look back and find the discussion about the phone. Thank you!! Not sure how I missed all that.

I do believe it is the same model as the orange phone as well. It's just very odd to me how little info was released about the phone. If it was truly orange with a pink case you would think that would be important to mention. Anyone could have taken the case off of it very easily.

This phone which is a major potential clue could have been found years ago for all we know and somebody likely may not connect it to Brittanee if it wasn't in fact pink. JMO!

Sent from my Event using Tapatalk

Just rewatched the Disappeared episode here in the UK. I will have to read more in to Moody. This case is a bizarre one, would love for Brittannee's family to get some answers.

Are you sure that's the same phone it don't look like the kinda phone most girls would be using .Girls more so then boy's allways have the latest and great next model out so to me I would think she would have a blackberry or a I Phone not some old one like that . Imean who knows maybe iam wrong I just thought she woulda had a better cell phone.

Are you sure that's the same phone it don't look like the kinda phone most girls would be using .Girls more so then boy's allways have the latest and great next model out so to me I would think she would have a blackberry or a I Phone not some old one like that . Imean who knows maybe iam wrong I just thought she woulda had a better cell phone.

Brittanee has been missing for 4 years now.

Kelli Bordeaux and Heather Hodges now join a group of 12 missing, kidnapped or murdered petite blonde females that include, Karen Swift, Katelyn Markham, Lauren Spierer, Brittanee Drexel, Holly Bobo, Paige Johnson, Stephanie Kirk, Crystal Hall, Carmen Purpura and Misty Gwinner who all look so much alike and yet law enforcement sees no links?
http://www.billwarnerpi.com/2012_04_22_archive.html

missing+girls+amp.jpg

Keep in mind that Brittanee disappeared in April 2009 -- that's been almost 5 years now. :(

In thread #15 post #1154 the discussion begins on her phone with photos. In 2009 this probably was a new phone. I brought one photo forward. There are several other photos posted of BD with her phone and there is no doubt in my mind this is the kind of phone she had. It is a Orange LG VX9900 ENV QWERTY Camera Cell Phone. The fact that the camera portion of the phone is a major part of the phone it would still be very vital to find it since BD might have been able to take a photo of her assailant.

41d5coFkPL_SL175__zpsd0d3760d.jpg

Yeah, five years ago it wasn't so common for high school students to have smart phones. Even now, not every parent is willing to pay the extra costs associated with Blackberries and Iphones.

At the time that particular phone was one of the new latest phones it seems old and out dated now but at that time almost all of my girlfriends and i all had that same phone that is how i recognized it right away...

I wonder if the person who is responsible for Brittanee disappearing is also responsible for Heather Elvis. What do you guys think? It's hard to know, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I wonder if the person who is responsible for Brittanee disappearing is also responsible for Heather Elvis. What do you guys think? It's hard to know, but I wouldn't rule it out.

I've been following Heather's case although their is no official POI; there are suspicious persons' LE is following up on that are redacted in the Police report. We are not allowed to discuss on WS due to not being official POIs yet.

IMO Heather's disappearance is related to someone she knew.

VeryVeritas..if you have Netflix, you can watch Brittanee's unsolved disappearance on "Disappeared". I think it might be on Youtube as well (could be wrong). It will answer a lot of your questions and is super helpful. jmo.

Thanks for posting the vids, some of the clips within I had seen before, but it did contain new information for me. So here is an update to my questions that haven't been answered and some thoughts.

1) She's on the street cam walking to the beach (or is it otw to her hotel?) a few minutes later after leaving Peter's hotel, correct?
So there are 2 people visible behind her walking at the same pace.
Have those people been identified?
I'm also getting that this was estimated to be a 15 minute walk, but that she was 10 to 12 minutes into the walk, meaning she was very close to her hotel but not close enough for the cam. That should really narrow down the location to about 1 block. What is on that block and the block before and just after?
2) Does anyone have a map created of these hotels, the locations of the cams, the direction that she was walking marked, etc?
3) It seems her phone was on the whole time until making it to that wooded gator infested armpit, correct? About half way on that trip the phone starts ringing. Seems odd an abductor would not a) take care of a phone immediately and b) once hearing the ringing not take care of it. Continuing to drive about another 20 to 30 minutes while people keep calling and texting would indicate what? My thoughts are that it's maybe so far from the driver that it can't be heard, like back of a truck, boat trailer, trunk, or possibly loud music playing.
4) The videos show a lot more foot and auto traffic than the dramatizations do. The way she stops texting suddenly points to being abducted and without an observable struggle? So quickly she and her phone (separately or together) are swept up. So, how would that work? It seems to me that she could be targeted because of her stunning appearance. But how would someone time such an approach and be right next to a vehicle unless they just jumped out and grabbed her? It seems she was being watched, so a little more than just a random grab. Now if someone (or a team) jumped out and grabbed her, would there be no sound either? How could they subdue her so quickly? A strike to the head perhaps? hand over the mouth? But then, in such a maneuver would you not expect the phone to simply drop to the ground? Who would care about retrieving the phone? If 2 people, one could pick up the phone... but 1 person would risk going back to pick it up.
5) Was the phone ever found?
6) So, in this quick snatch and grab and fast getaway scenario... how does someone drive and keep track of the abducted person? Do they take time to restrain them? Then why not pay attention to the phone? Why was it there and ON? The thing that bugs me here is that if the intention were to say rape and kill, why make that drive? There are 2 main paths to think about. A) Her and the Phone are separated OR B) Her and the phone are together. If she is separated from the phone, she could have remained very near to the point of disappearance. Again causing me to wonder just what is there? But that would also be a team of at least 2 people.
If it was just one person, most likely her and the phone were together.
This also could have been a team, but because the phone was left on, seems less likely. So from this I derive the following BD w/Phone scenarios:

FAST: She is coaxed, coerced or hit and flung into a vehicle. It happens so fast the attacker grabs the phone up with her and ignores it. So she is quickly incapacitated (perhaps hit on the head). The abductor is so confident or careless that the phone is ignored. It is difficult to see a scenario where she willingly gets into a vehicle but then doesn't use her phone but it's on the whole time. So the Ted Bundy sort of picture emerges for me, where she was momentarily distracted, clunked on the head and flung into a vehicle that sped off. Then drive to this area where the phone cuts out, do a rape and murder and then dump the body. Problems with that... no trace of clothing, phone, etc... Do gators and boars eat the clothes etc...?

SLOW: Same as FAST, except instead of being raped, murdered and ditched at the location where the phone last pings... perhaps that is not the destination. That simply becomes the point where either the phone battery dies, or the phone is turned off. Unfortunately in this also Bundy-like scenario she could be brought to another location perhaps in SC, FL or elsewhere. She could be alive, or she could have been raped, murdered and disposed of elsewhere. I am leaning this way, and towards the idea that the phone battery just died.

Human Trafficking(slow variant): There have been reports of wealthy people in Texas putting out orders for attractive women who are abducted and brought there to be sex slaves. If someone was "shopping" there is no question that BD would be a valuable commodity for such a market. LE said they could not rule it(trafficking) out, can you?

While it seems that the bad friends have been cleared, I'm not entirely convinced. Morever, I would look at people connected to the "friends".

In the vids it indicates that LE seemed to be on the trail of someone but didn't have enough evidence for an arrest. Yet a long time has passed... any idea who they were pursuing?

Kelli Bordeaux and Heather Hodges now join a group of 12 missing, kidnapped or murdered petite blonde females that include, Karen Swift, Katelyn Markham, Lauren Spierer, Brittanee Drexel, Holly Bobo, Paige Johnson, Stephanie Kirk, Crystal Hall, Carmen Purpura and Misty Gwinner who all look so much alike and yet law enforcement sees no links?

snipped this part of your post... to respond to the idea that all of these cases are connected. Some of them may be connected but after following a few of them, I do not think they are ALL connected.

For example in the Markham case the body was found at a dump site in an area that is not far from where she and her bf had been camping. Yet supposedly she had returned home and then went missing. So in this case it appears to either be the bf or someone that stalked her from the campsite area. More likely of course is the bf.

In the Spierer case, she was intoxicated from alcohol and very likely drugs (voluntary or involuntary), she was captured on video falling face down unconscious. Witnesses report other falls to her head and another confirms serious injuries. She was accompanied by a man who claims amnesia, but his room mate says he passed her off to another friend in the same building. That friend says she he saw her walk towards home just 2 blocks away. So the circumstances implicating these "friends" is highly suspicious and her condition alone enough to be the cause her death. No body... looks to me like cover up.

In the Paige Johnson case, She(a minor and mother) was last with an ex-con "friend" Jacob Bumpas who gave her alcohol(in violation of his parole) and claims to have dropped her off in the Covington KY ghetto in the middle of the night(like 1:30am) on a street corner, some 20 miles from her home where he picked her up from. He claims no knowledge of where she was going or who she was going to see, which is absurdly unbelievable. His cell phone pings show that he was lying about where he dropped her off... that night after he says he dropped her off, he drove to a lake area (which was searched) in Ohio. He refused to cooperate with LE.

In the Stephanie Kirk case, Her body was found buried in the backyard of William Clyde Gibson's (arrested) home.

Bruce Mendenhall(IL truck driver) is charged with killing Carmen Purpura, his truck cab was covered in her blood (and that of 10 other people!) He is charged with at least 4 murders of women.

You might want to ask Bill Warner to update his website...

Although 255 miles from Myrtle Beach, humain remains were found yesterday. My apologies if this is a repeat.

Bones Found In Wooded Area Off Groce Rd. In Greenville Co.

Posted: Jan 23, 2014 7:40 PM
Updated: Jan 24, 2014 5:06 AM

According to reports the sheriff’s office has not yet made a determination as to the cause of death, the identity of the remains or the period of time in which they were located in the area. Further testing will need to be done to in order to confirm such details. Authorities are also waiting on those same tests, to determine the gender.

more

http://www.wspa.com/story/24535557/...-co?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thanks for posting the vids, some of the clips within I had seen before, but it did contain new information for me. So here is an update to my questions that haven't been answered and some thoughts.

1) She's on the street cam walking to the beach (or is it otw to her hotel?) a few minutes later after leaving Peter's hotel, correct?
So there are 2 people visible behind her walking at the same pace.
Have those people been identified?
I'm also getting that this was estimated to be a 15 minute walk, but that she was 10 to 12 minutes into the walk, meaning she was very close to her hotel but not close enough for the cam. That should really narrow down the location to about 1 block. What is on that block and the block before and just after?
2) Does anyone have a map created of these hotels, the locations of the cams, the direction that she was walking marked, etc?
3) It seems her phone was on the whole time until making it to that wooded gator infested armpit, correct? About half way on that trip the phone starts ringing. Seems odd an abductor would not a) take care of a phone immediately and b) once hearing the ringing not take care of it. Continuing to drive about another 20 to 30 minutes while people keep calling and texting would indicate what? My thoughts are that it's maybe so far from the driver that it can't be heard, like back of a truck, boat trailer, trunk, or possibly loud music playing.
4) The videos show a lot more foot and auto traffic than the dramatizations do. The way she stops texting suddenly points to being abducted and without an observable struggle? So quickly she and her phone (separately or together) are swept up. So, how would that work? It seems to me that she could be targeted because of her stunning appearance. But how would someone time such an approach and be right next to a vehicle unless they just jumped out and grabbed her? It seems she was being watched, so a little more than just a random grab. Now if someone (or a team) jumped out and grabbed her, would there be no sound either? How could they subdue her so quickly? A strike to the head perhaps? hand over the mouth? But then, in such a maneuver would you not expect the phone to simply drop to the ground? Who would care about retrieving the phone? If 2 people, one could pick up the phone... but 1 person would risk going back to pick it up.
5) Was the phone ever found?
6) So, in this quick snatch and grab and fast getaway scenario... how does someone drive and keep track of the abducted person? Do they take time to restrain them? Then why not pay attention to the phone? Why was it there and ON? The thing that bugs me here is that if the intention were to say rape and kill, why make that drive? There are 2 main paths to think about. A) Her and the Phone are separated OR B) Her and the phone are together. If she is separated from the phone, she could have remained very near to the point of disappearance. Again causing me to wonder just what is there? But that would also be a team of at least 2 people.
If it was just one person, most likely her and the phone were together.
This also could have been a team, but because the phone was left on, seems less likely. So from this I derive the following BD w/Phone scenarios:

FAST: She is coaxed, coerced or hit and flung into a vehicle. It happens so fast the attacker grabs the phone up with her and ignores it. So she is quickly incapacitated (perhaps hit on the head). The abductor is so confident or careless that the phone is ignored. It is difficult to see a scenario where she willingly gets into a vehicle but then doesn't use her phone but it's on the whole time. So the Ted Bundy sort of picture emerges for me, where she was momentarily distracted, clunked on the head and flung into a vehicle that sped off. Then drive to this area where the phone cuts out, do a rape and murder and then dump the body. Problems with that... no trace of clothing, phone, etc... Do gators and boars eat the clothes etc...?

SLOW: Same as FAST, except instead of being raped, murdered and ditched at the location where the phone last pings... perhaps that is not the destination. That simply becomes the point where either the phone battery dies, or the phone is turned off. Unfortunately in this also Bundy-like scenario she could be brought to another location perhaps in SC, FL or elsewhere. She could be alive, or she could have been raped, murdered and disposed of elsewhere. I am leaning this way, and towards the idea that the phone battery just died.

Human Trafficking(slow variant): There have been reports of wealthy people in Texas putting out orders for attractive women who are abducted and brought there to be sex slaves. If someone was "shopping" there is no question that BD would be a valuable commodity for such a market. LE said they could not rule it(trafficking) out, can you?

While it seems that the bad friends have been cleared, I'm not entirely convinced. Morever, I would look at people connected to the "friends".

In the vids it indicates that LE seemed to be on the trail of someone but didn't have enough evidence for an arrest. Yet a long time has passed... any idea who they were pursuing?

1) BD was captured on a traffic cam walking south on Ocean Boulevard to the hotel of Peter B. She was also captured on the hotel camera entering and exiting the hotel.

2) I think the total distance between her hotel and Peter B's is close to 1.4 miles which would probably take about 30 minutes to walk. Yes, the point at which she was captured on the traffic cam would have been a 10 to 15 minute walk to hotel of Peter B.

3) I wonder if her phone wasn't in vibrate mode? Maybe her phone was in her purse which might have been no longer in her possession? In vibrate mode there would be little or no sound.

5) As far as I know her phone hasn't been found.

6) I would guess she was restrained. There would have been numerous stop lights to drive through on Highway 17 on the way to Georgetown from Myrtle Beach. I would think if she had the opportunity she would have jumped out of the vehicle. I would guess she was taken to that area since it was an area familiar to perp. There is a time gap from her last text to when her phone first pinged outside of the Myrtle Beach cell phone zone. I think her first cell phone ping outside of that cell phone zone was around 9:30 pm and it pinged at a tower near Surfside Beach. I have a map of the location of that cell phone tower. I can double check on that. Her last text was around 9 pm. So there is a period of time in which her phone was still within the city limits of Myrtle Beach.

I had calculated where she might have been in Thread #15 post number #481 and #519. Maybe I need to revisit it and redo the maps, calculations and time frames.

1) BD was captured on a traffic cam walking south on Ocean Boulevard to the hotel of Peter B. She was also captured on the hotel camera entering and exiting the hotel.

2) I think the total distance between her hotel and Peter B's is close to 1.4 miles which would probably take about 30 minutes to walk. Yes, the point at which she was captured on the traffic cam would have been a 10 to 15 minute walk to hotel of Peter B.

3) I wonder if her phone wasn't in vibrate mode? Maybe her phone was in her purse which might have been no longer in her possession? In vibrate mode there would be little or no sound.

6) I would guess she was restrained. There would have been numerous stop lights to drive through on Highway 17 on the way to Georgetown from Myrtle Beach. I would think if she had the opportunity she would have jumped out of the vehicle. I would guess she was taken to that area since it was an area familiar to perp. There is a time gap from her last text to when her phone first pinged outside of the Myrtle Beach cell phone zone. I think her first cell phone ping outside of that cell phone zone was around 9:30 pm and it pinged at a tower near Surfside Beach. I have a map of the location of that cell phone tower. I can double check on that. Her last text was around 9 pm. So there is a period of time in which her phone was still within the city limits of Myrtle Beach.

I had calculated where she might have been in Thread #15 post number #481 and #519. Maybe I need to revisit it and redo the maps, calculations and time frames.

I dont' think her phone was in her purse. The video shows her head down constantly texting (think it was to her bf JG).

In thread #15 post #1154 the discussion begins on her phone with photos. In 2009 this probably was a new phone. I brought one photo forward. There are several other photos posted of BD with her phone and there is no doubt in my mind this is the kind of phone she had. It is a Orange LG VX9900 ENV QWERTY Camera Cell Phone. The fact that the camera portion of the phone is a major part of the phone it would still be very vital to find it since BD might have been able to take a photo of her assailant.

41d5coFkPL_SL175__zpsd0d3760d.jpg

I actually had this phone in another color (which looks so obsolete now. Lol). I had the Verizon version which was called the LG Slide. I remember buying it when they first came out with it which would have been 2007, I think...was still a fairly popular in '09...unless they changed them up later you were stuck with whatever color you bought...no cases were made for them as far as I can remember.

Ok I'll agree with you on the approximate 30 minute walk back to her hotel.
She is texting her bf on the way so I would expect the phone to be in her hand... but that would mean she would be distracted from possible danger as she walked. So she doesn't show up on the cams on the way back to her hotel which as you say would only be 10 to 15 minutes away. But she was texting for about 10 minutes so she must have been very close to that cam location. Knowing this fairly narrow time interval it's very likely that the same CAM captured the vehicle that she would have been in (assuming she was put into a vehicle). LE should be able to look at all of the vehicles passing from the time of her last outgoing text and for the following 10-15 minutes. They should have a list of vehicles(in chronological order) and perhaps the tags on them. That should not be a long list. Track down those vehicles and owners and where does that lead?

Ok I'll agree with you on the approximate 30 minute walk back to her hotel.
She is texting her bf on the way so I would expect the phone to be in her hand... but that would mean she would be distracted from possible danger as she walked. So she doesn't show up on the cams on the way back to her hotel which as you say would only be 10 to 15 minutes away. But she was texting for about 10 minutes so she must have been very close to that cam location. Knowing this fairly narrow time interval it's very likely that the same CAM captured the vehicle that she would have been in (assuming she was put into a vehicle). LE should be able to look at all of the vehicles passing from the time of her last outgoing text and for the following 10-15 minutes. They should have a list of vehicles(in chronological order) and perhaps the tags on them. That should not be a long list. Track down those vehicles and owners and where does that lead?

I would agree unless of course if the vehicle came from the south (Georgetown, SC) and it turned off Ocean Boulevard before the traffic cam. I would guess she probably came within 3 or 4 blocks of the traffic cam. The bad thing about the traffic cam is that is off very poor quality and I'm not sure if you could read a license plate or not.

Has anyone heard anything about the most recent bone discovery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member