Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"This press conference has been called by the FBI -- we've partnered with," says Lt. Crosby. "Tomorrow, we'll release the information we have at the press conference for all the public to know."

After 7 years, what do you have to lose by releasing the info that only LE and the person involved know. Maybe it could spur someone into talking.

Moo only
If I was the family, I'd ask them to release it.

What has the FBI found that local LE couldn't?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that trafficking is a huge problem everywhere, and it's POSSIBLE this may have occured. But the idea that she was "grabbed/abducted" by a stranger on the street is just impossible. If you have ever been on Ocean Blvd in that area for a couple miles, it is crowded with tourists and locals alike. You could not have a stranger abduction IMO without dozens or perhaps hundreds of people seeing it. This was late evening, and that street was crowded(Look at the videos of her walking amongst lots of other people and cars). Even after midnight this place is still busy with foot and vehicle traffic. The only way this could have possibly happened is if she was offered a ride and she took it, or if someone that she was familiar with picked her up.

Just the idea of a random stranger pulling her into a car/van would just not be feasible without hundreds of witnesses at that time of year and that time of evening.

Just my .02

Depends on what time in early morning or night, and what side streets

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/news/local/article82394762.html

David Thomas, special agent in charge with the FBI, will hold the news conference in McClellanville to talk about the case and the FBI’s involvement in the ongoing investigation. Myrtle Beach police, Charleston County police, Berkeley County police, the S.C. Law Enforcement Division and United States Attorney Bill Nettles are also set to be at the conference.

Why LE from Charleston, Berkeley & Horry Counties but not Georgetown? BD's phone pinged in Georgetown County and along the border with Charleston County, but IDK any Berkeley County associations to this case.

Capture.PNG

Well, there were these two, right? Does anyone know if there are any more like this in the area?

http://www.wbrc.com/story/18574171/mb-gas-station-kidnapping-suspect-known-to-follow-women
http://wpde.com/news/crime/arrest-made-in-botched-boulevard-abduction

I agree that trafficking is a huge problem everywhere, and it's POSSIBLE this may have occured. But the idea that she was "grabbed/abducted" by a stranger on the street is just impossible. If you have ever been on Ocean Blvd in that area for a couple miles, it is crowded with tourists and locals alike. You could not have a stranger abduction IMO without dozens or perhaps hundreds of people seeing it. This was late evening, and that street was crowded(Look at the videos of her walking amongst lots of other people and cars). Even after midnight this place is still busy with foot and vehicle traffic. The only way this could have possibly happened is if she was offered a ride and she took it, or if someone that she was familiar with picked her up.

Just the idea of a random stranger pulling her into a car/van would just not be feasible without hundreds of witnesses at that time of year and that time of evening.

Just my .02

Brett Davidsen Verified account  ‏@whec_bdavidsen · 51s52 seconds ago

FBI to announce $25k reward for info on Brittanee Drexel among other things. Official news conference at 1 pm

https://twitter.com/whec_bdavidsen

She left the hotel at 8:48pm. It would have been dark. A quick google says the sunset at 8:04pm on April 25, 2009. I think the cover of dark would make an abduction on the street much easier. Perhaps somehow distracting others on the street would be a tactic used? IMO

South Carolina U.S. Attorney Bill Nettles told The Greenville News that federal investigators, who entered the case in February, will not announce an arrest or discovery of Drexel's whereabouts during the 1 p.m. news conference in a McClellanville courtroom.

Seth Voorhees ‏@SethVTWCNews · 37s38 seconds ago

News conference with FBI and other law enforcement at 1 today. We're expecting an interview before that as well.
----------------------------------

Seth Voorhees ‏@SethVTWCNews · 2m2 minutes ago

FBI renewing efforts in #BrittaneeDrexel case. $25k reward being offered. Billboards going up today on Rt.17 in South Carolina.

https://twitter.com/SethVTWCNews

There's been a $100,000 reward in Tara Grinstead case for 10 years and never helped

Seth Voorhees ‏@SethVTWCNews · 37s38 seconds ago

News conference with FBI and other law enforcement at 1 today. We're expecting an interview before that as well.
----------------------------------

Seth Voorhees ‏@SethVTWCNews · 2m2 minutes ago

FBI renewing efforts in #BrittaneeDrexel case. $25k reward being offered. Billboards going up today on Rt.17 in South Carolina.

https://twitter.com/SethVTWCNews

I saw a Missing BD billboard last month on Hwy 17 just south of MB.

[video=twitter;740562272913924096]https://twitter.com/SethVTWCNews/status/740562272913924096[/video]

7 years, billboards and rewards don't work

Yes, it would have been dark or just getting dark. But seriously, if you've ever been on Ocean Blvd on a spring/summer evening, there are hundreds of people and dozens of cars constantly cruising at all hours. Now, if she turned down a side street(there is a bad street one block over called Yaupon Dr) then it's pretty deserted other than bad characters most times.

Yes, there was an ATTEMPTED abduction on 2010 from the same area on Ocean Blvd, but they quickly made an arrest. My guess is they had dozens of eyewitnesses to this. If this had happened to BD, I think the following week when it became big news we'd have had ALOT of people come forward to say they had seen something.

No arrest but could they possibly name a suspect

Is it strange to anyone else that we wait all this time for this presser and an hour before it we learn about the reward and the new billboards? Why did they release that info that prior to the presser? I mean, why not just wait one more hour?

Not saying it means anything, I just find it odd.

Just read on my local news about the 1pm press conference. Waiting with anticipation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it strange to anyone else that we wait all this time for this presser and an hour before it we learn about the reward and the new billboards? Why did they release that info that prior to the presser? I mean, why not just wait one more hour?

Not saying it means anything, I just find it odd.

I'm hoping it means that they have a clear strategy to what's going on today. It's apparent that there is an intense ramp up of focus on her case. I just have this feeling that there is more than meets the eye with everything going on here. We will know in less than half an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove