Found Deceased SC - Celia Sweeney, 28, Charleston, Feb 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Presumably into Buddy's head. I'm sorry for the bluntness; I just can't think of a nicer way to say it.

ETA: The best unifying explanation I can think up is that maybe the police think Buddy killed Celia and then shot himself. Some time later, Walton and Celia's supposed best friend came upon the scene and removed the gun.
That would explain why it wasn't called a murder-suicide right off the bat, and it would also explain the accessory charges.

The "murder-suicide" was an assumption made by the public who do not possess a sleuthlike-mindset as many of us here. It was never in any report or news article. It was something that I picked up on right away as did many others which has led many of us here...the only place to get the latest on this case.

So, rough timeline here:

Late Thursday eve/early Friday morning: Sweeney brings Carr and 2 friends to a bar to get them out of her house. Carr was visibly intoxicated and the bartender refused to serve him. Sweeney left the bar by herself and appeared sober.

Friday: During a welfare check, police found a significant amount of blood throughout Sweeney’s Charleston apartment and signs of a struggle as well as a single gun cartridge casing in the living room of the apartment.

Monday: Sweeney's body found in Carr’s Inman home which is more than 200 miles away from where Sweeney was last seen.

So, if Carr was involved in her murder, he would have had to get back to Sweeney's apartment from the bar sometime on Friday and then get to his own home over 200 miles away.

And now another man has been arrested as an accessory to the murder.

I'm so confused!!!

Welcome to WS Passypass4 & Kitty Katty! None o my beeswax, but are y’all local?

Local? Not to that area . I have been following everything online, weeding out crazy stuff to try and piece together stuff. Just to make sense of it. I worked with Buddy in the Marine Corps and trying just see where this is going. I look alot of stuff up and can work Google pretty well.

Perplexed. I think Walton has more to do with this and Buddy was killed because he knew too much. Buddy isn't here to tell his side of the story. Why the casing in Charleston? I think it was made to look like a murder suicide.

Are we allowed to talk about things we see on FB that are public but not news articles?

Since my explanation would be lengthy, I'm just going to point you to this forum link about SM :

Rules - Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Here's a link for all forum rules, should anyone need it :

The Rules

Also, if you have questions, you can always click on the report button at the bottom of your post to alert a mod and ask if something is permissible.

Happy to have you and all other new members here with us ! :)

From the article:

[...]

According to the affidavit, witnesses told detectives they saw an unknown person driving Sweeney’s Audi S5, and saw the vehicle pull into the parking lot of the apartment complex the evening of February 28th, about four hours after Sweeney’s last known communication.

They said the Audi was followed by a large 4-door pick-up truck, which quickly pulled into the parking lot, picked up the driver of the Audi, and exited the parking lot.

CPD identified the owner of the truck as Buddy Allen Carr, who they identified as a person of interest in the case.

[...]

A search warrant was obtained and executed for Carr’s residence. During the search, detectives located Carr dead inside the home with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound.

They also found a large black “Husky” container on the wood line of the property, about 20 yards away from the truck.

A search of that container revealed the body of Celia Sweeney.

[...]

Detectives also located latex gloves, concrete bags and camouflage nylon straps inside the pick-up truck.

A receipt from Home Depot was also located inside the residence, which revealed the purchase of various cleaning materials, latex gloves, and multiple bags of concrete. The purchase was made on 2/28 at the Charleston location. The debit card used to buy the items belonged to Carr, according to detectives.

[...]

According to the report, Walton accompanied Carr to purchase the items used to try and conceal Sweeney’s death.

[...]

Regarding the shell casing, there's one basic reason a person fires a single round - to make a point. That point might be "this defenseless person is now dead" but just because there's a casing doesn't necessarily mean someone was shot.

Rough hypothetical scenario - Walton beats Sweeney critically in front of Carr, pistol whips perhaps. At some point it crosses a line and Carr shows signs of intervening. Walton fires one off into the ceiling to frighten Carr into submission, orders him to drive the three of them to his house where he then shoots Carr and attempts to fabricate a murder-suicide scene. He would have needed a ride back to Charleston though?

Another - Reverse Carr and Walton's roles. Walton heroically kills Carr but tragically it was too late to save Sweeney and then doesn't alert the authorities and fakes concern during the search for... uh... reasons?

We'll see what Walton's official story is eventually. Stay tuned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026
Back