SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't always obedient, at all. But I wasn't openly defiant as a child. And now, as an adult and a member of adult society, I understand why we have rules that can be legitimately enforced.

I don't know what happened with this girl. I'd still really like to see the longer extended video from the angle that appears to show that she hit the officer several times and it was she who flipped her desk when being pulled upwards by the cop.

Where is this video? Do you have a link to it, or a description from someone in MSM who has seen it? Anything... ?

Thanks.

So I'm really curious. What would happen, if all the kids in the school decided they don't have to do what the teachers say, and people in line at airports don't have to comply with TSA regulations? I know it's a tempting fantasy to think oh I don't have to comply with anything or any rules at all, but what would happen in that case? If you felt like you don't agree with traffic lights, and so you can choose to stop or go whenever you feel it's safe to do so, regardless of the expectations of the other drivers? There's a reason there aren't any societies based on anarchy - because they'd crumble in a day.

That's a false dichotomy. One person breaking the rules isn't a descent into chaos. And anarchy is a system without rulers or hierarchy, not one without rules.

True but she didn't and here we are. What troubles me more than her not obeying was having a person entrusted to the safety of all causing more harm than good.
As long as detention or expulsion are available this didn't have to happen.Also communication with her family after class may have helped. IMO

I appreciate your point of view.

My point of view is that detention, expulsion or family communication were not immediate remedies.

That class needed to continue. It was not the students right to end the class because she didn't want to lose her phone. She escalated the situation until it's conclusion with her being forcibly taken down. JMO

Where is this video? Do you have a link to it, or a description from someone in MSM who has seen it? Anything... ?

Thanks.

I looked for it and couldn't find it. I did post upthread, a couple pages ago, a youtube video where the sheriff has seen it and agrees she punched the cop several times, but he's still more interested in the Ro's behavior and that would be investigated.

I only heard of the video on a radio talk show this evening, and according to Dana Loesch the differently angled video shows her punching and kicking the cop, and that she flipped her own desk while he was trying to remove her upwards from the seat.

But I haven't seen it. I wonder if it will be posted online.

So I'm really curious. What would happen, if all the kids in the school decided they don't have to do what the teachers say, and people in line at airports don't have to comply with TSA regulations? I know it's a tempting fantasy to think oh I don't have to comply with anything or any rules at all, but what would happen in that case? If you felt like you don't agree with traffic lights, and so you can choose to stop or go whenever you feel it's safe to do so, regardless of the expectations of the other drivers? There's a reason there aren't any societies based on anarchy - because they'd crumble in a day.

What would happen if every employee was on Websleuths or on social media while at the job. Lol.

What do you know about what this student knows? One interaction and you think you can break her down psychologically and you know her motivations and beliefs? No. Please back up and stop putting so much on her.
I'm just voicing my opinion. You don't have to agree with me but please don't tell me to back up or stop.

Technically any unconstitutional law can be ignored.
And Jury Nullification (which the founding fathers were very clear about the importance of) allows for juries to find not guilty simply because they don't agree with the law.

The problem today is many people who think they have authority want and need people to be ignorant about how exactly that authority is granted and held because knowledge shows exactly how little authority they have.

Well said. This student needs to learn a few things about life.

One of those things is that we live in a world full of rules and laws. We have career politicians who feel that we need more and more rules and laws everyday.

Some of these rules and laws we may not agree with but we must obey them until we overturn them though the political process. We can't just say "no I don't like this law" and ignore it.

That's what this young girl did. And it's not the right way to deal with something you don't agree with.
JMO

I only heard of the video on a radio talk show this evening, and according to Dana Loesch the differently angled video shows her punching and kicking the cop, and that she flipped her own desk while he was trying to remove her upwards from the seat.

But I haven't seen it. I wonder if it will be posted online.

I think that Dana person is full of rubbish. We don't need a different camera angle to see that there is no way the student flipped her desk or initiated physical contact.

My point of view is that detention, expulsion or family communication were not immediate remedies.

That class needed to continue. It was not the students right to end the class because she didn't want to lose her phone. She escalated the situation until it's conclusion with her being forcibly taken down. JMO

I don't think the cop's wife wants to hear that excuse when he can't pay the bills because he is out of a job. So tell that to the bartender and not the landlord or the bill collectors.

Technically any unconstitutional law can be ignored.
And Jury Nullification (which the founding fathers were very clear about the importance of) allows for juries to find not guilty simply because they don't agree with the law.

The problem today is many people who think they have authority want and need people to be ignorant about how exactly that authority is granted and held because knowledge shows exactly how little authority they have.

You can make that the hill you want to die on, if you like. I wouldn't have instructed my kids to behave that way - to decide for themselves which laws probably are or are not constitutional, and follow only the ones they agree with.

Juries VERY seldom decide the law is wrong and the violator is right. Usually, in legitimate cases where the accused would probably be able to gain the sympathy of a jury, the prosecutor would have decided it's not worth prosecuting.

I REALLY don't want to live in a society where everyone kind of decides for themselves what rules they would like to follow and what ones they wouldn't. Honestly, can you imagine trying to buy groceries if most of the people in the store didn't think they had to stand in line, or didn't think they needed to pay the price on the item that was listed, or they only wanted one chicken breast so they pulled one out of the sealed packet, or thought they could drive their motorcycle through the store?

Thank you. I appreciate your view as well. I think what remains to be seen was how much of the disruption was due to having a phone.
Perhaps the real disruption was the response from the teacher and the officer. IMO

I think that Dana person is full of rubbish. We don't need a different camera angle to see that there is no way the student flipped her desk or initiated physical contact.

Who is Dana?

I agree, by the way. I don't think a video exists that will make the cop look less guilty.

Is she not a victim? I thought WS was victim-friendly.

She's not a victim in my eyes. She was a trouble maker who escalated the situation into resisting arrest. JMO

I don't think the cop's wife wants to hear that excuse when he can't pay the bills because he is out of a job. So tell that to the bartender and not the landlord or the bill collectors.

"A&T? Sorry, can't pay my cell phone bill this month but it's not my fault so you can't cut my service and you can't charge me a late fee."

She's not a victim in my eyes. She was a trouble maker who escalated the situation into resisting arrest. JMO

She wasn't under arrest. She hadn't broken any law. She's an assault victim.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

I attended these things called universities and summer camps.where we didn't have to by law listen to the teachers or councillors and.nothing happened.

I remember a time before TSA and have driven where there are no street signs or lights. We all.survived.

You missed my point though.
It isn't about.chaos. it is about people assuming certain people have power over other people based solely on a job.title.

Oh boy, can't get much worse than the school bully also being the "resource officer"

Maybe he was prepping for football practice. JMO

In my experience, sometimes different camera angles are REALLY important. How many sports games have been decided by looking at a different angle footage? I don't know about this Dana person, honestly she seems like an irritating shouter, but it was interesting to see that the sheriff who is pulling for a full investigation of the RO also saw in the video that she punched him several times. So there's that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nosey2b