SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is she not a victim? I thought WS was victim-friendly.

Boom.

PRICELESS. I never even thought to say that. And I been here all night.

Comment of the day. Now let's start flagging everyone. Lol. Just kidding but good catch.

Thank you. I appreciate your view as well. I think what remains to be seen was how much of the disruption was due to having a phone.
Perhaps the real disruption was the response from the teacher and the officer. IMO
I think that the disruption was a student refusing to obey her teacher. If the teacher can't control the classroom what will stop a few seconds on the phone from turning into a few minutes?

Slippery slope. JMO

I am NEVER going to catch up on this thread.

But quick questions, please?

1. How was the student disrupting the class, apart from refusing to leave it or hand over her cell phone?

2. Is there actually video of her punching the officer, or trying to, before he tried to pull her out of her seat?

3. Can anyone cite the exact law that the officer said she was arrested for breaking?

Thanks.

She wasn't under arrest. She hadn't broken any law. She's an assault victim.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

She actually had broken a law. It was a surprise to me years ago, but "disruption of a classroom" is a crime in the public schools. I only know this because I have a nephew who was in constant trouble for hijinks in Dallas, and in that ISD they charge kids who are unruly in the classroom with that crime. And it sticks.

In Dallas, and maybe in this school district, the school officials were basically sick and tired of trying to enforce discipline because nothing worked except charging the kids with crimes and marching them through the court systems where their parents had to pay for lawyers and court fines. Funny, when you do that parents suddenly realize they do have control of their kid's behavior.

So anyway, yes, she was committing a crime. As foreign as that may seem to people who were educated during a time when kids would quake in the presence of a principal and wouldn't dream of openly defying a teacher. Times they are a'changin'

Boom.

Comment of the day. Now let's start flagging everyone. Lol. Just kidding but good catch.

Looks like I need to hit the alert. If you think I'm violating TOS I'll make sure the Mods know.

but it was interesting to see that the sheriff who is pulling for a full investigation of the RO also saw in the video that she punched him several times. So there's that.

Was that as per Dana, or was it in MSM? If it's the former, we shouldn't be discussing it as if it's a fact.

And while camera angles can be illuminating, sometimes they are unnecessary -- such as this time.

"Legitimate cases"?
What is a legitimate case and who decides?

Maybe you just like using the word legitimate and don't really mean for it to mean what it does?

Anyway you are missing the plot here. No one is discussig anarchy.

You can make that the hill you want to die on, if you like. I wouldn't have instructed my kids to behave that way - to decide for themselves which laws probably are or are not constitutional, and follow only the ones they agree with.

Juries VERY seldom decide the law is wrong and the violator is right. Usually, in legitimate cases where the accused would probably be able to gain the sympathy of a jury, the prosecutor would have decided it's not worth prosecuting.

I REALLY don't want to live in a society where everyone kind of decides for themselves what rules they would like to follow and what ones they wouldn't. Honestly, can you imagine trying to buy groceries if most of the people in the store didn't think they had to stand in line, or didn't think they needed to pay the price on the item that was listed, or they only wanted one chicken breast so they pulled one out of the sealed packet, or thought they could drive their motorcycle through the store?

I appreciate your point of view.

My point of view is that detention, expulsion or family communication were not immediate remedies.

That class needed to continue. It was not the students right to end the class because she didn't want to lose her phone. She escalated the situation until it's conclusion with her being forcibly taken down. JMO

You cannot bully your way through the teaching day if you are a teacher, You must address issues positively and usually you have done that in the first couple of weeks of school. No relationship, big problems.

There are so many positive methods of dealing with these issues

She actually had broken a law. It was a surprise to me years ago, but "disruption of a classroom" is a crime in the public schools. I only know this because I have a nephew who was in constant trouble for hijinks in Dallas, and in that ISD they charge kids who are unruly in the classroom with that crime. And it sticks.

In Dallas, and maybe in this school district, the school officials were basically sick and tired of trying to enforce discipline because nothing worked except charging the kids with crimes and marching them through the court systems where their parents had to pay for lawyers and court fines. Funny, when you do that parents suddenly realize they do have control of their kid's behavior.

So anyway, yes, she was committing a crime. As foreign as that may seem to people who were educated during a time when kids would quake in the presence of a principal and wouldn't dream of openly defying a teacher. Times they are a'changin'

http://acestoohigh.com/2012/04/23/l...oach-to-school-discipline-expulsions-drop-85/

Was that as per Dana, or was it in MSM? If it's the former, we shouldn't be discussing it as if it's a fact.

And while camera angles can be illuminating, sometimes they are unnecessary -- such as this time.

I guess I don't fully know exactly what constitutes MSM. She has a syndicated radio talk show, which is now very recently carried on KLBJ am. So I don't know.

Boom.

I laughed out loud. Literally. When I read that.

I sent the alert in about my postings. It's getting late so I'll check back later to see what happens.

I think that the disruption was a student refusing to obey her teacher. If the teacher can't control the classroom what will stop a few seconds on the phone from turning into a few minutes?

Slippery slope. JMO

How bad could it have been that the teacher couldn't move on. I'm sure this wasn't the first time he had a difficult or upset student to deal with.
I have yet to hear that she was loud or actually using the phone. As for not obeying ...that also could have been dealt with at a later time.
He could have even told her to stay after class and dealt with her then. Seems to me ego and or pride was involved from what was supposed to be the adult.

There's a lot at this link.
Spring Valley High School officer suspended after violent classroom arrest

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/27/us/south-carolina-school-arrest-video/

One of the videos from inside the math classroom at Spring Valley High School shows the student resisting, according to Lott.

"When the officer puts his hands on her initially, she reaches up and she pops the officer with her fist," he said.

I guess I don't fully know exactly what constitutes MSM. She has a syndicated radio talk show, which is now very recently carried on KLBJ am. So I don't know.

She's totally political; her show is akin to a political blog. It appears that promoting gun ownership is her main issue.

This is someone with an agenda -- there is no attempt at any ideological neutrality, balance, or objectivity. She cannot be considered MSM by any stretch of the imagination. Just check out her train-wreck of a website:

http://danaloeschradio.com/

You wish you could expel her. You can't. You're stuck with her and her constant disruptions and defiance.

Sorry, again I'm late to the thread. What is the source for her constant disruptions and defiance? There's no way I can find the source since I was internet news hopping, but I distinctly remember reading that other students said she wasn't usually a troublemaker. Thanks!

The SC law is ambiguous. I posted it earlier.
When exactly the disturbing schools started is highly debatable. It is also debatable if she was the one disturbing or the teacher when the teacher stopped the class to focus on one incident that may have ended before it could.be.considered.disturbing or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinatrue