SC - Columbia - Sheriff Slams Female Student to Floor In Class

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had it been my child or grandchild they would have faced consequences at home but I cannot even imagine myself thanking the person who had taken them down with unnecessary force. Me shake the hand of an abuser? Never in a million years.

If that had been my child, I would shake his hand. I would also insist that my child apologize to all for the disruption she caused. She would also face consequences at home.

If that had been my child, I would shake his hand. I would also insist that my child apologize to all for the disruption she caused. She would also face consequences at home.

You know this chid's mother is dead, right?

The girl was not dragged. Watch the video. Even the Sheriff said that the reason he fired the deputy was because he threw the girl which is not allowed under policy.
In the video you can see that he yanks her out of the overturned desk and then flings her to the right of screen. For the action to be considered a DRAG he must maintain contact with her.
You can see he has no hands on her after flinging her and he then has to take several steps to even get to where she is lying on the floor. That is not a DRAG. That is throwing or flinging.

He also picked her up by her Neck to flip her over. That can easily cause injuries.

She also landed on her back during the flip. We also do not know what injuries she might have sustained during the cuffing process when he was bending her arms, pressing on her back, etc...

I watched the video several times. He did not body slam the girl nor did he throw her 10 ft. across the room. IMO

Had it been my child or grandchild they would have faced consequences at home but I cannot even imagine myself thanking the person who had taken them down with unnecessary force. Me shake the hand of an abuser? Never in a million years.

Me either. Thank you for being an ignorant brute? No. I would have other words for this abuser, and a big fat lawsuit.

What does society learn from the disrespect shown to those in authority?

Anybody that has not been in a classroom in ages please spend a week volunteering in your local middle school classroom. Then come and tell us how it went.

It's something you can never imagine what those teachers and principals are dealing with every single day.

This is an interesting response imo.

The response references a child sneaking a peek at a Time magazine and the 2 minute screeching given the child by the teacher. This thread case is about a teen sneaking a peek at a cell phone and the brutal response LE thought was deserved. Both it seems many years apart.

There was no disrespect involved imo in either case. A child and a teen succumbed to an urge to peek at something in class. Disrespect was not on either mind.

A big slide down that slippery slope from one incident to the next imo. If allowed to continue in this direction unchecked, what will the response be in 5 or 10 years from now - another child will sneak a peek at something in class.

What is the US aspiring to be now and in the future? I can't tell anymore and I've lived next door for many years.

I don't see how she doesn't have a shin injury to her left leg where her leg hits the desk behind her.
I also have heard that the officer asked a nearby student to move away and that he removed the girls laptop off her desk which makes me believe the office knew he was about to do something that required more room.

No sh** eh? So did the teacher and administrator. They just waited and watched the show. Nasty imo.

I watched the video several times. He did not body slam the girl nor did he throw her 10 ft. across the room. IMO

I do not see the words "Body slam" or " 10 ft" in my post you quoted so not sure why you chose to add those to your comment when we were discussing the dragging.
She was not dragged to the position that her body was in when he then told her to put her hands behind her back and proceeded to cuff her.

Underlined by me - what he needs now is a job. Maybe you could help him in that regard?

No sh** eh? So did the teacher and administrator. They just waited and watched the show. Nasty imo.

I also would think a good lawyer can make a case that the admin and the teacher both allowed the abuse which resulted in the officer being fired and that they are culpable in some way.

Especially if they didn't immediately file a complaint and file the appropriate paperwork required under mandatory reporting laws.

I also would think a good lawyer can make a case that the admin and the teacher both allowed the abuse which resulted in the officer being fired and that they are culpable in some way.

Especially if they didn't immediately file a complaint and file the appropriate paperwork required under mandatory reporting laws.

Yep - once again the rhetorical question - where will the US be in 5 to 10 years from now?

Yep - once again the rhetorical question - where will the US be in 5 to 10 years from now?

If we don't stop this "authority" problem we have we are going to be looking at some sort of Civil War. Not necessarily a guns and running street battle war but a civil disobedience war, people refusing to pay taxes to these departments, people storming legislatures etc....

There are folks like me who have been fighting this for more than twenty years and it is so hard to make people see the writing on the wall when it doesn't affect them or their neighbor.
The time will come though when it will affect every single person and that is when this will get real interesting real fast.

I might be surprised if the BBM had actually happened. Did we watch the same video?

A body slam is when someone is picked up and hurled onto the ground. The girl was not picked up high enough off the floor for it to be considered a body slam. He did not throw her 10 ft. She was dragged across the floor.

IMO

Watch the video again. Because you are in total denial. The officer has already been fired for it. You are the only one that can’t see the problem.

I think it depends on why you think someone has authority and who that authority is over and how they may exercise that authority.

I think you should RESPECT every one as a human being not because they have authority.
I don't think people who believe they have authority should be disrespecting anyone as a matter of course.

Those with authority over others are those that have earned that right through education, training and experience.

A 15 year old girl must obey that authority. Who was this girl to refuse the request of three in authority to leave the room.

Was the officer right? No he used excessive force but she should have complied in the beginning when her teacher gave her a direction.

There is absolutely no excuse for disrespecting her teacher.

If she would have listened in the first place we wouldn't be here now talking about what happened.

We will have schools filled with armed officers and kids who are afraid to speak up in class.

Maybe private schools and homeschooling will become more popular. Eventually what takes place in public schools won't matter since the only kids left will be less likely to have any support or recourse after being brutalized.

JMO.

Those with authority over others are those that have earned that right through education, training and experience.

A 15 year old girl must obey that authority. Who was this girl to refuse the request of three in authority to leave the room.

Was the officer right? No he used excessive force but she should have complied in the beginning when her teacher gave her a direction.

If she would have listened in the first place we wouldn't be here now talking about what happened.

If the officer had done his job and not physically assaulted the young woman we wouldn't be here talking about what happened.

Authority is not absolute nor guaranteed for any career.
Respect is a two way street.

The old "do as your told and you won't get beat" line doesn't work for me. Sorry.

I have yet to find a single person who can justify why she should have been removed from that class to begin with.

Your mind was already made up, so you are going to see what ever you want to see.

Authority is not absolute nor guaranteed for any career.
Respect is a two way street.

The old "do as your told and you won't get beat" line doesn't work for me. Sorry.

I have yet to find a single person who can justify why she should have been removed from that class to begin with.

So what do those in authority have to do to maintain order if they aren't to be listened to? What would you want to happen. Just sheer bedlam?

That's what would happen with no authority given to those who have earned it through education and hard work.

We weren't there. But from the looks on most of her classmates they were thinking..good riddance. They didn't look surprised or outraged by the incident. Seemed to be business as usual for that young girl.

One has to go a long way back in time for this response to hold true. Hanging onto the thought that this how things still are is, imo, a slippery slope.

Today, time and time again, those with education, training and experience (and a uniform and badge) are being found guilty of fraud, theft, brutality, rape, murder and every other offense on the US law books. Teachers, clergy, cops ... the list goes on.

Hope everyone lands on their feet - but under the impression it will be a long slide first.

All jmo - and lots of MSM articles to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member