GUILTY SC - Gabrielle Swainson, 15, Columbia, 18 Aug 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I believe Elvia said she went into work as a last-minute type of decision because she was worried about being behind on a project. She thought she'd go in while Gabbiee was sleeping and that way the two could spend time together during the day.

I believe Elvia said she went into work as a last-minute type of decision because she was worried about being behind on a project. She thought she'd go in while Gabbiee was sleeping and that way the two could spend time together during the day.

At 3 something AM?

Did she just wake up at 3am and decide? Or did she decide when she went to bed, that is what I am wondering. If there was time for her to tell someone on the phone, or for Gabbiee to tell someone.

No way would a 15 year old girl call her friends at 3:00 am and tell them "hey, mom's not home, let's partaay!".

This is very strange. MOO

mom going to work was a spur of the moment decision. They were up late, mom goes to bed and maybe she couldn't sleep thinking about all the work she had to do. So she thought "okay, I'll go in while Gabbiee is sleeping, then we can do stuff later on."

It does seem odd that a random perp would be watching the house at 3 in the morning hoping mom would leave. Even if someone did see mom leave, unless they were really familiar with the family, they would not know that a teenager was left alone in the house.

One thing that seemed odd to me was the alarm clock. If it was set for 5:25, how would it still be going off two hours later? Don't alarm clocks go off automatically after a few minutes?

Did mom tell anyone at all she was leaving? Not just the male friend but anyone? Probably not, 3am is late to call anyone...just thinking out loud I guess. Have Gabbies cell record been checked? Maybe she called the male friend looking for mom if she woke up and mom wasn't there? But why not just call mom, so that probably didn't happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

One thing that seemed odd to me was the alarm clock. If it was set for 5:25, how would it still be going off two hours later? Don't alarm clocks go off automatically after a few minutes?

I've had my alarm clock for about 8 years and it will stay on for an hour before it stops. I know this because it was left on accidently and when I got home it was still going. It will last an hour. Not sure if there are alarm clocks that go for two hours. That is an odd amount time though. Are there some that don't turn off?
Worried about Gabbiee!

Did mom tell anyone at all she was leaving? Not just the male friend but anyone? Probably not, 3am is late to call anyone...just thinking out loud I guess. Have Gabbies cell record been checked? Maybe she called the male friend looking for mom if she woke up and mom wasn't there? But why not just call mom, so that probably didn't happen.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bbm: Along the same lines, I was wondering if Gabbiee might have been too asleep to register what her mom was saying to her as she left, but roused up enough, after mom left, to find the phone in her hand -- and mom not there. Maybe she sleepily wandered outside to see if mom was outside, if her car was there, etc. -- and something happened there...?

I'm sure LE has checked her phone records -- do wonder if she called or tried to call anyone.

I've had my alarm clock for about 8 years and it will stay on for an hour before it stops. I know this because it was left on accidently and when I got home it was still going. It will last an hour. Not sure if there are alarm clocks that go for two hours. That is an odd amount time though. Are there some that don't turn off?
Worried about Gabbiee!

Yeah, I think there probably are some types that don't turn off automatically.

Yeah, I think there probably are some types that don't turn off automatically.

Not a single one of the three in my house turn off automatically. They continue until you turn them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I don't get is why did she take a 15year olds phone away at 8:30 during the summer for time management? I would understand if it was a school night but summer?? I have 2 teens and a 12 year old, unless they were being punished for something then they have their phone. Also the going into work had to be decided after Gabbie went to bed otherwise why not tell her before she went to sleep? So many questions. Hope they find this beautiful girl soon.

What I don't get is why did she take a 15year olds phone away at 8:30 during the summer for time management? I would understand if it was a school night but summer?? I have 2 teens and a 12 year old, unless they were being punished for something then they have their phone. Also the going into work had to be decided after Gabbie went to bed otherwise why not tell her before she went to sleep? So many questions. Hope they find this beautiful girl soon.

Maybe "time management" means they have a limited plan and she doesn't want what a typical teenager would do and exceed their allotted minutes. It took one gigantic phone bill for me to switch to an unlimited plan - not because my son was going over the limit but because I was. ;)

Very good point. I did not think of that. My kids have unlimited plans because God help my wallet if they didn't. What is ur opinion on the alarm clock? It's summer time and it's set for 5:30? I mentioned this to my kids and a few of their friends that were over and they all looked at me as though I had two heads!

Both my son and I sometimes forget to reset our alarms for the weekends so that could be a possibility... and yes, those dang things blare until you physically turn them off!

I also read where she had just made the cheerleading squad so maybe they had an early morning practice before it got too hot outside. The football team does that here - they even had a midnight practice a few weeks ago; the cheerleaders where there too.

Another thought is that about week before school began my son started getting his circadian rhythm back in sync with regular school hours so it would be easier to adjust to getting up early. Sometimes I forget he is a teenage boy because he often acts older than his own mother. :)

My son also got back into the school routine about a week before school started. My daughter also made the cheer team and had 9am practices all summer.I do not think the mom was involved but there was what a 2-4 hour of oppurtunity for someone? Either a huge coincidence or she told someone else she was leaving in moo.
Both my son and I sometimes forget to reset our alarms for the weekends so that could be a possibility... and yes, those dang things blare until you physically turn them off!

I also read where she had just made the cheerleading squad so maybe they had an early morning practice before it got too hot outside. The football team does that here - they even had a midnight practice a few weeks ago; the cheerleaders where there too.

Another thought is that about week before school began my son started getting his circadian rhythm back in sync with regular school hours so it would be easier to adjust to getting up early. Sometimes I forget he is a teenage boy because he often acts older than his own mother. :)

I'm just throwing out some random thoughts that may or may not be plausible to these circumstances.

If the mom had called or told anyone she was leaving then that would have showed up in her phone records and the PI or LE would probably have a person(s) of interest by now. That person would know they spoke with her and would either skip town or the conversation would not be a secret if they had nothing to hide - either way it would be made public because they were looking for someone or to establish the timeline.

We had a rash of home invasions in our area (different state) several months ago and sometimes they bust in, knock on the door, sneak in through an unlocked door/window or break-in... there isn't a set time of day or method.

Someone could have been driving by, saw the mom leave at an odd hour - lights off in the house and they took the opportunity or they could have been planning it.

Maybe a door was accidentally left unlocked or maybe they knocked on the door just in case. Either way - they gained access to the house without evidence of a break-in. Maybe she heard them, grabbed her cell phone and they caught her retrieving it (took her and the phone)...

My apologies if none of the above fit or have already been discussed... I'm a bit late to the thread.

If you watch the long interview with her she says she checked on Gabbie at 330...she didn't say anything about work.

She said that she wanted to teach her daughter about not being on the phone so she set limits and should have given her mom the phone at 830. But that night Gabbie had the phone at 10 when she started watching the movie with her mom....her mom woke Gabbie up at midnight and said to go up bed. Gabbie had the phone until then and she said she could have been texting up until around 11am or so because she had fallen asleep and wouldn't have known if she was using the phone. Then her mom said she woke Gabbie at 345 to say she was leaving and gave her the phone.

If you watch the long interview with her she says she checked on Gabbie at 330...she didn't say anything about work.
(snipped)
Then her mom said she woke Gabbie at 345 to say she was leaving and gave her the phone.

I would like to know the actual times:

What time did mom say she decided to leave gabbie alone and go into the office and what time mom say she FIRST told gabbie of her decision to leave her alone?

Search for missing cheerleader intensifies

"Luv this Sheriff's response"..

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott has activated his major crimes unit – a team of veteran investigators, replacing the missing persons unit that initially handled the case. He said Wednesday he is highly concerned about the 15-year-old girl’s vanishing with no trace.

“We’ve put our best people on this,” Lott said in an interview. “We’re going to work this like it’s something bad, in hopes that it turns out to be something good.”

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SawYourFace
Back