SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JVM is always slapdash. Though I am not a fan of NG either, or HLN. But this was all over the place, kind of a mess.

I like that clu, slapdash. :floorlaugh:

Trying to catch up. :back:

Has her twitter been partially deleted? Now I am not seeing posts from January until July of last year. Has it always been like that? I could swear we were looking at posts from March a few weeks ago.

They are all still there. Just checked with Twitter's TweetDeck tool.

I thought she was wearing a skirt in the date picture? I could be wrong. I think she did have a purse (that is JMO) as a woman who was 20 once especially on a date, you never know what you will need while out (they were out a long time) and even if she didn't take it on the date her family and RM would know if she was missing 1 from the house. I think she would have cash on hand working in the restaurant industry and usually lots of smaller bills so unless she had a BIG wallet.... IMO. Still not 100% sure what to think about this case.

I agree about the NSFW tag, that is is exactly where I was yesterday when I clicked it. OMG

What does NSFW mean? Pondering here. Thanks.

I thought she was wearing a skirt in the date picture? I could be wrong. I think she did have a purse (that is JMO) as a woman who was 20 once especially on a date, you never know what you will need while out (they were out a long time) and even if she didn't take it on the date her family and RM would know if she was missing 1 from the house. I think she would have cash on hand working in the restaurant industry and usually lots of smaller bills so unless she had a BIG wallet.... IMO. Still not 100% sure what to think about this case.

I agree about the NSFW tag, that is is exactly where I was yesterday when I clicked it. OMG

Maybe her roommate would know but I doubt her family would know about her purses, she may have had many. We have not even heard if anyone has figured out what clothes she may have had on, much less a purse. I don't understand why it hasn't been announced that at least a certain jacket or shoes are unaccounted for...surely that much could be determined? I have seldom heard of a missing person report without some clothing description included. JMO

Maybe her roommate would know but I doubt her family would know about her purses, she may have had many. We have not even heard if anyone has figured out what clothes she may have had on, much less a purse. I don't understand why it hasn't been announced that at least a certain jacket or shoes are unaccounted for...surely that much could be determined? I have seldom heard of a missing person report without some clothing description included. JMO

BBM I agree! There is no description of clothing (b/c nobody is sure when she went missing) but you bring up a good point, I assume it would be process of elimination if the clothes from the date were back at the apartment.

All good except that PTL is not really a 'dock' or 'pier'. It consists only of a ramp to launch a boat from a trailer and some places to park the vehicle/trailer while out on the boat. There is no place to tie up, dock or berth a boat.

I respectively disagree. I have a boat and have made many pit stops along the banks of many waters that look just like that area, because I carry a long rope in the boat. Its as simple as pulling up to the bank, and tossing the rope out and tying it around the nearest tree.

At some point in the beginning, the media reported that LE did not know what she was wearing when she disappeared and I don't recall seeing any change on this aspect. Maybe they found the clothes she was wearing on her date in her condo. She had only been living with the roommate for 2 weeks, so its possible the roommate is not familiar enough with HE's clothing to know if anything is missing.

Someone else on here brought up the question as to whether or not she wore contacts. We've never heard one way or another. If she did she would likely have contact solution, etc., in her purse. Which means it is very likely that if she left the condo for something than a quick out & back - like to a convenience store - she would have had her purse. IOW, an intention on her part to be out for longer than 15-30 minutes.

If someone has enough clothes, how would you know what was missing unless it was a favorite item?

Have you all tried people browser. ..I think that's what it is called

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Speaking of PeopleBrowsr, on the Teleka Patrick case sleuthers used it to find tweets Teleka had deleted. (None of her tweets are displayed on Twitter itself, I think because Teleka deleted the accounts.) If, as has been suggested, someone tampered with Heather's Twitter, would any deleted tweets show up in PeopleBrowsr the same way?

FYI, when I search PeopleBrowsr for @HeatherElvis, there are no tweets after 11/29, just like what Twitter itself shows. If PeopleBrowsr does show all deleted tweets, there are still none after 11/29.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe Heather was with the date she and the date said she was with. I don't believe she had any reason to further convolute her life with an unnecessary fabrication that served no purpose. She made her own choices, worked where she wanted to work, took a new job she wanted to take, paid her own bills, and had relationships as she chose to have them.

It would be a lot of work to come up with the date who isn't really the date story and advance it through sending phony pictures etc., when in reality, I don't think anyone in her life was or would have been that focused on what she was doing on a Tuesday night in December.

If someone has enough clothes, how would you know what was missing unless it was a favorite item?

I think if you have a picture of what she had on the last known time she was seen and the clothes are in the condo...or not...either scenario tells you something about her activities and may help the timeline.

I have heard people involved in other MP cases pushing the theory that the MP person just took off...always makes me suspicious when this theory is pushed forward by a potential POI. Anyway...

I respectively disagree. I have a boat and have made many pit stops along the banks of many waters that look just like that area, because I carry a long rope in the boat. Its as simple as pulling up to the bank, and tossing the rope out and tying it around the nearest tree.

Oh, I agree and I've done the same. My point was, though, that Trackergd asked if space was rented there to dock boats and had the registrations of those boats been checked. I believe, and the locals on here can correct me if I'm wrong, but the landing has no docks or space for rent. It's used on a first-come basis. And as far as a log book goes, if it anything like some of the small landings I've used in the past, there isn't likely to be one. I haven't heard if one of the nearby trailers had any sort of administration of the landing with a log book. If so, there would be a source for LE to pinpoint when the car was first seen there by interviewing those who entered in the log book.

Are all the boats at the dock registered and membership required? Do they rent slips to someone traveling? If so, did LE check the log book to see what boats were there at the time she went missing, and after she left? Any still missing? Any police report about a stolen boats in the area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader