SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I never really paid attention to the clothes she was wearing in the picture until just now and then I checked the weather in MB. I forget people aren't cold in winter like me :( I see this week, it's 50ish...a little more and a little less. Was it warmer last moth when she disappeared? I notice she is wearing capris and a short sleeve shirt. I though the peach thing next to her is a scarf. Purse?

I didn't look close enough, but taking a closer look, I think you're right. I can see through it. Thanks.

And after taking a closer look... doesn't the speedometer work? I see the tachometer works.

And after taking a closer look... doesn't the speedometer work? I see the tachometer works.

probably wasn't moving...manual tranny so the clutch could have been in with her foot on the gas(like she was in first gear before she let out the clutch)

I'm getting confused with the terminology.

Does the US version of "purse" mean "handbag"?

See, when "purse" is mentioned, I automatically think you're referring to a wallet.

I wonder if she had it on her date,didn't see it in the photo.

Could it have been on the passenger seat floor or the backseat? IMO Heather would not be able to nurse a purse and phone whilst handling the gears and steering wheel.

See, when "purse" is mentioned, I automatically think you're referring to a wallet.

I think so, confuses me too!

The date would know. Maybe that's why TE says it's missing. But it's just dawning on me, if the date brought her home then it's probably a moot point of rather or not she had it on the date.

Perhaps he has a roommate(s) or lives with his family? He could have stopped off at a friend's place after dropping Heather off at her condo.
It seems as though he was cleared right off the bat.

Before going to sleep which I'm about to do on my computer, I took a quick look here because I was afraid this misunderstanding might happen.

I'm not suggesting the date is the perp. I'm suggesting the date was never on a date with Heather but was a name she used to cover for going out with OM.

Therefore, when LE came knocking on the date's door, the date told LE that he was HE's cover and nothing more. That's why he doesn't know exactly when he left HE's place because he never did!
HE may have been out with OM all night.

Is this crazy? I actually think it makes sense. HE wasn't going to tell her mom she had a date with OM now was she?

Anyway, I posted about four posts related to this theory and you have to read them all as they build on each other.

or maybe not a moot point, because unless she had it on the date, the date described it and LE couldn't find it at her residence, how would TE know it was missing?

I wonder if she had it on her date,didn't see it in the photo.

Topcat, read the last line in my post that you quoted.
There's a debate if that's a 'purse' on the dash of the truck.
If it is, that could be HE's missing purse.
If it's a cap on the dash, then it's not her purse.

TE keeps stating HE had a purse (not wallet), purse is a more modern way of saying handbag,<Mod Snip>
That's all I know.

Good night for real now. :seeya:

After reading SM sites for days and following news reports and reading theories I just want to say that we must remember that HE is a young 20 girl. I know a couple and they are VERY different that I remember being...maybe more outgoing but less mature? IMO....anyway when I was young I am not proud to say I was in a situation like HE with an OMM. He controlled me by telling me he loved me and all of the things young girls in love want to hear. My friends all gave me a bad time after watching me sit home alone and not go anywhere. So I decided to change things. I went out and OMM had a fit. He came to bar I was at and drug me out. To me that proved he loved me so I stayed for awhile longer. But it was the same. I decided enough was enough. I left him. I went on with my life. As soon as I went on a first date OMM was waiting for me to get home. DRUNK and upset. Of course it made me cry and I was confused but I would not have told anyone I was still talking to him (I said I was done) and when I told him I would not go back to him he left. He kept calling me all night long. He threatened suicide and he had a bottle of whiskey and he was driving up in the forest. Guess what I Did?? I went looking for him...to save him of course. So this case gives me chills. That was 30 years ago or so. Some things do not change (Thank goodness I did!)

Before going to sleep which I'm about to do on my computer, I took a quick look here because I was afraid this misunderstanding might happen.

I'm not suggesting the date is the perp. I'm suggesting the date was never on a date with Heather but was a name she used to cover for going out with OM.

Therefore, when LE came knocking on the date's door, the date told LE that he was HE's cover and nothing more. That's why he doesn't know exactly when he left HE's place because he never did!
HE may have been out with OM all night.

Is this crazy? I actually think it makes sense. HE wasn't going to tell her mom she had a date with OM now was she?

Anyway, I posted about four posts related to this theory and you have to read them all as they build on each other.

why would she hide it from Bri and whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck(wouldn't SS have it on his phone?)?
I'm going to have to put my tinfoil hat on to figure this out...LOL

good night for now..I got about a foot of snow to shovel...

f
I never really paid attention to the clothes she was wearing in the picture until just now and then I checked the weather in MB. I forget people aren't cold in winter like me :( I see this week, it's 50ish...a little more and a little less. Was it warmer last moth when she disappeared? I notice she is wearing capris and a short sleeve shirt. I though the peach thing next to her is a scarf. Purse?

DECEMBER 17th -

Temps peaked at 66 F between 2-3 PM
Temp dropped to 55 F around 6:30/7:00 PM and held at 55 throughout the entire night

DECEMBER 18th -

12 AM 55 F
At 1:45 AM temps began to fall steadily until reaching 38 F just before 7 AM
Temps increased as the sun came up, reaching the daily high of 53 F by mid afternoon
Temps began dropping around 4 PM and the low reached 33 F

ON BOTH DAYS

Full sunrise - 7:14 AM
Twilight - 6:47 AM and 6:48 AM

**OF NOTE**

DEC 17 - 100% FULL MOON with clear skies

DEC 18 - 98 % FULL MOON with clear skies

First of all ...hello everyone, newbie here :loveyou: I have been following WS and must say this case has my head spinning. My heart certainly goes out to HE and her family.

To throw in my perspective (after much studying of HE's SM)

I believe HE never "got over" the OM. I think she had the OM in the back of her mind during her date. I know when I was younger I had a couple infatuations with unavailable men, and I would be a bit bold in making that person "jealous"(going on dates is always the best tactic).

What throws me off in the latest development with her phone interactions, is the the fact that the roommate stated that HE stated that the OM had "left" his wife. Not that he was "leaving" his wife. When a married man says he has left his wife, this is an action statement. Once he has left his wife, that means he now plans on being with you. In HE's situation, IMO, she couldn't possibly have planned on continuing a relationship in Myrtle Beach (particularly if the OM had children). I think the OM suggested they run away together, and this is what brought on the flurry of emotion, and possibly the back and forth of phone calls, for HE. Leaving friends, family behind (even for a short time) could be overwhelming and upsetting, but for a young girl in love, I don't think there was a doubt whether or not she would pursue this, even if temporarily. It's likely the OM suggested they meet up and leave immediately, not giving her much time to plan or prepare. I think the hours of calls could have been her trying to get more time or delay the sudden departure.

I also don't believe HE would mention her plans to her roommate. Dating a married man is typically off-limits for discussion, and it does lend to the fact that she may have fabricated a new "ex" or "boyfriend" with a different name, so that no one (particularly family members) was the wiser of her seeing a married man. And I can't imagine being in HE's shoes and planning on seeing a man that just left his wife, I would fear for my life (literally). But I could see myself running away with someone (if I really did love him, even ignorantly so) and leaving the troubles and turmoil behind. HE many times eluded to "getting away" on her Twitter, so the idea could actually have been a bit romantic albeit traumatizing at first.

The fact that the OM said he left his wife is what is a big red flag to me (if the roommate did in fact recall that correctly). I think either HE was set up, or (less likely) that the OM did plan to run away with her and the spouse discovered the plans, and interrupted the intended rendezvous. This situation would also have enabled the OM or his spouse (or both) to use HE's phone after they "met up" to post some suggestive posts to her Tumblr. But most married men I know that cheat on their wives (and I know plenty and hear all the secrets...I'm a bartender) never actually leave their wives, they always tell their lovers/mistresses they will leave their wives and string them along and trade them in for another when needed.

More importantly, most married men that cheat on their wives would NEVER leave their wives without having already solidified their next hook up. As in, the OM would have already re-connected with HE to make sure he was clearly in his control, BEFORE leaving his wife. The whole "I left my wife I want to be with you" sounds like complete BS, unless he was one of the few married men that was controlled by his wife and he actually had to leave because the wife was the abusive one (so I'm including that as a minute possibility.)

I think HE drove to PTL to meet with the OM, and the two went elsewhere (where possibly the spouse showed up). I don't doubt the OM and his spouse may have premeditated this, particularly if the OM had children and HE was aggressively pursuing the relationship. I could see this being an ultimatum where the spouse had "dirt" on the OM, and threatened to "out" him if he didn't agree (perhaps reluctantly) to "get rid" of HE so therefore likely was a joint effort, but very much instigated originally by the spurned spouse.

Just my theory.

The thought of finding out my husband is having an affair with a beautiful 20-year-old... ugh. The pain it would cause doesn't justify anything, but the motive is definitely there. Doesn't this classify as a "crime of passion"? Particularly if the two do have children together.

HE could have also inadvertently or perhaps intentionally let the wife know of what was going on (hoping the wife would leave the husband). The OM could have pretended to play it cool, but set her up for a violent confrontation.

Either way...OM (and spouse) I believe is involved.

**Also, I typically imbibe a bit when I'm out on a date. Perhaps HE had a couple alcoholic beverages that night? If so, what was HE's state of mind by 6AM? If HE had been a bit tipsy during and after any of this, that could greatly affect the whole situation, and increase the ability for someone to take advantage/attack her with little struggle.

After reading SM sites for days and following news reports and reading theories I just want to say that we must remember that HE is a young 20 girl. I know a couple and they are VERY different that I remember being...maybe more outgoing but less mature? IMO....anyway when I was young I am not proud to say I was in a situation like HE with an OMM. He controlled me by telling me he loved me and all of the things young girls in love want to hear. My friends all gave me a bad time after watching me sit home alone and not go anywhere. So I decided to change things. I went out and OMM had a fit. He came to bar I was at and drug me out. To me that proved he loved me so I stayed for awhile longer. But it was the same. I decided enough was enough. I left him. I went on with my life. As soon as I went on a first date OMM was waiting for me to get home. DRUNK and upset. Of course it made me cry and I was confused but I would not have told anyone I was still talking to him (I said I was done) and when I told him I would not go back to him he left. He kept calling me all night long. He threatened suicide and he had a bottle of whiskey and he was driving up in the forest. Guess what I Did?? I went looking for him...to save him of course. So this case gives me chills. That was 30 years ago or so. Some things do not change (Thank goodness I did!)

:seeya: Welcome and awesome first post! Thank you for joining us and sharing your experience. I don't remember anyone suggesting that OM suicide scenario - and it could also be how Heather was lured to the landing.

probably wasn't moving...manual tranny so the clutch could have been in with her foot on the gas(like she was in first gear before she let out the clutch)

I know. I was just thinking about it being sent to her dad with the caption it had. I don't mean to insinuate anything questionable, but rather the irony

First of all ...hello everyone, newbie here :loveyou: I have been following WS and must say this case has my head spinning. My heart certainly goes out to HE and her family.

To throw in my perspective (after much studying of HE's SM)

I believe HE never "got over" the OM. I think she had the OM in the back of her mind during her date. I know when I was younger I had a couple infatuations with unavailable men, and I would be a bit bold in making that person "jealous"(going on dates is always the best tactic).

What throws me off in the latest development with her phone interactions, is the the fact that the roommate stated that HE stated that the OM had "left" his wife. Not that he was "leaving" his wife. When a married man says he has left his wife, this is an action statement. Once he has left his wife, that means he now plans on being with you. In HE's situation, IMO, she couldn't possibly have planned on continuing a relationship in Myrtle Beach (particularly if the OM had children). I think the OM suggested they run away together, and this is what brought on the flurry of emotion, and possibly the back and forth of phone calls, for HE. Leaving friends, family behind (even for a short time) could be overwhelming and upsetting, but for a young girl in love, I don't think there was a doubt whether or not she would pursue this, even if temporarily. It's likely the OM suggested they meet up and leave immediately, not giving her much time to plan or prepare. I think the hours of calls could have been her trying to get more time or delay the sudden departure.

I also don't believe HE would mention her plans to her roommate. Dating a married man is typically off-limits for discussion, and it does lend to the fact that she may have fabricated a new "ex" or "boyfriend" with a different name, so that no one (particularly family members) was the wiser of her seeing a married man. And I can't imagine being in HE's shoes and planning on seeing a man that just left his wife, I would fear for my life (literally). But I could see myself running away with someone (if I really did love him, even ignorantly so) and leaving the troubles and turmoil behind. HE many times eluded to "getting away" on her Twitter, so the idea could actually have been a bit romantic albeit traumatizing at first.

The fact that the OM said he left his wife is what is a big red flag to me (if the roommate did in fact recall that correctly). I think either HE was set up, or (less likely) that the OM did plan to run away with her and the spouse discovered the plans, and interrupted the intended rendezvous. This situation would also have enabled the OM or his spouse (or both) to use HE's phone after they "met up" to post some suggestive posts to her Tumblr. But most married men I know that cheat on their wives (and I know plenty and hear all the secrets...I'm a bartender) never actually leave their wives, they always tell their lovers/mistresses they will leave their wives and string them along and trade them in for another when needed.

More importantly, most married men that cheat on their wives would NEVER leave their wives without having already solidified their next hook up. As in, the OM would have already re-connected with HE to make sure he was clearly in his control, BEFORE leaving his wife. The whole "I left my wife I want to be with you" sounds like complete BS, unless he was one of the few married men that was controlled by his wife and he actually had to leave because the wife was the abusive one (so I'm including that as a minute possibility.)

I think HE drove to PTL to meet with the OM, and the two went elsewhere (where possibly the spouse showed up). I don't doubt the OM and his spouse may have premeditated this, particularly if the OM had children and HE was aggressively pursuing the relationship. I could see this being an ultimatum where the spouse had "dirt" on the OM, and threatened to "out" him if he didn't agree (perhaps reluctantly) to "get rid" of HE so therefore likely was a joint effort, but very much instigated originally by the spurned spouse.

Just my theory.

The thought of finding out my husband is having an affair with a beautiful 20-year-old... ugh. The pain it would cause doesn't justify anything, but the motive is definitely there. Doesn't this classify as a "crime of passion"? Particularly if the two do have children together.

HE could have also inadvertently or perhaps intentionally let the wife know of what was going on (hoping the wife would leave the husband). The OM could have pretended to play it cool, but set her up for a violent confrontation.

Either way...OM (and spouse) I believe is involved.

**Also, I typically imbibe a bit when I'm out on a date. Perhaps HE had a couple alcoholic beverages that night? If so, what was HE's state of mind by 6AM? If HE had been a bit tipsy during and after any of this, that could greatly affect the whole situation, and increase the ability for someone to take advantage/attack her with little struggle.

Welcome!!!! Your post makes a lot of sense to me, given what facts we have. Poor Heather.

Yep. It is a general term really. The thing with your necessities in it which you carry with you when you go places, what we would call our 'bag' - 'handbag' being a bit more formal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia