SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why now? Strange imo.
And, not all my questions were answered.

Go ahead and laugh because I see no real holes yet.

I don't think TE found that info helpful to finding his daughter so there was no rush to put it out there.
I would never laugh at someones theories as long as they use the case facts to draw conclusions..you have an open mind /seeing outside the box and that helps all of us to reexamine the case...thanks

I actually had a shirt just like the one she is wearing in the truck pic (I am sure it was the exact same print). It was great for work and other things. I cannot say the brand of it because it has to do with the rumored situation we are not allowed to mention.

I don't think it's as bothersome as leaving the impression that she ran away...which is what I came away with from this interview. I'm sure he's reading comments online about people noticing he's referring to her in past tense and simply became mindful of it, if only just so the public doesn't think she's dead and gives up on her story.
I also got the distinct impression that he thought she had run away. Unless it's a coping mechanism to convince himself that she's still alive... I personally don't discount the idea that she may have run away.

I think if your involved with a married man you would have a special place that you would go to meet. The 6 am exchanging of whatever on the phone seems a little strange. A 20 year old up at 6 am after being out late the night before. So did Om and He have a planned event that day they were confirming?

Well she did not have to work for three more days...staying up would not be a big deal, IMO.

Not sure if it is relevant but IMO she is wearing a gray skirt and the thing by her leg is a plastic cup. My DH's Ranger has cup holders on each side of the shifter. No real reason just an observation.

I don't think it's as bothersome as leaving the impression that she ran away...which is what I came away with from this interview. I'm sure he's reading comments online about people noticing he's referring to her in past tense and simply became mindful of it, if only just so the public doesn't think she's dead and gives up on her story.

I didn't realize it was something that was being commented about online. Other than my own, I hadn't read any. I'm guessing then maybe they are on FB? I quit bothering with it when a bounty was stated.

I didn't feel the HLN interview alluded to running away. If that's the general consensus though then I'd like to know what caused such a shift.

I also got the distinct impression that he thought she had run away, unless it's a coping mechanism to convince himself that she's still alive... I personally don't discount the idea that she may have run away.

After I saw the video I thought back to a comment he made a few days ago calling out to her and saying something about no matter what it is, just come home and he'll fix it. Also, the first bullet on the HLN page says she disappeared from Florida and initially I thought that meant this wasn't the first time she vanished, but now I think it's probably just an error. They really should correct that. Really makes a difference in missing persons cases.

Well she did not have to work for three more days...staying up would not be a big deal, IMO.

I know when I was 20 years if I stayed up late the night before or went out. There was no way I would be up at 6 am the next morning.

Just watched the HLN video and definitely have something I want to say even though I don't think it will go over well.

I watched and read previous interviews and read his xojane article. I noticed he spoke of HE in both the past and present tense in both. It bothered me, but I thought well maybe he had already began to accept that she may not be returning. I wondered why.

Watching the HLN video just posted I noticed he only refers to her in the present tense. I would have expected that in the first interviews and because he didn't in past interviews, but does now, I'm really, REALLY bothered. How often does that happen?

I think the change of tense probably has a lot to do with his frame of mind at the time of the interview or when he was writing the article. I'm sure his emotions go from desperation to hope that she's alive to anger at whoever might be responsible to despair, etcetera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the earlier comments about "4 months" of her Twitter missing there is a way to get them off. I am following the Teleka Patrick case and WS pulled deleted tweets & compiled them. I *think* it was in the news about (not) being ethical but just wanted to put that out there. I spent most of my afternoon "downstairs" reading them & my brain is exhausted so prob why I can't come up with any new ideas or questions for HE case.

For the earlier comments about "4 months" of her Twitter missing there is a way to get them off. I am following the Teleka Patrick case and WS pulled deleted tweets & compiled them. I *think* it was in the news about (not) being ethical but just wanted to put that out there. I spent most of my afternoon "downstairs" reading them & my brain is exhausted so prob why I can't come up with any new ideas or questions for HE case.

What four months are missing?

A couple days ago someone on this thread (an earlier # though) explained how to recover the deleted tweets. I don't know if a Mod deleted the post or I just lost track of where it was in the thread because I was cramming.

She was still up, IMO. Not unusual really, same as all-nighters in college.

Yes she was still up which is my point. She was exchanging phone messages with the OM. So the point is did she just get back from being with him or was she going to meet him. Was she coming back from a hotel, bar, house, or anything.

I had already read her twitter, and when I looked today, there was nothing from Jan-June, I think it was. I remember because someone directed is to view a March post, and I did, at the time. It may not have been deleted, but did not turn up today when I clicked on a link for her twitter.

Does anyone know where I can get a high resolution pic of her driving in the car? I want to see if the mall window has "red" Christmas decor, Close up of his keys with the purple caribeaner and dangly something or other hanging on it, & the sports logo on the hat

I had plenty of all-nighters when I was that age (or, at least, I would be going to bed around 5-8). I don't think it is that strange that she would still be awake if she got home at 2ish and started fighting with an Ex at some point afterward. We also know from her twitter that she stays up late a lot and has issues sleeping.

When I was 20, there were many times when I didn't go to bed until the sun came up (esp if I didn't have to work the next day)..

Have your hat on?
Why would Heather hide from Bri? (I'm not sure Heather hid anything from Bri. Bri said Heather's date went well. Did Bri ever say who Heather was on the date with?)

Whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck? (I don't know. TE said he received the picture when HE was on her date. Therefore we know the picture exists on TE's phone, but we haven't been told the forensics regarding whose phone the picture originated.)

The date info is sketchy imo. TE says he never met the guy, didn't know his name on December 19th, and doesn't know him. Did his wife tell him who HE was with on her date? If so, Heather may have told her mom she was going out with SS when she was really going out with OM.

My tin hat let a current enter into my brain - looks like a lightbulb when this happens - and I had a thought; what if, the OM was Heather's date all along and SS was just a name she tossed out (to Bri and/or just her mom possibly) as a cover. Maybe Heather wasn't getting the support she needed from her friends while continuing to carry on with the married man. Maybe they were encouraging her to move on so HE kept it on the downlow when she was going to meet with OM. Maybe Bri was told by HE that HE was going on a date with SS, when HE really went out with OM. Or, maybe Bri knew all along who HE was out with, WHICH IS WHY THE TWO CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW HE'S DATE WENT AND OM LEAVING HIS WIFE SEEM DISCONNECTED.

This theory does require a thinking cap but, for some reason, makes sense to me. By the time the police report was released, SS possibly told LE that he wasn't HE's date and that's why LE gave him a lie detector test.

Posters mentioned previously that maybe SS stopped off to get gas or stopped off at a store on his hour to at least thirty minute drive home from HE's apartment to MI. If he really was on the date with HE (and not just named as a cover), then surely he would have told LE about his stops and they'd check his receipt and video, etc. But we're not privy to any investigation LE did in order to outrule SS. I'm certain though, LE would not just take his word carte blanche though. And, if the picture is on SS's phone as the one who took the picture, my theory is out the window. But has LE confirmed the source of the picture? Not that I'm aware of.

So, 1) Dad doesn't know SS or want/need to meet him.
2) SS seems lame about details of the date (what did HE and SS do after 10:45 p.m. until possibly 2:30 a.m.?
3) Why does the police report use the time the picture was sent to TE on their report for the "occurrence date"?

I'd love to know where the picture originated but will not assume to know as we've not been officially advised. We've not been officially advised as to anyone's phone records either.

One more thought, Bri may have been in on the cover and when she was first asked what she knew about HE and her date, Bri may have been caught off guard and stuck to the cover story (about the date) and then moved on to tell LE, oh, by the way, there's also the OM issue who told HE he wanted to commit to her now and HE became emotional upon hearing his plan.

Poke holes.

Why would HE hide stuff from roommate? Even though she may have known her for a while in a work/social setting, NOW she is living with her and only for 2 wks. May not be ready to reveal EVERYTHING. (OK, I failed to shoot holes in that aspect. Could be why we don’t know what clothing is missing from HE’s closet because she has only been the roommate for 2 wks and therefore has no clue what is missing from HE’s closet. Also may mean we are missing something else because HE did not share w/roommate.) Of course, the roommate did provide a phone number to TE if I remember tonight’s interview correctly.

Good question on who took the photo. Wouldn’t the date’s phone reveal that? But we haven’t been told.

Date info sketchy. OK, now we know tonight that the date called TE and they talked for 20 minutes. But a 7 hour date. So driving to the restaurant and eating – maybe 3.5 hours? Driving the truck in the parking lot – 1 to 1.5 hours. The other 2 hours? Yeah, sketchy. And I may be liberal on those times. And, really, it isn’t like the date kept looking at his watch to note the time. We know about the 10:43 text only because it shows on the text. After that, the date picked HE up at 7 PM and brought her back at 2-2:30 AM.

An outside the box thought that the ‘date’ was a cover for OM. Since the date was cleared and his story keeps coming out, I’m inclined to think the date story checks out. BUT then we go to sketchy details of the date. I don’t have enough to punch a hole in this theory.

And all of this doesn't touch on the car. Did dogs find a scent at PTL? (We don't know.) When was the car first there? (Is activity around the landing so sparse in Dec. that no one drove by for 36 hours? I've got to wonder if someone came out during that time to fish for bass or perch. Or a local at one of the nearby trailers.)

And access to the condo? Could HE provided someone with a spare key? Would the roommate know since she was out of town anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sazy3