SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The view of Twitter on mobile is not the same as the one on a computer. Not all tweets show on mobile.

Well I saw full version on Ipad last week...do not have a working computer. Oh well.

I had already read her twitter, and when I looked today, there was nothing from Jan-June, I think it was. I remember because someone directed is to view a March post, and I did, at the time. It may not have been deleted, but did not turn up today when I clicked on a link for her twitter.

I just looked and was able to view back to April but then my iPad threw me out and I gave up.

OMG- can you all slow down, puleeeeeze??? I've been trying to catch up for about two hours and I"m only on page 19. Can we get a temporary shut down??
:tantrum:
:floorlaugh:

OMG- can you all slow down, puleeeeeze??? I've been trying to catch up for about two hours and I"m only on page 19. Can we get a temporary shut down??
:tantrum:
:floorlaugh:

It shouldn't take too much longer if posts keep disappearing.:banghead: Sorry...this one probably didn't help your situation.

I find this all frustrating...especially after a month and still have no concrete info to have a POI. I do believe in innocent until proven guilty,however the majority of the people involved in this case seem to all agree with their gut feeling,something is just not right [modsnip]. While a gut feeling is not enough for a conviction,I do find it odd that every one seems to be on the same page.Hope this post didn't cross the line

Well I saw full version on Ipad last week...do not have a working computer. Oh well.

That's what Twitter itself says about mobile viewing. I think it has to do with loading top tweets, or some sort of relevance sorting.

Anyway, I can see her entire feed from my Mac and that hasn't changed since I've been referring to it all this time. So I don't think there have been any deletions at any point.

It shouldn't take too much longer if posts keep disappearing.:banghead: Sorry...this one probably didn't help your situation.

I can't even get through last night- and then I have all day today and tonight to go through!

A press conference by the HCPD PIO in the Heather Elvis investigation may be the catalyst for additional awareness needed in her case to bring in that one tip or eyewitness.
After over a month since her disappearance, I would hope that investigators would have noticed how valuable the public has been for spreading awareness in this case..
Why would you squander your most valuable investigative resource?

With no POI why is okay that the last two people known to be in contact with HE are allowed to be theorized openly as suspect?

IMO the OMM could have told HE on the phone that his wife found out about their affair and they had a big fight he wanted to meet and said he was going to leave his wife... <Mod snip>

Hello all.

Been lurking for a bit here on this case and wanted to add my thoughts on it.

I think it's a strong possibility she was meeting someone she knew and went with this person willingly. I think the fact her car was at a place she is personally familiar with says a lot. Someone mentioned the doors on the car were locked, seems like something you would do if you planned on leaving the immediate area. Perhaps this was to go on a drive or a walk with said person and something went wrong from there.

A stranger abduction doesn't seem likely to me although it can't be ruled out entirely. The only scenario I can think of here is one of opportunity. Perhaps she went out to clear her head and she was alone and therefor vulnerable.

Suicide seems highly unlikely. People who commit suicide very rarely go to such lengths that make it difficult for the body to be found.

Does anyone know if any mass searches have been conducted in the area of PTL yet?

Unfortunately I do not think triangulation will be an option here unless she used her cell phone after leaving PTL which doesn't seem to be the case from the information we currently have which isn't much.

It has been almost 3 weeks since HCPD has posted to their facebook page..unbelievable.. Scroll down & read the comments under Heather Elvis's info- posted 4 weeks ago..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horry-County-Police-Department-Official-Page/135784896487265

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24523501/harmful-effects-of-social-media-on-heather-elvis-case

Lieutenant Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department says they have only been using Facebook for a few years and in that time they have seen big results.

"It gives us the ability to get the information out as quickly as possible," he said.

Kegler says posting mug shots or surveillance camera video on their Facebook has led to tips and information that have helped solve crimes.

Hello all.

Been lurking for a bit here on this case and wanted to add my thoughts on it.

I think it's a strong possibility she was meeting someone she knew and went with this person willingly. I think the fact her car was at a place she is personally familiar with says a lot. Someone mentioned the doors on the car were locked, seems like something you would do if you planned on leaving the immediate area. Perhaps this was to go on a drive or a walk with said person and something went wrong from there.

A stranger abduction doesn't seem likely to me although it can't be ruled out entirely. The only scenario I can think of here is one of opportunity. Perhaps she went out to clear her head and she was alone and therefor vulnerable.

Suicide seems highly unlikely. People who commit suicide very rarely go to such lengths that make it difficult for the body to be found.

Does anyone know if any mass searches have been conducted in the area of PTL yet?

Unfortunately I do not think triangulation will be an option here unless she used her cell phone after leaving PTL which doesn't seem to be the case from the information we currently have which isn't much.

Hi, welcome to WS...

With no POI why is okay that the last two people known to be in contact with HE are allowed to be theorized openly as suspect?

It's not. You can't call them POI's or suspects. LE has not named anyone. If you are seeing posts like that, alert them so the mods can have a look.

They can be discussed and speculated about in terms of what was published by MSM and in terms of their status as the last people to see/speak with Heather. That's fine. They can't be named or sleuthed.

Hope that answers your question. If you have further questions, send Imamaze or myself a pm and we will be happy to answer.

Salem

It has been almost 3 weeks since HCPD has posted to their facebook page..unbelievable..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horry-County-Police-Department-Official-Page/135784896487265

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24523501/harmful-effects-of-social-media-on-heather-elvis-case

Lieutenant Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department says they have only been using Facebook for a few years and in that time they have seen big results.

"It gives us the ability to get the information out as quickly as possible," he said.

Kegler says posting mug shots or surveillance camera video on their Facebook has led to tips and information that have helped solve crimes.

You would think they would at least post the updated reward information. Really lacking, hope this is no sign of how the investigation is going.

You have to pull down to refresh the page and load more tweets. I just re-read all of them from my iPad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x