SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does "main stream media" include people that have interviews and call themselves " criminal case profilers"? If so...there are links to some interviews with omm camp that are interesting to read.

No, that isn't allowed, its not considered main stream media.

I wonder how well-known the case is in MB? [modsnip]

[modsnip]
In this case, most likely, very local to MB.
In other cases it may be beneficial to have a broader reach to bring a case to conclusion but in this case I'd want every person in MB to know who HE is and just when and where she vanished from and probably a few more details. . .

Has the case been on the local news in the evening? Often those without internet, or much interest in internet, make a point to watch the news.

The way LE is behaving, I am not really feeling that awareness is their issue, so much as determining if they have any real suspects on their hands, with actual evidence. But if they do not, then they could be missing some other angle by focusing, allegedly, on two men. Granted, I believe this focus is likely justified if not provable, but especially in a circumstantial case, they may need to prove they looked elsewhere. Without appealing to the public on a regular basis, this may be more difficult to show, IMO.

Looking at Heather's 'open' twitter again and the March postings are still there. Maybe it's her 'locked' twitter that has the 4 months missing?

Anyway, this jumped out at me. Wondering why she can't stand the distance and needs to be in Florida right then?
[modsnip]

I wonder how well-known the case is in MB? [modsnip]

There are posters up everywhere you go, it's impossible to miss. Anyone traveling on 544 near Peachtree Landing saw a "tip tent" and volunteers were handing out flyers for approximately 72 hours three weeks ago. Two weeks ago it was moved to River Oaks Drive by Heather's condo. Large billboards have been donated by local businesses and it's in the news. National exposure has kept people talking and levied the pressure even though I have felt from the beginning this involves local(s). I don't see how anyone in Horry County could be oblivious to this tragedy, it's in the forefront of everyone's mind.

[modsnip]
In this case, most likely, very local to MB.
In other cases it may be beneficial to have a broader reach to bring a case to conclusion but in this case I'd want every person in MB to know who HE is and just when and where she vanished from and probably a few more details. . .

SharetheLight, you never know where that one person that saw something may find out about her case. The flyers are advantageous in that convenience store workers, restaurant workers, fishermen, hunters, etc., may not watch the news or read the newspapers. Everyone shops for groceries and at wallmart. Most have a board for posting mp flyers. Then the folks will call family & friends and spread the word; word of mouth.. Many, if not most cases are solved to an aware citizens tip..

The case has been on the news, and there are flyers EVERYWHERE (I myself have them in my car and ask everywhere I go that doesn't have one up to put one up. Plus my work has some in the lobby for people to take to their places of business.) There's also I think like 17 billboards up (electronic ones.) It's also been in the news almost every day for a month, there was a period where it wasn't daily because stuff wasn't new, but then national stuff picked up so they started reporting on that fact and rehashing the case. Plus of course when a search finds something else it always brings it back up.

I live on the northern end of the strand (near the NC border) and yet when I take flyers into businesses to ask I have heard, from every single one, "OH yeah! I heard about this/shared this on facebook." So there is definite awareness. Now, homeless people may not know. I do know that there have been people taking flyers to the spanish speaking areas too though including ones translated, and talking to people so that a language barrier doesn't hurt the case. Not sure if anyone's really approached the homeless, except for at shelters.

ETA: Madam, thanks for that update ;)

I can't even get through last night- and then I have all day today and tonight to go through!

I'm totally with you on this! I can't seem to keep up. With so little info being released, I've been reading through every other page and following along that way.

Every time I log in, I hold my breath and am just waiting to see "found safe" or "found alive" in front of the thread title. :(

I only got through thread 1 & 2 when I joined in around thread 7, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. The family land (heather's family) on peachtree rd., was that a grandparents or something? Is this why she felt so comfortable in that area?

I am glad to see that the case is well-known in MB. I have followed cases that were covered by the media, yet we had locals comment that they asked around about the case, and people were not aware of it. I like that the family has been using multiple avenues---billboards, flyers, MSM, and social media--to reach as many people as possible.

I'm in surfside beach (10 minutes south of MB) and we have fliers EVERYWHERE. My neighborhood actually has them on all the stop signs!

On that note: I'm taking my icicle hands and shivering self to bed! (It's very cold here. Currently 24 degrees F. Earlier today my boss showed me on her phone where it had SNOW down for Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it, but it is def possible!!!)

Good night everyone! Be kind to each other! :loveyou:

I just realized i have like 20 tabs open on my laptop....twitter, facebook, myspace, tumblr, numerous news articles, etc.... :facepalm:

I need to go to bed. Bless all of you wonderful sleuthers, and prayers to Heather's family and friends tonight!

On that note: I'm taking my icicle hands and shivering self to bed! (It's very cold here. Currently 24 degrees F. Earlier today my boss showed me on her phone where it had SNOW down for Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it, but it is def possible!!!)

Good night everyone! Be kind to each other! :loveyou:

I just ran out for cold meds and my car said the outside temp is -1 here in Iowa! I'd LOVE 24 degrees. lol

Sweet dreams!

Has the case been on the local news in the evening? Often those without internet, or much interest in internet, make a point to watch the news.

The way LE is behaving, I am not really feeling that awareness is their issue, so much as determining if they have any real suspects on their hands, with actual evidence. But if they do not, then they could be missing some other angle by focusing, allegedly, on two men. Granted, I believe this focus is likely justified if not provable, but especially in a circumstantial case, they may need to prove they looked elsewhere. Without appealing to the public on a regular basis, this may be more difficult to show, IMO.

Even if they know exactly who did it they don't have Heather so awareness should be their issue and the public, IMO, is going to be the one with this piece of info.
Think about it, I feel there is nothing that I do on a day to day basis that isn't seen by someone. I honestly believe that even if I tried to do something in secret, I'd been seen by at least one person.
People are everywhere, cameras are everywhere someone HAS seen something and hasn't realized it's relevant yet.

I am glad to see that the case is well-known in MB. I have followed cases that were covered by the media, yet we had locals comment that they asked around about the case, and people were not aware of it. I like that the family has been using multiple avenues---billboards, flyers, MSM, and social media--to reach as many people as possible.
IIRC there was close to 20,000 people following FHE before it hit MSM.

I just had a LONG LONG LONG hard day and don't have the energy (or time) to shift through 20+ pages. So can someone give me a cliffs notes of whatever happened today? if anything? If you wanna PM it so as to not rehash that's cool too.

We did determine the time stamps on any SM she had cannot really be used in any theories. If you have the clock on your phone rolled forward to give you extra lives in candy crush (for example) some SM posts will be for the date you have rolled the phone to and not the actual time/date that you were posting things. So the whole tumbler post thing interfering with date time is no longer an issue…..other than that, I would say it was a slow day:twocents:

I just ran out for cold meds and my car said the outside temp is -1 here in Iowa! I'd LOVE 24 degrees. lol

Sweet dreams!

I would love -1!!! Haha. We are sitting at -32 Celsius with windchill!

I only got through thread 1 & 2 when I joined in around thread 7, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. The family land (heather's family) on peachtree rd., was that a grandparents or something? Is this why she felt so comfortable in that area?

TE stated that the family had used that landing quite a bit, boating and jet skiing. His property isn't far from the landing, I believe TE purchased it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader