SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early this morning (last night) I asked if the posts on tumblr show up with the time being from the zone the viewer is located.
I've read almost all the posts now but didn't see my question addressed.

Does anybody know the answer?
(when I viewed Heather's tumblr posts made on December 18, the times associated with the posts are an hour earlier than the times established in the case.
You can change the time zone within Tumblr. You can change the time on your computer or 'Droid. Both will result in the time on your posts being different from your time zone. That much I know, at least on anything I try here.

Not if anyone had changed the time on the computer. The Internet history will show whatever time was on your computer. At least mine does (Windows 7 and Firefox :) ), I can't speak for anyone else.

I'm sure there are several ways to determine the real exact time of the last posts attributed to HE. I also don't think that MSM has given us exactly the correct times. (They may not even know). I'm also sure that it probably is not as important as other information that LE has. JMO.

So does this answer my question I posted above? lol!
My computer sets the time of HE's tumblr posts?

lovinlife83, the folks that have been here for a while can prolly tell you who the author is. CH is a shock author whose motive is to contaminate and cause controversy without regard/empathy for the victim or their families. My advice would be to ignore her articles..

I couldn't agree with you more.

You can change the time zone within Tumblr. You can change the time on your computer or 'Droid. Both will result in the time on your posts being different from your time zone. That much I know, at least on anything I try here.

So HE's posts won't show up as Eastern time (as her computer is in that zone) when I look at her posts, because I'm Central time?

I'm in a maze.

HE's posts look to me like they were made in the Central time zone (which isn't true) is what I'm trying to say.

So HE's posts won't show up as Eastern time (as her computer is in that zone) when I look at her posts, because I'm Central time?

I'm in a maze.

HE's posts look to me like they were made in the Central time zone (which isn't true) is what I'm trying to say.

You're in a maze and that makes me dizzy!

I'm in a maze.

I did discuss the fact that SM posts (e.g. twitter) are often adjusted to the time zone of the viewer several threads ago, when other posters (I think it was CarolinaAsh) were actually discussing text messages. So, a tweet at midnight in SC would appear as 9pm when viewed by me in CA.

That being said, I found a VERY interesting post regarding tumblr posts that is pertinent to your question Woe.Be.Gone :moo:

tumblr allows users (or anyone with access to one's tumblr account) have access to several advanced features. The link gives detailed instructions here:

The Advanced Post Options support page addresses these options in question/answer format:
(snip)

+ How do I schedule a post to be published at a later time?
+ How do I access my scheduled posts?
+ Can I backdate new posts?
+ How do I change my time zone?

Much more @ link

http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/advanced_post_options#schedule

This raises interesting possibilities, IMVHO :twocents:

Does anyone know where I can get a high resolution pic of her driving in the car? I want to see if the mall window has "red" Christmas decor, Close up of his keys with the purple caribeaner and dangly something or other hanging on it, & the sports logo on the hat

Brilliant!

Also, please see if you think the logo on the hat (that some people think could be a clutch style purse) looks like a hand drawn diagram of a stick shift directional thingy. Thanks!

I'm in a maze.

You're confused? I'm in Australia, so when I checked her posts - it was showing action the next day... I figured something had to be up, so I left it to the expert sleuths - you guys. Cheers... :)

Some new evidence or information needs to leak so we can stop discussing the date, Tumblr posts, and the roommate. I'm not bashing anybody for discussing those items. I just think they're irrelevant, and the fact we are discussing them is a sign the case is going nowhere fast without knowing where HE is.

Ok, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I remember 20 like it was yesterday, because it was, and I've got a lot in common with HE.
Regarding the date:
-Length: Many, many times I went out on a date and stayed out all night. Sometimes things click, sometimes you just don't really feel like going home to your empty condo. Especially if you're getting calls from a bad news ex that you know you're going to have to deal with when you leave "first date world" and enter "real world"
-Activities (known and unknown): Learning to drive a stick is hard. When I first learned, I sent a text to my Dad on the spot, because he said I would never figure it out. These days, it's pretty common for someone to snap a pic and to be told "you HAVE to send that to *advertiser censored*!" As for the unaccounted bits of the night, maybe there was some hanky panky, she is a YOUNG adult in this crazy, sexualized world we live in. Maybe they sat in a parking lot or drove around and talked. If she didn't want to go home, which I wouldn't really blame her (empty, insomnia, just got off work after a long stretch), she would probably find any excuse to drag the fun out.
The Boy: HE WAS CLEARED BY LE AFTER COOPERATING FULLY. The End.

Personally, there is no doubt in my mind that she was meeting someone at PTL. They arrived, she grabbed her purse/keys/phone, and hopped in their vehicle to talk. (Could there have been someone else in the car as well, perhaps hiding?) After that, it gets fuzzy :( I think she went out there so late because she was really trying not to give in and meet up with this person, but ran out of things to do to keep herself busy. Her roommate was gone, she was alone, couldn't sleep, and emotional in a way only a 20 year old woman can be lol. I think she knew it was a bad decision, but I don't think she had any idea just HOW bad.

Again, I think.
Reading HE's SM is like reading one of my friend's, or even mine, from a couple years ago. This case definitely sticks me where it hurts.

Brilliant!

Also, please see if you think the logo on the hat (that some people think could be a clutch style purse) looks like a hand drawn diagram of a stick shift directional thingy. Thanks!

This is the original image saved from the XOJane.com story:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/ProDriverjpg_zps33034d59.jpg.html][/URL]

This is the image with HD and illuminate filters added
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9e2b3fbf-b9db-4aa2-aeaa-59c007a44a5d_zpsddae5d29.jpg.html][/URL]

AFAIK, an official, high-res image has not been released. I will keep working on improving the image. If anyone else has better software, please assist. I just wanted to upload something quickly to the thread.... :heartbeat:

This is the original image saved from the XOJane.com story:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/ProDriverjpg_zps33034d59.jpg.html][/URL]

This is the image with HD and illuminate filters added
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9e2b3fbf-b9db-4aa2-aeaa-59c007a44a5d_zpsddae5d29.jpg.html][/URL]

AFAIK, an official, high-res image has not been released. I will keep working on improving the image. If anyone else has better software, please assist. I just wanted to upload something quickly to the thread.... :heartbeat:

Does anyone know that store and what it looked like around this date. Meaning did it have a wreath on it?

Some new evidence or information needs to leak so we can stop discussing the date, Tumblr posts, and the roommate. I'm not bashing anybody for discussing those items. I just think they're irrelevant, and the fact we are discussing them is a sign the case is going nowhere fast without knowing where HE is.

Huh? :baffled:

They are most certainly relevant. The Tumblr posts place HE at her condo and can show her line of thinking at that time.

BW is also a key witness! She is the last one that spoke to HE that is any help!

Goodnight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know that store and what it looked like around this date. Meaning did it have a wreath on it?
It's K-Mart at Inlet Square Mall in Murrells Inlet, it's located on Hwy 17 Bypass. I have no idea if they had wreaths up.

I believe the Tumblr places her in her apartment which is very important. It would help to have a time because someone delivering the Sun News in the early hours could have seen her and not know it. SM gives a lot of clues as to what has taken place in her life and what time she may have left the condo.

I believe the Tumblr places her in her apartment which is very important. It would help to have a time because someone delivering the Sun News in the early hours could have seen her and not know it. SM gives a lot of clues as to what has taken place in her life.

I use tumblr on my phone and I believe most people do these days. I sit around and reblog stuff all the time even when I'm on the phone with someone.

Huh? :baffled:

They are most certainly relevant. The Tumblr posts place HE at her condo and can show her line of thinking at that time.

BW is also a key witness! She is the last one that spoke to HE that is any help!

Goodnight!

Relevant was a poor word choice on my part. What I meant was that people are coming up with theories that discredit the date, discredit the roommate, question if HE made the Tumblr posts, etc. and those are a waste of time IMO. But because we have no new info we have to dissect stuff that probably should just be taken at face value.

If these are the fliers, they are riddled with MISinformation. This is the newest version (increased award amt) and it still contains bad info. It says she was reported missing after her car was found abandoned near PTL on 12/17/13.
Sooooooo if anyone recalls seeing a car matching the description of her car or someone matching her description in the wee hours of the 18th, people will think they're mistaken because her car was found abandoned on the 17th near PTL. (Oh and not at PTL)
a4yty6eg.jpg

MISinformation or not, at least it's out there.....

I'm new to this so please bear with me-I couldn't figure out how to post so hope this works...
I've been following this thread closely-my hubby would say obsessively-and a few ?? come to mind

1-in an ealier thread mention was made of some kind of party (think it was modeling?) on the same day as her new date. Wonder if she had ANOTHER date scheduled AFTER her 1st one? (tired might explain going home for #2)

2-since she moved recently(2 weeks) and mention made of prior "violent" boyfriend/roomie is it possible that person would have accessed her SM accounts or put a tracing kind of program? remember reading something about you'll never find me?

3-it seems that this VBFR (violentBoyfriendRoomie) and the OMM (oldMarriedMan) relationship was happening at the same time. If so-did VBFR find out about other 1 leading to bruises,etc? Did this lead to HE moving out?

4-if VBFR worked w/HE I don't know if she was the type to broadcast things like "I've got a new place" or "a new job" so I'm leaving this one SOON-(maybe she was trying to move on?) but was very open about moves

5-if VBFR knew she was off for a few days and knew she moved might he have been following her around to see where lived now or even a "chance encounter" to see if they could get back together?

6-If rebuffed by HE and he knew of OMM wouldn't it be the perfect opportunity to set up OMM after a violent confrontation?

7-might HE have had a burner phone given 2 her by OMM to call him from? or maybe SHE used a payphone? (what would be the nearest payphone 2 the condo)

8-IF VBFR came upon her at this payphone talking w/OMM might it enraged him enuf to confront AFTER her call w/OMM?

9-if enraged & started yelling would HE say something like let's take it to PTL instead of public? Maybe she went out to eat (after all u never eat on ur 1st date) and then went to payphone to call OMM.

10-or could she be meeting up on date #2 on a party boat and parked that way so as not to be in the way of any fishermen needing to access landing?

guess enuf for now. Hoping not too long. trying to stay in the lines?

Think of it this way. LE knows where she was when the phone activity was going on until 6 a.m. LE has seen her Tumblr and all her social media. LE knows more than us. And LE still hasn't found Heather.

I personally don't think her Tumblr postings are a focus that will lead to answers about what happened or where she is.

Sometimes suspending previously conceived ideas and keeping it really simple is a next best step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader