SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You would not be hindering anything even if it was early. Websleuther’s like to help and answer questions. Wish we had more answers in this case!

I can’t teach you piano, but my daughter can!:floorlaugh:

thank you very much :loveyou:
I hope the answers in this case will be coming soon. It breaks my heart to see so many ppl hurting. I wish I wasn't on the west coast or I'd be out there every day trying to find her.
It's too bad the posters etc don't list any distinguishing features. Even the police take pictures of all tatoos for ID purposes. HE had some very distinctive tats which should be emphasized. Unique features jog peoples memory.
not to mention if only find certain body parts (like in NJ) if scattered about would be easier to identify. Sorry to be so graphic.

on a side note, can anybody start a poll?
It might be interesting to ask ppl to guess if found in water,land,boat,building etc
just to get people thinking outside the box.

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
It might help jog memories and it might even unhinge any guilty parties,,
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

I totally agree. I just find it odd, that with the mall still open there is not ONE car visible. I may be on my own on this one and I am sure LE has thought of it, but I will call the tip line in the morning! Leave no stone unturned.

That mall isn't that big nor busy even during the holiday season. There is the newer bigger mall (Coastal Grand Mall) further up towards MB that most go to. Plus a newer outside marketplace near the old air base.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

thank you very much :loveyou:
I hope the answers in this case will be coming soon. It breaks my heart to see so many ppl hurting. I wish I wasn't on the west coast or I'd be out there every day trying to find her.
It's too bad the posters etc don't list any distinguishing features. Even the police take pictures of all tatoos for ID purposes. HE had some very distinctive tats which should be emphasized. Unique features jog peoples memory.
not to mention if only find certain body parts (like in NJ) if scattered about would be easier to identify. Sorry to be so graphic.

on a side note, can anybody start a poll?
It might be interesting to ask ppl to guess if found in water,land,boat,building etc
just to get people thinking outside the box.

Thanks for mentioning this! I think that is a good idea. I do not think either of us can do a poll. I just checked to see if I could and it says I do not have access to this feature. :tantrum:

I will alert this post and see if a mod can start a poll for us.

To alert a mod you click on the red triangle in the upper right corner of the post, next to post #. A new window will open where you can type a brief message. Usually used for questions like this or to report a post that is against TOS.

You report instead of responding or arguing with another poster. If things get to out of control, the mods will post a message, and sadly there a times when the thread is closed due to continued discussion of things we are not allowed to discuss. For example, Facebook (FB) and other social media (SM) posts are considered rumor and not allowed.

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :two cents:

Excellent idea!!! Hope you stick around to help with other cases!!!

[modsnip]

Thanks for mentioning this! I think that is a good idea. I do not think either of us can do a poll. I just checked to see if I could and it says I do not have access to this feature. :tantrum:

I will alert this post and see if a mod can start a poll for us.

Great-maybe we can all shake the tree a little bit!

on another side note is there any setting to keep u logged in?? I've been kicked off multiple times & only recently noted it when I couldn't favorite..

No need to reply too quickly for I'm going to be heading to the land of nod :eek:fftobed:

Excellent idea!!! Hope you stick around to help with other cases!!!

Can you post this on her Find Facebook page?

<modsnip>

unfortunately no-I don't do Farcebook-anyone else is more than welcome to post it.
I plan on sticking around & helping,Lord willing & the creek don't rise :D

Great-maybe we can all shake the tree a little bit!

on another side note is there any setting to keep u logged in?? I've been kicked off multiple times & only recently noted it when I couldn't favorite..

No need to reply too quickly for I’m going to be heading to the land of nod :eek:fftobed:

When you logon, there is a box in that area to click … it says keep me logged on. Just check that box.

Searching by ground, air and Web: Technology lets virtual world help find downed plane (plane has since been found)
http://www.idahostatesman.com/2014/01/10/2965742/searching-by-ground-by-air-by.html

I was wondering if anyone has thought to searching online for anything? This article about a lost plane in Idaho has me thinking if someone could coordinate virtual searches? It might even help find any missing bodies.
Just thinking....

I worked with this group and yes we searched satellite images and camera captured picture taken from volunteer plane's flying over an area to search for the wreckage. Thousand of shot to look at but many people helped.

This is the original image saved from the XOJane.com story:
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/ProDriverjpg_zps33034d59.jpg.html][/URL]

This is the image with HD and illuminate filters added
[URL=http://s1220.photobucket.com/user/kimi_SFC/media/9e2b3fbf-b9db-4aa2-aeaa-59c007a44a5d_zpsddae5d29.jpg.html][/URL]

AFAIK, an official, high-res image has not been released. I will keep working on improving the image. If anyone else has better software, please assist. I just wanted to upload something quickly to the thread.... :heartbeat:

Heather looks so different in this angle.....What is that symbol called of the tattoo on her arm?

Are you reptiles?

Anything below 60 degrees, or even a little higher, feels chilly to me.
When people live in a warmer climate, and the temperature drops,
my impression has always been that one feels colder due to not being used to lower temps.

But, okay, everyone is different.

ha! Florida momma bundles up for anything under 65. really. I also have no padding to keep me warm...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Good Morning. New to the forums. Joined because I am a concerned local citizen of Myrtle Beach, and have been for the past 17 years. Have never done anything like this before; but from reading the forums..looks like you guys have a lot of questions that only someone who lives here can actually answer. So, just wanted to introduce myself, and if I can be of any assistance, please let me know :)

It's very difficult for me to take any one person's words as absolute truth and believe them to stand as solid evidence in a homicide/missing person case.
Many people seem to say because so and so said this it has to be true. I'm willing to trust to a certain point and won't or don't want to go over the line of WS rules, but without doing so, my mind still goes other places.

Sometimes, those of us who are strong sensing types get vibes.
Some people are so trusting and don't question discrepancies closely imo. Questioning discrepancies doesn't mean the one questioning them is right and could easily be proven wrong down the line, but the tendency is still there to question.

Always keeping in mind we really don't have too many facts here to go on.
When something doesn't make sense, and here's where I get a little testy within my spirit, good hearted people give a pep talk (no supporting facts) to say a discrepancy isn't so. So in a positive light it's okay not to present facts but in a let's cut through the carp light, it's not okay to challenge what people want to believe (because we're offending I guess).

To remind though, a theory is only a theory and because someone offers a theory, doesn't mean they are intent to prove the theory. Or, if its disproven, then they have lost. This isn't a contest imo. Although, if any of my insights ever turned out to be correct, it would be rewarding just because.

IOW, this is all brainstorming session. Or at least that is the way I see it. ANYTHING I provide as theory is open to be shot down, because who knows...it may lead to a better one. That's why when I respond to a theory and say why I don't think it fits, I am responding to the theory, NOT the poster of the theory.

Makes sense? This seem like we are on the same page?

Think of it this way. LE knows where she was when the phone activity was going on until 6 a.m. LE has seen her Tumblr and all her social media. LE knows more than us. And LE still hasn't found Heather.

I personally don't think her Tumblr postings are a focus that will lead to answers about what happened or where she is.

Sometimes suspending previously conceived ideas and keeping it really simple is a next best step.

What time was HE [safe] at her condo after date?

Good Morning. New to the forums. Joined because I am a concerned local citizen of Myrtle Beach, and have been for the past 17 years. Have never done anything like this before; but from reading the forums..looks like you guys have a lot of questions that only someone who lives here can actually answer. So, just wanted to introduce myself, and if I can be of any assistance, please let me know :)

Good Morning, and welcome. Local perspective is always appreciated! It has been wonderful seeing everyone in Myrtle Beach come together to help find Heather!! I have very fond memories vacationing in Myrtle Beach. I remember everyone I met was so nice, friendly, and helpful. Started visiting in the 60's ...

The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

I think that is an awesome idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads