SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had a LONG LONG LONG hard day and don't have the energy (or time) to shift through 20+ pages. So can someone give me a cliffs notes of whatever happened today? if anything? If you wanna PM it so as to not rehash that's cool too.

Hello all.

Been lurking for a bit here on this case and wanted to add my thoughts on it.

I think it's a strong possibility she was meeting someone she knew and went with this person willingly. I think the fact her car was at a place she is personally familiar with says a lot. Someone mentioned the doors on the car were locked, seems like something you would do if you planned on leaving the immediate area. Perhaps this was to go on a drive or a walk with said person and something went wrong from there.

A stranger abduction doesn't seem likely to me although it can't be ruled out entirely. The only scenario I can think of here is one of opportunity. Perhaps she went out to clear her head and she was alone and therefor vulnerable.

Suicide seems highly unlikely. People who commit suicide very rarely go to such lengths that make it difficult for the body to be found.

Does anyone know if any mass searches have been conducted in the area of PTL yet?

Unfortunately I do not think triangulation will be an option here unless she used her cell phone after leaving PTL which doesn't seem to be the case from the information we currently have which isn't much.

I had already read her twitter, and when I looked today, there was nothing from Jan-June, I think it was. I remember because someone directed is to view a March post, and I did, at the time. It may not have been deleted, but did not turn up today when I clicked on a link for her twitter.

I don't use the link here for her twitter account. I go to the app and search her name/user name. I went there today to get that March date for y'all and everything showed up for me jan-nov. I was surprised because people kept saying months worth disappeared. Maybe it's a link issue?

It has been almost 3 weeks since HCPD has posted to their facebook page..unbelievable.. Scroll down & read the comments under Heather Elvis's info- posted 4 weeks ago..

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Horry-County-Police-Department-Official-Page/135784896487265

http://www.wbtw.com/story/24523501/harmful-effects-of-social-media-on-heather-elvis-case

Lieutenant Robert Kegler of the Horry County Police Department says they have only been using Facebook for a few years and in that time they have seen big results.

"It gives us the ability to get the information out as quickly as possible," he said.

Kegler says posting mug shots or surveillance camera video on their Facebook has led to tips and information that have helped solve crimes.

Thanks for posting. I just looked and realized they haven't even bothered to post about Chesley Wilson who's been missing three weeks now.

I just had a LONG LONG LONG hard day and don't have the energy (or time) to shift through 20+ pages. So can someone give me a cliffs notes of whatever happened today? if anything? If you wanna PM it so as to not rehash that's cool too.

Hope this recap doesn't take up too much of your night to read, I'm trying to be as detailed as I can ...

NOTHING happened today, zilch, nada, crickets. There's a new interview on HLN with TE and the first bullet on the page says she's missing from Florida.

That pretty much sums it up.

I just don't understand why they haven't held any pressers. I can appreciate that they need to hold certain information close to the vest, but I can't see what's to be gained by saying nothing.

A statement that consolidates all the (factual) info that's been released through police reports and media summaries would go a long way to quell the gossip and social media drama, and separate the nonsense and speculation from info that is useful to the public in providing additional information or contributing to tips. I think the public is confused by all the stuff flying around. I have trouble myself keeping info from social media and other sources straight vs what we know for sure.

I do think LE knows much more about what happened, and at whose hands, than it's revealing and I agree it's probably waiting to find Heather or evidence it take to a DA, but I don't think complete silence is helpful to the investigation, and is actually potentially stifling to it.

A press conference by the HCPD PIO in the Heather Elvis investigation may be the catalyst for additional awareness needed in her case to bring in that one tip or eyewitness.
After over a month since her disappearance, I would hope that investigators would have noticed how valuable the public has been for spreading awareness in this case..
Why would you squander your most valuable investigative resource?

Can any local tell me if Heather's story has been run in the newspapers that are sold in stores, delivered to homes? And not just online.
Someone mentioned it the other day and I agree that there is some population of people out there who either have no internet or aren't internet savvy and may have missed all the latest news on this case. It could be that one of these people hold the missing clue.
The info on Heather's missing poster has an incorrect date on it and there is no picture of her car. If a news station carried it (like a presser), it would most likely reach that missing population. At least most of them.

My parents have internet access. They can check email, buy airline tickets, sometimes shop online (I've received several calls to help walk them through some online process), and that's about it.
No social media.
They watch the local news and have a newspaper delivered everyday-which they read. They are educated, social people who live in the suburb of a major city but they would have no idea if someone local was missing if the case was handled in a similar fashion.
I think a presser would reach a broad audience that maybe has info they don't even realize they have.

Not sure a press conference would do much good, if they are not ready to talk POI's.

From my experience with a very high profile case in my area of north GA, which had more ms media attention than HE's case. After the case was all over the news; local & national, for weeks, months. I would ask folks almost everywhere I went, 'did you hear about **** case'? Two out of three of the people that I asked would say no. This is why a press conference by the HCPD is critical. Awareness is the key to successful conclusions in missing person's cases.

I witnessed the abductor & victim in the woods the day before he murdered her. Thought they were campers due to missinfo & silence by LE via ms media..

Find Heather Face book page is not linkable or discussable
We do not have a suspect or person of interest named by law enforcement
No sleuthing anyone and posting it here (other than Heather)
No discussing anyone as a suspect or person of interest
You can discuss what is in main stream media and from law enforcement

From my experience with a very high profile case in my area of north GA, which had more ms media attention than HE's case. After the case was all over the news; local & national, for weeks, months. I would ask folks almost everywhere I went, 'did you hear about **** case'? Two out of three of the people that I asked would say no. This is why a press conference by the HCPD is critical. Awareness is the key to successful conclusions in missing person's cases.

I witnessed the abductor & victim in the woods the day before he murdered her. Thought they were campers due to missinfo & silence by LE via ms media..

I remember reading about that!

But this doesn't mean we can't post theories about what may have happened based on info we have from HE social media sites and what has been revealed in MSM, right?
Or not right?

I think we are allowed to post theories if they are based on information we obtain through the SM sites belonging to Heather or information released through MSM as long as we don't name anyone.
Or maybe I'm confused again.

Sorry! I guess this was in response to my post.
In earlier threads iirc we could say something like 'check out a post made about 10 mins ago by ABC...'

I wonder how well-known the case is in MB? [modsnip]

But this doesn't mean we can't post theories about what may have happened based on info we have from HE social media sites and what has been revealed in MSM, right?
Or not right?

I think we are allowed to post theories if they are based on information we obtain through the SM sites belonging to Heather or information released through MSM as long as we don't name anyone.
Or maybe I'm confused again.

Correct, but you can't accuse any of them as being suspect.

Does "main stream media" include people that have interviews and call themselves " criminal case profilers"? If so...there are links to some interviews with omm camp that are interesting to read.

Not sure a press conference would do much good, if they are not ready to talk POI's.

I think it would be helpful for them to give a presser even if it is just to list the facts they have divulged or let be divulged thus far.
We have pointed out conflicting facts that appear in MSM but I think that is due to poorly written articles.
I think if LE just read down a factual list of info they want released it would clear up a lot of things and possibly jar someone's memory.

They could do a presser such as this and take no questions. I'd be disappointed to not receive additional info but I'd be very thankful to have a clear list of factual information to refer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
podreal