SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The plot just thickened. Heather isn't wearing the appropriate outfit for the temperature the evening of December 17th.

I did ask this and remember thinking it was an odd outfit choice (capris and shirt) for that weather. I live in blizzard land so I when it's that temp, so people tend to wear capris and at shirt at that weather, but people who live in that weather, normally do not.

Did we determine what kind of truck Heather is driving in the picture? I thought I saw somewhere here somebody posted a picture of the front of the truck. I remember it was dark and the headlights were on.

Truck was a silver ford ranger.

Have your hat on?
Why would Heather hide from Bri? (I'm not sure Heather hid anything from Bri. Bri said Heather's date went well. Did Bri ever say who Heather was on the date with?)

Whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck? (I don't know. TE said he received the picture when HE was on her date. Therefore we know the picture exists on TE's phone, but we haven't been told the forensics regarding whose phone the picture originated.)

The date info is sketchy imo. TE says he never met the guy, didn't know his name on December 19th, and doesn't know him. Did his wife tell him who HE was with on her date? If so, Heather may have told her mom she was going out with SS when she was really going out with OM.

My tin hat let a current enter into my brain - looks like a lightbulb when this happens - and I had a thought; what if, the OM was Heather's date all along and SS was just a name she tossed out (to Bri and/or just her mom possibly) as a cover. Maybe Heather wasn't getting the support she needed from her friends while continuing to carry on with the married man. Maybe they were encouraging her to move on so HE kept it on the downlow when she was going to meet with OM. Maybe Bri was told by HE that HE was going on a date with SS, when HE really went out with OM. Or, maybe Bri knew all along who HE was out with, WHICH IS WHY THE TWO CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW HE'S DATE WENT AND OM LEAVING HIS WIFE SEEM DISCONNECTED.

This theory does require a thinking cap but, for some reason, makes sense to me. By the time the police report was released, SS possibly told LE that he wasn't HE's date and that's why LE gave him a lie detector test.

Posters mentioned previously that maybe SS stopped off to get gas or stopped off at a store on his hour to at least thirty minute drive home from HE's apartment to MI. If he really was on the date with HE (and not just named as a cover), then surely he would have told LE about his stops and they'd check his receipt and video, etc. But we're not privy to any investigation LE did in order to outrule SS. I'm certain though, LE would not just take his word carte blanche though. And, if the picture is on SS's phone as the one who took the picture, my theory is out the window. But has LE confirmed the source of the picture? Not that I'm aware of.

So, 1) Dad doesn't know SS or want/need to meet him.
2) SS seems lame about details of the date (what did HE and SS do after 10:45 p.m. until possibly 2:30 a.m.?
3) Why does the police report use the time the picture was sent to TE on their report for the "occurrence date"?

I'd love to know where the picture originated but will not assume to know as we've not been officially advised. We've not been officially advised as to anyone's phone records either.

One more thought, Bri may have been in on the cover and when she was first asked what she knew about HE and her date, Bri may have been caught off guard and stuck to the cover story (about the date) and then moved on to tell LE, oh, by the way, there's also the OM issue who told HE he wanted to commit to her now and HE became emotional upon hearing his plan.

Poke holes.
LOL....Listen to the interview on HLN
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2014/01/22/heather-elvis-missing-woman-search
Your questions are answered

My, My ..I'm poking.....LOL

I gathered that the date was an old friend she reconnected with, maybe not so much romantic as platonic, IMO. Anyway the photo is meaningless to me, except that she looks entirely different from any photo being shown on posters or Tv, unrecognizable in fact.

Jumping on here late tonight, I haven't read all of today's comments, so please forgive and direct me if the HLN video/interview with TE has been discussed. I just watched it and I came away feeling like they think Heather may have made herself disappear. Why does it say she disappeared from Florida?

I think this case will end up being a lot simpler than we are thinking. I think she probably did go on a semi-platonic date with this guy, I think she did look cute (I love the shirt she wore), he dropped her off, LE cleared him 100% which means they did more than take someone's word for it-they likely have corroborating information and facts clearing him including most likely proof that Heather was alive and well after he dropped her off. Then...something. I am not sure if I am allowed to say exactly what I think happened, but it is a shame.

Oh, the kids these days!

Imo, Heather isn't wearing an outfit suited for a night with temps in the 50's.

Have you looked at her Pinterest? She posted so many cute outfits suited for fall.
Why wouldn't she choose one of those (something close to her postings from in her own closet)?
Besides, has anyone else had the thought that the outfit she is wearing isn't one of her cutest? She said she likes to dress for the red carpet. Even if not out with OM, I've wondered about her outfit choice.
Out with a friend? Then, ok.

Maybe she has gained weight and that limited what she could wear, so this was something she felt comfortable in.

I gathered that the date was an old friend she reconnected with, maybe not so much romantic as platonic, IMO. Anyway the photo is meaningless to me, except that she looks entirely different from any photo being shown on posters or Tv, unrecognizable in fact.

I think you're right, she felt comfortable with him.

Have your hat on?
Why would Heather hide from Bri? (I'm not sure Heather hid anything from Bri. Bri said Heather's date went well. Did Bri ever say who Heather was on the date with?)

Whose camera took the picture of her driving the truck? (I don't know. TE said he received the picture when HE was on her date. Therefore we know the picture exists on TE's phone, but we haven't been told the forensics regarding whose phone the picture originated.)

The date info is sketchy imo. TE says he never met the guy, didn't know his name on December 19th, and doesn't know him. Did his wife tell him who HE was with on her date? If so, Heather may have told her mom she was going out with SS when she was really going out with OM.

My tin hat let a current enter into my brain - looks like a lightbulb when this happens - and I had a thought; what if, the OM was Heather's date all along and SS was just a name she tossed out (to Bri and/or just her mom possibly) as a cover. Maybe Heather wasn't getting the support she needed from her friends while continuing to carry on with the married man. Maybe they were encouraging her to move on so HE kept it on the downlow when she was going to meet with OM. Maybe Bri was told by HE that HE was going on a date with SS, when HE really went out with OM. Or, maybe Bri knew all along who HE was out with, WHICH IS WHY THE TWO CONVERSATIONS ABOUT HOW HE'S DATE WENT AND OM LEAVING HIS WIFE SEEM DISCONNECTED.

This theory does require a thinking cap but, for some reason, makes sense to me. By the time the police report was released, SS possibly told LE that he wasn't HE's date and that's why LE gave him a lie detector test.

Posters mentioned previously that maybe SS stopped off to get gas or stopped off at a store on his hour to at least thirty minute drive home from HE's apartment to MI. If he really was on the date with HE (and not just named as a cover), then surely he would have told LE about his stops and they'd check his receipt and video, etc. But we're not privy to any investigation LE did in order to outrule SS. I'm certain though, LE would not just take his word carte blanche though. And, if the picture is on SS's phone as the one who took the picture, my theory is out the window. But has LE confirmed the source of the picture? Not that I'm aware of.

2) SS seems lame about details of the date (what did HE and SS do after 10:45 p.m. until possibly 2:30 a.m.?
3) Why does the police report use the time the picture was sent to TE on their report for the "occurrence date"?

I'd love to know where the picture originated but will not assume to know as we've not been officially advised. We've not been officially advised as to anyone's phone records either.

One more thought, Bri may have been in on the cover and when she was first asked what she knew about HE and her date, Bri may have been caught off guard and stuck to the cover story (about the date) and then moved on to tell LE, oh, by the way, there's also the OM issue who told HE he wanted to commit to her now and HE became emotional upon hearing his plan.

Poke holes.
Another bite at the apple.

So little info has been released by LE that trying to verify anything is a tough job. As for the picture in the truck ..what do we know..well it shows HE in the drivers seat with her camera (it's glittery pink so we figure it's not the dates and we did see it on one of her Sm pages) in her lap. TE receives the photo from HE (he has said it in a police report and interviews) So we must assume the date took the picture and forwarded it to HE who forwarded it to TE. That means the date must have the photo in his camera. Did LE check his phone? I don't know. I do know Bri gave the date TE's phone number and they talked per TE interview on HLN. Still sticking with your theory?

Most of the women I know who has/had an unfaithful spouse tend to deal with the sex aspect of the affair and their marriages seem to work out.The emotional affairs where the spouse has feelings for the person tend to be the most violent ,IMO .Ive seen more women fight over their spouse with the other woman when emotions are involved.I would be more inclined to kick the man's butt .

I think if your involved with a married man you would have a special place that you would go to meet. The 6 am exchanging of whatever on the phone seems a little strange. A 20 year old up at 6 am after being out late the night before. So did Om and He have a planned event that day they were confirming?

Does anybody know when was the last time she spoke to her father face to face? On the 16th when she picked up her mail? I couldn't find it in the interviews, but my hearing is bad and I might have missed/misheard.

Have your hat on?

Poke holes.

I like that you are questioning things! TE just said he has now talked with SS on the phone for 20 minutes about details of the date. (see newest HLN interview posted a few links up) My guess from 10:45 - 2/2:30am ….maybe some things he'd rather not mention that they did on a first date KWIM? Who knows how hot this date could've gotten?

This is my first post so please be patient. I have been following this case closely as we vacationed there about a week following the HE disappearance. It seems to me that she made a mistake and got involved with an OMM. She may have at first been flattered by the attention of the OMM but the novelty may have worn off for her. Seems that if OMM may have wanted more of a relationship than she was willing to have. She may have been trying to move on and went on a date with someone she had more in common with. When driving the truck she had date snap a quick pic she could send to her daddy. I would've done the same at that age. Probably still would. Date dropped her off and everything seemed ok. Talked to the roommate about the nice date. Received calls or texts from OMM demanding more and possibly threatening to hurt her or himself. Being young and naïve she probably felt responsible. Maybe she agreed to meet him one last time for "closure" at his suggestion and things did not go well. And HE was the victim of something very bad...JMO

Actually Terry Elvis did try to teach Heather to drive the stick but in his own admission "it was a disaster". Taken from his interview on HLN
Majority of cars here in the UK are manual. When I got to the age of wanting to learn to drive, my Dad was having none of it when I asked him to take me out in his. He saw it as an accident waiting to happen and at the very least would have ended up in a shouting match between us.
Needless to say I went to an official school and learned in a dual control car. Passed first time - Yay me! :)

Kudos to TE for even attempting it with Heather.

The plot just thickened. Heather isn't wearing the appropriate outfit for the temperature the evening of December 17th.

I think she is... it reached the mid 60s that day and it was only around 55 degrees at 7 pm (the time she left for the date...) I wear short sleeves in 50-60 degree weather all the time... especially if previous days were much cooler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member