SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope LE has traced (pings) where the phones of the last people to speak or see or that matter have had any "conflicts" with HE ,for the 48 hours following the calls to Bri.
Maybe "seeing" if calls were made or received from places that didn't follow a pattern or maybe catch somebody in a lie (saying they were in one place and their phone shows "pings" from somewhere else).

For Websleuths purposes, the meaning of "sleuth" as pertaining to a case player is digging up someone's personal/professional information on the internet.

Ok, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I remember 20 like it was yesterday, because it was, and I've got a lot in common with HE.
Regarding the date:
-Length: Many, many times I went out on a date and stayed out all night. Sometimes things click, sometimes you just don't really feel like going home to your empty condo. Especially if you're getting calls from a bad news ex that you know you're going to have to deal with when you leave "first date world" and enter "real world"
-Activities (known and unknown): Learning to drive a stick is hard. When I first learned, I sent a text to my Dad on the spot, because he said I would never figure it out. These days, it's pretty common for someone to snap a pic and to be told "you HAVE to send that to *advertiser censored*!" As for the unaccounted bits of the night, maybe there was some hanky panky, she is a YOUNG adult in this crazy, sexualized world we live in. Maybe they sat in a parking lot or drove around and talked. If she didn't want to go home, which I wouldn't really blame her (empty, insomnia, just got off work after a long stretch), she would probably find any excuse to drag the fun out.
The Boy: HE WAS CLEARED BY LE AFTER COOPERATING FULLY. The End.

Personally, there is no doubt in my mind that she was meeting someone at PTL. They arrived, she grabbed her purse/keys/phone, and hopped in their vehicle to talk. (Could there have been someone else in the car as well, perhaps hiding?) After that, it gets fuzzy :( I think she went out there so late because she was really trying not to give in and meet up with this person, but ran out of things to do to keep herself busy. Her roommate was gone, she was alone, couldn't sleep, and emotional in a way only a 20 year old woman can be lol. I think she knew it was a bad decision, but I don't think she had any idea just HOW bad.

Again, I think.
Reading HE's SM is like reading one of my friend's, or even mine, from a couple years ago. This case definitely sticks me where it hurts.

Thank you for your insight. Appreciate the perspective & agree with it. It's been a long time since I was 20 but my kids and their friends are around that age and I have allot of them friended on FB.

Honestly, we don't know for fact she ever was. Unless there was another eye witness that hasn't been talked about in MSM.
SS and BW say she was at her condo between 2am-3am (IMO 1:54am is 2 am) but we aren't privy to her cell phone pings to actually place her here. Would they lie about it and why? We also don't know if she has a computer to place her here. LE has access to way more info than we do and I really do feel like they are waiting on finding Heather or a confusion to make an arrest. It is so much harder to prove what happened to a jury if we don't have Heather. I really think they don't want to take the chance of that the person(s) responsible will get off.

We don't have a factual timeline of when she was seeing OM and when she was seeing abusive ex BF, and if there was any overlap creating more motive for either one

Do I think the date did it - no
Do I think BW had anything to do with it - no
Do I think omm and omw had anything to do with it - makes perfect sense and IMO has the most evidence pointed that way (evidence available to us thru MSM)
How about abusive ex-bf - also possible
Do I think she left on her own - not for a second

Being that the case is at a standstill until we get more facts - idk what else to do except keep researching the ones we have.
Hoping to see this soon ---> :jail:

I don't think either party is lying. It just seems that all we know is one person saw her safe at a particular time and then the timeline begins to have issues. Times actually started colliding before the 2 a.m time period and I have no idea what that's about. So I leave that alone. I only know her date said he "definitely" dropped her off after 2 a.m.

I think it's possible she went to sleep after the phone activity that's been reported, and that alone could explain why she wasn't using her phone for a period of time, if that's the case. Only LE knows what phone trail occurred, or didn't, after the 6 a.m. activity, and it appears they are saying there weren't any calls. Based on the article that discusses the phone timeline, it appears that phone calls are being distinguished from texting activity. But if all they have is pings from that point on and no usage, then it makes sense there was a relatively short window from the 6 a.m. time frame and when harm came to her. I doubt the phone was with her at the time of the last ping.

I think any number of scenarios is possible. Who knows what shifted in her world and her frame of mind after she arrived home. Maybe things began escalating right then, or maybe an unwitting Heather finally went to bed and the latter part of the morning is when things fell apart.

But I personally think something started at the condo. Because I don't think a person who was characterized as tired and had been on the phone till 6 a.m. was all that busy driving around and holding meetings. Just a thought.

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120913/pc16/120919665

Forest timeline (copied from article above)

Sept 2013: Robert Moultrie, 31, found in SUV after party in Huger

Aug. 29: June Guerry, 22, was found shot to death in a dirt pit

Aug. 28: Student Dana Woods, 18, found shot near burned car

February: Dara Watson, 30, shot by fiance and dumped in woods

April 2009: Cellphone of Brittanee Drexel, 17, gives off last signal

Summer 2008: Ala Hassan Sarhan, 31, found in car trunk eight years after death
March 1998: Shannon McConaughey, 19, found month after slaying

Oct. 1996: Hunters find Herman Buck, 73, in shallow grave a month after his disappearance from North Charleston

Even if OMM had nothing to do with ^these people^ (I am not saying he is) it still seems the forest is a good place to search if locals aren't already searching there! JMO

BBM

It would be a good place to search, but it's HUGE.

Was about to post that same article about Francis Marion! I don't think BD's phone pinged from within the park limits, though, did it? The wiki on it says the park is contained in Charleston and Berkley counties and BD's phone signal was in Georgetown County. They DID search Francis Marion for her, though. http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/10327696/search-for-missing-teen-moves-to-charleston-county

I lived in Mt. Pleasant in elementary/middle school and I don't think we ever took any family fun trips to that forest, unless I'm not remembering properly. I assume any visitor that pays the parking fee has their plate/car registered somewhere, but from what I'm reading it sounds like you can find yourself driving through remote roads without even knowing you're in the park. The fact that it's used as a dump ground doesn't imply much either way because if the perp's random, they wouldn't be checking the park for his past whereabouts. And even if they did at that point it's still just circumstantial. I can see why perps feel safe here. JMO

Hell Hole Bay Wilderness Area.. what a name.

ETA: apparently there are cameras throughout, lol.. http://www.thedigitel.com/crime/camper-francis-marion-forest-uncovers-unmarked-hid-19888-0316

And if the perp has a non-traditional vehicle of some sort like an RV/camper, they wouldn't need to register in this part of the park if they made use of the primitive/dispersed areas. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnfs/null/recarea/?recid=47057&actid=34

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120913/pc16/120919665

Forest timeline (copied from article above)

Sept 2013: Robert Moultrie, 31, found in SUV after party in Huger

Aug. 29: June Guerry, 22, was found shot to death in a dirt pit

Aug. 28: Student Dana Woods, 18, found shot near burned car

February: Dara Watson, 30, shot by fiance and dumped in woods

April 2009: Cellphone of Brittanee Drexel, 17, gives off last signal

Summer 2008: Ala Hassan Sarhan, 31, found in car trunk eight years after death
March 1998: Shannon McConaughey, 19, found month after slaying

Oct. 1996: Hunters find Herman Buck, 73, in shallow grave a month after his disappearance from North Charleston

Even if OMM had nothing to do with ^these people^ (I am not saying he is) it still seems the forest is a good place to search if locals aren't already searching there! JMO

Thank you for your response! wow, I wasn't even aware of all those.

JMO

Was about to post that same article about Francis Marion! I don't think BD's phone pinged from within the park limits, though, did it? The wiki on it says the park is contained in Charleston and Berkley counties and BD's phone signal was in Georgetown County. They DID search Francis Marion for her, though. http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/10327696/search-for-missing-teen-moves-to-charleston-county

I lived in Mt. Pleasant in elementary/middle school and I don't think we ever took any family fun trips to that forest, unless I'm not remembering properly. I assume any visitor that pays the parking fee has their plate/car registered somewhere, but from what I'm reading it sounds like you can find yourself driving through remote roads without even knowing you're in the park. The fact that it's used as a dump ground doesn't imply much either way because if the perp's random, they wouldn't be checking the park for his past whereabouts. And even if they did at that point it's still just circumstantial. I can see why perps feel safe here. JMO

Hell Hole Bay Wilderness Area.. what a name.

ETA: apparently there are cameras throughout, lol.. http://www.thedigitel.com/crime/camper-francis-marion-forest-uncovers-unmarked-hid-19888-0316

And if the perp has a non-traditional vehicle of some sort like an RV/camper, they wouldn't need to register in this part of the park if they made use of the primitive/dispersed areas. http://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/scnfs/null/recarea/?recid=47057&actid=34

Regarding bolded above.

I live here and don't think you need a parking fee or anything to use the area. It is a maze of isolated remote dirt roads. I have gone there to gather firewood and waste the day with a friend. I felt lost in wilderness the whole day and saw several wild hogs just off the dirt roads. I was frightened to get out after that but it was somewhat exciting. We did not see many other cars "cutting through" there that day or people enjoying a family excursion. IDK if people camp there or use campers there, I do not think it is that kind of land.

Thank you all for the discussion.

JMO

Maybe she told her date she was tired, so he would not come in. Maybe she planned to return some calls, texts ,etc.

I do not want to sleuth the former roommate (the 1 before BW) but the timeline of events leading up to HE moving in with BW may help.
I read about HE having a black eye, do we have a photo of it?
We saw a very bad bruise on her torso in the TK photo suppose to be from a fall on steps?
When did she move out of parents home?
In earlier photos HE looks flat chested.....could be clothes.
In TKilt she looks fuller may be a push up bra; but the $5K in doctor bills not covered by insurance.........breast enlargement? When, where and did someone want her to do it?
Weight gain? from pain? from depression meds?
The former roomie would know everything.
I hope she tells LE everything! IMOO

Wondering if the family or LE have details on her texts messages? I have not seen anything about texts (except what father rec'd). Can the phone company give texts to LE, or do they need the actual phone?

What time did the date pick her up? The father said that they went out to dinner, looked at lights and drove sticky he says he brought her home, after 2am. If her watch in the picture says 10:05, which it looks like it or even 11:05, how far is she from the mall? Has anything been discussed of what else they did or where else they went?

I've been given the task to look for a beach house for a family gathering this summer and 2/3 want Myrtle...I am trying ever so hard to sway them against it.

What time did the date pick her up? The father said that they went out to dinner, looked at lights and drove sticky he says he brought her home, after 2am. If her watch in the picture says 10:05, which it looks like it or even 11:05, how far is she from the mall? Has anything been discussed of what else they did or where else they went?

She was picked up around 7:00 p.m. There's a gap in the timeline of her date from 10:45 until she was dropped off (as per the date) after 2 a.m.

I haven't seen any MSM or police report as to how her time was spent with the date during those hours. But since the date isn't suspect, the only relevance of that period of time would probably be related to her phone call/text activity and her frame of mind as the night passed. By the date's account, she was in a good mood and only had exchanges with her dad and her roommate. The latter is what makes no sense to me, given the fact that the date was aware of that contact (if the article referencing it is stating the date's remarks correctly), yet unaware she was upset. ?

I'm not calling the date or roommate's claims into question. I'm just saying the timeline continues to be perplexing.

I've been given the task to look for a beach house for a family gathering this summer and 2/3 want Myrtle...I am trying ever so hard to sway them against it.

Check Surfside - just to the south and more family oriented. Or Pawley's Island - a bit further south.

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
It might help jog memories and it might even unhinge any guilty parties,,
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

And give the perp(s) the opportunity to destroy the car?

Check Surfside - just to the south and more family oriented. Or Pawley's Island - a bit further south.

I like those areas but honestly prefer NC (keeping those tourism $$ in state) the others like the Grandstand (gag me).

We are beach snobs and if we can't go down to FL we always to go Isle of Palms b/c it's family friendly and they don't allow alcohol. It really deters a lot of the younger party crowd b/c they do patrol and make ppl pour out beer or leave if they refuse. I don't think I will ever go back to MB even if I had a free trip, no offense to locals, it just isn't much of a family friendly place. We came to this opinion well before we had kids. JMO

ETA: Lots of ppl here in NC go to Outer Banks or Ocean Isle. I have not been to either but hear they are nice.

I lived in Mount Pleasant for years. I would recommend Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, or even Charleston!

If I were TE and I still had Heathers car in my possession I'd take it right back to PTL and park it in the EXACT spot found. If I recall he had a printshop?? Then I would geta lifesize cutout of Heather and place it in the car behind the wheel. On top of the car I'd put the biggest sign i could make asking HAVE U SEEN ME?
It might help jog memories and it might even unhinge any guilty parties,,
The car would stay there until Heather comes home :twocents:

And give the perp(s) the opportunity to destroy the car?

Exactly! If there is any information within the car itself, leaving it at PTL is a bad idea!!!
IMOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member