SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>

Could it be that TE is fixated on 3:41 because this was the last time anyone heard her voice and the texts/PMS that were sent after that time was in such a language that makes him believe that were not typed by Heather. Most people have a certain way they talk to their friends and if the communications suddenly changed, it could be a good indication that she was not in control of her phone. Even here in WS, I am able to determine who is posting without looking at the name sometimes.

Thoughts?

Snipped by me to address just this part.

O/T
Just wanted to comment about talking a certain way electronically and your mention about knowing who is posting without looking at the name sometimes.
When I read posts -- after so many posts by the same person -- for whatever reason my brain assigns a "voice" to that specific poster and when I read their various posts it is in a certain voice specific to them even though I have never actually talked to anyone here. I'd love to know if the voice my brain has assigned each of you in any way matches real voices-I know I'll never know this answer but does this happen with anyone else or should I now hide from embarrassment for admitting this?

And so to bring this back to Heather I agree that if someone tried to communicate electronically as someone else it could very easily be picked up by someone familiar with that persons style of communicating.

[modsnip]

RE: But I do not believe they made arrests just for the heck of it.
Two other missing/murdered persons cases come to mind, where concerned citizens were singled out to set an example for others. Holly Bobo(TN-2011), and Meredith Emerson(GA-2008). The one common denominator in these three missing persons investigations is the lack of a coherent Media Management Strategy by the lead investigative agency.

Holly Bobo's case is cold, Meredith Emerson murdered although she should have been rescued, imo, and HE's case growing cold, along with the 8 other known unsolved missing/murdered female investigations in Horry Co., SC..

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

Rhodes, the county's police chief, said she understands emotions are running high in the case, but she urged concerned citizens to let law enforcement handle the case instead of resorting to mob justice.
It&#8217;s frustrating, she said when people take the law into their own hands because it potentially impedes the investigation into Elvis&#8217; disappearance.

&#8220;Crimes were committed,&#8221; Rhodes said.

&#8220;We needed to make those arrests to slow that down.

Somehow I missed this part on my first read through:

"The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17.

No arrests have been made in any of the five county reports.

Police have said that Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, is not considered a suspect in any harassment complaints."

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_182d62c8-935d-11e3-9b05-001a4bcf6878.html

I'm not even sure where I'm going with this question, but I keep wondering what is stopping TE from stating publicly what he knows points to the one person(s)...could TE release the info on his cell phone bill, possibly including any calls from a pay phone or other interesting information?
I don't think TE would knowingly do anything to hurt the investigation. If LE says that information needs to stay private, TE will do that. It is my opinion that most of the bad feelings that LE have about this case has more to do with miscommunication or lack of communication. TE keeps moving on in the only way he knows how. If LE doesn't tell TE that they have something to work with, TE is going to keep trying to find something to help find his daughter. JMO, since that is exactly what I would do. I certainly would not sit there and think "LE has this covered." and do nothing.

Somehow I missed this part on my first read through:

"The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17.

No arrests have been made in any of the five county reports.

Police have said that Terry Elvis, father of Heather Elvis, is not considered a suspect in any harassment complaints."

What I find interesting that that those reports were filed AFTER someone reported a harassment complaint against someone in the Moorer household on Jan 19. Curiouser and curiouser....

ok....so following along that line of thought ,why was she upset,if he was leaving his wife?

I think that maybe that statement has been misinterpreted a/o condensed/mis-phrased by police.

The most logical thing in my mind is that BW told LE that HE was upset because SM had told her previously that he was going to leave his wife, but then told her that night that he had changed his mind. I know that's not how it was reported but it's the only thing that makes sense (to me).

Yes. She was upset. He had told her he was leaving his wife.

He changed his mind, told her that night, and yes, she was crying and upset.

Calls back and forth. Meet up somewhere to try to calm her down or for a final farewell.

FYI: The Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Missing Forum Discussion
SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - 15 Threads total 1,000,000+ Views & 12,000+ comments..

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Exclusive new details on Heather Elvis case come out
Posted: Feb 11, 2014 4:43 PM EST
Updated: Feb 11, 2014 6:03 PM EST
By David Klugh

<sniped - read more- 3 pages>

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) - WMBF News is revealing new details about the search for missing 20-year old, Heather Elvis. As we discovered, the exposure and response to this missing person's case has taken even the Horry County Police Department by surprise. We've discovered social media may have cursed this investigation from the start.

Never before in Horry County has a single missing person's case generated as much attention as the case surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis. Since Elvis went missing on December 17, the case has gained local, state and national media exposure, a Facebook account that has attracted more than 45,000 followers, a reward pot that seems to grow by the week, and people so moved by the family's plight, they've risked their own freedom to continue the search, even if it means bending or breaking the law.

The image of Heather's face on billboards, posters, and fliers on thousands of storefronts are unavoidable from one end of the Grand Strand to the other, and nearly two months after Heather Elvis' disappearance, a simple call to supporters for another search or fundraiser, and hundreds still show up to collect donations and get the word out.

What I find interesting that that those reports were filed AFTER someone reported a harassment complaint against someone in the Moorer household on Jan 19. Curiouser and curiouser....

What am I missing here? Confused. I read this earlier and read that four complaints were filed before Jan. 19. What was after?

"At least four harassment complaints have been filed by an Horry County household since Dec. 22.

The complaints were filed by the household of Sidney Moorer, who according to police records, had a past relationship history with Heather Elvis.

The harassment complaints state that the Moorer household has been harassed by various individuals. Those reports were filed between Dec. 22 and Jan. 17
"

It sounds like they were being harassed, or reported being harassed by Dec. 22.

I am just not convinced she was over SM, or that a final break-up had happened, at least on her part. I am just imagining back to my own (naive/not smart) self at her age...if I had a "major thing" for a new guy, first thing I would do is thwart my current relationship in any way possible, i.e cause fights, make accusations, excuses to move out. And then if my friends were getting on me for seeing a married guy, I would tell them it was over and even accept a date with an old friend/acquaintance to "prove" it. But my brain and heart would be with married guy, and I would have run back at first call. JMO

Totally agree. Been there done that.

The complaints the moorer's filed were from 12/22-1/17. The police report was leaked the 14th. This incident occurred against the Moorer's on the 19th. I fully understand why the police are frustrated, as this is only half of what is going on.

my brain assigns a "voice" to that specific poster and when I read their various posts it is in a certain voice specific to them even though I have never actually talked to anyone here. I'd love to know if the voice my brain has assigned each of you in any way matches real voices-I know I'll never know this answer but does this happen with anyone else or should I now hide from embarrassment for admitting this?

This is funny. :) I assign my own voice to you guys, but it's my work voice. You know, when you're trying to sound professional and logical and like you don't have a colloquial accent?

At least, I do this when the poster doesn't sound all emotional, which is the norm here. To contrast this, on FB I often assign my worst, most irrational redneck voice. Didn't even realize I was doing this until your post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am curious, why do you think an hour away? I thought a half hour due to the time frame and previous cases I have followed, but I'm open to any distance/time frame/location that makes sense. Why an hour, not two hours or some mile distance, in your mind? And was the pre-dug grave your are thinking of dug a while before or dug within a few days. The sequence of events is why I was not thinking pre-dug grave. It seems awful coincidental that HE's roomate was gone AND HE had just picked up her mail (meaning she would not need to do so again for several days) AND she was off until Friday AND she just had a first date with a new guy AND she got a phone call from OOM AND she went back out after getting in late AND HE goes missing just then. Unless the person who did this knew about all that and HE's date and that set him/her off. TIA.
BBM

You could certainly be correct on the 30-minute time frame, but I have always felt that HE's disappearance was planned in advance, including her disposal. The short version is this...I believe that the perp or perps (I think there were 2 of them) went to meet her with the intention of eliminating her and it was not a spontaneous action . They planned to operate under the cloak of darkness to help conceal their identity. The the 3:41 am call was about the time HE lost control of her phone and she was subdued near that time. Whatever the perps did to HE, was done and they were back home by 6 am or at least one of them were. That would have given them a little over 2 hours (an hour each way) to get where they were going, bury the body and return home. I feel that the phone calls/texts that were made from HE's phone after 3:41 were the perps trying to set up their alibi. In other words they were saying how could I/we have done anything to her? We were home at 6 am and she was still trying to contact us. All f this is just my theory. I am not certain exactly when the grave was dug, I just think it was dug prior to them meeting HE at the PTL.

All of this is just my theory and I could be totally wrong.

We had wondered about who, including family, took polygraphs. Of course this statement doesn't reflect whether or not they were actually administered and if so whether they passed but it seems they agreed to.

"Friends and family agreed to polygraphs. . ."

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

I feel that if anyone took polygraphs that it would be known . I know if I was being looked at, harassed, pressured, accused of any crime, I would be yelling at the top of my lungs to take a polygraph, would be on front porch of LE from day one to answer ANY questions, and then reaching out to the community to assist in any way I can, especially if I had been INVOLVED with the missing person. That's just me though ! And Yes, I am aware that a poly isn't court material but I would do whatever to show my cooperation.

I'd like to think if two people were involved in this it would not be a married couple with children who were left home alone in their beds while the parents carried something like this out.

Wow, I have thought about this from the beginning but kept it to myself .As a parent , I would think that would be a concern.

I feel that if anyone took polygraphs that it would be known . I know if I was being looked at, harassed, pressured, accused of any crime, I would be yelling at the top of my lungs to take a polygraph, would be on front porch of LE from day one to answer ANY questions, and then reaching out to the community to assist in any way I can, especially if I had been INVOLVED with the missing person. That's just me though ! And Yes, I am aware that a poly isn't court material but I would do whatever to show my cooperation.

Me too! I'd be appalled that anyone would think I was guilty if I was not and horrified at my misfortune of being the last person to talk to a missing person.

We had wondered about who, including family, took polygraphs. Of course this statement doesn't reflect whether or not they were actually administered and if so whether they passed but it seems they agreed to.

"Friends and family agreed to polygraphs. . ."

That statement says that some people were ruled out or put on the back burner early on. IMHO, the people who have not cooperated with LE are holding up the investigation. We still don't have a POI but we have narrowed it down some and I think that's the reason for so much focus on one person/couple/family at one address. Again, I'm not convinced of his/their innocence but that could be changed with just a little bit of cooperation. Also, the "mob" would back off if that cooperation was made public by a presser. (Maybe I'm asking for too much). All MOO

I hate to ask... But do we have a timeline? OR a place where I can catch up on details.
Thansk

JMO
Im thinking that the only reason HE was upset was she was just beginning to move on and since she just had a new date that went well, the last thing she probably wanted was the call she got.

She could barely gather her thoughts from the date she had just been on and was thrown into something much different.

Hatfield, I agree! Also adding my own opinion, there can be a certain, intriguing, allure when one is involved in a "secret", "affair", forbidden type relationship, especially when one is young and still finding her own identity (I'm speculating from my own experiences) .....as to Heather being upset about SM saying he was leaving his wife----I totally believe it----emotionally, I think Heather felt conflicted, and scared----imagine being 20 years old, trying to find your way, and then trying to grasp the implications of SM leaving wife----none of us know if/how SM held his decisions and consequences of his actions over Heather....jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat