SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
when you are in a relationship that ends..........a month is not long enough to 'get over' someone. Especially if you are young, even if you are dating someone new. Sometimes it takes a long time. IMO, she wanted to see him/and didn't want to see him all in the same time............JMOO

The news report did state that HE had ended her previous relationship about a month ago before her date that night. So if that is true, then it would mean that HE was trying to move on and the date she had also kind of supports that.

I do think this explains why she was upset when she called her roomate.

I am just not convinced she was over SM, or that a final break-up had happened, at least on her part. I am just imagining back to my own (naive/not smart) self at her age...if I had a "major thing" for a new guy, first thing I would do is thwart my current relationship in any way possible, i.e cause fights, make accusations, excuses to move out. And then if my friends were getting on me for seeing a married guy, I would tell them it was over and even accept a date with an old friend/acquaintance to "prove" it. But my brain and heart would be with married guy, and I would have run back at first call. JMO

I am just not convinced she was over SM, or that a final break-up had happened, at least on her part. I am just imagining back to my own (naive/not smart) self at her age...if I had a "major thing" for a new guy, first thing I would do is thwart my current relationship in any way possible, i.e cause fights, make accusations, excuses to move out. And then if my friends were getting on me for seeing a married guy, I would tell them it was over and even accept a date with an old friend/acquaintance to "prove" it. But my brain and heart would be with married guy, and I would have run back at first call. JMO

mars/venus:scared:

I believe that timing is everything.
I am still trying to watch part one of tonight's interviews so I haven't seen that part yet but I can say with great certainty that timing sure has been interesting in this case.
Should be interesting to see what the end of the week brings.

Right but I also remember breaking up with a guy (nope, never a married guy) and it hurting but I kept to my guns....

....and the guy became very nasty & vindictive after he tried to do everything that I had previously requested but it was too late---it wasn't working anymore.

I remember being basically stalked and harassed because men aren't the only ones that don't handle being scorned well. He would go from being very nice to super evil very quickly----and I kept to my guns. I wasn't going back with him no matter what he promised.

I was surprised by his anger and it was very worrisome. I wouldn't have wanted to be alone with him.

Not surprised but I did find it interesting in the news story when the guy tried unsuccessfully to interview a person, there was "plural" references. I think I heard "you all" and then I think I heard "we" and even another plural reference I think was "us" if I heard right.

You may just want to try it again or once you are there, try refresh on it.

Also, if it locks up, left click on the bottom part where it stops and drag the button back to the left and let it replay a little and then it usually will proceed past the stuck point. I have to do that often on Utube.

Utube is quirky for me, but that link does work for me.

It comes up as "video unavailable". I cannot find another video of it but I'll keep looking.
Thanks for the tips :)

What was the purpose of focusing on that payphone during part one of that latest news interview?

I am going to answer this and then we are going to let it go and it won't be discussed further at this point in time.

There was an unconfirmed rumor on the facebook page that someone was seen at a payphone near PTL.

The end. It was rumor. And the shot of it in the investigative report does not open it up for discussion.

If you have questions, pm a mod.

Thanks,

Salem

BBM
Killers tend to dispose of bodies in an area they're familiar with. I, too believe that HE is dead and was killed closer to 4:00 am if not sooner. Murderers that plan their killings (and I think this was premeditated and not a spontaneous act) also plan where they dispose of the bodies. For example Ted Bundy often drove around for hours determining where he was going to put a body before he killed or even determining who he was going to kill. She may have been wrapped in a tarp and weighted down, preventing her body from floating to the top. But that probably would require a boat and a significant amount of time-not to mention a chance of being seen by a fisherman. I have felt from the beginning that she was taken from PTL and driven close to an hour away from Myrtle Beach and buried-possibly in a pre-dug grave. If that is the case, she is going to very difficult to locate. If LE can determine who caused her to disappear, they may be wise to check their background and determine where they previously lived (assuming they haven't always lived around Myrtle Beach).
I am curious, why do you think an hour away? I thought a half hour due to the time frame and previous cases I have followed, but I'm open to any distance/time frame/location that makes sense. Why an hour, not two hours or some mile distance, in your mind? And was the pre-dug grave your are thinking of dug a while before or dug within a few days. The sequence of events is why I was not thinking pre-dug grave. It seems awful coincidental that HE's roomate was gone AND HE had just picked up her mail (meaning she would not need to do so again for several days) AND she was off until Friday AND she just had a first date with a new guy AND she got a phone call from OOM AND she went back out after getting in late AND HE goes missing just then. Unless the person who did this knew about all that and HE's date and that set him/her off. TIA.

LE is not always right all the time.

IMO, they wanted to make a statement and did just that.

But, I guess that will come out in BB's hearing (if the charges are not dropped).

"Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law", right?

I couldn't agree more with this PeterThomasFan. I think that LE didn't like BB stepping on their toes, so to speak. If you boil it down, if you are in the know, he didn't do anything that the rest of us have done for the past two months. In their report/statement it said something to the effect of he asked a witness for info. Really? Have we not all done that with everyone we speak with? For all I know, my neighbor could be a witness and if I ask him for info or what he knows or if he's spoken to anyone etc, then could I be charged as BB was?

For what it's worth...if one of my children or family members ever go missing, there is noone i'd rather have on my team than BB. He is tireless and has been a rock for that family for several months now.

He was nothing more than someone to make an example of that LE could make to try to cool things down on social media.

IMO

o/t I guess but just read this.. "A state of civil emergency is in effect for the entire State of South Carolina where non-essential traffic is banned due to the ice and snow storm."

For all the locals in this case that have been providing their input, stay safe and warm!! Parts of GA are expected to be without power for weeks, and I guess y'all are getting the worst of it first. :( (I'll probably get frostbite looking for an internet connection on foot so I can keep checking WS.)

I really don't think that would make a difference. It's not that easy to get the mob to back off. It might sway the rational people, but the ones who are in an uproar, I don't think it will work.

<snipped by me>

Once people decided that they don't like you, it won't change if they think you're innocent.

IMO not liking someone and being guilty of a serious crime are very different.
Innocence has nothing to do with people liking you or not.

Not surprised but I did find it interesting in the news story when the guy tried unsuccessfully to interview a person, there was "plural" references. I think I heard "you all" and then I think I heard "we" and even another plural reference I think was "us" if I heard right.

I noticed the cameraperson kept his/her distance when SM was questioned..

How did I know beforehand? My friend drove by their house and the news car was parked outside. I didn't know the extent of anything that would be said. I only know that he didn't talk because I watched the news. I wouldn't ask my lawyer to speak because no one would believe my lawyer or me. I wouldn't believe the lawyer. I would only believe LE and bet that a lot of people would too.

And LE isn't talking on behalf of SM either.

Do we know of a few cases where PI's have succeeded when LE has not? Specifically MP cases with possible criminal involvement?
The Van Dam case, as I said before.

"Investigator: Missing Jasper man found dead"
http://www.ktre.com/story/24067661/missing-jasper-man-found-dead

Missing Kentucky boy found in Utah with mother after private investigation
http://allianceinvestigation.com/2012/02/missing-kentucky-boy-found-in-utah-with-mother-after-private-investigation/

Not really criminal, since they were pretty sure where he was, but a PI had to be brought in:
http://www.10news.com/news/me-s-office-reveals-cause-of-missing-hiker-s-death

I see your point, but I would have pretty much the opposite reaction. I would figure nobody would believe me anyway, and the only thing I could really do would be to keep quiet and go on living my life.

Especially if that was my lawyer's advice.

He's got nothing to gain by saying anything.

I would think he has everything to gain by speaking. If one is innocent, the truth can set you free (and get eyes off you).

And LE isn't talking on behalf of SM either.

I was answer someone's questions. When LE speaks I listen and believe them, that is all. That was my point. They haven't spoke about the violent ex either. They can speak whenever they are ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member