SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really was hoping this case would be solved by now :banghead:..on another note there is a 7 yr old , Dominic Jeffries who went missing yesterday in TN. while walking his shihtzu, Does anyone know if there is a thread for him yet?

was found hiding in bushes:scared:

In NJ, we normally get 15 inches a snow/winter. This year, we've already had 40 inches, and that was before the storm that hit today.

NJ and my friends in norther Baltimore/Harford/Cecil counties in MD have been slammed with the snow/ice this winter. Twenty miles west of Baltimore City and about ten miles east of the 'extreme snow line' have left us in a nice pocket here. Today - all that comfort is thrown out the window. Eighteen inches at 8:00 a.m. with more coming. Hopefully, some enterprising young men will be making their rounds tomorrow and will shovel and dig my car out for a ton of money, which I will gladly pay. LOL

Stay safe, eileenhawkeye! It's a great day for cocoa, hot tea or some wonderful Pinot and/or White Russians. We tend to have snow parties around here with all sorts of libations and snacks. Making crab dip as we speak. LOL

Enjoy your day indoors for those affected by the Beast of the East today!

It's crazy, I am in eastern Canada & we are only getting 2 to 4 inches then rain! :hearno: Not complaining mind you. :loveyou:

I really think if this case isn't solved by the one-year mark, or probably sooner, there are going to be issues between the Elvis family and LE. I know people have said that Terry is friends with LE, but I really do not think they would arrest his good friend, and someone who is very involved in the case, if he had connections like that. He could make a phone call and have charges dropped, but that hasn't happened.

But Terry Elvis fears the police investigation into Heather's disappearance may barely have a heartbeat.

Does that mean he thinks there isn't much effort and resources being put into Heather's case? Or that LE doesn't have enough evidence? But he also says that there's plenty of circumstantial evidence, so that can't be it.

For the first time, he wants to share what he calls a fact sheet, showing why police need only look in one place. Truth is, much of that information comes from the unauthorized release of facts from a police report.

So it seems like Terry does not know that much more than the public knows, if most of the information on his fact sheet was on the police report.

I just feel like there's going to be a lot of frustration by the family if there isn't an arrest made relatively soon. In their mind, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence, while LE is saying they do not have enough evidence to take the case to trial. I also don't think it will go over well when the number of LE working the case is reduced to 2 or less, which normally happens before the one-year mark.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/24695...missing-heather-elvis-investigation-speak-out

The snow is crazy here. My kids school is already hitting up their Spring break, and most years they don't use all of their snow days. My school system doesn't have snow days so we're already going up until 6/30, and now they're taking our Spring Break, day by day. But ultimately, better safe than sorry. I'm afraid we won't be closed tomorrow, and it will be very dangerous with the ice on top of these mountains of snow.

Keep safe everyone.

Is there supposed to be a part two article of the interview with the police chief out today?

I'm still having difficultly imaging PTL as the place where HE drove to early on the 18th. The Sheriff says, "We're fairly comfortable that she drove there herself." While the lead investigator says "We do not have anything that indicates she did not drive there." That last statement is saying that they are proving a negative which in my line of work (auditing) I know is almost impossible to do. In fact, we can't really state in our reports that something did not occur because we have no evidence that it didn't. It's like saying 'we know they are guilty because we have no evidence they are not guilty.' LE very likely knows far more than we do, but their statements just don't give me much assurance.

That said, though, IF HE did drive to PTL, TE stated the car and surrounding area appeared to be normal per TE in an interview:
'I unlocked the car as the officer looked over everything. It’s a mess, but it is Heather’s mess. Probably nothing to worry about, I told him. We do a search of the surrounding area and nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary.'

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

So there is no apparent evidence of a struggle in the car or at the scene or at least what was initially obvious. LE did not process the vehicle at the scene, so the deputy must have had sufficient doubt that this was a crime scene.

If HE went there, she likely locked up her car, took her purse & keys and got into a vehicle of someone she trusted. That vehicle may be the crime scene OR HE and the other person went to another location and whatever happened occurred there.

I've got to think that LE is talking to HE's roommate and also to known associates of those she had relationships with the past to find out if there are places HE went to be alone with someone.

Of course, once in the vehicle the driver may have suggested a new place or 'lets just take a drive, watch the sunrise or whatever and talk this out.' It may have seemed like random driving around to HE, but the driver may have had another place in mind. That's going to make matters difficult because whatever occurred - and the cover up - could have happened miles from PTL. Since it is early morning, I'm wondering when these known associates of HE reported to work on the 18th.

If HE did drive off with someone else, wouldn't her phone ping off nearby towers. I don't know why that info wouldn't be released. And, the police dogs not being able to track her from her own car bothers me, too.(I'm sure I read this in an article early on in the search).
I have another thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind. I hate to be negative (I pray HE is found safe), but each time I see a missing person case I think of little Somer Thompson from FL. The police in that case, noticing waste pickup that day, "on a hunch" followed garbage trucks to the landfill. I read an article which stated they dug through, "225 tons of garbage" before they found her. They found ST 2 days after she was reported missing. What always stayed with me was that police said if they had not followed that hunch, they would have never found her.
I am not certain of all the collection days in MB, but we have a home there and our pickup day is Thursday (HE went missing on Wed., Dec., 18). I'm just wondering if this scenario has been considered. It's an awful thought I know, but still a possibility. HE has been missing over 45 days now. It's heartbreaking.

Just thinking, hoping for under cover LE, PI or informant to bring justice for HE.
IMO, this had to be planned out well, not finding her body. Yes, I am so sorry but I feel she is deceased. There is a trial going on right now (Amanda Hays) that husband/wife dismembered Laura and put her body parts in an old dresser and took the dresser to Texas, IIRC, Perps go to great lengths to cover their tracks. If an accident, suicide, OD the deceased is found rather close by and sooner than later........JMOO

If HE did drive off with someone else, wouldn't her phone ping off nearby towers. I don't know why that info wouldn't be released. And, the police dogs not being able to track her from her own car bothers me, too.(I'm sure I read this in an article early on in the search).
I have another thought that keeps lingering in the back of my mind. I hate to be negative (I pray HE is found safe), but each time I see a missing person case I think of little Somer Thompson from FL. The police in that case, noticing waste pickup that day, "on a hunch" followed garbage trucks to the landfill. I read an article which stated they dug through, "225 tons of garbage" before they found her. They found ST 2 days after she was reported missing. What always stayed with me was that police said if they had not followed that hunch, they would have never found her.
I am not certain of all the collection days in MB, but we have a home there and our pickup day is Thursday (HE went missing on Wed., Dec., 18). I'm just wondering if this scenario has been considered. It's an awful thought I know, but still a possibility. HE has been missing over 45 days now. It's heartbreaking.

great post, I have never heard of any searches in a landfill. I also wondered about that.

The majority of folks here do not have "garbage pick-up service". We throw everything into the back of our truck [or car] and take it to "the dump" as we call it. Technically, they are called Recycling & Convenience Centers and are scattered throughout Horry County.

They are "lightly" supervised with one or two attendants that monitor the site and occasionally help people decide which container to use for their waste/recyclables.

I'm not sure if any of the Centers have security cameras but, it wouldn't have been a bad idea to check early on.

The one I normally go to is 2.5 miles from my house. Sometimes, I may go to another one further away if I need to do something else in that direction.

Like this one, which is off of Old Dick Pond Rd. / 544. http://goo.gl/maps/d4GxZ

Horry County Solid Waste Authority

Was there ever an actual transcription of the first part? Or just the reported "quotes">

I think just the reported "quotes". I thought they initially said there would be an article out both today and tomorrow with additional info.
Maybe they'll release an actual transcript after all the articles?
That would be nice.

I don't like to post crazy thoughts of mine, but for some reason I've recently been thinking of freshly poured concrete slabs. Maybe its because I tend to go away from the common thought of ditches, fields, marsh, etc.

Back home, most houses had concrete foundations, but here in SC most are elevated with crawlspaces.

It's a good thing I'm just a little too far from Myrtle Beach, otherwise, I'd be spending most of my time driving around out there... driving myself crazy.

I once read a book, (during the Sandra Cantu case) can't remember the exact title, I am sure that LE studies it. Something like "ways to hide a body". Very imformative. I would love to read it again. 1 thing I do remember is that men usually bury victims and women put their victims in containers and in water.

If the whole town was looking at my significant other as the number 1 suspect in a crime why would I go on the offensive?
Could it be that a third party at my request did the dirty deed and therefore I can project confidence in my partner and me? A "my hands are clean" attitude! just thinking out loud here...

If the whole town was looking at my significant other as the number 1 suspect in a crime why would I go on the offensive?
Could it be that a third party at my request did the dirty deed and therefore I can project confidence in my partner and me? A "my hands are clean" attitude! just thinking out loud here...

I've been having those same thinking out loud thoughts since yesterday. It makes a lot of sense to me.

I don't like to post crazy thoughts of mine, but for some reason I've recently been thinking of freshly poured concrete slabs. Maybe its because I tend to go away from the common thought of ditches, fields, marsh, etc.

Back home, most houses had concrete foundations, but here in SC most are elevated with crawlspaces.

It's a good thing I'm just a little too far from Myrtle Beach, otherwise, I'd be spending most of my time driving around out there... driving myself crazy.

Reading your post reminded of an old 1965 movie I saw Many years ago - "How to Murder Your Wife" - a dark comedy starring Jack Lemmon. IMHO, that's not the case here albeit possible.

How to Murder Your Wife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member