SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LE's remarks are similar to those of a doctor who knows the diagnosis based on symptoms that haven't changed over time, but can't confirm it or rule out other diagnoses without objective tests.

I don't think there's any realistic possibility that Heather is a runaway.

IMO, no chance in hell that she is a runaway or walkaway. Christmas was coming and she was looking forward to her gifts. TE treats her well at Christmas, as well as all year long. She's close with her Dad. She'd have AT LEAST let him or her brother know somehow, someway.

O/T, we've got alot of ice here in Myrtle Beach, but the roads are mostly fine. Alot of tree limbs and entire trees down, and lots of folks without power in different areas/patches, but overall not too bad. I guess it's bad if you are without power.

[modsnip]

JMO

IMO, no chance in hell that she is a runaway or walkaway. Christmas was coming and she was looking forward to her gifts. TE treats her well at Christmas, as well as all year long. She's close with her Dad. She'd have AT LEAST let him or her brother know somehow, someway.

O/T, we've got alot of ice here in Myrtle Beach, but the roads are mostly fine. Alot of tree limbs and entire trees down, and lots of folks without power in different areas/patches, but overall not too bad. I guess it's bad if you are without power.

[modsnip].

JMO

Agreed! Sure hope you are staying safe.

Watching a show about Lori Hackings murder by her husband tonight...LE said that once they found blood on the bed, and the receipt for the new mattress bought the morning she disappeared,it was still not enough without her body, even combined with the lies about med school and college and about being kicked out of his mission (he was caught in bed with someone he was supposed to be converting)...so obviously they use very high evidence standards when the victim isn't found. (Of course she was found once he confessed to his brother.)

Heather may not stand a chance of justice, if she is not found.

JMO

Watching a show about Lori Hackings murder by her husband tonight...LE said that once they found blood on the bed, and the receipt for the new mattress bought the morning she disappeared,it was still not enough without her body, even combined with the lies about med school and college and about being kicked out of his mission (he was caught in bed with someone he was supposed to be converting)...so obviously they use very high evidence standards when the victim isn't found. (Of course she was found once he confessed to his brother.)

Heather may not stand a chance of justice, if she is not found.

JMO

Plus, a no-body trial is very risky, and I just don't see MB taking that risk. They just don't give me the feeling like they willing to put their reputation on the line, nor want the extra attention. They haven't even been pressured to have a PC, so I can't see them being pressured to make an arrest too soon.

This afternoon, the house wasn't very warm and the outside HVAC unit was making a rattle. So i go outside and there was about 3/4" of solid ice covering the unit - it wasn't getting any air. The trees across the street on the golf course are losing limbs at a pretty good pace. Lots of Snap, Crackle, Pop.

O/T
Stay safe. Hoping you keep your power and remain warm! We had a nasty ice storm here last week and I listened to the snap, crackle, and pop of tree limbs falling all night. We have trees in our yard that are close to a hundred years old so the branches that fall from those trees were tree sized. Thankfully nothing hit the house. By morning the yard looked like some kind of war zone.
Tonight we are being blanketed with more snow--a lot of snow--too much snow.
Mother Nature is off her rocker and I'm over it.

O/T There is a RSO, Lloyd Lee Welch Jr in the news in relation to another case here on WS, however I note that he was in Myrtle Beach in January 1988; Horry County December 1988 and January 1989.

Are there outstanding cases in Horry County that need to be bumped forward for our attention? (he's coming up for a parole hearing in July)

http://www.fbi.gov/baltimore/press-...napping-of-lyon-sisters-others-victims-sought

I thought they said he'd be in for at least another 5 years.
If he really is up for parole in July that is why MCPD has all of a sudden made a big push for information in the Lyon sister case and has released information not previously released in the last 39 years. This case needs answers.

O/T
Stay safe. Hoping you keep your power and remain warm! We had a nasty ice storm here last week and I listened to the snap, crackle, and pop of tree limbs falling all night. We have trees in our yard that are close to a hundred years old so the branches that fall from those trees were tree sized. Thankfully nothing hit the house. By morning the yard looked like some kind of war zone.
Tonight we are being blanketed with more snow--a lot of snow--too much snow.
Mother Nature is off her rocker and I'm over it.

You & me both. I'm about ready to drop kick Mutha Nature right into the next millennium. We have like 8 new inches so far, still coming down hard. So sick of this! Pretty until it melts, then I go broke washing our vehicles everyday bc of all the salt & sand. Snow is gorgeous until it becomes slush...or yellow lol.

Trolls saying rude things about victims happens to every case. I don't think it counts as libel. For one thing, you have to prove that the words had a detrimental effect such as losing your job, reputation, etc...Not sure how you would prove that when it's about a missing person. So I don't see how they are comparable.

Maybe it would be something like Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress .
My Prayers for the Elvis family .

passionflower, I live on a mountain in north GA near the southern terminus of the Appalachian Trail and we try to stay prepared. Normally when I put snow/ice cables on my rear truck tires the day before, the storms never pan out. Never say never, huh?
Most folks up here carry tire cables, chain saw, shotgun, coveralls, boots & other cold weather gear during the winter months..

Yesterday, I was talking to a Big Rig Truck driver while filling up with fuel.
He said that earlier that morning, while stopped at a traffic light, a lady walked up and knocked on his door. He rolled down his window & she said, 'sir I noticed that you're loosing part of your load'.
He said, 'TY mam and drove on'. --
Next red light, same thing happened and he ignored her again and drove on. -- 3rd red light, she knock on his door. He rolled down his window and said, "Ma'am, I work for DOT & this is a Road Salt Truck"!

I never lived up there, but I remember taking a few weekend drives through there when I spent time near UGA. Beautiful country in the spring and summer, but I wouldn't want to drive those roads in winter.

I'm still having difficultly imaging PTL as the place where HE drove to early on the 18th. The Sheriff says, "We're fairly comfortable that she drove there herself." While the lead investigator says "We do not have anything that indicates she did not drive there." That last statement is saying that they are proving a negative which in my line of work (auditing) I know is almost impossible to do. In fact, we can't really state in our reports that something did not occur because we have no evidence that it didn't. It's like saying 'we know they are guilty because we have no evidence they are not guilty.' LE very likely knows far more than we do, but their statements just don't give me much assurance.

That said, though, IF HE did drive to PTL, TE stated the car and surrounding area appeared to be normal per TE in an interview:
'I unlocked the car as the officer looked over everything. It’s a mess, but it is Heather’s mess. Probably nothing to worry about, I told him. We do a search of the surrounding area and nothing looked alarming or out of the ordinary.'

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

So there is no apparent evidence of a struggle in the car or at the scene or at least what was initially obvious. LE did not process the vehicle at the scene, so the deputy must have had sufficient doubt that this was a crime scene.

If HE went there, she likely locked up her car, took her purse & keys and got into a vehicle of someone she trusted. That vehicle may be the crime scene OR HE and the other person went to another location and whatever happened occurred there.

I've got to think that LE is talking to HE's roommate and also to known associates of those she had relationships with the past to find out if there are places HE went to be alone with someone.

Of course, once in the vehicle the driver may have suggested a new place or 'lets just take a drive, watch the sunrise or whatever and talk this out.' It may have seemed like random driving around to HE, but the driver may have had another place in mind. That's going to make matters difficult because whatever occurred - and the cover up - could have happened miles from PTL. Since it is early morning, I'm wondering when these known associates of HE reported to work on the 18th.

Salem and Imamaze, I apologize for requiring a <modsnip> on my last post. It is difficult to tow the line between known facts and theories sometimes.

Thank you for keeping me in check. :)

You & me both. I'm about ready to drop kick Mutha Nature right into the next millennium. We have like 8 new inches so far, still coming down hard. So sick of this! Pretty until it melts, then I go broke washing our vehicles everyday bc of all the salt & sand. Snow is gorgeous until it becomes slush...or yellow lol.

Same here! This is the view out my backdoor at 7am this morning, and 24 more hours of this to go!

Attachments

• snow213 002.jpg
    snow213 002.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 45
school called off for the kids today.....at this rate they won't have any vacation days left

Attachments

• 2014-02-13 08.59.40.jpg
    2014-02-13 08.59.40.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 46
Same here! This is the view out my backdoor at 7am this morning, and 24 more hours of this to go!

At 8am here it looked as though we had about 18-24 inches and it is supposed to continue until midnight. The kids have already used all snow days plus some. At this rate there will be no spring break and they'll never get out for summer.
Go away Old Man Winter!

At 8am here it looked as though we had about 18-24 inches and it is supposed to continue until midnight. The kids have already used all snow days plus some. At this rate there will be no spring break and they'll never get out for summer.
Go away Old Man Winter!

In NJ, we normally get 15 inches a snow/winter. This year, we've already had 40 inches, and that was before the storm that hit today.

I really was hoping this case would be solved by now :banghead:..on another note there is a 7 yr old , Dominic Jeffries who went missing yesterday in TN. while walking his shihtzu, Does anyone know if there is a thread for him yet?

I really was hoping this case would be solved by now :banghead:..on another note there is a 7 yr old , Dominic Jeffries who went missing yesterday in TN. while walking his shihtzu, Does anyone know if there is a thread for him yet?

There is and he has been found...under "located" now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli