SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Until LE says this is not a walkway and for sure a crime was committed, then this should be considered a possibility. Yes, I know, she said it is unlikely, but she didn't rule it out, so the possibility is not ruled out.

Until LE says this is not a walkway and for sure a crime was committed, then this should be considered a possibility. Yes, I know, she said it is unlikely, but she didn't rule it out, so the possibility is not ruled out.

I guess that is true of any MP, without a crime scene...Stacey P. and others...to be technical.

....I think time works in the perps favor. Manpower,resources slowly are reduced as new cases come along. Witnesses become scarce ,memories fade and people move on...

Respectfully disagree, Topcat. There are a few exceptions to the 'Justice delayed is Justice denied' rule. Many times, the passing of time works in Lady Justices's favor, due to leakage and a conscience severely eating at the offender; can't eat, can't sleep, can't perform at work, and can't exist in a relationship or normal life..
Imo, there is multiple perps involved in HE's disappearance. Imo, [modsnip], there will be an implosion and Justice will be served..
"Good triumphs over evil"..

Roger L. Depue PhD was Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI
Dr. Depue, one of the pioneers of the FBI's Behavior Science Unit. He served as an instructor and researcher until his promotion to the position of Chief of Behavioral Sciences in 1980, a post he held until his retirement from the FBI in 1989.
RL Depue, then founded the Academy Group Inc; think tank..
http://www.academy-group.com/depue.html

His research led him to coin the term "Leakage", which basically means that one's fantasies consciously or subconsciously tend to leak out. It also allows offender profilers to obtain information on a criminal's motivation for their crime/s.

It seems strange to me that an older married couple would be up at all hours of the night for no particular reason . I like my sleep and can't imagine just being up randomly with my husband in the middle of the night unless something was going on ! Just thinking out loud .

O/T but I haven't seen many of our Myrtle Beach, heck southern anywhere peeps, I wonder if the big storm has knocked out the power. I live in N.E. Tennessee and it has been snowing like crazy since about 12:30-1:00 pm. We have been told to expect up to 10 inches in our area, which would be a first since I moved here a decade ago. I am a Colorado native, but I have forgotten how to drive in the snow. :(

Anyway, stay safe and warm, wherever you are! Hopefully things will pick back up here and Heather will be found soon.

I'm at the Georgia/South Carolina line and we have a mess. No snow, just ice. Luckily we still have power, but are expecting outages soon. It's still sleeting and we have almost 2 inches of ice accumulated now. It's going to be a long cold night!

I'm at the Georgia/South Carolina line and we have a mess. No snow, just ice. Luckily we still have power, but are expecting outages soon. It's still sleeting and we have almost 2 inches of ice accumulated now. It's going to be a long cold night!

So am I, in N. Ga almost to SC line also-on Lake Hartwell)a little snow yesterday but lots of snow piled in today and later this afternoon the sleet started - it stopped around 5pm and then cut loose about an hour ago even stronger than before- still have power and praying we can make it thru this time w/o loss of power .

Passage of time can help LE in eventually stating that she must be deceased. But not sure Sc will pursue a case without the victim, unless they have clear evidence of a crime. I know there have been a few, but not sure of the circumstances.

Some people can go a very long time, even forever, without guilt taking over.

It was a nice way to say that none come to mind...:blushing:
But always willing to be informed...

I am not sure if their is a thread on ws but Adam Chase suburb of Roch NY was a missing person. Police were not investigating thinking he ran off per his wife. Parents of Adam hired a friend who was also a PI. PI discovered where Adam's dismembered remains were (Rose's mothers house) and brought his evidence to sheriff's. Rose was just sentenced to 24 1/2 years to life.

I am not sure if their is a thread on ws but Adam Chase suburb of Roch NY was a missing person. Police were not investigating thinking he ran off per his wife. Parents of Adam hired a friend who was also a PI. PI discovered where Adam's dismembered remains were (Rose's mothers house) and brought his evidence to sheriff's. Rose was just sentenced to 24 1/2 years to life.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176319&page=3&highlight=adam+chase

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community > Missing!! > Located Forum Discussion
Found Deceased NY - Adam Chase, 32, Stanley, 14 June-2012

Respectfully disagree, Topcat. There are a few exceptions to the 'Justice delayed is Justice denied' rule. Many times, the passing of time works in Lady Justices's favor, due to leakage and a conscience severely eating at the offender; can't eat, can't sleep, can't perform at work, and can't exist in a relationship or normal life..
Imo, there is multiple perps involved in HE's disappearance. Imo, [modsnip]
"Good triumphs over evil"..

Roger L. Depue PhD was Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI
Dr. Depue, one of the pioneers of the FBI's Behavior Science Unit. He served as an instructor and researcher until his promotion to the position of Chief of Behavioral Sciences in 1980, a post he held until his retirement from the FBI in 1989.
RL Depue, then founded the Academy Group Inc; think tank..
http://www.academy-group.com/depue.html

His research led him to coin the term "Leakage", which basically means that one's fantasies consciously or subconsciously tend to leak out. It also allows offender profilers to obtain information on a criminal's motivation for their crime/s.

I totally agree. Some really good points and I hope that is exactly what happens. Its bound to put a lot of stress on anyone involved and so I agree there should be some major dynamics that will happen eventually. They may manifest in all types of things to be on the lookout for as time goes on.

So am I, in N. Ga almost to SC line also-on Lake Hartwell)a little snow yesterday but lots of snow piled in today and later this afternoon the sleet started - it stopped around 5pm and then cut loose about an hour ago even stronger than before- still have power and praying we can make it thru this time w/o loss of power .

I'm right outside of Augusta, home of the Masters. We lost power for several days back in the ice storm of 2004. I've had my fingers crossed all day! Stay safe and warm♥

I'm in Charlotte. It's pretty bad, the natives are freaking out by attempting to drive in it. I'm from Indiana & learned to drive in it, so I know better. We're hoping & praying for the power to stay on.

LE has had multiple occasions when it might have been appropriate to clear SM, in particular, especially due to the astonishing level of rage against him, and all of the adventures responding to calls, etc...and yet they don't. Nor will they say they are looking at him, or anyone else, as a POI. I really hope that if he had been cleared, they would have made it plain by now. I keep expecting to hear of some other tragedy as a result of this case. If SM or his family are injured or worse...I would look to LE as having mishandled this case, if in fact he is not a suspect. But...JMO

I'm right outside of Augusta, home of the Masters. We lost power for several days back in the ice storm of 2004. I've had my fingers crossed all day! Stay safe and warm♥

Thank you and you do the same . This is unfortunately not our first rodeo out here - we had one early on after we moved here in '07- no power for three days. I pray not this time .

To my coastal and southern friends, please be safe, be warm and have emergency kits ready. We are so used to ice, snow, storms and tornadoes in PA. I used to live in Fla & GA and I realize no one is prepared. This winter weather has been wickedly cold.

To my coastal and southern friends, please be safe, be warm and have emergency kits ready. We are so used to ice, snow, storms and tornadoes in PA. I used to live in Fla & GA and I realize no one is prepared. This winter weather has been wickedly cold.

Well, there went the satellite( I realize I could go out and wade thru the snow and slip and slide on the ice to clean the snow off to regain reception) but.... That'll have to wait til 2morrow !

It seems strange to me that an older married couple would be up at all hours of the night for no particular reason . I like my sleep and can't imagine just being up randomly with my husband in the middle of the night unless something was going on ! Just thinking out loud .
LOL! Sorry, the comment about an "older married couple" not being up until all hours of the night strikes me as incredibly funny. My dad was up until all hours of the night until the day he died. He just needed very little sleep. Spousey and I are usually up until 2am, often later depending on the day and when we have to go in for work. But we don't have 9-5 jobs, so that makes a difference. I'm thinking some people involved in this case don't have 9-5 jobs, either. JMO

It would be nice if some of Heather's friends would come on with some ideas-

LOL! Sorry, the comment about an "older married couple" not being up until all hours of the night strikes me as incredibly funny. My dad was up until all hours of the night until the day he died. He just needed very little sleep. Spousey and I are usually up until 2am, often later depending on the day and when we have to go in for work. But we don't have 9-5 jobs, so that makes a difference. I'm thinking some people involved in this case don't have 9-5 jobs, either. JMO

LOL !!! The older I get, the more I need and appreciate my sleep, however, when my hubby retires , we could likely do the same- nap in the day, ramble later in the nite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14