SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about streetlights? Car lights? Lights of businesses? Unless they were driving down some country road in the middle of nowhere, I doubt it was pitch dark outside.

Until you get in to Georgetown you pretty much are in the middle of nowhere.

I am going to have to throw the BS flag on this charge by Sydney Moorer.
According to the report, Moorer told police he, his wife and three children were in his truck traveling south on Ocean Highway.
RE: "At this point Mr. Moorer stated he heard two distinct shots from an automatic handgun come from the suspect vehicle," the report states.
The victim said he lost sight of the vehicle and fled toward Georgetown, where he called police, according to the report.
automatic handgun?

"Imo, it would be impossible to know that it was a handgun or rifle without seeing it and it was dark at 9:45 PM. Very doubtful that he could tell the color of the pu truck with bright lights on".

* Why would he not call 911 before reaching Georgetown?

Amen! It was probably a loud noise from the other vehicle and that started the mindset of "what could have happened". If it was really going down while he was driving the 911 call would have happened right then!! No way they would not have called.

According to the report, Moorer told police he, his wife and three children were in his truck traveling south on Ocean Highway.
RE: "At this point Mr. Moorer stated he heard two distinct shots from an automatic handgun come from the suspect vehicle," the report states.
The victim said he lost sight of the vehicle and fled toward Georgetown, where he called police, according to the report.
automatic handgun?

"Imo, it would be impossible to know that it was a handgun or rifle without seeing it and it was dark at 9:45 PM. Very doubtful that he could tell the color of the pu truck with bright lights on".

Good points. And you really cant tell if the gun is a semi-auto VS a revolver either because I know people who can rapid fire a revolver almost as quickly as a semi-auto.

There is no way it would be an "automatic handgun". Its either semi-auto, revolver, OR "fixed shot" like a 2-shot cobra where the barrel swings down and bullets are placed directly in barrel.

Well, I kind of take that back as there does exist like the fully automatic "machine guns" like a tommy gun , but they are totally illegal and very rare. Even criminals dont want to be caught with fully auto guns due to the penalties involved with them. They require a special license and very few people can possess fully auto guns of any type.

The other way we know it was not a fully auto handgun, is if someone fired 2 shots on full-auto mode, it would sound like 1 shot and you could not tell 2 shots were fired because of how fast they would come out. Not only that, is you would not be able to stop at just 2 shots. On fully auto mode, you would likely fire 6-8 shots in 2 seconds before you could get your finger off the trigger.

It's quite possible he couldn't get any reception, there's not much out there until you get in to Georgetown.

That's not true now, in the past it was an issue, but I travel this road all the time and you can get reception!

Speaking of FB... did you know that you can edit the date on pictures posted?

Just saying.

Please explain, what cult are you referring to?

http://guardianlv.com/2014/02/craigslist-killer-confesses-to-22-more-satanic-cult-related-killings/

Miranda, the Craigslist Killer herself, has made statements to the effect that she has killed dozens of others in a killing spree she says began when she was involved with a Satanic cult at the tender age of 13. Her revelations could revive the discussion of SRA (Satanic Ritual Abuse or murder) and whether it occurs as part of non-localized and organized cult-directed activities.

Hwy 17, between Pawley's Island and the Georgetown bridge, is not in the middle of nowhere. The highway isn't lined with businesses but cellphones definilty work in that area. I have driven that road , all hours of the night and day and in all kinds of weather and always had 3 or 4 bars on my phone. Also, from the Motel 6 , it is 8 miles to the Georgetown side of the bridge, from Hog Heaven ( biker bar ) it is 7 miles.

I thought the post about the cult was in reference to the recent 'craigslist killers' who have said they are members of a cult...

ETA - the only reason my mind went there was because it's been all over the news lately.

THANK YOU(I missed that)

automatic handgun?

Many gun owners could 100% tell the difference between the sound of a handgun and a rifle. Don't know if they are, but my family owns them and could all tell the difference. Also, I would know the color of a car if it had been following me for awhile. I obsessively look in my rear view mirror since I have been stalked and harassed before. I would imagine, they would be observant as well. Also, the lights were turned off at one point, making it easier to see the car. Why didn't he call 911 right away? Maybe fear, adrenaline...maybe the same reason TE didn't call when he saw the jeep and called at least an hour later? We all report things in time. Why do rapes get reported months later? Doesn't make them any less true...maybe less believable, but it doesn't make the fact that they happen not true.

So alleged shooter did not even ding the truck in two shots? I do not know if that would be unusual.

If I were in their shoes and heard shots fired(or a blown tire, backfire, etc)in my presence , I would most definitely assume that shots were being fired toward me !

Many gun owners could 100% tell the difference between the sound of a handgun and a rifle. Don't know if they are, but my family owns them and could all tell the difference. Also, I would know the color of a car if it had been following me for awhile. I obsessively look in my rear view mirror since I have been stalked and harassed before. I would imagine, they would be observant as well. Also, the lights were turned off at one point, making it easier to see the car. Why didn't he call 911 right away? Maybe fear, adrenaline...maybe the same reason TE didn't call when he saw the jeep and called at least an hour later? We all report things in time. Why do rapes get reported months later? Doesn't make them any less true...maybe less believable, but it doesn't make the fact that they happen not true.

I'm surprised his wife or one of the kids didn't think to call 911. I know I would have dialed 911 if it were my husband driving and my kids were in the car!

Unfortunately some thing bad might happen to either family when there is no closure, no answers, suspicion, no evidence and no official poi, suspect or arrest. This couldn't be any worse or could it??? PRAY!

I respectively disagree about the sound of the gun going off. You cannot always tell. I have many handguns and also rifles and shotguns. I do agree that you can "SOMETIMES" tell the difference when it is obvious, but it all depends on what type of gun, the type of ammunition used, how far you are away from the gun, etc. etc.

I can guarantee that you cannot always tell. For instance, if I get out my 357magnum handgun and load it up with +P, and fire it outside, it sounds a lot like my 30-30 rifle.

I doubt if he was in a moving vehicle and the shot came from another moving vehicle, I doubt he could tell. He doesnt mention seeing the gun. Just hearing it.

Unfortunately some thing bad might happen to either family when there is no closure, no answers, suspicion, no evidence and no official poi, suspect or arrest. This couldn't be any worse or could it??? PRAY!

I agree .

I'm surprised his wife or one of the kids didn't think to call 911. I know I would have dialed 911 if it were my husband driving and my kids were in the car!

That is what I would have done as well. Maybe the kids were hysterical and they were trying to calm them down. I also would never have followed the man in the jeep and waited at least an hour to call the police. In the jeep case, I would have called immediately. We all do things differently. But no matter what we would do differently and what we think we may know, we don't have all the full details of all of the police reports in all of these cases to know enough. We have the bare minimum.

I respectively disagree about the sound of the gun going off. You cannot always tell. I have many handguns and also rifles and shotguns. I do agree that you can "SOMETIMES" tell the difference when it is obvious, but it all depends on what type of gun, the type of ammunition used, how far you are away from the gun, etc. etc.

I can guarantee that you cannot always tell. For instance, if I get out my 357magnum handgun and load it up with +P, and fire it outside, it sounds a lot like my 30-30 rifle.

I doubt if he was in a moving vehicle and the shot came from another moving vehicle, I doubt he could tell. He doesnt mention seeing the gun. Just hearing it.

I didn't say everyone can tell all the time.

Yes, I feel like if Heather isn't found and this case isn't solved, emotions will reach a boiling point and something very bad and unnecessary will happen. Something that will not aide in finding Heather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98