SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #18 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Did anyone tell the judge we would prefer to know the pending charges today...)

BBM

Were they told by LE not to leave the area? I'm not sure how planning on "escaping" fits with this case.

You're right, my post was poorly-worded. "Escape" does imply that they were being held.

I think there was a legitimate concern by LE that SM would take off, that's why police cars were posted around the house/neighborhood for a while now, as one of the neighbors said. Maybe those reports to the police of all this alleged harassment were them building their case for why SM had to suddenly disappear.

This lawyer was appointed to her..doesn't that mean the lawyer has no choice who they represent?

I'm sure that he can decline to represent her if he wish's to. If he's forced to defend her against his will, it would cause problems down the road I would think. MOO.

I have felt all along this "stuff" (trees, campers etc) were bought for them by Tammy's family who owns the land the house is on. Knowing what we do about their jobs (low income potential) number of children, type of house, cars etc. Many of these possessions are probably actually paid for by another person. There is probably not enough in reported income and deeded possessions to warrant ability to pay for one's own attorney. Don't let "stuff" fool you. JMO

IIRC, when search warrants are issued, LE has to state probable cause. They also have to state in great detail the places to be searched (including cars, yards, etc.). They also have to give a summary of their investigation to date in enough detail for the judge to decide if there is enough probable cause.

I have a feeling that the pending charges they are being held over on were also a basis for the search warrant(s). Therefore, we won't see anything about the Heather Elvis case until they are charged.

It is possible LE served more than one search warrant and we could see one for the current charges if there was any evidence LE thought might be in the home. If for some reason, there is only one search warrant concerning all the information, it won't be made public until after all charges pertaining to the warrant have been made.

I hope this makes sense.

The Moorers have had plenty of time to clean up / dispose of evidence.

So, where is Heather? I still think the answer is related to SM's job, somehow, and they might have had help. jmo.

I totally agree, as I also do with previous comment re: everybody is entitled to a defense. I guess I worded my post a bit off, my initial reaction was wow! he's not got murder cases, but I didn't read all, either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

He does defend murder cases:

Our services include representation in the following type cases:
Criminal Defense Federal Court, 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
Criminal Defense South Carolina State Court
Criminal Defense Magistrate Court
Criminal Defense Municipal/City Court
Murder
Homicide

Felony Driving Under the Influence
Felony Leaving the Scene with death or injury
Assault and Battery With Intent to Kill
Assault and Battery of a High and Aggravated Nature
Criminal Sexual Conduct
Drug Trafficking, Distribution, Possession
Burglary
Criminal Domestic Violence
Embezzlement Fraud Forgery
Tax Evasion
Larceny Shoplifting
Reckless Driving Speeding Failure to Yield
DUS other Traffic Violations
All other criminal and traffic offenses

https://twitter.com/StephRobusto

"Bc of the nature of this case and how fast moving it is this weekend, the chief public defender called me in" says G.M.

Seems like TM has a public defender, so likely SM will as well but a different one. If they had hired an attorney, they might would have used the same one. JMO!

I say sell some of that 'stuff' at the house and pay for your own lawyer! Grrrr!! Maybe sell those beloved psalm trees!

How can someone get public defender and spend like they were doing? It irritates the crap outta me! Hope some financial discord is found in her filing the papers for a public defender! It just doesn't add up!!!

Does this attorney actually work for the public defender's office or is he a private attorney who contracts with them?
Where I am we have lawyers employed by the PD Office and we also have private attorneys who agree to take so many PD cases a month, pro bono of course, so the PD will farm some cases out to those private attorneys.
From the above statement it sounds like maybe he is a private atty doing PD work or I have misinterpreted and it may mean he doesn't typically work on weekends. The "called me in" part is what I wondered about.
Not that it really matters one way or another. Just curious.

sorry but that is hysterical.....just trying to get that song at of your head can cause one to seek therapy......:banghead:

I agree! I literally LOL'ed when I read that post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I told y'all I'm pi%&ed she has tainted my love of Disney.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Tapatalk HD

...and my love for Myrtle Beach. I'm not far. Childhood memories, honeymooned there, family camping trips and weekend getaways. No matter what it can never be the same as it was. :tears:

You're right, my post was poorly-worded. "Escape" does imply that they were being held.

I think there was a legitimate concern by LE that SM would take off, that's why police cars were posted around the house/neighborhood for a while now, as one of the neighbors said. Maybe those reports to the police of all this alleged harassment were them building their case for why SM had to suddenly disappear.

I agree. Now if LE has found evidence that SM was planning on fleeing to Mexico like Scott Peterson did with a disguise and cash, that could be used against him at a possible trial.

It shows a consciousness of guilt in my opinion.

It may turn out to be good if they each get different attorneys. Maybe one can be convinced to testify against the other in exchange for a lesser charge. Not that I want anyone to get off.

Here you go....

7ahaqasa.jpg
8a2y8a2u.jpg

Well. Isn't that just downright freaking creepy?

What firepit pic??? I missed it. Can someone post link?

Ugh, the ad at the bottom of my page is for 30% off a Disney vaca.

It may turn out to be good if they each get different attorneys. Maybe one can be convinced to testify against the other in exchange for a lesser charge. Not that I want anyone to get off.

I wonder if they each blame each other, then could that work as a disadvantage, as you can't convict one over the other, therefore neither, kwim? There's a word for this, can't think of it. Almost like cancelling each other out...plausible deniability? No that's not it, ugh, brain's not working today.

Thanks everyone for the updates.

Hoping this brings some answers for Heather's family soon!!!!!!

I'm so glad they have been named publicly so we can brainstorm together now on Heather's whereabouts as related to places associated with these persons.

The Moorers have had plenty of time to clean up / dispose of evidence.

So, where is Heather? I still think the answer is related to SM's job, somehow, and they might have had help. jmo.

I fear she may not even be "findable" at this point, even if one of them (if guilty) wanted to confess. Wonder how that would work, if they wanted to tell where her body is, but it can't be found-how could LE decide if lying? (I hate assuming she is dead, but I believe she is.) I do not believe she is being held elsewhere...she wasn't found yesterday, which seemed very unlikely anyway, with all of those people living so close together, and anywhere else, someone would have had to be going out to "care" for her (whatever that would entail, yikes) and over two months, with LE watching, would have been tricky.

Anyway, all JMO.

This is an ongoing investigation and I'm sure evidence is still being processed and analyzed. They might try to work out a deal where one gets a reduced charge if they turn on the other. I guess it depends on what they found exactly.

I hope it's not the case, but I get this sick feeling they disposed of the body in some way that it can't be recovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia