SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #22 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found this PowerPoint on DNA and I thought I'd share.

It explains DNA, and addresses Forensics, and DNA fingerprinting.

http://www.slideshare.net/smullen57/forensic-dna-me#

Forensic Dna Me

I hope it's not too O/T

ETA: I'm not sure why it's not embedding properly, but if you click on the link, it takes you to SlideShare, where you can view the presentation. :facepalm::blushing:

MY QUESTION: Did he say it went to voicemail from the first call or did he say he called and called and THEN it went to voicemail after a few times?

TIA!

I read the xojane article again last night. He states that her phone was turned off, something uncharacteristic of her.

http://www.xojane.com/it-happened-to-me/heather-elvis-disappearance-terry-elvis

During all the time we have been there, I frantically called Heather’s phone, but it goes to voice mail without ringing. This is not like Heather at all to have her phone off.

Try clearing your browser's cache, cookies, & history, PTF. They may have a limit on how often you can view their site for "free". Our local newspaper has started putting a multi question advertising poll after the first paragraph of the article to allow you to continue to read for a week or 10 days. It is so terribly aggravating. I don't even read what the question or answers are anymore, I just click to get it out of my way.

Maybe because you are local and it is going off your IP address. Have you tried using a proxy like hidemyass.com?

FYI, I don't live in SC, but our local paper has recently gone to pay-to-read (online) as well. However, there is a loophole. If you copy and paste the title of the article into a search engine, it brings you to the entire article for free. You could try that.

Proxy server works like a charm!

Sorry. I have a friend whose brother is a cop in myrtle beach
That's where I heard about an announcement.

Okay - that means this is a rumor and rumors are not allowed here. They stir up interest and sleuthing which generally just results in wasted time and energy because most, not all, rumors turn out not to be true.

Not saying this particular rumor is not true, just that it is good to keep it under your hat for awhile and see what happens.

If there is really a big announcement coming - one of the local news sources is going to let us know, because they are going to want to get all those readers on their site/facebook, etc.

Thanks,

Salem

Here is a decription of what TM and SM may have gone through when they got put in the pokey:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_3512e79e-7d1c-11e2-89b6-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I wonder what is involved in de-lousing?

:)

ETA, this part is interesting:

Well, at J. Reuben Long Detention Center, if you are in a holding cell, you can call as many people as you want.

There is a phone, well sort of a phone with no handset, on the wall in the cell. Safford said arrestees can stay on the phone the entire time they’re there, and it doesn’t cost as long as they are dialing local numbers.

If that DNA evidence is key to the case, then I sure hope it was processed before they arrested them.

The DNA if found in the SW of the home wouldn't have time to be processed before the arrest.

But imo, they have much more than DNA evidence and if they have found something that 'appears to have blood' on it in places it shouldn't be or even found Heather's clothing she wore that night, with what appears to be blood on it tucked away in the home, that would be more than enough to arrest them for murder. Just the mere fact that anything of Heather's was found inside the home of the suspects would be enough probable cause to arrest them for murder. And more cases are won on CE than direct evidence. Most cases are CE cases. CE is like a puzzle with one link after another and LE has solved the puzzle.

No case has all the forensic evidence results back before an arrest. It will take weeks or months to get all the results back. The only cases I can remember where LE expedited some evidence to the lab and got the results back in less than a week was in the Gee mass murder case in Illinois and the Heinz mass murder case in Georgia, but that is extremely rare.

Imo, LE has solid evidence, whether direct evidence or circumstantial, that Heather has been murdered by the Moorers or they wouldn't have charged them with murder so quickly.

This case reminds me of Sierra Lamar's case when the DA announced murder charges very quickly once they arrested the suspect even though Sierra's body has never been found.

I have noticed in the last few years that more and more DAs are charging the suspects with murder even if the body hasn't been located. It use to take years for them to finally make an arrest and bring it to trial. They used the years of the victim being missing with no one ever hearing from them again to support the position that the victim had been murdered. Then they present all the circumstantial evidence supporting it.

In a lot of these cases of missing body cases there was no forensics/DNA ever found. However; I have seen conviction after conviction on these type of cases. So while DNA is great evidence to have it is not 'everything' and doesn't even have to be present to win a conviction.

I am very satisfied that LE and the DA know they have the right suspects in jail and that they are the kidnappers and murderers of Heather Elvis.

IMO

Here is a decription of what TM and SM may have gone through when they got put in the pokey:

http://www.myhorrynews.com/news/crime/article_3512e79e-7d1c-11e2-89b6-001a4bcf6878.html?mode=jqm

I wonder what is involved in de-lousing?

:)

ETA, this part is interesting:

Well, at J. Reuben Long Detention Center, if you are in a holding cell, you can call as many people as you want.

There is a phone, well sort of a phone with no handset, on the wall in the cell. Safford said arrestees can stay on the phone the entire time they’re there, and it doesn’t cost as long as they are dialing local numbers.

we can only hope that big mouth was talking! I'm sure it's recorded..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I know other people have mentioned having trouble getting response with WS at times. And I also have trouble lots of times.

The past hour I have had been locking up and wonder if the Server just does not have enough space or speed or bandwidth to handle everything. It almost seems like server issues.

Is there a thread where we can document issues we are having so maybe they can be looked into if not already. Thanks in advance.

They don't have to have held her in the truck. If they think she was forced into it, that is enough to constitute kidnapping. In many states, if she was lured to PTL under false pretenses, that's also enough to constitute kidnapping.

Maybe while at PTL she was forced to get in the toolbox of the truck, and then driven to another location? Could she have left evidence in the toolbox?

I know other people have mentioned having trouble getting response with WS at times. And I also have trouble lots of times.

The past hour I have had been locking up and wonder if the Server just does not have enough space or speed or bandwidth to handle everything. It almost seems like server issues.

Is there a thread where we can document issues we are having so maybe they can be looked into if not already. Thanks in advance.

Try here:

Forum Finesse - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

A few days ago I posted that imo, there are many parallels between HE's and the Mickey Shunick case(LA 2012). The community awareness created by MSM and driven by internet SM were enormous in both cases. As in HE's case where CUE SAR was requested, in MS's case TES SAR was requested. In both cases there was a multi agency task force; federal, state & local, formed by the lead LEA, utilizing all available investigative resources..

The most significant parallel, imo, is that there were arrests and kidnapping/murder charges made in both abductions; HE's in 66 days and MS's in 66 days..

'Community Awareness combined with the use of all investigative resources is a very effective strategy in missing/murdered person's cases, imo'..

One month after arrest, BSL led LPD officers to MS's remains burial location.. Praying & hoping that there is one more parallel in HE's case..

http://1079ishot.com/arrest-made-in-mickey-shunick-case/

Press Conference Confirms Arrest Of Brandon Scott Lavergne In Shunick Case [AUDIO]
By DJ Digital July 6, 2012

Mickey’s sister; Charlene Shunick:
"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that she is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true".

Reports: Mickey Shunick's body found
Posted: Aug 07, 2012

http://www.wafb.com/story/19219091/mikey-shunicks-body-found

Yeah, but... okay, I feel like we've been tiptoeing around something and I'm just gonna throw it out there.

Heather and SS went out on a date beginning at 7:00pm. They were not newly acquainted; they had gone to school together and had renewed communication via social media over the previous few weeks. So he picked her up around 7:00, they went to dinner, they went driving around looking at Christmas lights, they had the driving lesson at the Inlet Square Mall parking lot by 10:43, and then... what?

SS apparently dropped Heather off at her apartment shortly before 1:44am, according to LE, so what were they doing during those three hours after the driving lesson? Looking at more Christmas lights? Talking? What else is there for two healthy young 20ish-year-olds to do on a Tuesday night in December in Myrtle Beach?

One possibility is that they had sex. Maybe they went to Heather's apartment after the driving lesson and enjoyed some private time there. And, if Heather was indeed being stalked by TM and/or SM that night and they realized what Heather and SS were up to, the possibility of someone else's DNA being in/on Heather's body if it was found too quickly must have seemed like an incredible stroke of luck.

So that's what been rolling around in my head. If this was more or less what happened on the date, I could very well imagine that Heather was tired. She apparently told her roommate over the phone that she'd had "a great time" with SS, so it doesn't sound like he was someone she'd be eager to ditch.

But what could SM possibly say to lure Heather out if these were the circumstances? All I can think of is something along the lines of "I told Tammy I'm leaving and she hid my keys/slashed my tires/otherwise disabled my truck. I'm walking down to Peachtree Landing. Can you come and pick me up? I don't have anyone else to call."

I've had many a first date with someone that I already knew and had been talking to quite a bit. Long first dates with these people and there was no sex involved. Because HE and SS are 20ish,that's it. They have to be having sex? SS told police that he dropped her off and went home. He didn't say that he even went into her apartment. He took a poly and passed. As far as having a good time and not wanting to ditch him? The date was long,you said that yourself. Going by HE's words to BW about the date as well as SS's words to LE about the date and the length of the date...perhaps she had a great time,hence the length of the date but was ready for it to be over because she didn't want to have sex with him as SS said that HE told him that she was tired. I think she had fun with SS but he wasn't going to be more than a friend because she was still trying to get over SM. JMO

I'm thinking that Heather was over-powered and killed (sorry, I hate even typing that) very quickly. Because, if she thought SM and TM were going to hurt her, surely she would have said something along the lines of "I've just told my room mate that I'm meeting you, so if anything happens to me, they'll know its you" or "I've told my room mate all about tonight's conversations, so everyone will know who to look for if thing happens to me").

Maybe she did, and they didn't believe her - but a quick check of her phone might have shown them that she was telling the truth.

Maybe while at PTL she was forced to get in the toolbox of the truck, and then driven to another location? Could she have left evidence in the toolbox?

I actually believe LE when they say Heather was murdered at PTL. They have their solid reasons/evidence for saying this, imo.

She may have been put in the toolbox after she was murdered and transported to another location where they discarded her body.:(

It depends on how they killed her whether evidence would be in the toolbox, although Heather had long hair, and there could be head hairs found in it and also if she was bleeding that could be found as well.

Its actually very hard to erase DNA/blood etc. even if one thinks they have cleaned up well. There are many crevices/creases/cracks that will hold the DNA evidence in it.

Yes that makes sense and that's where the "kidnapping" charge came into play. I guess they found the evidence in the back seat of the truck? But how would they know she was HELD there? It's not like they are going to leave a rope behind? Or maybe they did. Who knows.
uza9a2a9.jpg
mypapu6a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. But could one of them have maybe confessed to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would certainly be kidnapping, but it wouldn't even have to go that far. If she tried to get in her own car and they stopped her, that would be kidnapping as well.

They might not have any direct evidence of kidnapping. It's quite likely they think the circumstantial case that she drove herself there and didn't drive away means they restrained her from leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20