SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome 55 Guests and all new members. Seeing a lot of new faces here. WS is building quite the SC presence, thanks to Heather. Hope you guys stick around and help with other cases as well. :)

:welcome:

no idea, my laptop is broken so I can't even look it up. (that photo just appeared on my phone, I could move it around but not zoom)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

This should help:

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    526.4 KB · Views: 47
Another scenario I can see, and one I've mentioned before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but perhaps SM and TM had a fight over Heather that night, possibly fueled by alcohol.
Maybe SM called Heather from his house and told her he's leaving TM, and Heather could hear TM in the background screaming. SM may have then left the house and driven away.
If SM did in fact call HE from a phone booth, it may have been a second call after his initial phone call to tell Heather he had left the house. He may have used a pay phone either so TM wouldn't see (by logging into her phone account and checking the usage for his phone) that SM was calling Heather again, or maybe Heather hung up when she heard TM in the background the first time SM called, and SM hoped if she didn't recognize the number, that she would answer his call.
During the second call he may have pleaded with her to meet him and talk, maybe at their spot. Heather may have relented based on whatever SM was saying to convince her to meet him. He may have told her something like he couldn't live without her, or something to that effect. He may have been very emotional, and despite it being late and the fact that she was tired, she may have still had feelings for him and so said yes to meeting him at PTL.
I think it's quite possible that TM had a tracking device on SM's phone, and that she caught them both there at PTL, likely already in SM's car. I also think it's possible that she may have had SM followed at some point when she suspected he was fooling around, and knew this was one of their rendezvous spots.
TM mentioned her love of guns, so maybe she shot Heather (using a silencer), or maybe she forced Heather into the water, and then shot her while she was in the water.
TM could then have threatened SM with all that he had to lose if he didn't cooperate and help her cover up what had happened.

....and what better way for TM to also implicate SM is if she made him do the final last act that took HE's last breath....iykwim.

moo

Haaay everyone! First post on this thread...jumping in with total speculation. What if SM called HE to say he'd murdered his wife and wanted help doing...whatever next...would that explain her driving so meet so late; give TM some kind of moral probable cause?
...again, I'm totally brainstorming out loud...MOO and all the other barnyard animal sounds...who am I kidding, this is totally going to get deleted...

Do you really feel that Heather would Want to be an accessory to a Murder?? I don't understand.
So you feel Heather would drive over to see Sidney to help cover up TM's murder if Sidney said he murdered Tammy?
That doesn't say much about what you feel about Heather's character.
Yeah, I don't understand. Please explain.

IMOO.

OT: I've never heard of Plum District but I got an email from them tonight if anyone's looking for a terrific deal for Disney :giggle:

Attachments

• plum district.jpg
    plum district.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 62
Another scenario I can see, and one I've mentioned before, so I apologize for repeating myself, but perhaps SM and TM had a fight over Heather that night, possibly fueled by alcohol.
Maybe SM called Heather from his house and told her he's leaving TM, and Heather could hear TM in the background screaming. SM may have then left the house and driven away.
If SM did in fact call HE from a phone booth, it may have been a second call after his initial phone call to tell Heather he had left the house. He may have used a pay phone either so TM wouldn't see (by logging into her phone account and checking the usage for his phone) that SM was calling Heather again, or maybe Heather hung up when she heard TM in the background the first time SM called, and SM hoped if she didn't recognize the number, that she would answer his call.
During the second call he may have pleaded with her to meet him and talkmaybe at their spot. Heather may have relented based on whatever SM was saying to convince her to meet him. He may have told her something like he couldn't live without her, or something to that effect. He may have been very emotional, and despite it being late and the fact that she was tired, she may have still had feelings for him and so said yes to meeting him at PTL, which may have been a place they regularly met.
I think it's quite possible that TM had a tracking device on SM's phone, and that she caught them both there at PTL, likely already in SM's car. I also think it's possible that she may have had SM followed at some point when she suspected he was fooling around, and knew this was one of their rendezvous spots.
TM mentioned her love of guns, so maybe she shot Heather (using a silencer), or maybe she forced Heather into the water, and then shot her while she was in the water.
TM could then have threatened SM with all that he had to lose if he didn't cooperate and help her cover up what had happened.

This is along the lines of what I believe- I've never had the feeling that SM killed her but I have never waivered fom the thought that TM did- I believe she is not only narcissistic, she is EVIL as they come . I have previously had the feeling this was pre-planned but am leaning more toward the caught in the act scenario.
I don't think SM would have wanted anything to happen to HE BUT DO BELIEVE HE HELPED COVER IT UP AFTER THE FACT !

I think sonar would've shown a body. I feel certain they'd have checked sonar around PTL right after the disappearance. Maybe that's why they haven't had a dive team out there before now (that we know of).

Not sure if metal detectors would aid in the search for keys/cell phone?

We dropped our keys in water about 6 feet deep in Murrells Inlet a few years back. For anybody that's had their feet in the bottom of a river or marsh in SC lowcountry, you know it's nothing like the bottom at the beach. You sink down in the plough (pluff) mud and it literally sucks you in. I lost a shoe once while clamming in 3 feet of water. Pulled my foot out and the mud sucked it right off my foot. By the time I dumped my apron full of clams and went back to the spot I thought I'd visually marked, half of my grimiest pair of Keds was lost forever.

When we searched for our keys in the Inlet (never found them, by the way - and we knew exactly where they fell) I was amazed by the amount of random junk we did find. Maybe there's so much man-made debris on the bottom a metal detector wouldn't be of use.

Wow. This post gives me chills. See, these are the kind of posts you only get from someone who has been there. This is very, very significant in my opinion. No wonder they would have go to over the area over and over again.

I would get Tim Miller out there. If Heather is there, if anyone can find her, it would be Tim. jmo

Jumping off this, possibly he was dropped off at the pay phone to call HE. He told her had no place to go, needed to talk, she came and picked him up.

Off to PTL they go...and TM is there waiting?

Kelly

Eerie... I literally JUST SPOKE THAT THEORY OUT LOUD to my BF seconds before I read this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think the "wee hours" is that odd for these two (HE and SM). He likely worked a lot of third shift hours due to the nature of his work, and she likely got off work VERY late/early a.m. due to the nature of her work. "Wee hours" were probably just like after work hours for the "rest of us." I'd venture to guess that was a fairly normal time for them to rendezvous.

I have (blood suckers) boys that are Heather's age and they think nothing of going out at 1 or 2 AM (especially if they sleep til 2 pm) AND especially if it is to meet up with a girl. IMO it is not uncommon. Annoying & scary for me...but not uncommon. JMO

OT: I've never heard of Plum District but I got an email from them tonight if anyone's looking for a terrific deal for Disney :giggle:

Dang, if I didn't already have my 2 trips paid/planned for the year. But, I am staying deluxe soooooo....

Kelly

Yes we have massive amounts of alligators in sc, especially considering their habitat is only the coastal half of SC ( I believe the populations are estimated at over 100,000). I can't recall where their habitat ends, but I believe it's somewhere west of the Pee Dee area. The ACE Basin is one of the most important breeding areas for the American alligator. In recent years they've even shown up in the ocean and on the beach (in small numbers) but they wouldn't be expected to be there. There are of course problems with construction and growth pushing them out of their usual habitats. Anyway, they are everywhere around

They are in the upstate of SC as well. Unfortunately.

I have (blood suckers) boys that are Heather's age and they think nothing of going out at 1 or 2 AM (especially if they sleep til 2 pm) AND especially if it is to meet up with a girl. IMO it is not uncommon. Annoying & scary for me...but not uncommon. JMO

Mine either. My last 2 boys are here at home, and I can literally go a few days without seeing them. Our schedules are totally opposite.

And it can be scary. But relatively the norm. We text back and forth but we know that isn't always what it seems

Kelly

Has that area ever been dredged, I wonder. Is this an option?

Dang, if I didn't already have my 2 trips paid/planned for the year. But, I am staying deluxe soooooo....

Kelly

I've got 17 days at deluxe paid for, myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

But, who has verified that they had actually broken up? And, if they hadn't, I could definitely see him not wanting to meet at her place (and have his vehicle spotted there?) I'm just not thinking these two had actually come to the end of their relationship at all.

Since we don't know, but it's been assumed in some cases, I posed questions in the context of if they had, and if they hadn't.

I have no idea what went on in their relationship. But apparently it wasn't meaningful enough to him to stop him from killing her.

At any rate, I have more questions than theories. My questions have primarily revolved around why then, why there, and why so close to their home, while leaving her car to be found.

So, looking at this piece by piece. LE has confirmed they think HE drove to PTL. (Ugh, I think of Terrilynn and how they were wrong on where they thought/said she drove, ugh, anyway, let's just assume LE has evidence to prove HE drove to PTL).

Then what? The next thing that has to be determined, and obv LE seems to think so too, is whether HE ever left PTL. They added kidnapping, but that could mean she was just confined against her will at any location, including PTL if I'm not mistaken..

My question is did SM/TM take Heather away from PTL in a car? Was she maybe "marched" into the woods? Was she drowned? Did it all go down right there? Did they kill her there and leave her there? Or did they kill her there and remove her from the location? Or did they remove her from the location, then kill her, then dispose of her elsewhere?

I've seen in other cases where, after the truth is revealed about what really happened, its something nobody could have even thought of. I find that hard to believe that could be the scenario here, as so many options and theories have been brought to the table, but I still feel like there's something we're missing.

The post above by intoodeep and the keds lost forever is really bothering me.

Hailey Owens' killer put her in one of those big blue storage containers (different type of crime), but did they have a Tool chest? Fishing chest?

Wait a minute---LUGGAGE!!!!!!!!!

Would the M's have weighted her down with rocks? If they didn't have a container, did they tie rocks to her? How? Rope? Duct tape?

If she is not in the water, then she has got to be somewhere associated with SM's work, jmo (poured concrete, forklift, something along those lines--I posted some info/options re: SM and construction, but can't seem to find the posts; they might have been deleted when we were in eggshell mode (not complaining, I understand :). I will try to repost (glad we're over that hurdle!). Where / how does SM dispose of his construction waste? Or somewhere associated with their camping, fishing trips, or childhood. (who knows, maybe its a total random place, but I would lean more towards a spot they are already familiar with). Abandoned building / house? shed? Tossed her over a bridge? Swamp?

I wouldn't think they would bring her back to their house, but who knows?

Remember TM also watched (more like idolized) Nancy Grace. So its not like nothing like this has ever entered her subconscious before, meaning awareness of missing persons investigations and disposing of evidence. And being so familiar with the area...

I saw upstream fire was mentioned again. Travis Forbes burned a barrel fire in an alley to dispose of evidence. I reviewed and posted link to fire logs back in thread 1 IIRC--- I was surprised to see how busy the fire departments are out there. Seems there are many fires down there on a given night.

You guys remember the abandoned trailer fires about an hour north, IIRC? I wonder what ever came of that.

<eta: I need to quit etaing, this post takes up a whole page, yikes>

During the second call he may have pleaded with her to meet him and talk, maybe at their spot. Heather may have relented based on whatever SM was saying to convince her to meet him. He may have told her something like he couldn't live without her, or something to that effect. He may have been very emotional, and despite it being late and the fact that she was tired, she may have still had feelings for him and so said yes to meeting him at PTL, which may have been a place they regularly met.

I agree...I have always thought they were ambushed myself...

We took a day trip to North Myrtle Beach today. The drive to the beach is about 80 miles. I thought of Heather the whole time. There is so much Land and water, she could be anywhere! We spent the day looking at a resort area, shopping, and eating. I was surprised I never saw the first flyer or billboard with Heathers picture, or any missing person from the area. I'm not sure after following this case so closely if I'll ever think of Myrtle Beach like I did before all of this.

I'd like to know what motivated her to take that drive to such a dark place at that hour. And I don't buy she was madly in love with this guy.

It doesn't make sense.

If HE and SM had been seeing each other all along, what's so urgent on 12/18 2:00 -3:00 a.m.? If this relationship was leading to 'I'm leaving my wife and want to be with you', after seeing her all along, why the need to rendezvous at PTL in the wee hours?

And what was so upsetting about hearing 'good' news?

Conversely, if they really ended their fling last fall, why on 12/18 did SM decide that leaving TM warranted a clandestine meeting in the wee hours at a boat landing?

Really?

Ok, so in either case he was lying and it was all a ruse to get her somewhere to kill her.

Again, really?

And she agreed to such an unexpected meeting at that hour, why?

First, why did she need to be killed? I get the buzz that's flying around the web. But even if true, she needed to be killed that morning, in the wee hours, after luring her with a lie? You could probably convince someone to go for coffee quicker and come up with a better plan for offing them and not drawing attention to your crime.

And I do think she wasn't easily convinced. At least not if there was all this calling and texting and consulting with the roomie, and shedding tears, before she got in the car and drove to the darkest spot she/they could have chosen.

?

I would think it would make more sense to say hey, I'm done with the ball and chain, I love you madly, let's leave tomorrow evening and go on a road trip or to a hotel and start over. And if the mission was a murder then on the way or after arriving at what's to be the end of the road, oops, or gotcha, or whatever.

But this PTL theater and leaving the car there, particularly if she was taken from PTL after her death, then posting on FB, and screwing up the alibi story - not to mention the IE somewhere in between or afterward....

Lots of activity and steps before getting to the point, which was her death.

If I decided to kill someone for whatever reason, and based on a previous history had the ability to convince them to see me, I think I'd prefer to isolate them farther away from our local territory. I'd definitely not involve three vehicles, and I sure as heck wouldn't pot stir something as dramatic as, 'Hey, after a fling that's gone nowhere, I've decided to leave my spouse because it dawned on me you're the one. So...let's meet at 3:00-ish a.m. when you've had no sleep, at a boat landing in the dark. You drive your own car."

What is up here? Because I don't think TM suddenly 'snapped' and said, 'So, Sid, let's get her, I'm thinking 12/18, and PTL makes the most sense for her murder.'

Regardless of rumors being true in the end, or TM being a flaming narcissist, or SM being (most likely) the pathological dum-dum, something is wrong with this picture.

Maybe it will all make sense once we get more details and the missing pieces come together. But right now, it just doesn't quite connect.

I too have been racking my brain as to WHY, after a nice date but an upsetting call, she would venture back out into the night to an isolated place. I'm trying to put myself back MANY years... and since she was at the apartment by herself with NO ROOMIE...why venture out again to PTL?

OK... Need to think think think way back to my youth perhaps.....

SMH

We took a day trip to North Myrtle Beach today. The drive to the beach is about 80 miles. I thought of Heather the whole time. There is so much Land and water, she could be anywhere! We spent the day looking at a resort area, shopping, and eating. I was surprised I never saw the first flyer or billboard with Heathers picture, or any missing person from the area. I'm not sure after following this case so closely if I'll ever think of Myrtle Beach like I did before all of this.

I know :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member