SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey All
I went out to PTL today for about an hour and a half with my metal detector to see what I could find. I was specifically looking for HE's keys, phone, watch, or even her ring. All I found was eleven cents. But, I Thank you for all the kind words I received today. I was trying to help and I know there are a bunch of dedicated people helping like I am.
The Tip Tent was working and folks were stopping there - I hope someone said something that will turn this case around.

ps - Truckdriver - Good Post!

:yourock:

Hi everyone! First time poster here and just wanted to add a little bit of knowledge of the river. We keep our boat in a marina south of PTL on the Waccamaw River. Like previous posters have mentioned, the water is almost black -- like undiluted tea. I have never felt really safe boating on the Waccamaw because the current is unbelievably fast moving towards the ocean. When you have the tide coming in (moving up the river) pressing against the natural downward movement of the river flowing towards the ocean, it can cause swells in the water. You have to be on the constant lookout for submerged logs and debris that can damage your boat. There are many recreational boaters out on the river in the summer time, but I just don't feel comfortable out there with our small children. Also, there are many old plantations that line the banks of the Waccamaw and they have canals coming off the water for the old rice field dikes. The banks are full of reeds and cypress tree "knees" (roots) and they have small little creeks jutting into the edges. I would almost describe it as the banks of the river are swampy. When we go out, the dock hands always say to watch out for the logs, alligators and water moccasins. If HE was placed in the water at PTL, she could have easily drifted quickly out to the river. Once you are in the river at PTL, the Waccamaw flows into Winyah Bay in Georgetown then out to the ocean. I don't think she would have just floated into the middle of the river and drifted all the way down. IMO, the likelihood of her being caught up in the swampy sides would be very high. Unless you physically get out of your boat and scoured the sides of the river, it would be virtually impossible for her to be seen. Much of the land along the river is private.

We also have a beach house close by the area and it breaks my heart. Walking my dog and seeing the missing flyers is like a knife in my stomach. Several years ago I went through something similar to this situation and I remember all too well what it is like to search for someone and put flyers up and pray for answers. I know in our situation, LE gathered as much evidence as they could before they made an arrest. It was very frustrating waiting and knowing they had enough evidence for an arrest, but they wanted it to be an ironclad case. LE never revealed publicly what they had until the trial. I have to believe that LE in this case has some solid evidence to make arrests without HE. I'm sure they want convictions as much as anyone.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Welcome truckdriver! I'm sorry for whatever happened with your own missing person experience. Glad you came here to offer such a unique perspective.

I appreciate your details about the Waccamaw. Maybe you can confirm or debunk this other idea. There was some speculation about whether or not the Moorers could've used a boat and dropped HE in another location on the river.

My husband has a little john boat and we would never go out on the Waccamaw at night, especially those little narrow fingers here and there. We had a friend whose son was killed several years ago. He'd been knocked unconscious by a low limb he drove under in the dark.

Do you ever go out on the river at night? Do you think the Moorers would have?

SM must have given her a believable reason why he could not come to her apartment and it may be one of many things we will never know, unless it was via text. So many things we may never know...even if one does talk, it will likely be lies...JMO

Well, this was a new apartment for HE and maybe she didn't want SM to know where it was!?

Maybe HE was really trying to rid herself of the attraction/love/lust she had for SM? Maybe she was keeping this location of the new apartment **private**!!!

Which brings me to this question: I wonder where HE's keys are? I wonder if they were found at the M's house?

Maybe it was Heather that didn't want him to go to her apartment? If she was (as rumored) attacked by TM she would probably be a bit more cautious about where she met SM.

OT: Nice outfit Clu, did you buy another new dress today?

Absolutely!

Having known a married/cheating man in my life..... I can think of ONE reason that they would call from a pay phone. That he realized that the wife has finally caught on, seen his LOGS, and is onto him. Surprise, surprise! She has kept it to herself that she isn't technologically ignorant as you thought. And perhaps even responded *as you* when you weren't with your phone.

And perhaps Sidney, therefore, used a pay phone. Most cheaters (okay, only one, not multiples) I have known have a prepaid off the record "phone with minutes" *cough* *cough* *cough* on their *burner* phone that doesn't have the details online for the primary phone for wife to see....

I'm thinking that this timing, IF TRUE, of him using a pay phone...with the others later on HIS phone??? is KEY.

What I do think, is that if he is the player that is being discussed.... he has ANOTHER PHONE that is not the house phone.

Still scratching my head, why didn't he use the *burner* throw away phone to call HE and used the payphone. Did Tammy know about the OTHER phone?

Okay, you guys are going to kill me for saying this, but, well never mind, I don't want to give any defense attorneys any ideas if these guys are guilty!

Moving on, where is Heather's phone? With / near her?

Going back to read, catch up.

Hoping Heather's family gets some closure soon.

Another thing that makes me seriously question the aspect of premeditation by SM is, if he was planning on killing her, why would he be dumb enough to leave a phone trail behind right beforehand...which again, brings to mind the rumored payphone...

Maybe SM and TM took a ride and had a fight.

Ugh, my head is spinning. I'm going to pop open a beer.

Beer anyone? :drink:

Yes. This is the main thing I can't reconcile about both TM and SM premeditating the murder - SM and his cell phone. Even the dumbest criminal would use a burner phone to commit premeditated murder. And why did he call HE's number from a pay phone at 6am as was originally reported by TE?

Depending on the source, the last ping on HE's phone was 3:00 or 3:41. If SM knew the phone was turned off, had battery removed or was destroyed, why make that call at 6am?

Then there's the IE charges, pretty much blowing the "leaving me wife thing" out of the water.

Would texting pictures of nudity count as indecent exposure, or would that be worded differently?

If I were Heather, I wouldn't want Sidney coming over in the off chance his wife was following him. Tammy [modsnip}

This should help:

Looking at this map, if you were to leave PeachTree Road and turn right, what is that body of water called?

Eta: changed street name and I noticed the map is gone :(

Could premeditation be considered if a weapon was brought to the scene?

I am hoping that S&T did some communications on their own devices about the murder and LE has since been able to retrieve deleted texts, or something like that. Combined with some of Heather's belongings in their possession, for example, that could show murder, IMO.

Those 2 IE charges...definitely strange. I keep thinking they must be sex addicts (not that we know that is what the charges are for).:blushing:

Kelly

Perhaps the IE charges are not sex related. What if there was a confrontation at PTL and between the fear of possible dna transfer and being wet from disposing of the body they strip down. They don't want to leave their clothing at the scene of the crime so they toss it in the back of the truck and look for places to throw it away. They may had gone to one place to dispose of items belonging to HE and another place to toss their own clothes and were picked up on surveillance cameras when they went to the dumpsters.

Another thing that makes me seriously question the aspect of premeditation by SM is, if he was planning on killing her, why would he be dumb enough to leave a phone trail behind right beforehand...which again, brings to mind the rumored payphone...

Maybe SM and TM took a ride and had a fight.

Ugh, my head is spinning. I'm going to pop open a beer.

Beer anyone? :drink:

BBM - That bothers me as well. Also, I keep telling myself, just because HE hasn't been found doesn't make them geniuses. I think in the end (trial) it will all be simple, but in the mean time I am missing several puzzle pieces and hopefully HE has been brought home before then. :tantrum:

Hi everyone! First time poster here and just wanted to add a little bit of knowledge of the river. We keep our boat in a marina south of PTL on the Waccamaw River. Like previous posters have mentioned, the water is almost black -- like undiluted tea. I have never felt really safe boating on the Waccamaw because the current is unbelievably fast moving towards the ocean. When you have the tide coming in (moving up the river) pressing against the natural downward movement of the river flowing towards the ocean, it can cause swells in the water. You have to be on the constant lookout for submerged logs and debris that can damage your boat. There are many recreational boaters out on the river in the summer time, but I just don't feel comfortable out there with our small children. Also, there are many old plantations that line the banks of the Waccamaw and they have canals coming off the water for the old rice field dikes. The banks are full of reeds and cypress tree "knees" (roots) and they have small little creeks jutting into the edges. I would almost describe it as the banks of the river are swampy. When we go out, the dock hands always say to watch out for the logs, alligators and water moccasins. If HE was placed in the water at PTL, she could have easily drifted quickly out to the river. Once you are in the river at PTL, the Waccamaw flows into Winyah Bay in Georgetown then out to the ocean. I don't think she would have just floated into the middle of the river and drifted all the way down. IMO, the likelihood of her being caught up in the swampy sides would be very high. Unless you physically get out of your boat and scoured the sides of the river, it would be virtually impossible for her to be seen. Much of the land along the river is private.

We also have a beach house close by the area and it breaks my heart. Walking my dog and seeing the missing flyers is like a knife in my stomach. Several years ago I went through something similar to this situation and I remember all too well what it is like to search for someone and put flyers up and pray for answers. I know in our situation, LE gathered as much evidence as they could before they made an arrest. It was very frustrating waiting and knowing they had enough evidence for an arrest, but they wanted it to be an ironclad case. LE never revealed publicly what they had until the trial. I have to believe that LE in this case has some solid evidence to make arrests without HE. I'm sure they want convictions as much as anyone.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

Rock on Truckdriver! Welcome! Great post!

:welcome2:

"I appreciate your details about the Waccamaw. Maybe you can confirm or debunk this other idea. There was some speculation about whether or not the Moorers could've used a boat and dropped HE in another location on the river.

My husband has a little john boat and we would never go out on the Waccamaw at night, especially those little narrow fingers here and there. We had a friend whose son was killed several years ago. He'd been knocked unconscious by a low limb he drove under in the dark.

Do you ever go out on the river at night? Do you think the Moorers would have?"

BBM. Thanks! I would say that yes, they could have gone out in a boat at night. I have not nor would I ever go out on that river at night. I have grown up around water and I would not feel comfortable going out there in the dark. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's son. That is terrible. The trees that line the river have many branches that go out over the water. Most people familiar with this river know you have to stay away from the sides because of the branches and the snakes that like to hang out in them. Otherwise, you'll get a mad water moccasin in your boat.

There are so many scenarios that could have happened. Right now, I think I am leaning more towards the theory that HE pulled up to PTL alongside SM's truck to meet him. TM showed up or was already with SM and an altercation occurred. I believe that HE was killed or severely disabled there at PTL. It all would have happened quickly. In the panic that ensued, I believe they put her in the water, took or disposed of her keys/purse, knowing it could be days to find her. I can't emphasize how fast the currents are in that water. In addition, maybe the M's thought the water would "wash" away evidence. I think in that situation, putting HE in their truck would have been more risky for them. Another thing, it has been unseasonably cold here in SC this winter. The water is colder, the air is colder, etc. Much of the underbrush is gone which would have limited ground cover for hiding a body. Since the water is so cold, it would delay the decomp of the body versus the summer time. I have attempted to insert the data on the water temperature for the Waccamaw for 12/17/13-12/21/13:

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv?cb_00065=on&cb_00300=on&cb_00010=on&format=gif_default&period=&begin_date=2013-12-17&end_date=2013-12-21&site_no=02110802

The water temps hovered around 50-53 degrees during this time which is quite cold. I know you all know when bodies decomp in water, the gases produced will cause the body to rise. I think its quite possible that she was put in the water. She would have moved from PTL very quickly. Gosh, I hate to even write this stuff. I'm just not sure what evidence LE would have found that would have linked them to murder in this scenario though.

Perhaps the IE charges are not sex related. What if there was a confrontation at PTL and between the fear of possible dna transfer and being wet from disposing of the body they strip down. They don't want to leave their clothing at the scene of the crime so they toss it in the back of the truck and look for places to throw it away. They may had gone to one place to dispose of items belonging to HE and another place to toss their own clothes and were picked up on surveillance cameras when they went to the dumpsters.
If they were caught on camera dumping clothing or anything else, I certainly hope LE has recovered those items!

So, then NewYork625, if we pursue this possible Bambi angle, that would mean shot in the woods.

<Ok, I just officially sounded absolutely bat crazy...probably time to call it a night. Keep up the great work! :wave:>

Hey All
I went out to PTL today for about an hour and a half with my metal detector to see what I could find. I was specifically looking for HE's keys, phone, watch, or even her ring. All I found was eleven cents. But, I Thank you for all the kind words I received today. I was trying to help and I know there are a bunch of dedicated people helping like I am.
The Tip Tent was working and folks were stopping there - I hope someone said something that will turn this case around.

ps - Truckdriver - Good Post!

&#9829;You Rock!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

I too have been racking my brain as to WHY, after a nice date but an upsetting call, she would venture back out into the night to an isolated place. I'm trying to put myself back MANY years... and since she was at the apartment by herself with NO ROOMIE...why venture out again to PTL?

OK... Need to think think think way back to my youth perhaps.....

SMH

I'm close to Heather's age, and I honestly wouldn't think twice if someone I had had a relationship with called me upset and asked me to meet them somewhere at that time of night/morning. I think she really did love him and never would have imagined he would bring her harm, so to her it probably didn't seem that weird to meet up with him so late.

So, then NewYork625, if we pursue this possible Bambi angle, that would mean shot in the woods.

<Ok, I just officially sounded absolutely bat crazy...probably time to call it a night. Keep up the great work! :wave:>

Goodnight Margarita! Love your posts! :seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member