SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 #24 **ARREST**

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, I just don't think this was the way they used to 'dispose' (UGH, I HATE THAT WORD) of Heather's body. It's not big enough and all it would result in is a badly charred body. So, they'd have to move her, YET AGAIN, to a final hiding spot. I just don't see them putting in that much effort.

I probably never would have come upon this information outside of WS, but apparently it takes days (?) to completely burn a body. I can't imagine a fire burning nonstop for that long wouldn't rouse the attention of family members or neighbors.

Has it ever been answered whether or not cadaver dogs alert on traces of burnt remains? Like if they burned something evidentiary like her purse or clothes that had contact with her after she was deceased.

In the case of Terrilynn Monette, sonar didn't find her CAR. They sonared in one particular body of water several times and it was a volunteer diver from another police agency that found her car on his day off when he went in for one final dive.

IIRC, they looked very very close to the spot where she was found, but not the exact spot. Tim Miller said TES didn't search that exact spot because LE told them she had gone in the other direction---Tim Miller said something along the lines of, "if you're off an inch, you might as well be off a mile"...

Since then, TM (Tim Miller, not OMW or LMF!) has pulled who knows how many bodies out of water---they have been extra busy lately, it seems.
TES Rocks!!

My thought is no matter what type of deal he could be make he won't be out of jail for at least 10 years. All his kids will be adults by then and custody will be moot. At least I would hope he would spend at least 10 years behind bars. (I used 10 because that would get him to the point where custody would be moot)

10 years for evil premeditated murder?

Just for my mental health, did you post this same post last night?? Cause I thought I read this exact post and liked it, because it is really spot on, but now I'm wondering if this is just a deja vu moment:scared:

:floorlaugh:

Same here ...:sunshine:

I think it may have been in the social media thread?

:waitasec:

IDK, I just don't think this was the way they used to 'dispose' (UGH, I HATE THAT WORD) of Heather's body. It's not big enough and all it would result in is a badly charred body. So, they'd have to move her, YET AGAIN, to a final hiding spot. I just don't see them putting in that much effort.

I heavily pondered not a fire pit but a burn-barrel - easily contained, hauled away before or after burning. Burn barrels are VERY common in the south, especially rural areas with no city/county garbage collection. I am not immediate local, generally familiar so I am guessing but would appreciate confirmation - it appears to me their property would be outside of the city limits where garbage collection is included in utilities/water etc.... Does any MB/Socastee resident know for sure? Of course there are contractors you can employ if you are outside collection area for a private fee - I will go back to look at property pics to see if I spot any of the common rollcarts we all use. Mostly, I'm thinking burn-barrels near garage, back limits of property/out of general sight.

IMO the body couldn't have been burned there with so many people close by. The smell would have been horrific.

Does anyone know if there have been any searches down in those swampy, alligator-infested areas where they searched for Britanee Drexel? I keep thinking that would be the best place to dispose of a body in the MB area. I remember hearing that it would only take 6 hours for a body to be consumed by the gators.

This theory has been kicked around for a while. It was said by someone that gators don't feed when it's cold - IIRC. Can someone help me out here? I'll see if I can find any info on that.

I read an article last weekend (I can't find it, so it's possible that it's since been updated) that said Sidney's lawyer mentioned something like... After sitting down with Sidney for the first time and looking over some of the initial evidence, I'm fairly confident this case will go to trial.

I remember reading it because it gave me confidence that LE does, in fact, have a substantial amount of evidence.

However, I read that article BEFORE his lawyer spoke out and said he's certain that Sidney had no involvement with, or any knowledge of, the events surrounding the disappearance of Heather Elvis.

ALSO--
IIRC, it was the same article that first mentioned the solicitor saying he didn't see this being a death penalty case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about this and think it could also be taken a completely different way: "This case will definitely be going to trial because there's plenty of reasonable doubt so that my client will be completely exonerated."

I hope I'm wrong about that.

I found it, check my post #637.

Thanks!

Good job! :thumb:

Yep... A charred Mickey's face... Almost like an omen...

:no:

On another note...

Still thinking of ways of disposing of the body...

What about those metal barrels... Filled with lye (or some chemical that "eats" flesh, bone and tissue)?

would SM have access to any of these barrels and chemicals in his line of work?

Additionally...a barrel like that could be placed... Sitting "in plain sight"... Like even on their property.... Or common, unofficial "dumping area" in the surrounding properties...

:waitasec:

Sorry if this has been asked / answered already. I'm trying to keep up with the threads and still look busy at work....
Does anyone know if Georgetown facility has nicer "amenities" than Long? That question sounds like I'm talking about resort hotels, sorry! I'm wondering if TM is being rewarded for talking. TIA!

Actually, J. Reuben is a country club compared to the Georgetown County jail...TM is going to a much worse place. Believe that.

I was thinking about this and think it could also be taken a completely different way: "This case will definitely be going to trial because there's plenty of reasonable doubt so that my client will be completely exonerated."

I read it the same way, ie he's confident he can get a not guilty verdict so will not accept any type of plea.

Guys.... Psychic, Astrological readings, and dreams are not allowed here.

Ima

More maps! I haven't placemarked the Tilted Kilt before because it's so near one of the Indecent Exposure locations that they crowd each other from too high of a view, so here's a closeup of the area:

downtownwm_zps68582510.jpg

Briana Rabon's body was found about three hours outside of Myrtle Beach and someone has already been arrested in connection with her case. At this time, I don't feel like there's any connection with Heather's disappearance so I'm not mapping those locations.

Brittanee Drexel's disappearance is a little bit more of a possibility, although there's a very likely suspect in her case, IMO, who was living at Sunset Lodge when she vanished while walking north to the Bar Harbor Hotel. I don't have a strong feeling TM/SM had any involvement in this, but am showing the pertinent locations just in case:

Drexwm_zps398e7ec0.jpg

I think Amber Berbiglia's murder is the strongest possibility of the three of having a connection to Heather's case. Amber was last seen at the cable office at 1:00pm on May 3, 2013, and her body was found a few hours later with a fractured skull, car still running, and phone inches from her fingertips:

f47f080c-3128-4dda-8d7b-c9bd20bd4c85_zpsceb7e1dc.jpg

And I apologize for the watermarks. I'm not THAT proud of my work, but recently had maps on another case hijacked and used on Facebook rumor pages without attribution or a link back to WebSleuths -- a situation that had totally slipped my mind when posting the earlier maps on this case. :doh:

Yeah I actually considered that thought too after I typed it. I hope it's the former.

So I'm a little confused, and maybe someone can help clear this up for me. Various people keep mentioning that SM & TM changed their clothes, and that was the IE charges. Just wondering where the "changing clothes" thing came from, as I have seen absolutely nothing about it.

MOO, Is that the IE charges stem from TM & SM, going to "tryst" places of HE & SM's, re-enacting sex acts, and sending them to HE on her cell phone, and THAT was why she was so upset when calling the roommate..JMO.

Sometimes what someone looks like on the outside is not what is attractive to a girl/woman. Sometimes it's the way he looks at her, the way he treats her, the way she feels when she's with him. Some men treat the women in their lives like they are the only woman in the world, like she's a princess, like he can't do enough for her and thinks that she hung the moon. Some men just make a girl feel beautiful and worthy of all good things. FWIW. Looks aren't everything. I've known some drop dead gorgeous men who were empty inside and had no room for love for anyone else besides themselves. They didn't need anyone to love them, they had enough love for themselves to take care of that. FTR.

:goodpost:

I can appreciate a man with a tool belt, a man who knows how to fix stuff. My ex was absolutely uuuuuuuuuseless with a screwdriver. And laaaaaaaazy as who knows what.

I heavily pondered not a fire pit but a burn-barrel - easily contained, hauled away before or after burning. Burn barrels are VERY common in the south, especially rural areas with no city/county garbage collection. I am not immediate local, generally familiar so I am guessing but would appreciate confirmation - it appears to me their property would be outside of the city limits where garbage collection is included in utilities/water etc.... Does any MB/Socastee resident know for sure? Of course there are contractors you can employ if you are outside collection area for a private fee - I will go back to look at property pics to see if I spot any of the common rollcarts we all use. Mostly, I'm thinking burn-barrels near garage, back limits of property/out of general sight.

You're right... They do live outside city limits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member